Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
ADD REPLY

[closed] Off The Record, tag: sebastian bordeaux
+ Scottish Highlands
+ Gemini
+ Pansexual
+ Single
KAZIMIR ALEKSANDROV
Clan Leader / Businessman
*** Vampire | AGE: 481 (28) | 82 POSTS
Wand 11

10¾" Pine, Cherub Feather
NET WORTH: 185 ʛ
No Alumni alternative text
Jan 17 2018, 03:18 AM
It was no secret about town that Nox wasn’t the best place to be after certain hours if you didn’t necessarily want to die, but Kazimir had little to fear from the average, run-of-the-mill denizens of the night that liked to spend their time and money in the club - he was, without a doubt, one of the scariest things there. After all, close to five hundred years of survival as a vampire didn’t count for nothing, especially when various Ministries and monarchs had only stopped actively ordaining them being staked through the heart within the last fifty or so years. So many decades of experience meant that Kazimir was smart, savvy, and also that yes, inevitably, he was also quite bored.

The Scottish Highlands were certainly picturesque, and he had no regrets about choosing them as his base of operations - the added bonus of being able to say that he literally lived in a castle certainly didn’t hurt, either. Still, the quietness and stillness of it all, and the fact that the closest “city” was in fact Inverness (lovely little place, but not a patch on a big city) didn’t exactly invite the unrepentant debauchery that Kazimir was well known for around social circles all over the world. For a real party, it had to be New York City, and so that was where he’d chosen to be, Bloody Mary (but actually bloody) in hand and a faint smile on his face as he sat in a VIP booth and surveyed his surroundings, dark head nodding to the beat of the music.

An interesting group of people had assembled around him over the course of the evening - a couple of MACUSA workers, a promising young singing starlet of a witch, and so on - and Kazimir was revelling in the attention, telling an interesting and possibly entirely made-up story about some of his shenanigans during the French Revolution and basking in the appropriately awestruck curiosity from his new “friends.” There were few things that he enjoyed more than talking about himself whilst being able to make new acquaintances, but he was distracted mid-sentence (a shame, because the sentence was about a rusty guillotine) by the sight of a vaguely familiar blondish head of hair attached to a definitely familiar man. Well. Man was a loosely used term among their kind.

“Mr. Bordeaux! What a surprise to see you - please, do come and have a drink,” Kazimir offered expansively, waving a hand to indicate that his present company should disperse and make way for the other vampire.

SEBASTIAN BORDEAUX

Whoever made up the myth that vampires like to bathe in virgins' blood has clearly never tried to bleach a bathtub.
+ New York, NY
+ Leo
+ Pansexual
+ Complicated
*** Vampire | AGE: 552 | 74 POSTS
Wand 56
11½" Cedar, Bat Wing
NET WORTH: 505 ʛ
Jan 23 2018, 02:08 AM
Sebastian had found himself frequenting the less tourist ridden establishments of New York City that month. He was beginning to find that the stories of triumphs and travels tourists held his interest only so long. In fact, this was becoming true of too many things. Sebastian was thankful to have a few people challenging his mind, game filled and intellectual in their pursuits, to distract him. It reduced the impression his brother’s opinions and apparent ease of entertainment left on his sanity. Sometimes he wished he had the drive of his sibling, a pursuit tempting enough to derail his aimless nature. He felt that such a challenge was always just hardly out of reach. The proximity of such a thrill was taunting him much the way a mouse just within inches of a cat could manipulate his predator.

So for now, his ears were trained to the talk of locals either brave or ignorant enough to spend their time at Nox. A few starlets curled fingers through blond hair, feigning shock at the story of someone begging for attention that night. Or was it real shock? A slight chill passed at the mention of a guillotine. Faint memories emerged like traces of tobacco smoke in a crowd, finding their way to the part of his brain that submitted to the happenings of the past. This was not the distraction he craved. The revolution was a dark time in the vampire’s life, not lacking in drive like the present. It’d led to a vigilance and attention to detail that he’d been unprepared for. The shift in the zeitgeist had come faster than he expected, and reminded him even in his boredom to be more aware of the implications of his longings.

The sound of his own name shook him from the fog he’d slipped into, and he wore the biggest smile so as not to betray his being caught off guard. KAZIMIR ALEKSANDROV. “And a pleasant surprise at that.” He watched as the company dispersed, leaving them the illusion of privacy. “To what do I owe the pleasure of your company in the city that never falls to slumber?” His smirk did not fade, his voice holding the invitation to indulge in whatever level of small talk they could dive into.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
+ Scottish Highlands
+ Gemini
+ Pansexual
+ Single
KAZIMIR ALEKSANDROV
Wand 11

Mar 4 2018, 07:41 AM
What an interesting pair they made, greeting each other like old friends - truly, unimaginably old friends - in the low and flashing lights of the club around them. A pair of old souls, certainly, relics from other eras who made the people scattered around them look like children at play by comparison. Sebastian seemed slightly surprised, although of course it was always hard to tell - vampires who had survived as long as they had weren’t easily read, and were even harder to pin down for a conversation if they didn’t feel like it. Fortunately, it seemed as though Sebastian was in a social mood, which was good - Kazimir had been starting to feel bored, and that hardly ever ended well for anyone.

Now, though, someone worth playing with. The thought of having caught the other off guard, even if only a little, caused for the corners of Kazimir’s mouth to curve upwards with pleasure, and he gestured towards the recently vacated seats closest to him to indicate that Sebastian should join. “Flatterer. Not as pleasant a surprise as it is for me. It’s been…maybe years, no? I don’t think that’s an exaggeration. Years, at least.” His voice was mellow as he spoke and surveyed Sebastian for any obvious signs of change (predictably there were none, which could always be depended on when it came to vampires), accent difficult to place, caught somewhere between something that sounded ancient and Slavic and the wild, rolling burr of the Highland munros.

He downed his drink in a gulp in response to the other vampire’s question, raising a hand promptly and gesturing for another two, before turning to flash the trademark smile that showcased most of his teeth at Sebastian. “Presumptuous of me, but I hope you don’t mind a Bloody Mary. They’re very good. As for your question, I’ve been a little bit bored lately flitting around Europe. New York is always a promise of good fun and frivolity, and I’m a creature of habit. I almost never change. You know how much I hate being bored. What have you been up to?” For…individuals like them, it could be a fairly loaded question.

SEBASTIAN BORDEAUX

[[I’m so sorry this took me so long to reply to! Life got crazy for a while! <3]]

Whoever made up the myth that vampires like to bathe in virgins' blood has clearly never tried to bleach a bathtub.
+ New York, NY
+ Leo
+ Pansexual
+ Complicated
Wand 56
11½" Cedar, Bat Wing
Mar 11 2018, 03:42 AM
A regrettably constant challenge, Sebastian found, was the lack of a rush. Blood obtained not through storage units seemed to be one of the only things that did it for him anymore, though he had to say that he had also been in a spell of playing things safe. One that had lasted, "Decades, perhaps." And he suddenly felt just like a relic. The last real escapade he'd had... well, it didn't end according to plan. He needed a break in this dreadful dance of playing things safe and running a business. Maybe there just needed to be a new network in progress.

Maybe a new alcohol would set a certain standard for the evening. "Sure, I'd quite like to be privy to some variety. A bit of a show to go with dinner?" He was hoping that there was more implication in the man's offer than mere surface.

Sebastian listened eagerly. "Which means that there is little unrest over and across the ocean?" he probed. Despite eons of running from the place, England had a delicate, preoccupying spot in the blonde's psyche. "It seems there is utterly not enough going on in global theatre. I'm inclined to believe something is in the works, somewhere, at least on a smaller scale." Maybe they just weren't looking in the right places.

It would perhaps be striking to talk business with Kazimir, though they rarely had delved into this aspect of their lives before. Perhaps tonight was not the time to begin. "Just making a living. I'm finding art to be quite enthralling these days, Kazimir. Have you ever made art?"

@[Kazimir Alexandrov]
+ Scottish Highlands
+ Gemini
+ Pansexual
+ Single
KAZIMIR ALEKSANDROV
Wand 11

Apr 5 2018, 04:34 AM
“Decades!” It was an honest exclamation on Kazimir’s part, and those were quite rare indeed these days. The fact that an old friend, even one as elusive and mysterious as Sebastian could be, could slip him by for a matter of decades really drove home the fact that he had probably been doing this for a little bit too long now. The alternative, of course - lying in a town square, vacant-eyed staring at the cloudy grey skies with a stake through his heart - was far worse, and although Kaz could be dramatic he’d never go so far as to declare that he was bored to death, but he was really just suddenly feeling his age quite strongly and unexpectedly.

He recovered quickly enough, shaking his head comically at Sebastian and adding with a smile, “We’ll have to make sure that we don’t let something like that happen again. I’m very sorry that I haven’t been in touch, of course. But while we’ve run into one another now, we might as well make the most of it.” From memory, both he and Sebastian were definitely the sorts of creatures who very much enjoyed making the most of it, and as their drinks came, Kaz picked both up and offered one to the blonde. “This place is quite novel in the way that it caters to people like us - the bartender, Daniel, bled himself quite eagerly for our drinks, which I think is a nice personal touch, don’t you?”

Flashing a mischievous grin, he continued conspiratorially, “I’m sure they’d be accommodating to any other requests that we might have over the course of the evening, but the night is young.”

The way that Sebastian seemed interested in the lack of happenings in Britain did not escape Kazimir’s notice, but he couldn’t really blame the other vampire - with so many years and so much geography covered between them, not much managed to seem particularly new any more. “Nothing at all is going on there, not a single interesting thing,” he sighed plaintively, taking a sip of his cocktail and savouring the slight, metallic tang. “I certainly hope someone is out there stirring things up somewhere, because from experience, of course you and I know that this sort of quiet is unusual and never really lasts long. It’s just so dull.”

Business was always something that they discussed lightly, skirting around a bit - that was how people stayed friends, by avoiding getting too deep into their dealings. Still, he’d known Sebastian for a long time. He was certain that both were quite aware that the other had, at the very least, done some interesting things in the past. Raising an eyebrow, he regarded the other vampire for a moment, thinking, and then queried, “Art? That does sound interesting - at the very least, beautiful. What kind of art?” Kaz followed through with a laugh, adding, “Unless you count having a fondness for singing when drunk, I’m afraid I’m not very artistic myself. I certainly appreciate it, though.”

SEBASTIAN BORDEAUX

+ New York, NY
+ Leo
+ Pansexual
+ Complicated
Wand 56
11½" Cedar, Bat Wing
Apr 22 2018, 03:47 PM
Brief moments of authenticity were shared, then erased almost as quickly as they came. But Sebastian had to wonder if constant correspondence of those of his own species would be a service or a lack of one to his progression through life. Was it perhaps the element of surprise and suspense that drew him to lean in a little closer and hear what had been missed in years past? Or would the proverbial rewards only raise with more time in good company? He might have known if he was ever willing to let someone play such a role in his life. "I agree," Sebastian muttered as he offered a toast.

"To Daniel!" what a man. He marveled at the evident appeal held by bloodletting in public. "That is quite personal. He may be one of the last of a dying breed." If they were to be still awhile he supposed this was a very suitable place to do so. "Indeed it is. Do you frequent here?"

It's dull, sure, but Bash had also seen vessels carried out to the wrong ports by riptide and silence. There was just the need for a connection t that. He needed someone to explain the ebbs and flows. "Unusual, yes, and usually a sign of things to come. Though regrettably that is not always the case." It was a bit unsettling and he made note of it. He wished at once that his brother would be a little bit less evasive.

"It depends on both the exhibit and the intended audience," he began. "For the time being it's mostly modern impressionists and some metal work. It's been a quite interesting process of selection, I might add. But the gallery seems to run itself when the right cord is struck." The process was still being perfected but the formula's core was reliable. A mood or theme with enough flame and diversity to catch eyes, especially tipsy ones. "Art can be crude at times I suppose." He gave a chuckle too. He'd love to see that.

KAZIMIR ALEKSANDROV
+ Scottish Highlands
+ Gemini
+ Pansexual
+ Single
KAZIMIR ALEKSANDROV
Wand 11

May 11 2018, 09:07 AM
“To Daniel!” Kaz agreed expansively, touching his glass to Sebastian’s with a delicate but satisfying clink. “You’re right, people like him are few and far between nowadays, but I do remember a couple of centuries ago that they were everywhere. Don’t you? People were positively fascinated with the occult back then, lining up to be fed on.” He sighed out of nostalgia for the good old days - but really, things weren’t so bad now. In fact, by the looks of it, both he and Sebastian had done extremely well for themselves.

“Well, I would say that in a manner of speaking I frequent everywhere - but that’s more to do with the fact that with an endless supply of time, you wind up in all places more often than most people do.” Kaz shrugged casually, stirring his drink, and then gave a short laugh at Sebastian’s next comment. “Here’s hoping that it is a real sign of things to come in this case. Nothing too dramatic, though. Last time I was bored and hopeful for something new the witch burnings started, and I think we can all agree that that was the wrong sort of interesting.” It was true that Kaz found his surroundings dull most of the time, but he wasn’t foolish - he was, first and foremost, a survivor.

Perhaps some interest could be had in the form of the art that Sebastian had seemingly gotten so into. Kaz had an appreciation for the arts, of course - it was hard not to, having lived through so many significant artistic periods - but certainly not to the extent that the other vampire seemed to be involved with it, and so he was all ears. “It sounds marvellous, especially if it takes care of itself. I like to stay up to date with things but it does get hard when the business is particularly busy, so perhaps I’ll have to stop by one of your projects and see for myself. I’m sure you will do a fantastic job of getting me completely up to speed again, no?”

That was certainly one way of putting it - again, Kaz laughed, eyes full of mirth. “You’re right - crude might even be a kind word for my drunken singing. Are you saying that you never…what’s the term they prefer to use, cut loose, though, Sebastian? I find that rather difficult to believe.”

SEBASTIAN BORDEAUX
+ New York, NY
+ Leo
+ Pansexual
+ Complicated
Wand 56
11½" Cedar, Bat Wing
May 27 2018, 04:40 PM
The atmosphere and culture of the world had certainly gone in pendulums, but there was something to be said for community as well. The focus had just shifted rather recently away from the dark and into the light, the protective. "There have been quite juvenile rumors and even more immature reactions of late, I find. Probably due to technology." There were still the Daniels of the world, though, for which Bash was thankful. "Everywhere we can find diamonds in the rough."

Bash nodded with a frown. He had to exemplify somber in moments like this. He sobered though, when he remembered his coven. They'd been to him a rare spark of warmth that overshadowed almost any he'd ever felt. He finished his drink and waved for another. The warmth in his throat mirrored that of the memory. "Have you ever had a tribe, Kazimir? That is what they refer to them as, here." The term was one that he found interesting.

Getting someone up to speed required the right exhibits. There was a local artist whose style could reflect multiple periods in a single piece, which would be a great premise for a catch up. "If I have some warning I'm inclined to make a few calls. Though I think that it'd be best if it was mutually beneficial. Is some sort of partnership in the cards?" He winked, truthfully just wanting to be better acquainted with this man, his… friend's? work. "When I cut loose I need much more, forgiveness."

KAZIMIR ALEKSANDROV
+ Scottish Highlands
+ Gemini
+ Pansexual
+ Single
KAZIMIR ALEKSANDROV
Wand 11

Jun 10 2018, 10:35 AM
Sebastian’s comment about rumours and reactions was sort of an understatement, in Kazimir’s opinion, but he understood the other vampire’s subtlety. “It’s hard to find people who are quite as enamoured with our kind when so many negative things are being posted on the wizarding web,” he agreed with a sigh, before regarding Sebastian more closely and adding, “and not necessarily just about vampires. Have you noticed? I try to keep up with the times so I’ve gotten accustomed to most of the technological revolution, but many people are using this newfound reach to express all sorts of rage. Anger just exhausts me these days, personally.” Of course, there had been a time when anger had been a staple of Kazimir’s, but he found he was fairly muted now.

The mention of a “tribe”, as Sebastian called it, piqued Kaz’s interest. “Why, yes, as a matter of fact. My clan - an especially appropriate name, given where I chose to locate it - is based out of the Scottish Highlands.” He paused and nodded as though reaffirming what he’d just said - in centuries of life, the family that he’d put together for himself out of all sorts of different individuals was one of the things he was proudest of, and he was glad to lead them not just because of the feeling of power that afforded him, but because it was probably the closest thing to love that he’d ever experienced. These sentiments weren’t to be shared with Sebastian, however, although Kaz’s smile as he mused about his clan was uncharacteristically fond. “And you? Have you got a…tribe…here? That’s an intriguing term.”

It seemed like Sebastian was making a business proposition of sorts, which Kaz wasn’t opposed to - he was an entrepreneurial sort by nature, which he seemed to have in common with Sebastian, and Kaz really always had enjoyed appreciating art. “You know, I do make some of the best Firewhiskey around, if I do say so myself, and I’ve made a point to get to know just about every journalist writing right now, so we could drum up some magnificent publicity if we were so inclined to collaborate on some sort of exhibit.” Of course, there was the rather more illicit, very much more secret side of Kaz’s business, too, but that was hardly appropriate to bring up in polite company, or around anyone who didn't have the most implicit trust.

“I haven’t cut loose myself, in quite a while,” Kaz mused, almost wistfully. “It loses its charm after a few decades, but then you find yourself missing it again, like a cycle.”

SEBASTIAN BORDEAUX
+ New York, NY
+ Leo
+ Pansexual
+ Complicated
Wand 56
11½" Cedar, Bat Wing
Jun 22 2018, 08:00 PM
It was ridiculous that there was still such a stigma to vampires, especially one that led anyone to believe that they were creatures of predictability. "I mean, they act as though we're predictable, which across the span of centuries we very well might be," he began with an exaggerated, even cavalier tone. "It is a high energy state of being. Sometimes very motivating but other times I find it distracts." A sip to drink. It had a pleasant burn tempered by a soft blood tang, somehow both sweet and sour.

The look on Kaz's face was different. It was a curiosity flooded with knowledge. He wanted to commiserate, to hear more about this 'clan'… but these were waters he couldn't tread without a firm understanding of terms. He didn't know Kaz's, and therby could not afford to trust him with vulnerable things. "I have people I am loyal to that are loyal to me, though some began with compulsion." He sounded bleak, here, frowning into his drink. "Though this term is one I've heard much on the web. I think my tribe in those regards are all in graves." He grabbed a half finished bottle from the table next to him and downed it. "The finest I'll ever know."

The mood had to change now. He'd let Kazimir know with certainty that he'd already experienced his breaking.

Funny how their passions collided. "I need to taste your newest line myself. Though maybe tonight should be more about tastes of chaos in order to make way for business? It's never too prudent to test waters and satisfy whims before talking out deals." All they seemed to be doing was testing. Sebastian was far from naiveté when it came to these things. Wasn't he?

KAZIMIR ALEKSANDROV
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS
Pages: (2) 1 2 
ADD REPLY

Image Map
RP MONTHS JULY AUG SEPT OCT
ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!

Currency Dragot
MACUSA President Drumarus Parslick
Non-Magical No-Maj