x

The Knight Bus is the "everywhere else" section. Use it to go anywhere that's not the US, UK, or France. We recommend putting the location of the thread in your topic description. Once your thread is finished, you can get it archived by posting in the Thread Management.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
ADD REPLY

Pacing, closed, Eliza Kenedy
+ London, England
+ Gemini
+ Heterosexual
+ Complicated
TRISTAN RAVENSCROFT
Healer Trainee
*** Pureblood Wizard | AGE: 19 | 93 POSTS
Wand 61

11" Willow, Phoenix Feather
NET WORTH: 1767 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Hufflepuff) alternative text
Jan 5 2018, 02:57 AM
Tristan paced the Lobby, he was scared, terrified. And he was holding the letter the owl had just brought him.

He'd asked Eliza to come see him, sending his friend an owl, not knowing where she was, but asking her to come to the Lobby of the Lodge. Tris didn't want to lose his sister and if that was what was going to happen, he wasn't sure if he'd be capable of being by himself. Eliza had seen him upset before, and so he trusted her with his life.

And so he paced, and paced.

And paced.

The letter was in his hand, and he crumpled and uncrumpled it. Tears rising to his eyes though he tried hard to stop them from falling. He hated feeling this horrid, hated that though he was a healer that he couldn't help her.

He felt worse still that he seemingly made his sister worse still just by him being him. And he just needed someone like Eliza or Zahrah or Lou or even Lily to tell him that he wasn't killing his little sister Ryanne just by breathing the air around him.

ELIZA KENEDY
She can't be dying...
+ Bordeaux, France
+ Capricorn
+ Heterosexual
+ Engaged
Kit is Online
ELIZA KENEDY
Investigator
***** Pureblood Witch | AGE: 24 | 217 POSTS
Wand 29

10" Beech, Mermaid Hair
NET WORTH: 1521 ʛ
Jan 5 2018, 04:03 AM
Very little had effectively pulled Eliza from the surreal quality that was her life. It was just almost too beautiful to be real. She was definitely marrying her best friend. What a cliche fairytale. But not. Because she’d kept sleeping and waking to it. She was the luckiest.

The letter sent shockwaves through the girl. Her spine carried a bitter chill as she pulled the blankets closer around her to read. And a tear slipped because just as he didn’t know how to help his sister, she didn’t know how to help him. She pulled herself together and found him in the lobby, but not before ordering spiked cocoa and having a small meal set at a fire for them. Just small sandwiches. If he was shaking as he tended too, he needed to eat.

Wordlessly hugging him, she led him over to the spread and sat him down. Food would be slow but it would happen. “Of you wanna face this and still have a vacation, we’re starting it right and well fed.” Maybe she’d get a smile.

TRISTAN RAVENSCROFT
All my life, I've been waiting for moments to come-- when I catch fire, and wash over you like the sun. I will fight to fix up and get things right. I can't change the world, but maybe I'll change your mind.
+ London, England
+ Gemini
+ Heterosexual
+ Complicated
TRISTAN RAVENSCROFT
Healer Trainee
Wand 61

Jan 5 2018, 04:50 AM
Tristan paced, and he paced, and finally he saw her coming towards him. His Eliza, well, his FRIEND Eliza, and he moved towards her, trembling still, and yet also trying to keep himself together. He wasn't okay and he knew that much. And that was a plus, for sure.

He didn't know what to do. Didn't know if he could live without Ryanne. The only thing he knew was that he needed someone he could trust to be with him. And so he'd asked Eliza to come find him and was pacing, waiting for her, hoping she'd gotten his message. Because he needed her.

He needed her bad.

He looked around himself and finally spotted her, she moved towards him and he moved towards her, with his trembling frame standing there not far from Eliza, he walked into her wordless hug and clung to her. He felt himself moving, but he didn't see where they were going, and to him, it didn't matter. Eliza was with him now and he trusted her. He could now fall apart, if he needed. Because he wasn't all alone.

She led him towards the spread she'd gotten going for them, but he couldn't even see them straight. He wanted to, but he couldn't.

And that just made him want to cry even more.

She hugged him without any words, and led him to the other side of the lobby, and she sat him down. He leaned into her and whimpered. "I... I don't... I don't know if I CAN face this..." he finally forced out to her. "Eliza... If... If Ryanne doesn't... doesn't make it... I... I just... I can't..." he finally forced out, biting down on his lower lip fearfully as he clung to her tightly.

ELIZA KENEDY

She can't be dying...
+ Bordeaux, France
+ Capricorn
+ Heterosexual
+ Engaged
Kit is Online
ELIZA KENEDY
Investigator
Wand 29

10" Beech, Mermaid Hair
Jan 6 2018, 02:17 AM
Maybe she should have just let him cry throughout the night, but maybe she couldn't. She'd watched the boy make leaps and bounds, launch himself into a career, and grow in so many other areas. This moment took her back to his first year, and in a way that hurt her. So she kicked back into all of the training she'd had in delegating work, healing, and working with families of those lost. She sat him down, sat across from him, and handed him a drink. "Please take a sip and a couple of slow breaths," she said with a voice both gentle and firm.

She made little shapes of the sandwiches before eating one. There was something so mindful about eating, and she'd learned that taking the time to focus on it served multiple purposes for those in distress.She gave his breathing a minute to slow, just leading by example and nibbling a bit. Amid all the emotions, she couldn't help but smile seeing her ring and then used a long drink to cover the curl of her lips. No matter what happened, she was lucky enough to have some small semblance of a rock. And she knew that she could be one to Tristan, too. They learned from each other.

TRISTAN RAVENSCROFT
All my life, I've been waiting for moments to come-- when I catch fire, and wash over you like the sun. I will fight to fix up and get things right. I can't change the world, but maybe I'll change your mind.
+ London, England
+ Gemini
+ Heterosexual
+ Complicated
TRISTAN RAVENSCROFT
Healer Trainee
Wand 61

Jan 6 2018, 03:11 AM
Eliza hugged him and led him to the other side of the lobby, sitting him down. Tris couldn't help but whimper into her, feeling like he was eleven again and the boys had attacked him. He hated that he felt so little, so stupid, when he'd overcome so much, but if anything was to get him down like this, it would be his sister's illness. She was one of the most important people in his life.

"I... I don't know if I can... l...live in a w...world where my... s...sister... i...isn't..." Tristan forced out through sobs, hating the fact that he was a grown man, in public, sobbing like a small infant. But he couldn't help it.

And he clung to her tightly.

He'd grown so very much, but still, he was acting like a child. And he couldn't help it. Tris hated himself for that fact, but he didn't think there was anything that he could do about it either. It was just far too much going on for him, and he didn't think he could handle any more. He knew that her seeing him like this wasn't going to make her happy and he felt horrible for it, but at the same time he just needed her so much that he couldn't worry about that right then.

She sat him down, sat across from him and handed him a drink. Tris looked up at her, knowing he needed to drink, or he'd become dehydrated from his tears, and he knew also that he needed to breathe, but the letter that was still crumpled up in his hand was making it hard for him to even breathe right. "I... I know I need to breathe, but..." Tristan trembled, fearing everything inside of himself, that he too would die if his little sister did. Eliza's voice was gentle and firm, just like it had been when they were younger, and truthfully that was what he had been expecting.

And he sort of figured that he needed it.

He took the mug of tea in his shaking hands, some of the hot tea falling over the sides onto his hands, which to be honest, he didn't even notice right away.

Tristan knew he needed to focus, he needed to breathe, he needed to drink and eat, but at the same time, there was something about the Trainee Assistant Healer that made his sister's possible fate much more important than himself. It was for Ryanne, for Eliza, that he was trying to breathe at all. And he took in a deep, shaky breath, letting it out in the same way.

Tristan's eyes were watery, his face red and blotchy, and he hated himself for it. "E...El... Wh...What am I going... t...to do if... if she...." Tris forced out, unable to finish the sentence, just looking up at her, his whole body shaking like a leaf.

ELIZA KENEDY
She can't be dying...
+ Bordeaux, France
+ Capricorn
+ Heterosexual
+ Engaged
Kit is Online
ELIZA KENEDY
Investigator
Wand 29

10" Beech, Mermaid Hair
Jan 6 2018, 03:30 AM
The affliction, the risk was something the boy in front of her had faced for so long that it didn't even seem possible to prepare for it more than he already had. Slowly but surely his breathing steadied. She tried not to go into full blown work mode, but something in her told her to delegate. "That's not something we can plan for, nor should we if we want to keep strong for someone we love. I think we can write her a letter later, though, even if someone is reading it to her. And maybe tonight we can make an adventure to tell her in the form of a story." Sometimes smiling was the most that she could encourage anyone to do. And she just didn't see how staying so worked up would help. "Besides, I know it hurts, sweetheart, but she would want you to give yourself at least little breaks from it. She'd want you to take care of yourself because she's being taken care of."

And then she pushed the plate over to him gently, seeing the level of the spiked beverage go down. She hoped the drink was just slightly strong... only enough to warm him and steady the trembling. That, coupled with food, could restore him a bit.

After a minute, she spoke, "Besides, you're in a beautiful place with so much to see. Try to focus on some of what you see now and your mind will focus and settle. Do you have a camera? Because you may find bits and pieces you want to remember." She reached her hand across the table to give his a squeeze.

TRISTAN RAVENSCROFT
+ London, England
+ Gemini
+ Heterosexual
+ Complicated
TRISTAN RAVENSCROFT
Healer Trainee
Wand 61

Jan 6 2018, 04:45 AM
He'd faced this for so long, for so very long, and Tristan, though he was smart, he never thought he was, and he never thought he could handle this.

If it ever happened.

But there it was, happening. And he didn't know how to do this without knowing if his sister would live to see another day.

Slowly, his breathing steadied enough to be normal, and he heard Eliza speak. "I... I don't want it... to... h...happen..." he said, trembling at the simple idea of the chance that he MIGHT lose his sister quite soon. "I... want to keep strong... And... I.. I don't know if... If she'll even be able to hear what... anyone could r...read her..." Tristan forced out, still trembling.

"It... It does... It hurts... so... so bad... I just... El... Eliza... I... I need her... to live..." Tristan whimpered towards her. "I... I don't know if... If I can live if... If she... If she can't.... She's my sister... My baby sister..." Tris whimpered, sobbing and trembling.

Eliza pushed the plate of food to him gently and Tris trembled, unsure if he could even try to eat right now. He sipped the tea down, not knowing there was alcohol inside the heated beverage, though he knew he needed something with alcohol in it. He drank it, not knowing there was alcohol there, and maybe that was best. "It... It isn't what I'm seeing..." Tris said, his whole body trembling now. "And... I.. I don't want to remember my baby sister's death..... If... If that's what... has to happen..." he whimpered. "I.. I can't settle... I... I don't know if Ryanne will... live...." he added, fear eating him up from the inside out as she reached across the table to give his hand a squeeze.

"I... I... I don't think I can do this..." he whimpered, trembling, fearful, as she reached her hand to him. "Eliza... She's my baby sister..."

ELIZA KENEDY
She can't be dying...
+ Bordeaux, France
+ Capricorn
+ Heterosexual
+ Engaged
Kit is Online
ELIZA KENEDY
Investigator
Wand 29

10" Beech, Mermaid Hair
Jan 7 2018, 03:52 AM
Eliza was growing increasingly concerned, now. It was like the younger boy was well beyond what she was saying. She sat and braided her hair, trying to ease the tension threatening to overwhelm her. There was nothing she could really do if he couldn't hear her. Somehow, she directed her mind back to her healing and went up to the counter to ask for some tea with lavender or a small list of other herbs known to soothe. The people working were more than accommodating, and Eliza was able to bring him a small teapot filled with a beverage guaranteed to soothe.

Or with any luck, make him sleepy.

"Have you checked in to your room yet?" she asked, wondering about a potential change of venue, privacy even. She guessed exploration would have to take a backseat. As she waited, she rolled her ring around her finger. If it wouldn't have taken much out of the situation, she would have called Louis. She wondered how he handled pain like this as she knew that he could feel it all himself. She sent loving vibes out then, in case he or the boy in front of her could feel them. Maybe it'd replace her nerves.

TRISTAN RAVENSCROFT
+ London, England
+ Gemini
+ Heterosexual
+ Complicated
TRISTAN RAVENSCROFT
Healer Trainee
Wand 61

Jan 7 2018, 04:10 PM
Tristan, though he still felt her hand in his, was starting to get numb and cold. He knew it wasn't good. This was a stage of grief, he had learned that much, and that knowledge didn't help him to feel any better.

That was for sure.

She moved her hand from him and braided her hair, which he tried so hard to watch her do, if anything to force himself to focus on something that wasn't himself or his little sister, or the situation. He tried to take in slow, deep breaths, but ended up sobbing them out instead, wishing there was something he could do in order to calm himself. He heard her speak to him, but he didn't hear her words.

This was bad. Very bad.

She stood up and went over the the counter, he watched, but he wasn't seeing it either. Not really. His heart thumped inside of his chest and he sobbed into his hands.

He heard her speak and he looked up at her again, trying to focus himself on the last half of her words, nodding, hoping that he was nodding to something that was correct after all. "R...room?" he asked her, as if he was asking her to repeat what she'd said, as if he was telling her that he would do his best to pay better attention now.

ELIZA KENEDY
She can't be dying...
+ Bordeaux, France
+ Capricorn
+ Heterosexual
+ Engaged
Kit is Online
ELIZA KENEDY
Investigator
Wand 29

10" Beech, Mermaid Hair
Jan 10 2018, 03:18 AM
Eliza white knuckled her tea and let out a sigh to steady her breathing and ensure some calm would wash over her. Then she swirled a sugar cube around the bottom and watched as it slowly dissolved. Taking a sip she tried to focus on each flavor. It was perfect; she'd have to tell her father about it later. He appreciated unexpected pairings of flavor.

The thought of her father let her mind escape the impending panic. It was worse than she thought. Her healing training had taught her what this was and even so, she wasn't ready for it. She wondered how well and how much she knew about the boy's supportive people, just that she and her fiancé were on the list. She was glad to be able to have some reciprocity and backup there.

"We're at a lodge. Let's get you checked into a room so you can sleep. You seem to need some peace, and sleep's the only place to heal." She looked around as if gesturing. "Besides, this is a vacation for many, worth at least exploring the hotel room." She got up and waved him on, moving towards the front desk.

TRISTAN RAVENSCROFT
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS
Pages: (2) 1 2 
ADD REPLY

Image Map
RP MONTHS APRIL MAY JUNE JULY
ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!