DECEMBER JAN FEB MAR

RULES

PLOT

THE APP

WANTED

HOUSING

CLAIMS

ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!

UNITED KINGDOM
Ministry of Magic
CURRENCY
GALLEONS (GOLD)
MINISTER
HERMIONE WEASLEY
MUGGLE
NON-MAGICAL

Add Reply

Found It ...wait Don't I Know You?, Tag: Tristan
MARIANNE WEASLEY
Transfiguration Professor

Wand 61

8½" Pine, Kneazle Claw
Halfblood Witch | AGE: 27 | 3 POSTS

Hogwarts Alumni (Ravenclaw)

Virgo

Heterosexual

Single

535 ʛ

Jan 11 2018, 10:02 PM

Mari had spent the better part of a week looking for one book and for the better part of that week she had been distracted by hundreds more. Now, on the last day of her time off she was determined to snag the book and check it out so that she could continue research at work. One of her spells was worked out but now she had four others that branched from it and she was excited to get started. Ever the book nerd she loved the library and all it stood for in her life. When she was young she could remember how other students would be excited to go on dates and other events and all she really cared about was a good book. It was like her drug or candy and she could never seem to get enough.

With a satisfied sigh she pulled the book, and four others, and sat at a table. Smiling up at a librarian as she opened the first reverently. This one was well over 300 years old and she just knew it was going to have a wealth of information in it that the newer ones tended to gloss over. A lot of researchers liked to look through older tomes but preferred to present their work as new and innovative. Mari was clearly different. Mari loved to read the older books and talk about how her own research was a branch off of them or discovered because of a fluke side effect of other spells. She found it fascinating how spells from hundreds of years ago, ones well known, could be used as foundations for newer and more complex things, if you had the imagination to adapt them.

Standing up to go and grab just one more she let out a gasp as she bounced off of someone just behind her. Dropping books with a loud clatter and earning a disapproving stare from the librarian for it. In a hushed voice she apologized to her unintended victim. "I am so sorry I should have looked before charging off."

Looking up she paused. "Wait...I know you don't I? You're...oh forgive me but I know I know you some how." she said gently.

If I transfigure you into a frog will you let me study then?
TRISTAN RAVENSCROFT
Healer Trainee

Wand 61

11" Willow, Phoenix Feather
Pureblood Wizard | AGE: 19 | 56 POSTS

Hogwarts Alumni (Hufflepuff)
London, England

Gemini

Heterosexual

Complicated

1250 ʛ

Jan 12 2018, 01:12 AM

Tristan had felt much safer with books throughout his life, than with most people. Of course HIS people were not a part of 'people' and so when he walked into the Library, he let out a long and calming sigh.

'Books....' he thought. 'They can't hurt me like people can. Like my family can.' he went on to himself and smiled softly, feeling infinitely better than he had before his hand turned the knob of the door to get inside. To Tristan, a book was better than most people, and it teaches better lessons than especially his family and bullies could teach him, and so he always gravitated to them instead of most humans. To him, the older the book, the better.

He enjoyed how they taught, and how he could work at his own pace, fast or slow, depending on what had happened in his life. They didn't speak harmful words to him, they didn't tell him he didn't belong as a Ravenscroft, they didn't kick him while he was down... They were books. The soft and wonderful smell of books calmed him much of the time, and though he'd just walked into the Library he already found himself slightly calmed.

Tristan took in a deep breath and let it out slowly as he moved towards the shelves, picking out a book on medicine that he hadn't read yet and he was about to sit down at an empty table, when someone knocked into him. He nearly fell over himself, and he dropped the large and dusty tome that he'd been carrying to the floor with a thud. His book wasn't the only thud though, the person who'd hit into him had apparently dropped their book or books as well, and his head quickly turned towards the Librarian who's disapproving stare was making him feel incredibly uncomfortable, before turning to his feet and the book that had fallen there beside them before he heard the voice.

It was one he'd recognized, one he'd heard many times before. And he looked up to her, and both trembled and smiled at the same time. It was Marianne, Lily and Louis' cousin. "M... Marianne?" he said, his voice both shaky and trembling at the same time. "It's... Well... I'm Tristan... Lou and Lily's... friend..." he trembled out. Tristan may not be so good at names, but he was truly good at faces, and though he wasn't sure how well he knew the young woman in front of him, he knew she was family to some of 'his' people and so he thought and hoped that he would be okay.

MARIANNE WEASLEY
She can't be dying...
MARIANNE WEASLEY
Transfiguration Professor

Wand 61

8½" Pine, Kneazle Claw
Halfblood Witch | AGE: 27 | 3 POSTS

Hogwarts Alumni (Ravenclaw)

Virgo

Heterosexual

Single

535 ʛ

Jan 12 2018, 11:55 AM

When Tristan spoke Mari immediately connected the dots. Sometimes she was just too buried in a book to remember people clearly. Smiling at him gently she nodded. Louis and Lily were close to this kid. He had been leaving Hogwarts as she was coming back in as a teacher which is probably why she didn't clearly remember him. From what she could tell he was a good guy though. It probably helped that he was here in a library as well. Book lovers were always ok in her world.

"Oh yes yes Tristan. Sorry I tend to be a bit scattered with names. You just graduated Hogwarts not to long ago yes?" she smiled again as she shifted the books in her arms and laid them down on the table next to her. "It's nice to see you again." she meant it as well.

Anyone who was friends with family had to be a good person for the most part. Weasley kids knew how to pick friends. Plus, the unsavory sort, tended to stay away from the Weasley clan because of their connections. Not to mention the Potter brood. Mari liked to think she was a fairly good judge of characters as well and this kid just seemed like sweetness incarnate.

"Are you here on research or just in the mood for a good read?" she asked as she looked at the librarian who seemed to have calmed down now that things were quiet again. Mari was always careful to keep her voice lowered so as not to anger them. Librarians were wonderful people but you did not want to get on their bad side. They had the right to revoke your book access and Merlin wouldn't that be awful!?

TRISTAN RAVENSCROFT
If I transfigure you into a frog will you let me study then?
TRISTAN RAVENSCROFT
Healer Trainee

Wand 61

11" Willow, Phoenix Feather
Pureblood Wizard | AGE: 19 | 56 POSTS

Hogwarts Alumni (Hufflepuff)
London, England

Gemini

Heterosexual

Complicated

1250 ʛ

Jan 14 2018, 02:11 PM

She smiled towards him and Tristan smiled back towards her. "It's alright, I'm not sure we've met all that many times to be fair. Though it is nice to see you again." he whispered towards her, glad that the Librarian had stopped looking at them again. "And yes, not too long ago." he answered. "I'm a Trainee Assistant Healer now..." he whispered to her, still hoping to keep the attention of the Librarian away from them.

"To be honest, a little bit of both." he answered her softly, glancing towards the Librarian to be sure they weren't being watched anymore. They weren't and he smiled softly again, and lifted up the book that he had wanted to sit down to read. "I was going to read this." he said, showing her the book. "So I guess it's both for research and for fun reading too, since I love being able to help people, take care of them and things, you know?" he said to her.

Tris hoped that Marianne didn't think he was crazy, that was for sure, and he smiled towards her again. He waited to see what she'd have to say about his choice of reading, hoping that she wouldn't think he was weird or nuts because of it!

MARIANNE WEASLEY
She can't be dying...
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Add Reply