Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
ADD REPLY
NEW POLL

* Build Palaces Out Of Paragraphs, tempest's plotter (5 chars)
+
+ Scorpio
+ Heterosexual
+ Complicated
** Pureblood Witch | AGE: 23 | 35 POSTS
Wand 48
9" Hazel, Banshee Hair
NET WORTH: 235 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Slytherin) alternative text
Sep 8 2017, 11:09 AM
sirena and CASSIUS BANCROFT
I really think Sirena could use a couple friends who don't treat her any different because of what she is, while still appreciating her art! I imagine that's a hard thing to find for someone who has been in the music limelight for a decade. She's also thoroughly enjoying having this conversation with a complete stranger - I can see that going on for a bit longer. A random "hey stranger. So today I took your advice and did something stupid..." Though, she's really quite refined and even-keeled so her idea of 'stupid' and other people's ideas of stupid are totally different. But yes! I would love for them to be friends.

luka and cassius
Ah, yes. What was his Hogwarts house? I don't know if you've read any of Luka, but he plays a mental game with himself in terms of looking at his new coworkers and assigning them into a box - burn out, burn up, make it, transfer. He may have done that with Cassius, and depending on how they interact, may have been mildly disappointed when Cassius moved to the sub department. He can be a little intense - okay, a lot intense - when he's working on something, and he's not here for recklessness, but he has a heart of gold ultimately. If Cassius can handle Luka's droll little jabs, I think they'd cohort just fine. http://files.jcink.net/uploads/wintersgraphics/BigSmileSquint.png He and Glo can work on making Luka a little less uh...straightlaced.

octavia and alasdair
Oooooo. Octavia is...an interesting mix of a mushy heart (that's completely blocked off at this point of time, making her a little frigid), the creature her parents tried to create, which is a societal queen, and a shark. She takes ferocious pride in her job and taking down people mercilessly in court, but in a social event her words are far more veiled. She kind of has that ability to compliment you while insulting you at the same time. Alasdair may remind her of some of the friends she picked up while in Hogwarts though, so it's possible she might be amused by him moreso than anything else. Depending on her mood. http://files.jcink.net/uploads/wintersgraphics/BigSmileSquint.png At these kind of events she would be the image of perfection in her ensemble, the way she holds herself, and the niceties that she is forced to exhibit, but she says these things can be so tedious.

As far as her career goes, it seems she's on the opposite side of his mother; she's a defense attorney, not a prosecutor. If that helps at all.
do not go gentle into that good night/rage, rage against the dying of the light.
+ Edinburgh, Scotland
+ Sagittarius
+ Bisexual
+ Single
ALASDAIR BARCLAY
Seeker for the Scottish National Team
*** Halfblood Wizard | AGE: 24 | 86 POSTS
Wand 80

11½" Redwood, Thunderbird Feather
NET WORTH: 275 ʛ
Sep 22 2017, 03:59 PM
i'm baaaack! a bit later than i was intending to be, oops, but still.

SIRENA & CASSIUS: HAHA i'm really enjoying this, honestly, and see a lot of instances in the future of cass also informing her of stupid things that he does - although in his case, they would honestly be VERY stupid, because he's utterly lacking in refinement or that little voice that says no in his mind. he does think she's absolutely faaaabulous so far, and honestly i feel like the whole "two strangers talking" thing is way more thrilling to him than potentially trying to figure out who she is would be, so it can definitely go that way for a while longer, and then once they finally do the big ~reveal then they can just be very chilled out and awesome pals, which will be great for him as well.

LUKA & CASSIUS: haha i really enjoy luka!!! cass was at ilvermorny but he's been bouncing around all over the place for work - they could've met when he was a young auror, which would've been amusing because cassius was if anything even more wild back then, and then once the whole ministry merger happened i guess that's when they started off as co-workers? either way, i bet that between when they first got acquainted and now, cass took a shine to luka (even if such a sentiment wasn't returned) and he probably still seeks him out pretty often in the wider department to bug him and get him to try to relax and see the fun side of things. droll jabs would be welcome, and cass would probably be delighted by them even haha, he's very laid back and tends to take things in stride despite his impulsiveness otherwise so he'd write it off as luka just being luka. but definitely, i foresee attempts to get him to be a little less.....much...because in cass' opinion, what's the point of such a glamorous career if you don't get to live it up!?

