DECEMBER JAN FEB MAR

RULES

PLOT

THE APP

WANTED

HOUSING

CLAIMS

ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!

x

The Knight Bus is the "everywhere else" section. Use it to go anywhere that's not the US, UK, or France. We recommend putting the location of the thread in your topic description. Once your thread is finished, you can get it archived by posting in the Thread Management.

Add Reply

Fake It And I Follow You Right In, X: Thea
Wand 56
11½" Cedar, Bat Wing
Vampire | AGE: 552 | 35 POSTS

No Alumni
New York, NY

Leo

Pansexual

Complicated

295 ʛ

Dec 12 2017, 11:36 PM

Sebastian was sitting in a lounge of the resort, tucked a bit away from the more festive of the tourists, allowing his mind to wander to research and fine spirits. Two fiery ounces of whiskey sat in a short glass surrounding the iced stones like a moat, complimenting well the subject of his research. He could never help but wonder at the way the history books portrayed the royal chapters of his life. Though for the most part his tastes had a leaning towards fantasy and fiction, sometimes even romance, he couldn't sate the bit of ego that swelled at accurate tellings of his past.

A sip of the spirit betrayed quickly to Sebastian the age of it. The bartender had a knowledge that surpassed that of many he'd run into. They were more likely to be of use for entertainment and hedonism than information. The exception was quite lovely. He took note of the title of the book and the name of the employee in the small notebook he tucked into his aged leather wallet and sat back to allow his eyes the chance to peruse the crowd.

They caught sight of a lovely head of hair with eyes that struck him in a way that was both familiar and dark. A little more power behind them than he would have liked, he couldn't restrain the draw she had, an appeal that dragged him through most all of his curiosities. Purium. She was known from similar libraries and lounges, mansions and lodges. And she had seemed to have a mind quite independent of the lore and brainwashed messes that many a member sank too far into. Part of the mindset that sent him running. He gave a coy smile and a polite wave as he motioned to the bartender to double the order, one for each of them. "Pleasure seeing you again, find yourself some time to indulge?" he greeted.

THEA AVERY
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
THEA AVERY
Entrepreneur

Wand 13

8¾" Walnut, Kneazle Claw
Pureblood Witch | AGE: 26 | 63 POSTS

Hogwarts Alumni (Ravenclaw)
london

Gemini

Heterosexual

Single

5 ʛ

Dec 16 2017, 11:10 AM

A ski resort wasn’t exactly Thea’s idea of the perfect holiday. She would’ve much preferred a location of friendlier climate, preferably beachside, and one that didn’t continuously challenge her ability to cast a long-lasting warming charm. Then again, this wasn’t exactly a holiday – with her career dependent on social encounters just as much as on business meetings, staying at the lodge was nearly all work and very little play, and Thea doubted she was the only one treating the getaway as an opportunity. With every other important name staying the weekend, it was the kind of place wizards and witches went to be seen.

And, yes, to ski – rather unfortunately.

After an afternoon spent outside, in carefully masked despair, Thea felt entitled to a drink or several, drawn to the promise of a blazing fireplace and alcohol as soon as she passed by the lounge. She recognized some faces, acknowledging them with a friendly tilt of her head, a murmured greeting; none important enough to deviate from her path straight to the bar, and then a different face caught her eye and confirmed this as the best decision of the day yet.

Her smile was even genuine, slow and curious, and she thought she didn’t mind if it betrayed her interest as she took her seat. ”As much as possible,” she replied, raising her offered glass and knocking it against his lightly before taking a sip. It warmed her enough to take off her fur cloak, draping it over the back of her chair. ”It’s good to see you, Mr. Bordeaux. And such a different setting, too – Palermo feels worlds apart, doesn’t it?” It was a deliberate reference to her father’s study in the family mansion, where Thea remembered him from; not exactly a challenge, but an acknowledgment that they both knew of each other’s dealings, or could at least guess at them. She was certainly curious about his.

It did put her on edge, to be so close to a vampire. She wondered if they could really hear one’s heart beating. Would hers betray her nerves now, then? If so, that was going to be the only hint he was going to get, because when Thea turned to him she met his eyes with the confidence of equals. "How are you liking it so far? I have to say I hope you’re taking to the cold better than I am,” she admitted, almost conspiratorial.

SEBASTIAN BORDEAUX

non tutte le ciambelle riescono col buco
Wand 56
11½" Cedar, Bat Wing

No Alumni
New York, NY

Leo

Pansexual

Complicated

295 ʛ

Dec 16 2017, 02:54 PM

His suspicions were confirmed immediately by her reference to their last encounter; she definitely had her own agenda and he would be condemned to perpetual curiosity if he were to choose not to engage in this already appealing conversation. After another measured sip of his drink, shots were a waste sometimes, he nodded. “I find this atmosphere to be sheltered from the greater culture, perfect for creating one’s own.” And it was good to see her. A fleeting, fading memory of the efforts taken to play the games he and his brother so carefully constructed to weed out members who may be of a similar cause was colored by some beauty. And this girl clearly had her head in the game even as her feet seemed close to the ledge.

She was of a bit of a renowned family, it seemed, something which he could relate to. Families such as this tried to shroud themselves in smoke and mirrors, parlor tricks to divert eyes or call attention as either became necessary. Maybe this would be some common ground for the pair to share as he ordered a carafe of coffee to keep the warmth flowing; he could tell from both her words and demeanor that she was far from her comfort zone. He couldn’t help but think that this could be a fun and productive place to be.

He thought to the trip and the limitations so little shade but on him. He was certainly grateful for a sprawling lodge with a sufficient supply of activities and books to feed the longing the man constantly had for novelty. But the slopes and the hot tubs stayed very alive at night, and he was exposed to a seemingly never-ending supply of that which sustained him. “I find the cold bracing, a bit of something to keep me alert.” He smiled before adding, “I’ve found some talent lurking about. Quite striking beauty, as well.” He polished off the last of his whiskey. “Here for business or pleasure?” He now responded to her first comment. He knew from her posture that fun was possibly something that took more effort than business.

THEA AVERY
THEA AVERY
Entrepreneur

Wand 13

8¾" Walnut, Kneazle Claw

london

Gemini

Heterosexual

Single

5 ʛ

Dec 21 2017, 03:25 PM

Thea didn’t know Sebastian Bordeaux very well. She knew of him – her father had mentioned him before, in passing, and she’d seen him around their estate a few times, and so assumed he had business with Thaddeus. That meant he was Purium, or at the very least a supporter. She’d been curious about him then, wondering about the intentions of a vampire breezing through pureblood society, and she was curious about him now. The easy, perfectly meaningless answer Bordeaux had given her only served to prove Thea’s intuition about him right: there was a puzzle to solve here, if she paid attention.

And now she was definitely paying attention.

Thea surveyed the room again before letting her gaze come back to him, unhurried, relaxed. ”Mm. It is rather more quiet than the social gatherings I’m used to,” she agreed, finger tapping idly against the side of her glass. They could talk circles around each other the entire evening, if he liked; he would soon find out that she could give as good as she got. ”Oh? What sort? If it was enough to catch the attention of someone as old as you, it must be incredible.” It sounded like small talk, easy and thoughtless, but nothing Thea did was without purpose. She wanted to know what interested Bordeaux in a place like this – what interested him in general, what he was after, because in these gatherings, everyone was after something.

She poured each of them a steaming serving of coffee, nodding her thanks to the bartender. The whiskey had done its job, but she preferred to keep her head clear. ”A bit of both, I think. I never seem to just stick to this or that. Is that wrong?” She shrugged, and with anyone else Thea would’ve tacked on a sheepish smile for good measure, but here she thought it would never pass under what she guessed was a very practiced eye. This wasn’t someone to underestimate. "Right now, however, after today… I think I’ve had enough of business. Connoisseurs of art are an exhausting lot, and mind you, I say that as one myself.”

SEBASTIAN BORDEAUX

Wand 56
11½" Cedar, Bat Wing

No Alumni
New York, NY

Leo

Pansexual

Complicated

295 ʛ

Dec 25 2017, 01:20 AM

There was something appealing about the silence if one could maintain an open mind. Sebastian himself struggled against boredom so often that he’d learned to become more observant than sometimes even the average vampire. Sometimes. People also were often of mind to hurl thinly veiled insults his way almost constantly about his lack of attention and foresight. And sometimes they weren’t off base. But this event in particular didn’t seem to possess much undercurrent. Sure there were substances pocketed because people weren’t under the usual surveillance, but that was nothing new. “Quiet can make people behave in interesting manners, I’ve found. Some cannot seem to tolerate it.” Usually in saying that he was speaking of himself.

And perhaps it was true that he had many years of seeing entertainers and human nature, and maybe this made him jaded, but this silence seemed to show him a lot of spontaneity. At least there was probable fun in that. “This location seems to appeal to people of all…. Backgrounds,” he started. “There are some entertainers staying here with quite the inclination towards intrigue, and wine.” What else could one who seemed to live for the senses want? Chaos. The facades took a lot of energy, and so sometimes they wore to the core. Those were the moments he most craved the more primitive pleasures.

He took a sip of coffee and nodded in thanks to her. “Perfect.” He sipped again as he considered her question. “With caution, I think it could be perfect. Though some of the more delicate things could be threatened there.” He wasn’t even sure what he meant. She just seemed to be the type to have a few things held dear to her. His own numbers were dwindling there as of late. Hardly a flower’s worth of delicate matters in his life, little to tarnish. In a sense, it made things less beautiful, just more secure. An oddity or fluctuation he noticed every century or so, sometimes seeming to be a result of his mind hardening. “Then join me in something less thoughtful?”

THEA AVERY
THEA AVERY
Entrepreneur

Wand 13

8¾" Walnut, Kneazle Claw

london

Gemini

Heterosexual

Single

5 ʛ

Jan 13 2018, 10:44 AM

It was quite a challenge, attempting to gather meaning from the words of someone evidently so experienced at giving nothing away. Thea did not despair, however. She was piecing together her impression of Bordeaux starting with what she thought was probably true of all vampires – that he had a taste for luxury, that he was bored, that he only played civil for as long as it suited his needs. The rest, Thea hoped, would come later; the trick was to pretend to reveal bits of information about herself so that he would think he was getting more than he was giving.

She angled herself toward him as she leaned an elbow against the bar, chin held in one hand to seem less poised, more familiar, in a deceptive sort of manner that she liked. When she brightened, however, it was genuine. ”Now that I think about it, you do strike me as a wine lover. I like to think I have an eye for spotting it. And of course, with your namesake – it would practically be a crime not to be, no?”

Thea had to lean back to wrap both hands around her mug of coffee, relying on the heat to melt away any lingering memories of the cold day outside. Her focus remained on Bordeaux, though, and that was a game unto itself. She wondered if he would rise to it – wondered if she would rise to it, the thought of it interestingly… unnerving, was not exactly the right word for it. Thea didn’t usually see the appeal of danger, but this, now, she thought perhaps her curiosity might get the best of her. The corner of her lips curled upwards. ”It’s a thin line,” she agreed. ”I’d hate to throw anything out of balance.”

And, as if a reply to his earlier question, Thea answered, ”With pleasure.” She took another blistering sip of coffee before she decided she might as well be more upfront about it, since she wasn’t exactly hiding her interest, anyway. ”I have to admit, I can’t quite pin down your accent.” The question there was heavily implied.

SEBASTIAN BORDEAUX

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Add Reply