Dragonologist Trainee
*** Half Veela | AGE: 20 | 87 POSTS
Wand 86

12" Ash, Pixie Wing
NET WORTH: 0 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Hufflepuff) alternative text
May 3 2018, 07:22 AM
Annnd once again, hello here XDD
(As there's only one spot for obscure abilites free, I actually wanted to hurry with my second char, haha |D)

I hope it's okay that I put the two things into one thread here!

1) I wanted to register a new character, but haven't found the wood I desire for her... Is there a certain reason why some woods don't appear in the list? o:
I made a short list with woods I found missing compared to this site here from pottermore!
acacia, aspen, black walnut, dogwood, elder, english oak, fir, larch, laurel, pear, poplar, red oak, silver lime, yew
The wood I wanted to have would be aspen (and poplar for family reasons |D) But if it's not possible, then I choose another wood! :3

2) Astral projection can be learned, but can it be some kind of genetic, too? I just wondered, it probably won't be the case with my character XD
What I really want to know would be if she can learn it before reaching the age of 30 or if it's only learnable if you're 30+? She herself would still be around 38 years old!
And are there books about learning it? The plan I would currently have that she learns it by herself (with some vague books as it's still rather unresearched etc), at least the very start, and then maybe searched somebody who taught her the finer mechanisms of it.
Additionally, is it set if the form just looks like the human form, more like a ghost or something more sparkling like a patronus, or is that variable?

As I already wrote a lot of text, I just wanted to thank again for the welcome, Winter, and finally say that I just love the site! The design is really amazing, you both did a great job, and I love the market, wiki, wands <3
Thanks in advance for the answers! o/

Greets,
nite
Most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally evil, but by people being fundamentally people. - Pratchett
+ North Pole
+ Aries
+ Heterosexual
+ Married
WINTER
THE SNOW QUEEN
** Pureblood Witch | AGE: 7500 | 47 POSTS
Wand 5

9½" Chestnut, Pixie Wing
NET WORTH: 92471418 ʛ
Beauxbatons Alumni alternative text
May 3 2018, 01:13 PM
1. We don't have all the woods listed because there are so many of them to code in. We periodically go in and fiddle with the wand coding and did so not too long ago but they aren't a top priority project right now. So maybe in the future but not right now.

2. No, it can only be learned. Being that it's extremely rare and not taught openly, those who try to learn it would have to study it for many many years (30+) before being able to actually do it. Then at (40+) can they say that they have mastered it. The process of having this power is very long and drawn out, it takes a lot out of a person to properly wield it, even if they are a master. I'm sure there are books about it like there are about most things but if they are helpful is the right question so a lot of trial and error with this. (I had Asia suffer like this with learning her Seer ability.) An astral form is invisible unless the person wishes it to be seen. The form cannot harm others, nor can it be touched (similar to a ghost).

Thank you for your kind words Nite! We're always happy to hear people are enjoying themselves! Hopefully, I've answered your questions and you're armed to take that last Obscure ability spot! http://files.jcink.net/uploads/wintersgraphics/Smile.png http://i.imgur.com/Mlin7o4.png
Excited for Winter, who wants to build a snowman?!
+ Paris
+ Gemini
+ Pansexual
+ Single
SEOYEON JO
Dragonologist Trainee
*** Half Veela | AGE: 20 | 87 POSTS
Wand 86

12" Ash, Pixie Wing
NET WORTH: 0 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Hufflepuff) alternative text
May 3 2018, 01:48 PM
1) Ahh, okay! Somehow, I only thought about the list during the application and forgot that they are included in the threads as well... /D Then I firstly go with what's there! o/

2) Okay, good! Ahh, now I understand the age; I was wondering why it was that high, but well, you have to study that in-depth firstly before being able to even do this at all...
Concerning the astral form, not really important, but |D If it's seen, how does it looks like then? ... does it even look like a human at all? xD

Thanks again for the answers, you're doing a great job! \o/
I get her started now, the minor thing from above doesn't stop me o3o! |DD
Most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally evil, but by people being fundamentally people. - Pratchett
+ Neverland
+ Aquarius
+ Asexual
+ Single
BLAZE
THE FIRE KING
** Pureblood Wizard | AGE: 20000 | 57 POSTS
Wand 100

10½" Walnut, Ashwinder Ash
NET WORTH: 89518724 ʛ
Koldovstoretz Alumni alternative text
May 3 2018, 05:35 PM
SEOYEON JO Your astral projection will always look like a transparent ghostly version of you. Unless you miraculously transformed into a dog or a goose http://files.jcink.net/uploads/wintersgraphics/BigSmileSquint.png before using astral projection the form will be human.
Let em' burn! Let em' burn! The heat never bothered me anyway...🦄
+ North Pole
+ Aries
+ Heterosexual
+ Married
WINTER
THE SNOW QUEEN
** Pureblood Witch | AGE: 7500 | 47 POSTS
Wand 5

9½" Chestnut, Pixie Wing
NET WORTH: 92471418 ʛ
Beauxbatons Alumni alternative text
May 9 2018, 12:51 AM

Excited for Winter, who wants to build a snowman?!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS
CLOSED

Image Map
RP MONTHS JULY AUG SEPT OCT
ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!