OCTAVIA & ALASDAIR: so i completely spaced out when i first posted about these two and forgot to check, but it turns out that they're same year, same hogwarts house - these kiddos would've known each other since they were literal kids, which could add an interesting dimension to their dynamic! when he first got to hogwarts ali was what you might call quite the country boy, and he had a very simple if slightly disappointing upbringing before he got all in his own head about quidditch and became the massive egotistical sportstar that we all know him as today. i think he would've been confused by or maybe slightly even in awe of her social graces, since she's been trained in them from such an early age, and probably remains at least a little bit that way even now, despite the fact that both of their stars have risen somewhat since then, just because she's if anything even more immaculate than she used to be, which is really saying something. ali was quite the show-off at school, on the quidditch pitch and in the common room, so i don't know what she would've thought of all that - and now that he's the seeker for the scottish team that's probably just gotten even worse, so i guess their dynamic nowadays would depend on her level of tolerance for him back then. they could either be old long-suffering friends or annoyances, or maybe even both depending on her mood like you said, but it'd certainly be interesting to see them navigate an interaction with each other now that they're all grown up! but as an aside, the fact that she's a defense attorney would definitely help with regards to him - he'd always be low-key rooting for her to stick it to his mother.

training camp on skye this weekend 😎
+ WINCHESTER
+ Capricorn
+ Gay
+ Single
** Halfblood Wizard | AGE: 27 | 46 POSTS
Wand 80

10¾" Ash, Sasquatch Hair
NET WORTH: 165 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Ravenclaw) alternative text
Sep 23 2017, 02:36 PM
I love it. He can entertain her with his stories while she has an anonymous friend to ease that transition to being alone with herself, and by the time they actually meet they'll be friends so she can trust him. Often creating friends irl for her is tinged with wonder if they want to be friends with her, or with her life. Plus, she is very refined and generally good because she's always needed to suppress her mischevious side so they can rub off on each other haha. Even better if he tells her his stupid things in story form; she has quite the imagination.

luka and cassius
An American! And a wild one. Oh yes, Luka will certainly have plenty to say; many little comments throughout all the days. Probably also about his job - "Have you decided to return to a real career yet?" I like the idea of them meeting as young aurors - are they the same age? Probably in the same general program together, even if they were only a few years apart. Definitely just take it as luka being luka, he can be a dick to everyone. x D It's a gift! Luka says he likes strong black tea and if Cassius is going to bother him, he might as well bring a cuppa.

octavia and alasdair
Ah! Okay. Let me tell you a little about Octavia's backstory because...her history is really long and it's easier to sum it up here. She's greek. She was born to old money to a family that is living in the dark ages, practically, in the sense that she was raised to be a perfect wife and societal queen. For the majority of her childhood, this was a great thing for her. She was arranged to marry someone (who would have been Alasdair's dormmate, then) and after being homeschooled her entire life, was sent to Hogwarts for seventh year to get to know her fiancee.

They butted heads, hard. But somewhere along the line, they fell in love and became a team. He was powerful, determined, and many other things and he was it for her. After they graduated they were supposed to get married ala the arrangement - but instead he inspired her to go after what she wanted out of life, and not just what she was raised to want. That's why she's a lawyer. Only, three years after they graduated he just disapppeared. She came home one night to their apartment stripped and cleaned of anything that was considered him. Just gone. Instead of dealing with it, Octavia shored up that huge amount of emotion and threw herself into her work - and a year later, her parents created an agreement with Cruz Bello for her to marry him instead. That was two years ago. She has one foot firmly in the past and one foot refusing to move forward, basically. She doesn't know why she was abandoned, she doesn't know where he went, she doesn't want the life her parents created for her, and so basically she's just spinning her wheels.

So Alasdair would have had a front row seat to all the drama that was their seventh year until things smoothed out and they became a great couple, and eventually heard of the end of that couple. Granted, she would have likely dismissed him completely at first because back then she was exactly what her parents raised her to be. She thought the world was hers to play with and she simply had to finesse it in order to achieve that. But she grew a LOT at Hogwarts, away from her parents, and it's probable that the end of the year was completely different.

I would probably say both. x D When he's being super egotistical she can fix him with that patented stare that tells him she's thoroughly unimpressed and when he's not, she can be a little warmer x D Also, she'd be happy to offer him her services if he ever needed them, as celebrity figures tend to.

