Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
ADD REPLY

The Beeping Won't Stop, tag: ciar
+ Las Vegas, NV
+ Sagittarius
+ Bisexual
+ Single
JOY KILBURN
Apple Employee
** Pureblood Witch | AGE: 19 | 52 POSTS
Wand 89

11½" Vine, Salamander Tail
NET WORTH: 0 ʛ
Ilvermorny Alumni (Thunderbird) alternative text
Apr 6 2018, 02:10 PM
More often than not, Joy was glad she was a witch. If she was No Maj, or any witch without the mind she had, she feared of what could have happened. An ugly body lying in some tomb, or an urn of ashes to be tossed into the sea. It was a miracle to be alive, and as she put her hand over her heart, which beeped as a reminder of who she was, Joy smiled softly as she waited outside of Ciar's office. Maybe he could help her, perhaps there was some way she could resume normalcy again.

Joy used to love flying on planes, and now that she was part-something else, some humanoid, some creature- it would be relatively easy for security to find out her secret. She spent so much time studying and experimenting that she had no desire to become another science project for the No Maj Americans. She envisioned being prodded with questions, paperwork, and tedious waiting to simply travel a way she enjoyed. Not no, not for now. The simple solution was to always travel the Wizarding way, but it was alas- without the views and sheer exhilaration of being in some mechanical bird zooming through the sky.

It was fitting that the creature department and the international cooperation were on the same floor. Two men passed by her and whistled in her direction, she heard her beeping rapidly increase, and on impulse she flicked them off with her best case of RBF. Although she knew Ciar was blind, she tended to dress up for him. The things she did for a crush, a man who was oblivious and disinterested, yet sweet enough to carve a little bit out of his schedule to help her out with some documents relating to her magical citizenship.

She tapped the heels of her Louboutins together, the red bottoms accented the red of her dress underneath the respectable work cardigan.

CIAR PIERCE

Just joined a Hallie Jotter RPG online, hmu for my plotter
+ London
+ Libra
+ Pansexual
+ Single
CIAR PIERCE
Ministry Worker
*** Halfblood Wizard | AGE: 35 | 63 POSTS
Wand 2

10" Apple, Hippogriff Talon
NET WORTH: 1481 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Ravenclaw) alternative text
Apr 7 2018, 09:07 PM
Due to his position being very much a 'people-person' job, Ciar met a lot of people. He was often thrown into situations with people that he'd never imagine that he would meet, and he loved it. It was always so interesting to meet people from around the world, from all sorts of different cultures, that had all sorts of different things they were trying to do with their lives. One department he supervised was the 'Magical Citizenship' departments where witches and wizards from all over the world wanted to come to Great Britain to live. Often, he didn't have too much to do with the interworkings of the department, but occasionally he had the pleasure of helping out, especially if it was someone he knew.

If he was being honest, he couldn't remember the exact circumstances in which he had met Ms. Joy Kilburn, but he thought she was a nice young lady and that she had quite an interesting personality. He didn't know many American women, and so she stuck out in his head quite obviously with her accent and her name and her beeping.

It was the beeping that amused him the most. He didn't know what the beeping was, by any means, and he never thought to ask her about it, but he did know that it followed her everywhere she went. And so Ciar was well aware of Joy's arrival when he heard a very tiny, very feint beeping from the other side of his door. He was well aware of why she was there and he was very happy to help her with anything she might need from him.

Ciar smiled to himself and stood up from behind his desk. "Come in!" he called, and he knew the door had swung open, seemingly on its own, to reveal Ms. Kilburn to him. He smiled in her direction now. "Good morning, Joy!"

JOY KILBURN
+ Las Vegas, NV
+ Sagittarius
+ Bisexual
+ Single
JOY KILBURN
Apple Employee
Wand 89

Apr 8 2018, 12:50 AM
There were very few people who could say her name and sound like they meant what it was supposed to bring: Joy. His enthusiastic tone sort of switched something off inside of her, and her familiar beeping didn't know what it was doing. The blonde felt her insides teeter totter back and forth through too slow and too fast, but made it indoors anyway, her heels clicking on the floor. She shut the door slowly and sank into the chair across from him, her eyes searching his, knowing there was nothing before him.

It dawned on her that he'd never be able to see her pursed, glossy ruby lips or the sharp contour of her cheeks. Her enviable brows and long, fake lashes. What a waste of her hours. She put the files folder in front of her, thick and heavy as it was on its own on top of his desk, not bothering to slide it over. Her mind was already full of codes, and modules on how to approach this to someone who may or may not understand what she was trying to do.

"Thanks for agreeing to meet with me today. I've had to deal with something for the past two years, and it's sort of prevented me from completely doing my job. I'm trying to get citizenship here, and though I'd usually go the No-Maj route, I can't pass any tests of security or health and wellness due to my condition," she exhaled, "So, I'm hoping, you could tell me what to do so I can just do it the wizarding way and be on my merry way."

It wasn't a complete confession of what she was, but it struck her deeply that she was not human any more. She often joked about being proud of having that percentage of machine in her body, but now it was preventing her from doing the simplest tasks. Last night, there was a thunderstorm and she nad no choice but to stay in a friend's basement out of fear that the lightning would find her. At first a funny thought or experiment turned quickly into dread.

"Pretty please, with sugar on top," Joy finally added jokingly with her best baby doll impression.

CIAR PIERCE

+ London
+ Libra
+ Pansexual
+ Single
CIAR PIERCE
Ministry Worker
Wand 2

Apr 10 2018, 08:14 PM
There she was, with the click of heels and the infamous beeping that followed her right through the doors and up to his desk. Ciar wondered, for a moment, what she must look like. Most people didn't wear high heels when coming to work at the Ministry. Too many hands-on jobs and too much walking around. Ciar recalled the people from his youth that wore such shoes. Fancy women at the bank, friends of his grandmother's, girls who went to proms in their finest attire. He wondered how dressed up Joy was and if she always dressed like that. Something told him that she did.

He motioned to the chair he knew was in front of his desk and heard her fall into it almost immediately. He took a seat as well. A moment later, he heard the smack! of papers hitting his desk. It sounded like she was working on quite a project. He smiled. "How can I help you today?" he asked in a pleasant way, hoping to sound more casual and less like he was dealing with someone for work. His tone always ended up sounding a bit too practiced, he thought, from talking to people all the time for work. He hoped that all his personal connections didn't up sounding like he was dealing with customer service.

Ciar listened as she explained her predicament. So she was trying to become a British citizen. Lovely. But she couldn't go about it in the muggle way because of some condition she had, of which he had yet to discover. He smiled throughout her explanation, and when she was finished he sat back in his chair and began a thoughtful answer.

"Well!" he started. "You've most certainly ended up in the correct place!" After all, the Department of International Magical Cooperation did most definitely deal with foreign witches and wizards trying to become citizens. "I'm glad you came here too," he said in a more serious tone. "Seeing as you are a witch, trying to become a citizen by dealing with the muggle government won't do. No...if you had stayed here long enough, we would have come looking for you anyway. We actually have a small part of our department devoted to finding foreign wizards and witches who are here for an extended period of time. A bit of a 'welcome party', if you please." Ciar grinned at his own words.

"We can get you straightened out in no time," he said with a rather cheerful disposition. He noticed the faint beeping again, but he ignored it. "Although, and I don't mean to be rude, but you mentioned something about your 'condition'...there are some minor security tests to be done here before our process is over. They also check to see what sort of magical heritage you have...veela, werewolf, that sort of thing. Your condition won't prevent these?" He didn't want to pry, but he wanted to make sure the whole thing could go through.

Ciar tugged his wand out of the front of his robes. "Accio Quick-Quotes Quill!" he said cheerily, and some parchment and his quill flew straight to his opposite hand which was open and waiting. He touched the quill to his lips and it came to life in no time, awaiting his command. He turned his attention to Joy. "So, if you have a bit of time we can begin the pre-process now!"

JOY KILBURN
+ Las Vegas, NV
+ Sagittarius
+ Bisexual
+ Single
JOY KILBURN
Apple Employee
Wand 89

Apr 11 2018, 01:26 AM
A cavalcade of eccentricities.

Joy allowed her eyes of wander the miniscule touches of his office, in slight wonder. It was definitely more warm, homey, and quirky than her own at Apple HQ. Her office was white, black, and glass highlighted by edges luminating every edge. A sleek, almost clinical and cold feeling would erupt once in her domain. The only accent she had was her bright colored totes and outfits. People could spy Joy from a mile away. But then again, she wasn't like all female engineers. She thought to herself, 'How can someone who's blind be capable of seeing so much to put in this little space?' Maybe he had help, she reasoned. Joy remembered when she'd been reprimanded to causing too much of a scene by sheer appearance- it was all "too distracting." What she was wearing now, was not allowed back home. Expression had been one of the few things she clung onto to feel more... human.

Beep... Beep... "I'm glad you came here too." BeepBeepBeepBeepBeep

ShutthefuckupJoyohgodkeepitinyourdamnpantsbuthe'ssopretty

Her mind had always raced to find solutions to equations, but it all tended to go into hyperdrive when she was thinking about raw feeling. Joy was unfortunate in that she often couldn't hide or lie when something had effected her.

"A welcome party..." she repeated to herself before perking up, "I like parties."

I like parties? I LIKE PARTIES? What are you? FIVE? She bit her lip and winced, glad that he wouldn't be able to see the utter embarrassment on her face. She'd been turning as red as her dress by the minute- maybe she was lucky he was blind. She covered her face with her hands following that thought- oh shit did that make her a horrible person?

"It-It's not that easy to explain," she chuckled weakly, "I'm not a Veela or a Vampire or any special... being." Oh... the way she said it sounded really sad. "I mean, I love myself. I'm just a badass American girl, what more do people want, ya know?" Oh, that sounded obnoxious. Try again.

Joy turned to make sure his door was closed, "It's not a heritage thing, it's... my beeping. Oh for the love of Bob Saget, this is a lot. I'm going to be telling you a lot about myself to make this work, aren't I? Usually people just give me what I want because I'm pretty-" she sighed and remembered again, "-and I promise that I am." Not that it means anything to you, anyway.

Gulp. Having a crush on someone was exhilarating, the endorphins were giving her so much energy, but she hated not being composed. Joy hated feeling like her IQ dropped a few points, and she hated salivating along with the nervous ticks only emphasized by her audible heart-song. She watched as the quill made its way over to him, and she watched the tip of it touch his lips and swore that it was the sexiest thing she'd seen in weeks. BeepBeepBeep. 'Not again...' she thought. 'But dayum if I could be that quill.' Not exactly mellifluous Shakespeare, but coming from a robot- that was as poetic as she was ever going to be.

"What else exactly do you need to know about me? Any tests? I'm ready. I'm good at tests. I- I have close to nothing to hide. Like 98.9 percent nothing."

CIAR PIERCE

+ London
+ Libra
+ Pansexual
+ Single
CIAR PIERCE
Ministry Worker
Wand 2

Apr 13 2018, 10:06 AM

Ciar thought Joy sounded particularly nervous for some reason. Her voice was wavering and she seemed to be saying some funny stuff, but Ciar chalked it up to Joy being a unique girl and the fact that she was American. Kee only knew a few American girls and if he could make an assessment using only the ones he knew he’d have to say they were all a little goofy, and that was just alright with him. So he just beamed at her and played along with all of her quirks. ”Yes!” he chirped. ”Parties are quite fun, but I meant a ‘party’ as in a group of people with a shared task, but that’s quite alright…” He shifted in his chair a little bit and stretched his hands wayyy above his head with a groan. ”Alright, er…’badass American girl’, let’s get to it then!”

He was pleased when she said she was going to tell him lots of things about herself, not only because that would make the citizenship process much easier, but also because he was interested in hearing what she had to say. He thought people’s personal stories were always absolutely fascinating.

The comment about people only giving her things because she was pretty first caught Ciar offguard and then made him very sad. It was odd that she was assuring him of this, and it was sad that people treated her differently based on the way that she looked. The idea struck a chord with him, and Ciar thought about this a tad longer than he should have before tucking it away in his brain for later. ”I...oh…” He frowned deeply. ”To be honest, it makes sense that people would treat others differently, but the premise never occurred to me. That bothers me. I’m really sorry that happens to you.” He paused before saying, ”I’m sure you are very pretty, but it’s really your character that matters. I wish people would judge you on your character.” He had meant for this to be encouraging, so he tacked a very sincere smile on the end of his words.

He chuckeld at her ‘98 percent’ comment. ”No, no tests today!” he told her cheerfully. ”Here…” Ciar flicked his wand at a chair he knew resided in the corner and it pulled up right beside him on his side of the desk. ”Come sit by me! Get comfortable. Would you like tea? Coffee? We might be here for a while.” He waved his wand and a cup of coffee began to brew itself. ”It’s more like...an interview.” The Quick Quotes Quill hovered beside him, poised to begin. ”Can you tell me where you were born?”

JOY KILBURN
+ Las Vegas, NV
+ Sagittarius
+ Bisexual
+ Single
JOY KILBURN
Apple Employee
Wand 89

Apr 13 2018, 10:58 AM
"Oh, my bad. And here, I thought we were going to break out the champagne and have a twerk-off."

Joy chuckled and inwardly cringed at the words that came out of her mouth, she didn't wanna smack her forehead, so she simply put both of her warm hands on either side of her face, shaking her head at her impulsive antics- aaand now he was stretching. He was like some majestic, handsome giraffe behind that desk. His sincerity made her heart aflutter once more, and she smiled back.

"God, where the hell were you when I was sixteen and made a ton of mistakes? No offense, but being a teenage girl sucked complete ass. Everyone looked at my older sister, Justice, and thought that she was some kind of model. She had the tall genes and the looks genes. I was just the ugly potato that would shadow her around, and-" Sigh. "...If you could see pictures of the girl I was back then and the girl I am now, you'd think I was a completely different person. A word of advice: never get sketchy procedures done by a drugged up hippie that lives in their mom's garage."

Being addicted to Pixie Dust at such a young age really took a toll on Joy's mental and physical state. SHe tried to juggle wanting to look a certain way along with the pressure to be something amazing with her brain. Her vernacular didn't really expose her true genius because it truly displayed when mechanics or numbers were involved, so many judged her book by its cover. At least she didn't come away tattered and used-looking. She watched him pull up a chair close to the desk and she could have died in that moment. Pull yourself together, Joy Christine Kilburn. This was the closest she'd ever been with him. Suddenly all of those small talks around the Ministry, in elevators, and across an office suddenly seemed so miniscule in comparison to the current moment.

"Coffee." Her heart was beeping fast enough as it is, so she changed her mind, "Wait- tea." But she hated tea. "Nope- sorry- water. Water would be nice, thank you." She brought her purse over and took off her robe, draping it over the back of the chair before taking her new seat. "-and five shots of Patron, dressed and chilled," she laughed suddenly, "Oh look at me, trying to be funny! Ha-ha." Great, now he thinks you're weird AND an alcoholic.

"I was born in Las Vegas, Nevada. My Dad's like the in-between business guy between the muggle city and Las Magus, the wizarding equivalent, in California. But you wouldn't know if if you looked at him- he wears leather jackets and flip flops to work. My Mom teaches Flying at Ilvermorny." Talking about her parents brought a great sense of comfort, because regardless of all the messed up things she tended to do, she was glad to have such accepting and patient ones, "Have you ever been to Vegas before?"

CIAR PIERCE

+ London
+ Libra
+ Pansexual
+ Single
CIAR PIERCE
Ministry Worker
Wand 2

Apr 15 2018, 07:50 PM
Ciar didn't think he had ever met anyone like Joy. He listened, perplexed, to her story. So she had an older sister. Ciar knew that younger siblings sometimes felt like they lived "in the shadow" of their older siblings, but this was an interesting situation Joy was insinuating. He wondered vaguely if the 'procedures' she was talking about had to do with her physical appearance or the mysterious beeping.

He wasn't sure how to answer, and didn't want to be inadvertently disrespectful, so he waited for a moment until she was finished speaking. She really was interesting, and he thought maybe, in addition to their being a bit of a cultural difference, they might have had a small generational gap that wasn't easily covered either. She was much more hip than he was.

As she sat down, he smiled and gave her enough time to choose what she wanted to drink. Once again, she seemed very flustered, and he smiled politely while she changed her mind. He waved his wand silently as she ordered water and then quickly changed her mind to tequila. For a moment, he wasn't sure if she was joking, so he hesitated, but a moment later she said he was kidding. He felt badly for thinking she was serious...she must have thought he was so strange, not being able to tell when something was a joke. He blushed a little and ran his hand through his hair nervously. He must seem so silly.

"Your mother is a professor as Ilvermorny?" he repeated, impressed. "Wow, that's very nice! Your dad's job seems interesting as well." The Quick Quote Quill scratched away on parchment beside them. "I've never been to America, actually," he responded with a smile. "Though I would love to go sometime. I hear some great things about the food there."" He giggled and took a sip of his freshly-brewed coffee. "Funny...in this job I travel all over the world, but I haven't been to America...although I've met lots of people from there! Representatives from Ilvermony, as a matter of fact." He did know a bit about the school, from working with some people associated with it, and it seemed like a very nice place.

"So, you were born in Las Vegas. I assume you went to school at Ilvermorny? What house were you in?" He wondered if she would be willing to share some of the things she was involved in with the school. They didn't need too much specific info when working on citizenship, but they encouraged Ministry workers to get details to make sure the individual was telling the truth about everything. Ciar wasn't sure it was a foolproof plan, but he was also fairly sure Joy wasn't going to lie to him about personal info.

JOY KILBURN
+ Las Vegas, NV
+ Sagittarius
+ Bisexual
+ Single
JOY KILBURN
Apple Employee
Wand 89

Apr 16 2018, 01:10 AM
As she took a long sip of water, Joy enjoyed watching run his fingers through his hair. She encountered about five seconds of lusty indulgence in her mind before coming back to Earth. She puckered her lips at the taste of the water, not sure when the last time something so clean and clear was in her system. Her hand automatically started to reach into her purse for her hidden flask, but thought better of it because Ciar would surely smell it, and think less of her than he already did.

"She tells me all the time about how she wanted to be this Quidditch Player but then she had my older sister and realized that was more important, being a mom that is. I tell her all the time that it's not too late, but she just hushes me. I think she wanted me to be a quidditch player too, since Justice just liked watching the games rather than play.... unfortunately for her, my heart prevents me from doing so since-" Since if I fall a thousand or so feet in the air, I might malfunction. Since if I play during a storm, I'll become a literal lightning rod and die. Since all that adrenaline would scare my family. "-since it seems my true calling was being an engineer."

Hearing that he had never been to America before, Joy perked up and about a million dreamy scenarios popped in her head. But she dared not share a single one. If he could see her googly eyes right that minute, it would become abundantly clear about her crush. Maybe he knew already, and for all she knew- he could just be a patient and tolerant person. The trouble with always crushing on older men was that nobody seemed to take her seriously enough. It was only when she rattled off impossible arithmetic that they changed their mind otherwise. It was difficult in general for a woman like her to be involved in the strict sciences. Even more so for a nineteen year old girl like her, a truly unique soul amongst cold, heartless robots.

"I love America, I really do. There's this thing about how people from other countries think we're obnoxious without reason, but I think we have every right to be. I think we're a country full of mistakes that we have yet to learn from," A truly perceptive thought, "...also, if you ever go, you have to visit for a Fourth of July. It's grills, fireworks, Bruce Springsteen, denim, and beer. It's THE BEST." I should take you sometime. "I won't confuse you even more with the weird traditions, but it's definitely something you need to encounter at least once in your life."

As he asked her more about her origins, she let her dreaminess carry her away. Sure, this was an interview, but a girl could pretend it was a date, couldn't she? After all, she was rather thirsty. Joy took great pleasure out of talking about herself, but that didn't mean she didn't want to hear what he had to say either.

"Thunderbird. Badass sounding, isn't it?" Joy smirked as she took another drink, "And I'm assuming you went to Hogwarts. What house were you?"

CIAR PIERCE

+ London
+ Libra
+ Pansexual
+ Single
CIAR PIERCE
Ministry Worker
Wand 2

Apr 19 2018, 08:44 AM
Ciar was quite interested in Quidditch. He'd never seen a Quidditch game in real life, nor had he ever flown on a broom, but he thought the concept was quite amazing. He had grown up with Football which was...considerably less exciting, though quite as violent except it was played with one ball and kicked around on the grass. Boring. Ciar thought it was sort of nice that they were both unable to play the sport. It was something they had in common...but he had misunderstood her. He thought there was something to do with her physical heart that prevented her from playing, but no. She simply meant her 'heart' had led her to be an engineer instead. "Well, I think you make a brilliant engineer," he said with a soft smile. "So maybe it's not all bad that you didn't follow in Mom's footsteps."

The Quick Quotes Quill paused and Ciar felt it tickle the side of his face as it waited in anticipation for more information. According to Joy, like every other American he had spoken to on the subject, America was amazing. "...'A country full of mistakes that we have yet to learn from'...That's quite poetic." He liked her style. She was more creative, he though, than she gave herself credit for. The concept of Fourth of July, Independence Day, did sound interesting, and he'd seen it on telly as a child, or so he thought, because he distinctly thought of fireworks when she mentioned it. "Well, perhaps you could take me sometime," he said with a chuckle. "It sounds quite like Guy Fawkes day...have you experienced that here? Of course, that's in the winter...but same concept, I believe. It's a muggle tradition."

"I was a Ravenclaw, if you could believe it. Everyone always thought I belonged in Hufflepuff or Gryffindor...but I think Ravenclaw suits me perfectly. Our common room was lofty, quiet, and cozy...Ravenclaws are fiercely logical and protective. Lovely house." He was lost in reminiscing for a moment before he asked, "What is the Thunderbird house like?"

He was getting distracted. She certainly was talkative, and easy to talk to as well. He redoubled his efforts to get the correct information from her. "Why are you looking to become a citizen of the United Kingdom?"

JOY KILBURN
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
ADD REPLY

Image Map
RP MONTHS JULY AUG SEPT OCT
ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!