FEBRUARY 2028

ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Will I Let It Slip? [closed], closed, Ainsley Foster
MOLLY WEASLEY
Muggle Studies Professor

Wand 78

11" Cypress, Phoenix Feather
Pureblood Witch | AGE: 24 | 14 POSTS

Hogwarts Alumni (Gryffindor)
Ottery St. Catchpole

Gemini

Heterosexual

Complicated

410 ʛ

Jan 22 2018, 12:52 AM

Molly sighed as she walked into the Tea Shop to meet up with Ainsley again. It had been a while since she'd seen her friend, and she had specifically worn loose fitting clothes, despite not really having much of a bump on her midsection.

Truth was, she hadn't told anyone yet of her condition other than Michael, who had left her because of it, and her cousin, Mari, the night before. And until she'd spoke to at the least Ainsley and Emily-Ann about it, nobody else was going to know either. Molly resisted the urge to set her hand on her stomach, not wanting anyone to even so much as guess about her condition.

She wondered if she would let it slip to Ainsley in this meeting, she supposed it depended on her friend's mood and how it looked she might take it, and truly, Molls just sort of wanted to up and tell her, but part of her was a little bit worried of her reaction, both to the baby news and about what Michael had done when she'd told him...

Molly shook her head though and as the bell jangled over her head, she glanced around her, looking for her friend.

AINSLEY FOSTER
I'm a Weasley and I'm PROUD of that!
AINSLEY FOSTER
Shop Owner

Wand 60
8½" Rosewood, Fairy Wing
Pureblood Witch | AGE: 28 | 15 POSTS

London

Capricorn

Bisexual

Single

184 ʛ

Jan 22 2018, 01:03 AM

The message from Molly had taken Ainsley by surprise. They had been close-ish while at Hogwarts - Ainsley had taken the younger girl under her wing, as it were, showed her the ropes, protected her from bullies. However, as they progressed through school, they saw each other less and less, and finally lost touch all together when Ainsley had gone off to University. They would write occassionally, or text now and then, but nothing with any sort of regularity. So, when Molly had contacted her, saying she wanted to meet and catch up, Ainsley figured why not.

Adjusting her bag over her shoulder, Ainsley pushed open the door to the tea shop, smiling at the warmth as she stepped in from outside. Glancing around, she spotted Molly at a nearby table, and waved when the younger girl turned around. Taking off her jacket, Ainsley gave Molly a friendly hug before sitting down opposite her. Well well, little red, you've grown since I saw you last! How've you been? Seeing Molly made Ainsley realize how much time had passed since they'd seen each other last. Molly was a young woman now, no longer the timid firstie at Hogwarts.
MOLLY WEASLEY
Muggle Studies Professor

Wand 78

Ottery St. Catchpole

Gemini

Heterosexual

Complicated

410 ʛ

Jan 22 2018, 01:36 AM

Molly had looked up to Ainsley from the first time they met. Ainsley had found her among a number of other first years and a few other students, they were surrounding her, making fun of her and the fact that she'd almost fallen into the lake on the way to the castle. But Ainsley had protected her, and since that moment, Molly saw her like the big sister she never had.

Sure, they had fell away just a little bit, but they were still close, at least, she saw them as close, despite not seeing each other every day anymore.

Molly had looked all around her when she got inside, and she hadn't seen her dark haired friend, and so she picked an empty table and sat down, to wait, glancing quickly to her stomach, she still did her best though to not set her hand on it, despite wanting to so badly, just to assure herself that the baby was still there.

Suddenly the door chimed again to show that it had been opened. She turned to look and she smiled, it was Ainsley! Molly stood up and waved back, hugging her before sitting down again, hoping that her slight bump wasn't showing just yet. She hoped that it was not all that easily seen, but she had no idea, just yet. Molly watched as Ainsley sat down opposite her, and she smiled. "Well, uhm... You're right, I've grown... uhm... A bit more than you can even know yet..." she answered, "But uhm, we have time for all that, how are you?" she asked.

AINSLEY FOSTER
AINSLEY FOSTER
Shop Owner

Wand 60
8½" Rosewood, Fairy Wing

London

Capricorn

Bisexual

Single

184 ʛ

Jan 23 2018, 01:16 AM

Ainsley cocked a brow at all of the "ums" populating Molly's answer, but let it slide. Besides, it wasn't any of her business, and prying wasn't in her nature. If there wasn't something Molly wanted to say, she'd say it in her own time. In response to Molly's inquiry, Ainsley gave a dismissive shrug. I'm still kicking, so that's something. I'm really just trying to get my bearings in London. You know, find a place to live, get a job. Ideally, opening my own shop, but I feel like that's on a distant horizon for now. Not much to tell, really. As she spoke, Ainsley scanned the menu, trying to decide if she was hungry. She settled on a pumpkin pastie and some hot tea with lots of milk and sugar.

After giving her order to the friendly witch who came to the table, Ainsley set the menu aside and tilted her head, smiling at Molly across the table. So, tell me, what have you been up to recently? I'm sorry I haven't been better at keeping in touch. I've just had my own shi...stuff to deal with. It seemed wrong to swear in such a sweet little shop. Ainsley glanced around as she waited for Molly to reply. She remembered coming here once, with her parents and Nay. Their tea was mostly milk, so they wouldn't burn themselves, and they'd had way too many sugary treats. She felt a little out of place now. Frills and soft pink lighting were no longer her asthetic. Her tastes had aged along with her. As long as the tea was strong, though, that was all that mattered.

MOLLY WEASLEY
MOLLY WEASLEY
Muggle Studies Professor

Wand 78

Ottery St. Catchpole

Gemini

Heterosexual

Complicated

410 ʛ

Jan 25 2018, 12:01 AM

Molly knew she sounded ridiculous with all the uhms that were not generally a part of her speech. Ainsley cocked her head to the side as if to look at her confused with all the uhms as well. Truth was, Molly knew why she was so flustered, but she wasn't sure if her friend was going to take the news well, and she really needed this to be okay in the end...

Ainsley shrugged and said that she was trying to get her bearings in London, and Molly nodded her head. "Well, uhm, if you need a place to stay, you're welcome to stay in Duck Cottage with me just outside of Ottery St. Catchpole..." Molly started, pulling her hand away from where it was shifting slowly towards her stomach again. "What kind of shop are you wanting to open?" Molly asked, her stomach suddenly lurching at something that walked by them in the tea shop that was much too strong for her liking, and she closed her lips tight, only breathing slowly in and out through her nose. Ainsley gave her order to the woman who walked by to take orders and Molly pointed to a ginger tea on the menu, without speaking.

All colour fell from her face in that same moment, thought she tried hard to hold it all together. She had to tell her friend, and she knew it.

"Ainsley..." Molly said softly, her hands trembling. "I... I'm..." she tried to force out, feeling her stomach lurch again. Molly took a second to calm down, trying to breathe slowly in and out for a moment before she turned back again. "I... I need to tell you something and I need you to not be mad when I do... Okay?"

AINSLEY FOSTER
AINSLEY FOSTER
Shop Owner

Wand 60
8½" Rosewood, Fairy Wing

London

Capricorn

Bisexual

Single

184 ʛ

Jan 25 2018, 12:51 AM

Ainsley smiled at Molly's offer of lodgings, but shook her head at the same time. Oh, no, that's ok, I've got a room in London for the minute. Crazy muggle landlady, and the woman next door has a million cats and smells like cabbage all the time, but it's in my budget. She shrugged nonchalantly. I'm hoping to open a wizard clothing store....eventually. I've gotta make connections first, find a supplier, a storefront, employees, the money to pay for said shop. You know, all the important stuff. Ainsley giggled, but her expression changed rapidly as Molly's demeanor shifted. With each lurch, Ainsley scooted a little bit further from the table, watching Molly grow paler across the table. If you're going to be sick, please don't do it here. I can't handle that, and I really want to enjoy my pumpkin pastie and tea....

As Molly's nausea passed, the younger girl seemed to become nervous, which made Ainsley nervous. Whenever Molly had come to her like this at school, it meant someone needed an ass-kicking. I can't promise I won't be mad, but I will do my best to be the smallest amount of mad as possible. Just tell me who needs beat. You know I've got your back. Ainsley had always been Molly's bodyguard at school. She wouldn't admit to her friends her age that she was friends with a firstie, but bullies stood no chance against her when it came to Molly. She was like a little sister in a way.

MOLLY WEASLEY
MOLLY WEASLEY
Muggle Studies Professor

Wand 78

Ottery St. Catchpole

Gemini

Heterosexual

Complicated

410 ʛ

Jan 25 2018, 04:55 PM

"Even if... If you have a room... My Cottage... It's open for you..." Molly said, trembling just slightly, feeling sick worse than she had a short while before. It mattered that Ainsley had a place to stay, of course, but what mattered more to Molly was that Mol had told Ainsley that she had a place at her home, if she ever needed.

"A million cats?" Molly repeated with a short smile, she remembered her Uncle Harry talking about having to go to his babysitter's house with the tons of cats and despite not feeling so well, it was actually quite a funny thought to her. "Well, if you ever wish time away or to live in a quieter place, my cottage is open for you." she added, less loud than normal to try to match how she was feeling, despite not truly being sure if she wanted to tell her friend her news just yet or not.

Ainsley shrugged and mentioned that she'd like to open up a wizarding clothing store eventually, saying that she needed to make connections first as well as a number of other things. Molly nodded, knowing that it wasn't easy to open up a shop, and she thought back to what her Uncle George had told her about how he and her late Uncle Fred had started Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, and again, despite not truly feeling 100 percent, she smiled.

Her stomach lurched again when someone walked by their table that was much too strong for her now sensitive system, and once more she closed her lips tightly, breathing slowly in and out through her nose. Ainsley shifted a bit further away from the table, telling Molly that if she was going to be sick to please not do it there. Molly nodded her head and took in a slow, deep breath. "It's... It's not that... Well... not really..." Molly closed her eyes a moment and stopped speaking in order to take another, even deeper breath in, letting it out slowly as the strong scent passed them by and she felt just a bit better again.

The only thing was, now she knew that she would have no choice but to tell her friend what was going on or she'd surely wonder why Molly suddenly felt sick and then was okay and then felt sick again and then she seemed relatively okay, comparatively.

Ainsley said she couldn't promise to not be mad, but that she would do her best to be the smallest amount of mad as possible, and asked who needed beating up on, that she had her back and Molly's eyes teared up just a little bit for a moment before she opened them up again. Molly looked into Ainsley's eyes for a moment and sighed softly, setting her hand on her stomach on purpose, mostly to shift her loose fitting shirt so that her friend could see the slight baby bump underneath. "I... I'm pregnant..."

Molly looked at Ainsley, trying to read her reaction, waiting patiently and worriedly to see what happened next.

AINSLEY FOSTER
AINSLEY FOSTER
Shop Owner

Wand 60
8½" Rosewood, Fairy Wing

London

Capricorn

Bisexual

Single

184 ʛ

Jan 26 2018, 01:47 AM

In the time it took Molly to decide whether or not she was going to be sick, their orders arrived. Ainsley kept her distance and waited, hoping that her precious pastie was going to still be edible once Molly was finished. As the danger passed, Ainsley scooted back up to the table and took a sip of her tea, watching Molly closely. The poor girl now looked as if she were about to cry. What on earth was going on? Finally the truth came out. Ainsley's eyes widened and she almost spit out her tea. Pregnant?! Her expression was unreadable for a moment, and then she smiled a genuine smile. Molly, that's....that's unbelieveable! That's great, right? Ainsley's smile slowly faded, however, when she saw tears in Molly's eyes. Frowning, she slid around the table closer to Molly.

I mean, it is great, right? I think you'll be a wonderful mother. Not to mention you'll have another ginger baby to join that crazy cult you call a family. Ainsley smiled faintly, trying to cheer Molly up just a bit. It didn't seem to work, however. Putting her arm around Molly, Ainsley dipped her head to look into the younger girl's eyes. So, tell me why this isn't so great. You know I will hex anyone who makes you cry to kingdom come. Ainsley had cost Gryffindor many house points in her years at Hogwarts for starting fights, among other things. She was told repeatedly that it was fortunate she was such a good student. Her grades made up for her often rash behavior.

MOLLY WEASLEY
MOLLY WEASLEY
Muggle Studies Professor

Wand 78

Ottery St. Catchpole

Gemini

Heterosexual

Complicated

410 ʛ

Jan 26 2018, 11:57 PM

Ainsley kept her distance as Molly struggled within herself about if she should tell her friend about her situation or not. Molly's breaths evened out and it only took a few minutes more for her to calm enough to speak, to tell her friend why she had kept feeling sick on and off.

Molly didn't know how Ainsley would react, but she could only hope that it was in a positive way!

Ainsley scooted back up to the table and took a sip of her tea, watching Molly, who felt inside and out that she wanted to cry, both for everything that had happened, and for feeling sick and scared and upset all at once.

Finally Molly let it out.

And Ainsley nearly spit out her tea.

Molly didn't know what that meant, but her heart thumped inside of her chest both in fear and worry. She didn't know what was going to happen and a part of her just wanted to fade into the darkness all around her. But Ainsley didn't seem mad, in fact, she seemed excited, asking if that was great, going on to tell Molly that she'll be a wonderful mother. And though Molly wanted to believe that, she wasn't sure she could, deep down.

Ainsley slid around the table closer to Molly, her smile fading too, and Molly tried hard to hold back her tears. "I... I don't know... Ainsley..." she tried to calm down, but was having a hard time doing that. Ainsley put her arm around Molly and looked into her eyes, asking why this wasn't so great, and Molly whimpered quietly, hugging her friend close to her. "M... Michael... he... he..."

Molly buried her face into Ainsley's shirt right there in the Tea Shop. She didn't even care who saw it anymore. There was so much going on, and she was extremely overwhelmed.

"He.. He left me, left us... when... when I told him..." Molly whimpered into her friend, grasping tightly to her, feeling like she was drowning, like she was holding onto her older friend for dear life.

And she was.

AINSLEY FOSTER
AINSLEY FOSTER
Shop Owner

Wand 60
8½" Rosewood, Fairy Wing

London

Capricorn

Bisexual

Single

184 ʛ

Jan 27 2018, 12:19 AM

As Molly sobbed, Ainsley held her close, patting her a bit awkwardly on the shoulder. Feelings made Ainsley uncomfortable but, well, here she was. Through the sobs, she was able to make out the name Michael, and something about how he'd left when he'd heard about the baby. Frowning, Ainsley did her best to comfort Molly. Ok, ok, take a deep breath. All this crying can't be good for the baby. Now, this Michael, he's the father I'm guessing? Ainsley offered Molly a napkin and sipped her tea while the younger girl tried to calm down. If Ainsley were honest, if it were her in this predicament, she'd be upset too - just in more of a punchy, hex-y sort of way.

When Molly seemed a bit more collected, Ainsley continued. Now, start from the beginning. Well, no, near the beginning. I don't need details of the babymaking. So, your baby daddy's run off. I'll admit, I'm not sure I would be able to handle that kind of news either. At least not right away. Pausing to take a bite of her pastie, Ainsley wiped her mouth before speaking once more. I mean, as much of a shock as it was for you, imagine how it was for him. Especially if this soon to be bundle of joy was not something you two had been trying for or expecting. I say give him time to come around. How long has it been since you've heard from him?
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply