Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
ADD REPLY

[closed] The Internship, Tag: Lily Potter
+ London
+ Libra
+ Pansexual
+ Single
CIAR PIERCE
Ministry Worker
*** Halfblood Wizard | AGE: 35 | 63 POSTS
Wand 2

10" Apple, Hippogriff Talon
NET WORTH: 1481 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Ravenclaw) alternative text
Mar 1 2018, 04:39 PM
Ciar was pleased to hear they had a new intern in the department. "Splendid," he'd said to his assistant. "I love to hear that they're encouraging young witches and wizards to be interested in their government. I would love to meet her." He'd heard her name -- Lily Potter. So curious...of course she must be related to Harry Potter. Maybe even his daughter. But, of course, he wouldn't ask her about that at all. That would be rude to judge someone based on what one has heard of their family.

He reviewed a few general questions in his head that he might ask her. Things that seemed like they might be good things for a supervisor to ask a young intern. What were her interests in magical law? Why was she interested in working for the Ministry? It might be a boring conversation for her, but he was sure she'd be lovely.

Seeing as he'd just come into the department head position not too long ago, Ciar still wasn't used to lots of the duties of an administrator. He also knew that the department was growing rapidly and he didn't have time to get to know each and every witch and wizard working under him. He hoped that word had gotten around that he was entirely harmless. He didn't want her being nervous to work there.

Ciar set his cane beside him, leaning on the back of his desk, and folded his hands before him. He set a smile on his face. This will be fun! he thought to himself as he got more comfortable in his seat."Send her in please!"

LILY POTTER

+ New Orleans // London
+ Leo
+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
***** Halfblood Witch | AGE: 20 | 214 POSTS
Wand 56
9" Blackthorn, Cherub Feather
NET WORTH: 630 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Gryffindor) alternative text
Mar 3 2018, 11:42 AM
Every day was a new adventure for Lily at the Ministry. And as they passed, she felt more and more like she wanted a transfer... out of the country. She loved her dad, uncle, and aunt dearly, but she definitely felt like there's not enough space for her here.
On that day, she was sent to someone important in her department. Ciar Pierce, who she didn't hear much about before, but one thing - he likes young flesh. She only hoped that he wouldn't like her, but of course, she wasn't sure, but she had an other card: her family connections. Harry Potter's beloved daughter... he wouldn't dare to risk it, she was absolutely sure.
Maybe she was sure he wouldn't try anything, but she was still nervous about this whole thing. She was only an intern, so why would someone who's job description is totally different wanted to meet her?

"Hi, I came to see Mr. Pierce." said Lily to the secretary, and smiled nervously. She heard from the other side of the magical device an older man's voice, that didn't seem unfriendly.
"Mr. Pierce, hello, it's Lily Potter" she said, once she managed to pull her shaking legs together and walked in to see the person she would be working that day. Well, at least for one task, if not more.

CIAR PIERCE

Sweet Lily Nothings is online, subscribe, like, and leave a comment! <3
+ London
+ Libra
+ Pansexual
+ Single
CIAR PIERCE
Ministry Worker
Wand 2

Mar 5 2018, 04:31 PM
She sounded perfectly pleasant, if not a bit nervous. Ciar thought this was entirely acceptable. It must be odd being in a new job and meeting all sorts of new people. "Ah, Ms. Potter!" he said in a cheerful voice. "Please, have a seat." He motioned to the chair he knew sat on the other side of his desk. He didn't have visitors often, and he hadn't had his own office for very long, but he knew that there was a spot for guests.

Ciar beamed at Lily and then waited a beat before continuing. "I'm Ciar Pierce, newly appointed head of this department. It's a pleasure to meet you." He gave a happy little chuckle. He extended his hand over the desk with the intention that she'd take it.

"So, I understand you are working as an intern with us?" he asked in a cheerful tone. "That's wonderful! I always like to see young witches and wizards try their hand in the government game. What have they got you doing? Anything interesting yet? I'm afraid I haven't been paying very close attention to what my department's interns have been doing." He shrugged a little like it was a mistake, but really, what could you do? "I suppose I'll have to just keep a particularly close eye on you!" He laughed at his own joke.

LILY POTTER
+ New Orleans // London
+ Leo
+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
Wand 56
Mar 17 2018, 06:24 PM
She felt even more nervous when he found out that his new boss is... a chuckly type of person. For her, this seemed ridiculous and inappropriate, but what did she know about the 'game' anyway.
She sat down and set her eyes on Mr. Pierce. He seemed like a nice person to her, but she was very suspicious about the rumours she heard, so she thought that the best she could do is to wait and see.
"I have made coffee" she answered the question with a puzzled look on her face, not knowing if that counts as anything interesting. Her opinion was that it's surely not interesting, but she didn't want to seem disrespectful about it, mainly because she didn't know her boss yet. She started to feel more comfortable, but then the next second he said something outrageous. She has almost forgotten how to breathe, eyes wide open and then quickly looked away, not knowing what to say, so she just didn't say anything to that, only looked at the clock nervously the next second, hoping that he'll her go soon. Lily certainly regretted wearing a skirt.

CIAR PIERCE

+ London
+ Libra
+ Pansexual
+ Single
CIAR PIERCE
Ministry Worker
Wand 2

Mar 19 2018, 09:25 PM
Ciar didn't hear her laugh at his joke. In fact, she was being very quiet altogether. All he'd heard from her was that...well...she had made some coffee. That seemed like a very boring job. Perhaps she was angry with him for not giving her something more interesting to do. He frowned a little bit.

"You certainly seem quiet, Ms. Potter, please don't be shy!" He wasn't sure what he could say to make her more comfortable. "It seems as though no one has given you a particularly fun job. Perhaps I can find a project for you to work on...maybe we could even do a project together, eh?" He tried to give a hopeful smile, but he was beginning to feel a bit awkward now and wasn't sure his expression was coming across very friendly.

He found himself frowning again quickly, and he quietly added in what he hoped was a more sensitive voice, "I do hope that if you have a grievance you feel comfortable enough to share it with me." He wasn't sure if there really was something wrong or if it was just his imagination. Or maybe she was just a bit...odd.

LILY POTTER
+ New Orleans // London
+ Leo
+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
Wand 56
Mar 25 2018, 09:33 AM
She was torn apart so far between two sides fighting in her: the one that was thinking about everything she heard how he was a perv, and the other that said she should know better and not let badmouthing ruin someone's picture in her head. She sighed and gave him a nice smile, after deciding she'll listen to the second voice.
"Well... no. Making coffee is not actually something challenging in any way, I've learned how to do that quite early in my life." she answered more openly and hoped this counts as not being shy. The next sentence of his gave her some goosebumps of not exactly the desired ones, but she decided she'll stick with her openness and non-judgment. Only not judging was extremely hard as from time to time every muscle of her body was shouting danger.

"That sounds... interesting" she said honestly, and then, when he talked about the grievance she only shook her head. She left herself relax a little bit in the chair.

CIAR PIERCE

+ London
+ Libra
+ Pansexual
+ Single
CIAR PIERCE
Ministry Worker
Wand 2

Mar 28 2018, 07:55 PM
Ciar giggled at her comment about the coffee, although he wasn't one hundred percent certain that she was joking. As he wasn't really sure what to say, he thought maybe a bit of self deprecating humour would help to ease the conversation. "Well, perhaps coffee is easy for you, but I've had a bit of a difficult time with it." He chuckled at his joke. Certainly, he thought that sometimes as seemingly simple as making coffee would be easier for him once he came of age and was able to use magic around the house, but it was surprisingly difficult to get the coffee to start itself when he couldn't find where it was.

Ciar ran through the list of his current projects in his head and tried to determine if any of them would be more interesting than making coffee for a bunch of jaded ministry officials. "Ah!" he said after a moment's consideration. "Our own Mr. Bagnold of the International Magical Office of Law was supposed to accompany me on a trip next week to Canada to meet with a group of Kwakwaka'wakw Shamen about the exporting of spiritual goods, but he's had to back out. It's mostly a diplomatic mission, but the last I heard they were still looking for someone to accompany me. Would you be interested in taking a short trip?"

It was truly not the most exciting place in the world to go, but at least he would have a companion. "I'm sorry to say I would have to ask you to just do a tad bit of research beforehand," he continued. "Mr. Bagnold would typically look into cultural traditions of the Kwakwaka'wakw people and determine what might be good for us to wear and what to get them as a peaceful gift. It's a rather interesting job, if you like learning about other cultures. Unfortunately, I've no idea really how to dress for the occasion." Once again he chuckled at his own joke. "If I could do that sort of footwork I would." He prided himself on looking dapper every day of the week even though he couldn't see what he was wearing. his wardrobe was fool-proof, full of neutral colours and ties that clipped on (one of the best muggle inventions in history). However, he did feel a bit helpless when it came to adhering to other people's fashion seeing as he couldn't really choose his own clothing.

"Would you be interested in going? You'd have your own room, of course, and we're only expected to be there two nights I think."

LILY POTTER
+ New Orleans // London
+ Leo
+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
Wand 56
Mar 30 2018, 01:58 PM
Lily most certainly doubted that Mr. Pierce could have a problem making coffee. Or anybody, for that matter, but she didn't say anything only nodded and laughed as was expected. She gave herself a mental tap on the shoulder for becoming less and less socially awkward, although she still had her moments.
Then he had an idea that made Lily fidget a little. Traveling so far with her current boss, who by the rumors was more interested taking interns to bed then to give them something to do on a fair basis. And she knew nothing about Kwakwaka'wakw Shamen, never heard of them, but the other hand, this seemed like a really outstanding opportunity, and Mr. Pierce didn't offer her to share a bed... yet. She was thinking for a little while, considering why he would offer this opportunity to her when he didn't even know her personally, but ending up on a note that an opportunity is an opportunity, and she cannot always excuse herself for being a Potter and therefore having special treatment - but she had the plan for this, though..

"Sure, thank you ever so much for the opportunity" she said while she took her phone out of her pocket to type down some notes of what she needed to research.
"Which are the dates exactly? When would you like me to present the results of the research? " asked Lily with a smile, ready to make a note on these too.

CIAR PIERCE

+ London
+ Libra
+ Pansexual
+ Single
CIAR PIERCE
Ministry Worker
Wand 2

Mar 31 2018, 01:58 PM
Ciar was happy to hear he accepted. He gave her a warm smile. "Oh, I'm so pleased!" he said as he clapped his hands together in excitement. "This will be a very interesting opportunity, you see. The Kwakwaka'wakw are a tribe of native people in Canada who have very powerful Shamen and we have been in contact with them, but they know little about the Ministry here or about MACUSA in America, so we are all sending representatives. I would like to go on my own, but even I must admit to needing some assistance, as I'm sure you can imagine. As good as I'd like to think I am, being sightless still has its drawbacks." He offered a small smile to let her know that he wasn't bothered. Being blind usually never impacted him, he'd been without sight so long, but on missions to unfamiliar territory it really was better to be accompanied by a sighted person with a head on their shoulders.

"That's where you come in! No need to formally 'present' your findings...we can just have another meeting before you leave. We'll be leaving the first weekend of May -- that's the fifth, yes -- and I just really need to know any social particulars and, of course, what we can wear that would be appropriate. I can also get in touch with the President of MACUSA, she might have some insight as well..."

Ciar was glad that he had someone like Lily coming with him. he'd heard good things about her in her limited time here and she seemed eager to do well. Perhaps this would be a good time for her to show her skill and impress some of the higher ups. "I am excited to work with you, Ms. Potter!" he said happily. "And, though I'm sure you tire of hearing this, I've worked with your father and uncles and...well many members of your family during my time with the ministry and they've always been a pleasure to work with. You certainly seem like you are headed on the same successful path!"

LILY POTTER
+ New Orleans // London
+ Leo
+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
Wand 56
Apr 16 2018, 01:50 AM
Once she realized she agreed, she suddenly felt like that smile on her boss' face was a tad too warm. Then she quickly took her mind off of it, deciding to be professional about the situation, he wasn't pushing her down on his table after all and forced her to talk dirty, so she shouldn't worry. She was listening carefully to what he was saying, making notes about the information he shared.
"Sure." she said lightheartedly with a smile about the fact that he was blind and needed assistance. She couldn't imagine how hard that can be, and suddenly felt guilty of even paying one thought of attention to the rumors about him. Nonsense.

"Right. Thank you." Lily said, meaning the information he shared that will help her research, and she couldn't help her heart skip a beat when he talked about MACUSA. Suddenly it felt really great that she took this opportunity, just until the next thought about her family members.
She sat there respectfully, thinking how many times does she have to listen to this over and over again. She couldn't really show any sort of excitement or pride, not because she wasn't proud of them, but because this was all too much a long time ago. She knew what she had to do on the long run to change this.
"Thank you." She replied mechanically, as a good girl to the compliment, and hoped she will be dismissed soon from that office.

CIAR PIERCE

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS
Pages: (2) 1 2 
ADD REPLY

Image Map
RP MONTHS JULY AUG SEPT OCT
ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!