DANIELA MONTEIRO
UNSPEAKABLE
** Halfblood Witch | AGE: 24 | 51 POSTS
Wand 86

10" Walnut, Banshee Hair
NET WORTH: 70 ʛ
Ilvermorny Alumni (Pukwudgie) alternative text
Mar 31 2018, 07:05 AM
The Arcanum was like the fairy paths of old, Daniela mused as she strode in, juggling rolls of parchment and some sugary monstrosity from the Spellbucks down the road – she wasn’t sure what it was, only that it had a lot of caffeine and a lot of chocolate, per her request to the concerned barista. It was hard not to stray off the main road, waylaid by this book or that display, and lose your soul forever – or at least for a very long afternoon. But for once, Dani wasn’t here to get sucked into research and emerge hours later, vaguely confused and wondering if it was already Tuesday; not even the restricted section could pull her off course now.

”You bastard,” she said, not without affection and possibly louder than was appropriate at a library, depositing herself in the seat across from Gabriel at one of the corner tables. The parchment and the chocolate… thing… were shoved unceremoniously to the side – she didn’t mind a curious glance at her writings, as it made itself unintelligible to any eyes but her own – so Dani could lean closer, lowering her voice. ”Gabriel Renshaw, in the flesh. I almost can’t believe it. Welcome back! Now tell me everything.”

GABRIEL RENSHAW

"what's the stupidest thing you've ever done"... lmao bold of you to assume i've reached peak dumbass
+ London, UK
+ Virgo
+ Asexual
+ Single
GABRIEL RENSHAW
Researcher
** Halfblood Wizard | AGE: 30 | 43 POSTS
Wand 59
9½" Hawthorn, Veela Hair
NET WORTH: 430 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Ravenclaw) alternative text
Apr 15 2018, 11:17 PM
There was something beautiful, comfortable, and familiar about the stacks of old books around him. Some contained things that interested him quite little, but even the smell of the parchment was enough to draw the man into their company. Maybe this was what he was supposed to do, or at least where he was supposed to be. The brooms seemed lifetimes ago and he wondered what job he'd need to find soon. The clock felt as though it'd not stop ticking anywhere but here.

He was thrilled, too, that Dani was on her way. So when his old friend came into his line of vision he beamed. Finally, there was somebody that he didn't have to figure out how to act around. The majority of these little reunions had been hellish, him feeling the need to somehow live up to something. Without the store being there he was a bit untethered. Maybe she could set something right again.

"In the flesh." He beamed. "And I don't even know where to start." He gave her a playful kick and eyed her coffee as though it was majestic.

DANIELA MONTEIRO
"going back to get away... after everything has changed..."
+ San Francisco, USA
+ Sagittarius
+ Pansexual
+ Single
DANIELA MONTEIRO
UNSPEAKABLE
Wand 86

10" Walnut, Banshee Hair
Apr 28 2018, 05:28 PM
”Start by apologizing for not giving a girl a head’s up, dude. You actually got me worried there,” Dani replied, deadpan, but her face held the serious expression only very briefly before she grinned again. ”Just kidding, you know it’s cool. I’m sure you had enough hysterics from your family.” She meant it; of course she’d wondered where Gabriel had disappeared off to same as everyone else, but she trusted him to take care of himself and come back if and when it suited him. As someone who was just as likely to drop off the radar one day to chase a lead in her research and make no apologies for it, either, Dani fully supported his methods.

Noticing the reverent way Gabriel was eyeing her coffee abomination, she produced a pair of plastic spoons she’d picked up at the shop and handed one over. Hers dislodged a small mountain of whipped cream and chocolate sauce, barely putting a dent in its overall height and volume. ”Oh god I love it. I’m getting a toothache and it is worth it,” Dani sighed around the spoon in her mouth. ”Seriously though.” She took it out and pointed it at him threateningly. ”Spit it out. Did you find anything good? Was it incredible? I bet it was incredible. Man, I really miss being out in the field sometimes. Sitting in an office all day is doing weird things to my head.”

That implied that Dani’s head had ever been normal, which was… debatable at best.

GABRIEL RENSHAW

"what's the stupidest thing you've ever done"... lmao bold of you to assume i've reached peak dumbass
+ London, UK
+ Virgo
+ Asexual
+ Single
GABRIEL RENSHAW
Researcher
Wand 59
9½" Hawthorn, Veela Hair
May 8 2018, 03:52 PM
It was, on some subconscious level, soothing to see the grin after her statement. He'd been so wrapped up in his own head, in the team and in the technique, that he'd forgotten the comfort that someone could bring in merely understanding. It was validating, which the socially very awkward boy was not accustomed to. "I mean, you don't have to pretend me disappearing was okay. But yes, I got quite a spectacle made of the incident." He shrugged, adding, "But I guess I probably deserved that. I guess I could have said goodbye or done something with the shop." Maybe he was needy today but there was a bit of a hangup in that department. A little bit of lost-ness.

Regardless of all of the above though, he smiled, refreshed. The whipped cream made it broaden and he took a spoonful. "This is just like old times." He took a bit and left her hanging just a moment longer. "It was fucking amazing, Dani. We were out in the middle of nowhere. The ledgers and journals and records were in various levels of translation and decay. Even organizing them took a flair for the expert. I did some translation with someone from Ecuador and another from Korea. Who else gets to do that?" He took a breath for another bite. "Where do you work, now? It's um, still a bit of a half baked project out there." There was a lot implied.

DANIELA MONTEIRO
+ San Francisco, USA
+ Sagittarius
+ Pansexual
+ Single
DANIELA MONTEIRO
UNSPEAKABLE
Wand 86

10" Walnut, Banshee Hair
May 25 2018, 11:01 AM
”The only thing not okay was how jealous I got when I heard,” Dani assured him, waving away the apology in Gabriel’s tone of voice. She wasn’t going to guilt him for finally pursuing something he’d always been talking about, or at least for as long as she knew him, with the kind of longing that could only be reserved for a distant, half-rejected dream. It was how they’d met at all, Dani delighted as ever to befriend someone with whom she could discuss obscure magical history, Gabriel equal parts recipient and delightfully argumentative as they’d bounced theories around. ”Ah, they’ll forgive you, won’t they?” It was playful, no real meaning behind it, because Dani frankly couldn’t imagine what it would feel like, having someone to announce her plans to who would fret and worry about her wellbeing if she disappeared without explanation. The ties currently holding her down were tenuous at best, if not virtually nonexistent.

Gabriel was keeping her hanging on purpose. He was lucky Dani was momentarily preoccupied with thanking whatever deity was listening for the existence of chocolate sauce, truly an invaluable invention.

Fuck, that really is cool,” was her rather intelligent reply to the description of Gabriel’s work. Another spoonful of whipped cream was poised halfway to her mouth, forgotten. ”The amount of information that’s always been right there, undiscovered – the spells they must’ve documented that aren’t recorded anywhere else – “ Dani sighed, almost dreamily, and shook her head. ”You’re one lucky bastard, Gabriel.”

Remembering the spoon in her hand, she resumed the attack on the drink. It was starting to look more like a drink, anyway, under their combined efforts. ”I’m still with the ministry. Shocking, I know, but let’s just say – “ Here Dani gave a mysterious wink, enjoying it all thoroughly, ”It has its perks, or I would be on this shit in a heartbeat. But if you ever need my input, or if you just feel like sharing jealously guarded data, I’m here.”

Eyeing him, she added, "You look like you could use a break, though."

GABRIEL RENSHAW

+ London, UK
+ Virgo
+ Asexual
+ Single
GABRIEL RENSHAW
Researcher
Wand 59
9½" Hawthorn, Veela Hair
Jun 17 2018, 04:25 AM
His sister was more or less taking care of his things now, covering him and supporting him. After so long of not having that it was a tough adjustment and one his parents may actually honor a bit. Daniela knew a little of his family dynamics and a lot about what it was like to be a seer. "It's really weird, Dani. When I got there, the fact that I was a seer really mattered. I feel like a lot of the time it's just kind of something I did. And my broom mods came in handy for the climate. I was in my element." She had made it clear that she enjoyed it when he gushed a bit so he had to not ever waste the chance. He wasn't sure what she'd heard about the area but the climate could be pretty cyclical... not in a year though but in a week. "And I mean, I hope so." He shrugged and took another taste.

He debated, then went for it. "Well you've read my blogs. I think the Ministry is hanging something over staff's heads. The team leader out there implied that there was Ministry presence in more and more remote areas. You'd think we'd be wrapping up the age of globalization and looking for the next phase, but we're still spreading." He let that hand in the air with his curiosity about both the leader's background and the perks. There were so many other things taking his mind up but these felt the most pressing.

He hated how she could see through him. "Well yeah, I mean I probably could. I just need to figure out what I want. I thought the shop was stable enough but I can't take that away from my sister. I'm thinking somehow maybe we could share it but, I'm not sure I even want to go that way." He was instead fascinated by the idea of those scrolls and metal tabs out in Russia, hiding. The store felt almost superficial now when Z had a full operation running.

And then there'd been the changes to his sights.... "Have you had strange dreams lately?"

@[Daniela Montiero]
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS
ADD REPLY

Image Map
RP MONTHS JULY AUG SEPT OCT
ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!

Currency Galleons
Minister Kristopher Norwood
Non-Magical Muggle