FEBRUARY MAR APRIL MAY

RULES

PLOT

THE APP

WANTED

HOUSING

CLAIMS

ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

[wick] You Caught The Light, //tag hayden
REID LARSEN
Quidditch Player

Wand 48
10" Hornbeam, Pegasus Feather
Pureblood Wizard | AGE: 23 | 19 POSTS

Hogwarts Alumni (Slytherin)

Aries

Heterosexual

Single

385 ʛ

Sep 4 2017, 05:03 PM

Reid was wrapping up an entire weekend spent in New Orleans, all for one qualifier match that was an easy win and no longer on his mind. He'd been more preoccupied with why Hayden Buchannon was ducking him.

They weren't "friends" exactly, he didn't really know their label, but their relationship was significant enough to appreciate him coming into town. He'd let her known he'd be here, but he didn't see her at the match (if he wasn't bludgering, he was scouting) and for the afterparty she'd made some weird excuse about not being able to make it.

Reid didn't get it. She was a former quidditch player who would want to see others on the team, if not him. They hadn't owled each other in some time, not since her parents had passed away, but he didn't feel distant from her. Maybe she was dating someone...

A mix of curiosity combined with a refusal to be rejected like this brought him to the bar of Mischief Managed. He had to believe this was one big misunderstanding and her reasons for seemingly avoiding him were legitimate. When he saw her behind the mostly empty bar, he took it as an opportunity to pull up a stool. He was wearing a nice plaid shirt, unbuttoned to reveal some chest hair, and dark jeans, a little more casual than he normally went out in but this was Bourbon Street, after all, where being sloppy was a way of life.

"Hayden you're real elusive yet real easy to track down at the same time, ya know that?" He smiled at her, still happy to see her despite his suspicions.

HAYDEN BUCHANNON
Whys their only one day to celebrate yr girl? Valentines day is just a day. Don't worry ladies I'll treat you for life ;)
HAYDEN BUCHANNON
Bartender/Singer/Model

Wand 61

11½" Rowan, Veela Hair
Halfblood Witch | AGE: 22 | 104 POSTS

Ilvermorny Alumni (Wampus)
New Orleans

Virgo

Heterosexual

Single

2010 ʛ

Sep 4 2017, 05:37 PM

Hayden had wanted to go to the game. Had been geared up and excited for it for weeks, and would have been there if not for a sick eight-year old that had kept the both of them up all night. So instead of being at the game, they were curled up with Sherman in her little sister's bed watching it. Big sister, however, didn't get to watch it as intently as she liked as she was constantly mother-henning her baby sister; checking her temperature, giving her medicine when it was time, holding her until the little girl finally fell asleep just before the snitch was caught. God, how Hayden missed those days.

By the time she got the invite to the party, one she no longer felt comfortable at, she gave Reid an excuse and that was that. Games, after parties, parties in general? That wasn't her life anymore, and to attend them would be just a painful reminder of it. So why go? Even if she had been invited. Besides, she had work that night, and she really could use some sleep beforehand. What she didn't need was to almost oversleep, even if it was obvious she could use it.

At least she managed to get ready in time for Tasmin's sitter to get there for the evening, Hayden giving her the rundown on the little girl being sick, where money was to order dinner and what Tasmin liked when she was sick, before she was out the door and apparating to work. It was a slower than usual night, maybe the game had dampened some of the partying spirits in her regulars. She was in the middle of restocking the bar, an occasional flash of tan midriff showing as she reached up to put a bottle on a higher shelf when she heard that voice behind her.

Turning around once everything was in its place, she leaned forward onto the bar, crossing her arms and giving Reid a tired smile. "Yeah, sorry about that. It's... been a crazy last few days. Congrats on the win. What can I get you? First drink's on me."

REID LARSEN

Considering murdering someone who suggested fairy princess costumes for me and Tas who saw the text
REID LARSEN
Quidditch Player

Wand 48

Aries

Heterosexual

Single

385 ʛ

Sep 17 2017, 06:56 PM

"Crazy couple days, huh?" he repeated back, digesting this as her reason for seemingly avoiding him all weekend. The excuse wasn't cutting it. Sure he'd used it before -- all the time when it came to girls gone clingy -- but you didn't use that kind of excuse when you were fucking with Reid Larsen. And Hayden Buchannon, whether she thought it or not, was fuckin with Reid Larsen.

He looked her over. From the back, that midriff was looking real fine. But from the front she did seem to look worn out. Maybe it was the job. It had to be hard going from pro quidditch to serving others at the bar. He couldn't imagine this kind of job for himself. He didn't serve others. Get your own damn drink...and get him one while you're at it.

"Ya look tired, sounds like you need a drink more than me. I'll buy, less ya think Potter's gonna be a problem?" Reid knew JAMES POTTER from Hogwarts, but ever since he'd turned werewolf Reid hadn't bothered to keep in touch. The closest they ever got to talking was James watching him take home two ladies home from his bar.

He leaned in his stool to see if he could see the owner anywhere. Coast was clear, if she so chose to drink. He wouldn't be partaking. "Just water, two limes for me." Drinking alone, or drinking when the other wasn't, was pathetic and something he'd never do. It'd put him in a position of weakness, but Hayden could just chalk it up to him watching calories, which he did.

"Did ya at least see the game on the telly?" "

HAYDEN BUCHANNON
Whys their only one day to celebrate yr girl? Valentines day is just a day. Don't worry ladies I'll treat you for life ;)
HAYDEN BUCHANNON
Bartender/Singer/Model

Wand 61

11½" Rowan, Veela Hair

New Orleans

Virgo

Heterosexual

Single

2010 ʛ

Sep 17 2017, 11:17 PM

Hayden knew that tone. She knew Reid, that look, and exactly what he wasn't saying by repeating what she'd said. And what did it get him? The hardest, most flat, do-not-fuck-with-me-or-I-will-end-you look. When Hayden worked the bar at Mischief Managed, she rarely had use for security if a patron got too unruly. Who knew when she'd 'retired' that her skills as a Beater could come in handy in the real world? "Yes. Crazy couple days." That was all he was getting because she was working and she refused to let the stress of those days show beyond the slight fatigue in her eyes.

A stressed out looking bartender didn't get as many tips as a flirty, attentive, and smiling one.

"Might be because I am tired, Captain Obvious." Hayden fired back at him sassily a corner of her mouth pulling up in a smirk as the opposite brow arched slightly. "James won't be a problem because I don't drink on the job." Especially with going home to a sick little sister. The only time Hayden actually broke out the alcohol or broke down and got a drink was when she was little sister free, or her stress level was considerably higher than it was at the moment. Reid, she could actually turn down for the drink, he was... not a friend friend, but something. She could sass him and give him hell all she wanted. patrons she didn't know? That was a little different, and she had a way of not getting drunk if they insisted on her drinking with them.

Nodding in regards to his order, Hayden stood upright and snagged a glass. Even filling an order as simple as a water with two limes she made look entertaining before sliding it across the bar to him and arching a brow at him again. "How else do you think I knew to congratulate you? I might not have been able to make the game in person, but I wasn't going to miss it totally if I could help it."

Reaching over, Hayden snatched up a cherry or two from the fresh fruit she kept handy for some of the mixed drinks and popped one in her mouth. "How long are you staying in town?" She asked once she'd swallowed the cherry and managed to tie a knot in the stem. So some habits she'd picked up with bartending to get a good tip had become second nature by now. Hayden didn't know why she was going to offer a chance to make everything up to him, but she was. If her sister was doing better by tomorrow anyway. "I'm free tomorrow afternoon, no modeling, no music gig... and I don't have to come here until later. Could try and make it up to you a lil." She offered with a shrug before moving away to take care of another customer and let him think on the offer.

REID LARSEN

Considering murdering someone who suggested fairy princess costumes for me and Tas who saw the text
REID LARSEN
Quidditch Player

Wand 48

Aries

Heterosexual

Single

385 ʛ

Sep 30 2017, 06:18 PM

What a waste of a pretty face to have a look like that on it. Reid met it with a straight face, not backing down until she admitted to being tired. Tired. Either she was not in the mood, or maybe truly tired, but either way it was hard to argue with the excuse. He let it go, at least for the time being. "Course not. You're not that kinda girl."Like many of the girls Reid took an interest in for more than just a night, Hayen was passionate. She wouldn't drink at work because she took her job seriously. And she took her job seriously because she was taking care of her family. Family was her passion now. Reid respected that.

He watched her with growing interest as she prepared his order. She had a knack for this. He didn't verbally give her this credit though, not when they were back talking about him. "Solid game. Still feelin' the bruise from that bludger, but can't hurt as bad as one to the face." He raised his water glass in a small toast to himself. Quidditch injuries were common, and a large portion of those injuries were directly caused by Reid Larsen. He took any hit as a personal attack, so when the bludger had got him in the shoulder, of course he had a vendetta against the opposing beater.

Reid was feeling a lot better now that Hayden acknowledged the game and Reid could tout his performance. Still, Hayden had a way of refocusing the attention on her. With a knot now in the cherry stem, Reid reconsidered his departure date. "Wouldn't be a big deal to go home a day late," he called after her and waited more eagerly for her return. "Call it a date for tomorrow, yeah? But whatcha mean by music gig?" He knew about the modeling (boy, did he know about the modeling), but he had no idea she was...singing?

HAYDEN BUCHANNON
HAYDEN BUCHANNON
Bartender/Singer/Model

Wand 61

11½" Rowan, Veela Hair

New Orleans

Virgo

Heterosexual

Single

2010 ʛ

Sep 30 2017, 07:28 PM

The fact he saw that her family was her passion now was something that Hayden herself hadn't seen yet. She was taking care of her family because it was the right thing to do. It was what she was supposed to do. She couldn't just abandon her sister, so she took care of her. She hadn't even realized it had become a passion -- or that even though she was tired more than she wasn't, and there was a lot of weight on her shoulders she wasn't sure she was strong enough to carry, Hayden loved it.

Green eyes lifted as he talked about the game, and she finished making his drink. The moment he mentioned the bruise, a little spark came to life in the back of her mind as she remembered having to put a cream that her mom had made from her essential oils on bumps and bruises after games. And how there was a whole stash of it back home. "Yeah, seriously. I had one miss my jaw by an inch one game. The other guy who knocked it my way wasn't so lucky when I caught it with a backswing of my bat." She answered with a dark chuckle as she reminisced on that particular game. That had been a game for the books, that was for sure.

She thought more and more of the cream at home, and how it was just sitting there collecting dust, as she filled a few of her regulars orders. Coming back once she'd pocketed her tip and had them set up, she leaned on the bar in front of him. "How about we grab lunch and then figure out the rest from there?" She offered before chuckling. "How about you swing by here tomorrow night before you leave, and I'll show you." She teased, amusement leaving her eyes dancing with light and laughter. "So, I get outta here in about an hour. I've got somethin' at the house to help with the bruises from the game. It's a salve my mom made when I played. Does wonders for the minor battle scars earned on the Quidditch pitch." She began before getting to the point. "I can give you a few jars. It's just collecting dust now that I'm not playin'."

REID LARSEN

REID LARSEN
Quidditch Player

Wand 48

Aries

Heterosexual

Single

385 ʛ

Sep 30 2017, 09:20 PM

He had to remind himself that he wasn't only Hayden's customer as she moved about the bar, taking more orders as it picked up around them. It was times like these that Reid either made his presence known for the glorification or retreated away if he didn't want the spotlight. He wasn't as known in the States, but he still had a reputation for stirring controversy. The blokes around here likely weren't going to start kissing his feet, so Reid was okay when Hayden presented a part 2 to their exchange.

He smiled, feeling like he understood where this was going. "That's real thoughtful. How bout I go pick a few things up, and you write your address here?" He gestured the napkin toward her to write on. While texting would have been ideal, Reid was stubborn and hadn't succumbed to the muggle texting fad. Call him old-fashioned, but he still wrote owls and refused to own a phone. He'd take scribbles on napkins over muggle technology any day. "Tonight can be ours, just us."

HAYDEN BUCHANNON
HAYDEN BUCHANNON
Bartender/Singer/Model

Wand 61

11½" Rowan, Veela Hair

New Orleans

Virgo

Heterosexual

Single

2010 ʛ

Sep 30 2017, 09:45 PM

Hayden wasn't a one night stand kind of woman. Not now that she had her sister to care for, so the second he mentioned the night being theirs, Hayden's hand paused in writing down her address. No, she was reading into it too much. Reid had never expressed an interest in her in that fashion before, so what was the difference now? Nothing that she saw, and immediately she finished writing down the address. "The sitter will probably let you in. She stays until after I shower so I'm not smelling like the club, and so if my sister wakes up someone's where they can hear her." Because Merlin only knew when her sister was going to have a nightmare about their parents.

An hour and thirty later though, the sitter was gone, Tasmin had been checked on, and a damp haired Hayden was padding around the house doing odd chores she did every night until she heard the knock on the door. Guessing it was only one person, Hayden made her way there and leaned against the frame with a grin once she saw Reid on the other side of the threshold. "Took you long enough. Thought you were going to flake out on me." She teased before stepping back and letting him in.

"Welcome to the Buchannon... manor I guess? Right this way for some relief for that Bludger bruise. Want anythin' to drink?" She rattled on easily as she led the way to the kitchen and then the workroom off it that held the herbs and all of the bottles of oils her mother had made before her death. She'd already pulled out a few jars of the salve to give to Reid, and had them in a box, but kept one on top to try with him right then and there. In her mind, she was strictly helping him as she nodded to a stool just inside the door. "Figure we can see if it works before I give you a supply. And I know you're going to make some joke about me getting your clothes off. So, ahead of time... shove it Larsen." She informed him, taking on a sassy tone as she smirked at him over the last bit.

REID LARSEN

REID LARSEN
Quidditch Player

Wand 48

Aries

Heterosexual

Single

385 ʛ

Sep 30 2017, 10:31 PM

Reid had interrupted their earlier conversation at Mischief Managed as mischief about to go down, and he'd come prepared. In his possession was a bottle of expensive wine, massage oils, condoms, and a toy broom for the younger sister. Reid knew family was important to Hayden, so getting a toy broom to distract the little one while he was busy with Hayden seemed like a win-win for all parties.

Reid was in no rush as he wanted to give Hayden time to clean up and get the sitter out of the way. She acknowledged the delay, but he didn't. It only proved she was waiting on him, which he prefered. "I got some wine we can open. Screaming Banshee Cabernet Sauvignon 1992. Thought we both deserved a night off." He was still in the mindset that they were going to massage each other. Even her joking about not removing their clothes didn't seem to resonate. It was a tease. Well, he'd show her a tease.

He smirked back but with different intentions. "You don't want to?" He'd switched outfits to something nicer, a black button up that he was now, button by button, removing to reveal a toned upper body. On and off the pitch, all his calorie counting and workouts definitely counted for something. He moved to sit on the stool and looked ahead, waiting (and also not so indiscreetly flexing). "Don't worry, there's still the bottom half in case you change your mind," he joked.

HAYDEN BUCHANNON
HAYDEN BUCHANNON
Bartender/Singer/Model

Wand 61

11½" Rowan, Veela Hair

New Orleans

Virgo

Heterosexual

Single

2010 ʛ

Sep 30 2017, 10:58 PM

Where he had dressed up, Hayden had dressed down in a pair of yoga pants and a tank top. And the moment she saw him she immediately felt underdressed. And then began to wonder if this was a good idea after all when she saw the wine. Even if it did sound insanely tempting. Tassy was asleep upstairs after all. She could have a drink or two.

"Long as Mini Me doesn't get sick again, a night off is tempting." Hayden admitted with a sigh as she led the way to the room that held the oils and salve she'd dug out for him. When she turned and saw him unbuttoning his shirt? With that smirk?

Hayden's mouth went positively dry.

Sweet mother, Mary of Jesus, how was she going to get through this without doing something she'd regret in the morning. Reid, of all people? Wanting her. Even for a freaking night. Something she still wasn't sure about as she did her best to focus. There was a slight tremble in her hands as she scooped out a bit of the salve and slowly began to massage it into the bruised area on his shoulder gently. The heady scent of peppermint, lavender, chamomile, thyme, sandalwood, and ginger filled the air as for a few minutes she worked in silence. "How's it feeling? Not using too much pressure am I?" Because asking about the bruise was a lot safer than thinking along the path he was trying to lead her down.

REID LARSEN

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply