Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
ADD REPLY

Down In Flames, tag: quinn taylor
+ Edinburgh, Scotland
+ Sagittarius
+ Bisexual
+ Single
ALASDAIR BARCLAY
Seeker for the Scottish National Team
** Halfblood Wizard | AGE: 24 | 54 POSTS
Wand 80

11½" Redwood, Thunderbird Feather
NET WORTH: 195 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Slytherin) alternative text
May 6 2018, 01:14 AM
Alasdair was elated, hair a mess, blue and white jersey completely askew as he and the rest of his team hooted and hollered and probably generally made a nuisance of themselves.

The simple explanation was that any time the Scottish national Quidditch team went anywhere, rowdiness was assured to follow, but in reality, it was even better than that. It wasn’t every day that Scotland absolutely thrashed England, after all. It had been a brutal game between two age old rival teams, and Ali was going to have the bruises to show for it for a week at least, but the grin couldn’t be wiped from his face - nobody had more to be happy about than the Seeker himself, snatching a gravity-defying catch of the Snitch at the eleventh hour.

Yes, he was ecstatic, laughing and leading the cheers himself with a beer in hand. It was pretty brazen to be gloating so openly in a pub in the middle of Diagon Alley in London - they were definitely attracting some dirty looks from the bar - but neither Ali nor any of his teammates apparently seemed to care, and the night dragged on without showing much sign of slowing down.

About four pints in, he made it through to the bar in search of another, escaping from the brawny Scottish Beaters who were intent on ruffling his hair and telling him again what a “pure stunnin’ catch ye pulled, wee Barclay”. Raising his hand to get the bartender’s attention, his own eye was caught and he turned, thoroughly distracted, with a broad and boyish grin already in place.

Ali didn’t think that he had many flaws, but he’d be the first to admit that he had a weakness for a pretty face.

“Hope we’re nae causin’ too much of a ruckus here for ye,” he began, as if he hadn’t been leading the chorus of Scotland the Brave himself mere moments earlier.

QUINN TAYLOR

epic catch vs. australia in the 23rd minute - watch it on wiztube! great form for worlds.
+ London, England
+ Virgo
+ Bisexual
+ Single
** Pureblood Witch | AGE: 20 | 38 POSTS
Wand 78

10" Ash, Sasquatch Hair
NET WORTH: 670 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Ravenclaw) alternative text
May 6 2018, 03:24 AM
It was a typical Friday night, and Quinn was unusually keen on going out for a night on the town in London. With Purium theories regarding the Hogwarts bombing swirling all over the Magical Law Enforcement department, the Auror section has been crazed with controlling the high volume of leads to follow. With that, Quinn has had nothing less of a crazy week and has been itching to do anything other than eat, sleep, and work.

With a couple of fellow Aurors, Quinn headed out to a random pub in Diagon Alley. At first, the pub was manageable enough and Quinn was able to get some decent drinks in with her buddies. That was until, this huge group of similarly dressed, similarly annoying group of men took over the bar. For a while, Quinn was actually able to withstand their obnoxiousness with a couple more drinks. But once they started singing some bar song in their trashed, slurred voices, the Auror was more than ready to run out of that bar.

”Where’s Ana? We need to get out of here,” Quinn yelled into her friend’s ear. Naira, her friend, looked around the pub and finally yelled back in response, ”Yeah, pretty sure that’s her making out with rocker chick in the back.” Quinn turned and, of course, saw their friend Ana sticking yards of tongue down a random woman’s throat. She seriously contemplated going over there and breaking up the little love-fest, but once she couldn’t tell where their hands were, Quinn scoffed exasperatingly and looked back to Naira. ”Ugh, I wish we could just leave her here.”

Quinn and Naira looked at Ana one more time, cringing as their friend shamelessly made out with a stranger in front of the whole world. She sighed exasperatingly, making the decision she wished she made five minutes ago. ”Fuck it, I’m ending this. Let’s get her.”

Just before she got off her stool, one of the obnoxious singers came up to her and spoke to her in an accent she barely would’ve understood if he wasn’t speaking so loudly. Quinn looked at him with a confused expression at first, not answering right away. She finally processed his words and crossed her arms over her chest. ”Well, if you have to ask then you probably are.” Quinn had a look of great displeasure on her face. ”I assume you’re here to celebrate something?”

ALASDAIR BARCLAY
me, an intellectual
+ Edinburgh, Scotland
+ Sagittarius
+ Bisexual
+ Single
ALASDAIR BARCLAY
Wand 80

May 6 2018, 03:41 AM
This…wasn’t the response that he was used to getting, that was for sure. Ali was puzzled for a moment, wondering whether his usual charming demeanour was maybe being affected by the alcohol, but that couldn’t be the case - he hadn’t had nearly enough beer to be getting sloppy or losing his touch.

So she just had to be a tough customer, then. He’d heard of those before, though it wasn’t often that he met them himself. Well, she was probably English, so if she’d heard about the absolute thrashing that Scotland had given her team, then maybe this was to be expected when staring the hero of the day, the star Seeker who’d laid English hopes so low just a few hours earlier.

…Except she didn’t seem to know who he was. That, more than her sharp retort or anything, anything, stung a little. Well, no matter. Maybe she just needed a jog to her memory to smooth things over and make her more friendly. He still had hope that his efforts to flirt wouldn’t be completely wasted, even though honestly she didn’t really seem much like the flirty type herself. Oh well.

“Aww, if ye thought we were bein’ a nuisance, lass, ye could’ve said something an’ we might have tried to pipe down a wee touch,” he tried, still smiling in a way that said he was undeterred by the way that she’d crossed her arms and the frankly terrible look that she was giving him. “We’re celebrating a big deal, actually - a Quidditch victory, Scotland versus England. An incredible catch of the Snitch by the Scottish Seeker, actually.”

He paused for effect, before adding with an impish and vaguely suggestive kind of charm that normally worked wonders, “That’d be yours truly. Alasdair Barclay, but my friends call me Ali, an’ I hope that we can be at least friends.”

QUINN TAYLOR

epic catch vs. australia in the 23rd minute - watch it on wiztube! great form for worlds.
+ London, England
+ Virgo
+ Bisexual
+ Single
Wand 78

10" Ash, Sasquatch Hair
May 6 2018, 04:08 AM
Unfortunately, it seemed like Quinn made the wrong decision in even thinking about entertaining this boy’s advances. She rolled her eyes and looked over at her friend, Naira. Naira seemed just as unenthused and distracted with their initial game plan to get Ana out of the bar. Quinn beckoned her friend to go on and get their inebriated friend. It was no use having both of them have to sit and listen to this guy jacking himself up on his high horse.

And then it was just Quinn and the Scottish guy. He introduced himself as Alasdair Barclay. Already a name she was going to have a tough time remembering. Not that she anticipated she would need to. She squinted her eyes as he flashed a charming smile at her. Was he…running a play on her?

”Aw, congratulations!” Quinn began in a chipper voice and a bright smile. It was very unlike her attitude earlier, but she knew a little bit about how to play this game too. ”You did good, Alasdair Barclay. You know, I would be happy for you and let you offer to buy me a drink, but you forgot one little detail.”

Quinn immediately lost her upbeat tone and perky face. She leaned her face to get closer to Ali, not because she particularly wanted to be closer to him but because she had a point that she was only going to make clear once. ”You are in an English bar and I am from England. Know your audience.” Quinn leaned back and scoffed, muttering the word “friends” to herself under her breath, as though it was ridiculous for him to even propose such a thing.

ALASDAIR BARCLAY
me, an intellectual
+ Edinburgh, Scotland
+ Sagittarius
+ Bisexual
+ Single
ALASDAIR BARCLAY
Wand 80

May 6 2018, 04:22 AM
Well, now that seemed to have done the trick, just the way that he thought it would. Ali relaxed a little, more in his comfort zone (if if was even possible to be more in his comfort zone), and flashed an enthused grin, nodding along as she congratulated him. “Aye, thanks, very happy about it,” he said, trying for graciousness but probably still coming across as fairly arrogant since it was a natural state of being.

It was slightly too late that he realised that something was not quite right, and mentally he kicked himself for not being a little more wary about her undergoing such a seemingly dramatic turnaround - it wasn’t like that sort of thing hadn’t happened before. Usually the mention of Alasdair Barclay was enough to win a few hearts over and so he’d thought that this would be just the same, but…clearly, he was quickly finding out, that was not the case here.

Sure, it seemed great, fantastic actually. Even in terms of dramatic changes in attitude, he was counting himself quite lucky indeed as she leaned in close to him, one of his eyebrows raising slightly in amusement as if to ask “what?” - he certainly didn’t think he’d forgotten any details, since as far as his normal play introducing himself went, it had been pretty standard.

He promptly found himself quite speechless. It was like being stung by a wasp.

“Ouuuuuuuuch,” he said slowly at first, mock-clutching at his heart and buying himself a moment to think quick on his feet, before tilting his head to the side slightly as though he was curious. “Hey, now. I meant it - I just didnae figure…didnae think ye looked the type to be a sore loser, that’s all. Are ye going to hold me being good against me? That’s not very fair.”

Recovering his proverbial footing and smiling again, he added, “Ye didnae have to move away on my account, I liked having ye close.”

QUINN TAYLOR

+ London, England
+ Virgo
+ Bisexual
+ Single
Wand 78

10" Ash, Sasquatch Hair
May 6 2018, 04:38 AM
Quinn wasn’t the type to be so easily impressed through conventional methods. It was a bit more difficult to catch her attention. Catch her attention with knowledge or with random facts about something that could actually be important. Even a book would be better than a cheesy pick-up line in the middle of a bar. Usually when she’s out in a bar drinking, she’s there to drink and be in the company of her friends. Not get picked up by some ‘stud’ who was looking for the next piece of tail to conquer.

She couldn’t help but let out a sarcastic laugh as he pretended to have a mini heart attack in front of her. If only, she thought to herself. This conversation was starting to get more painful than a heart attack. ”No, no. Not sore about my team losing but definitely sore about how you think my panties will drop at the mention of your name and your title.” Quinn shook her head and shifted her weight to the other leg once more. Her arms tightened the way they crossed over each other.

”And I like breathing in air that doesn’t reek of alcohol,” Quinn quipped as a little nod to how drunk she was sure Ali and the rest of the Quidditch team were. ”Sorry, you can’t have both,” she said with a shrug.

ALASDAIR BARCLAY
me, an intellectual
+ Edinburgh, Scotland
+ Sagittarius
+ Bisexual
+ Single
ALASDAIR BARCLAY
Wand 80

May 6 2018, 05:06 AM
Well, he couldn’t help but feel as though he’d somehow unleashed a beast, and it was now becoming difficult to see how he might put it away again. Certainly, if he had a Time Turner, Ali would have used it to rewind to before he’d decided to approach this girl and apparently put his foot in his mouth several times, but it was much too late for that and, frankly, she seemed to be on a roll.

Unfortunately for both of them, probably, since he had come up to her and since she’d responded to him, even in such a ferociously terrible way, he couldn’t quite let it go. His ego wouldn’t bear the brunt of such a beating and simply give up - that would be tantamount to admitting defeat, and that was really not an option.

A gleam entered his eye, enjoying himself despite all logic or sense of what was good for him, and he held his hands up placatingly in stark contrast to the grim posture of her tightly folded arms. “Well now yer just putting words into my mouth and thoughts into my brain, an’ it’s wounding me that you think so poorly of me but don’t even know me,” he tried, sounding sincere enough except for the way that his lips twitched at the corners like he was trying his best not to laugh.

She was right about the rest of his Quidditch team, some of whom were basically falling down drunk at this point, but Ali thought that he was doing alright given the circumstances - he was certainly quick enough still to nod thoughtfully, tapping one finger against his chin as though considering something daring.

“If it’s fresh air yer after, wanna step outside with me for a minute?” Ali placed his hand over his heart again, this time in a joking attempt to once again be charismatic, and added, “No funny business, I promise, just if I’ve had as much to drink as ye think, I should probably get fresh air too, no?”

QUINN TAYLOR
+ London, England
+ Virgo
+ Bisexual
+ Single
Wand 78

10" Ash, Sasquatch Hair
May 6 2018, 12:41 PM
Quinn was familiar with the type that she was dealing with. Popular, loved by many, charming, with an ego that probably inflated because of the aforementioned. It was the type that Quinn always tried to stay away from when she was in school. Once she graduated and started working for the Ministry, she had seen much less of that. And it pained her a little bit to see that there were fully grown adults who still acted like they were a Hogwarts jock. Unless, Alasdair wasn’t a fully grown adult.

”Wounding you? Wow, such a strong word,” Quinn replied with biting sarcasm. She couldn’t help but laugh at how comical it seemed to think that her words were like a knife. ”I know enough,” she retorted, ”And it’s kinda hard to grab my attention when you’re a mix of pompous and drunk.” Quinn smiled smugly at Ali. She hoped that at least those would be things he couldn’t argue.

She was slightly taken aback when Ali offered for them to step outside for some fresh air. Was this a trick? Was he about to steal her away from the safety of witnesses? Naira was still trying to pull their friend away before that make out session turned into something more, so Quinn couldn’t exactly leave the bar. So instead, she decided to play along with Ali, but to also stay on her toes. ”I guess,” Quinn replied flatly, beckoning for him to lead the way.

”If it means this conversation’s gonna end quicker,” she muttered grumpily under her breath.

ALASDAIR BARCLAY
me, an intellectual
+ Edinburgh, Scotland
+ Sagittarius
+ Bisexual
+ Single
ALASDAIR BARCLAY
Wand 80

May 7 2018, 08:35 AM
“Aye, I used a strong word because I feel strongly right now - guess that’s the effect you have on me,” Ali replied smoothly and without missing a beat even though her words were hardly encouraging, and certainly not inviting. He hadn’t been particularly studious at Hogwarts, but he could throw out quick one liners like it was what he did for a living if he sensed the opportunity to flirt…which, for him, was almost always.

“I’d agree that I’m pompous and maybe even a wee bit drunk because I think you make a strong argument,” Ali began, raising both eyebrows conspiratorially, “‘cept for the fact that clearly I have grabbed yer attention somehow.” It was a risky play, considering that he didn’t seem to have caught her attention in a particularly positive way, but Ali had a healthy enough ego to put it on the line for some more bruising. Maybe it would somehow work out…but somehow he was beginning to doubt it. Still, he ploughed on.

“Might I say, I’m perfectly alright with that, since obviously you have my attention too, or I wouldnae be here otherwise. And it’s nae because you’re pompous or drunk, either,” he added, grinning widely again now, unfazed by her displeasure at his presence. He was surprised, though, that she was game to step outside with him. He’d been expecting to get laughed out of the bar very much alone, and even though she qualified her agreement by voicing the hope that it would get rid of him, he still took it as a small triumph. “Maybe it will, maybe you’ll take a shine to me,” Ali replied cheekily, moving to jokingly shoulder through the crowd of his teammates - well, the ones who were still standing.

Waving off their hoots, hollers and rowdy teasing good-naturedly - they meant well, probably, but Ali had severe doubts that his evening would end quite as happily as they were implying - he said, “Oi! Out of the way, or can ye drunks nae see there’s a lady coming through?” and eventually managed to lead the way to the exit, where Diagon Alley seemed much quieter and more peaceful than the revelry of the pub.

“C’mon, you have to admit this is a lot better than bein’ in there with that lot, though I do love them. Pretty good idea on my part, huh?” He leaned against the outer wall of the pub, tilting his head back with his eyes closed and breathing in the fresh air, before opening one eye to peer at her playfully. “By the way, I never caught that name of yours.”

QUINN TAYLOR

+ London, England
+ Virgo
+ Bisexual
+ Single
Wand 78

10" Ash, Sasquatch Hair
May 8 2018, 02:29 PM
Quinn couldn’t hold back her laughter at how silly this whole conversation felt to her. It was like they were thrown all the way back to Hogwarts and she was one of those ditzy girls who dreamed of making the perfect prince out of her Quidditch house team’s seeker. Were these the type of words guys like Ali would feed to them? Bless the ones who were above that, because obviously the world could use people with a few more brain cells.

”Okay, go on,” Quinn replied warily, finally yielding to Ali for a moment. She was curious to see how he would come about this conversation now, given how closed off she presented herself to him. For what it’s worth, Quinn did have to give kudos to a man who was persistent in what he wanted. But she was also sure that his liquid courage was the one doing all the talking, rather than his sincerity. ”Well, I figured it was better to talk to you than to watch my friend snog with some random stranger,” Quinn shot back sarcastically, ”Unless, you’d rather go join them, cut right to the chase, and save me the displeasure of having to live through this conversation.”

She almost hoped that he would take it. In the end, that’s what Ali was after, right? Just another conquered woman to add to his list. He definitely wouldn’t be able to conquer anything in Quinn’s general direction, though she wasn’t afraid to throw her conniving and drunk friend under the bus to save herself. But, Ali still led the way out of the bar, and Quinn followed apprehensively.

Ali’s team of lugs all hollered and sent a few catcalls at Quinn as she followed him out of the pub. One teammate even went so far as to try to give her a high five, but Quinn grabbed his pinky by surprise, stretched it back to bend his hand in an unnatural and painful way, and pulled him down to her level. ”You and your friends need to back off.” Her warning was enough to make the teammate stumble back to his drunken friends. She noticed a few concerned glares shot in her direction as she let go of the guy’s finger, passed Ali’s team, and followed him outside of the bar, but she hardly paid attention to them.

As soon as they stepped out of the pub, Quinn sighed of relief and brushed drops of alcohol and peanut shells off her sleeves. Common street noises such as cars passing by and the pitter patter of passersby provided a much more tolerable background sound than the rowdiness of a bar. ”I guess, though an even better idea would be to just leave me alone,” Quinn calmly quipped. She crossed her arms over her chest and leaned against a metal bar rail that ramped up to the pub entrance.

”My name’s Quinn,” she replied, ”But it’s not worth remembering. You’re never gonna see me again after this, anyway.”

ALASDAIR BARCLAY
me, an intellectual
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS
Pages: (2) 1 2 
ADD REPLY

Image Map
RP MONTHS APRIL MAY JUNE JULY
ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!

Currency Galleons
Minister Kristopher Norwood
Non-Magical Muggle