Okay so that was still really long. Sorry! haha
We're blazing high, smoke fill the night. I'm gasoline, you're fire.
+ Bulgaria
+ Libra
+ Bisexual
+ Single
* Pureblood Wizard | AGE: 25 | 21 POSTS
Wand 26

13" Blackthorn, Thunderbird Feather
NET WORTH: 110 ʛ
Sep 30 2017, 05:23 PM
noah has been added!
Don't be shocked when your history book mentions me; I'm young, scrappy, and hungry: I am not throwing away my shot.
+ Manhattan, New York
+ Leo
+ Heterosexual
+ Single
CASSIUS BANCROFT
Dementor Hunter
** Pureblood Wizard | AGE: 29 | 57 POSTS
Wand 55

11" Maple, Leprechaun Hair
NET WORTH: 0 ʛ
Ilvermorny Alumni (Thunderbird) alternative text
Oct 3 2017, 05:11 AM
SIRENA & CASSIUS: yessss this is perfect! i honestly love friendships that otherwise would've been kind of expected, so their random text thread evolving into this is awesome! plus he is honestly contemplating going as a knight to halloween because he's lame and loves a good, terrible joke.

LUKA & CASSIUS: HAHA i love it! i think they would've been in the same general program at the IMM, yes, since cassius is 29 so that's not a huge difference at all. cass has probably developed a sort of resistance or understanding to luka's ways by this point if they've known each other for that long, and cass would allllllwaaaays make sure to swing by with the strongest cup of tea, especially after he's gone and done something stupid out in the field again and knows he's going to catch hell for it.

OCTAVIA & ALASDAIR: ohhhhh maaaaan you're right, that IS quite a history! i love it though. okay so from alasdair's point of view, this girl shows up out of nowhere in seventh year, by that point already a straight-up societal princess, and it turns out she's engaged to one of his dormmates, potentially one of his friends at that point? yeah, that would've been a lot of information to take in, and i think that if she was dismissive at first, coupled with the fact that there was a lot of tumult and drama going on relationship-wise for her, ali would've been a bit put off and just...avoided that whole thing haha. it would be nice if they had managed to become friends of some sort by the end of their time at hogwarts though, as they both grew (i mean he's only grown more and more arrogant, but still, a person could get used to that) and i think it'd be good for him to have a friend who isn't afraid to call him out when he's being quite unimpressive. probably only people who've known ali from hogwarts days could get away with that, since he considers himself pretty infallible these days, so that'd be perfect - they can catch up whenever their schedules permit, fall back into the old groove, and it's all good. also i imagine he definitely would come to her for legal advice whenever he needs it, especially since he'd trust her to be private about it all.

also we need to do something with alasdair and noah at some point! and cadmus and octavia! quidditch things, law things! basically all the things.

If you were a Dementor, I'd become a criminal just to get your kiss. ;]
+
+ Scorpio
+ Heterosexual
+ Complicated
** Pureblood Witch | AGE: 23 | 35 POSTS
Wand 48
9" Hazel, Banshee Hair
NET WORTH: 235 ʛ
Oct 3 2017, 11:39 PM
Friendships that happen organically are always so nice to play. Plus, hello. "Internet" friends are a thing. And if he did that, he'd have to send a picture. She'd laugh for sure.

luka and cassius
haha as long as Cassius doesn't mind the snark, they're golden. Although Luka might be a little nicer upcoming, being all bamboozled by a tall, dark, handsome. Also smart to bring bribery to a visit about Cassius' uh...enthusiasm in his field.

octavia and alasdair
Octavia may be a mess, but she doesn't act like it in public. She's trying to sort out her life and she's very, very confused right now. That being said, she wouldn't miss out on a chance to remind Alasdair that he's merely human. And she would be pleased to have a "celebrity client" on her list.

noah and alasdair
So here's the question. They're both seekers. Career friends or rivals? Becauuuuuse. Messy can be fun and Noah has a huge temper, but on the flipside Noah's a pretty good mate so long as Alasdair doesn't mind his shamelessness and ego. He's equal opportunity bi sending looks to a third male seeker in their league so http://files.jcink.net/uploads/wintersgraphics/BigSmileSquint.png

octavia and cadmus
I can tell you Octavia was not pleased to see another lawyer hahaha she's a brat. How's his skin? Thick is a good idea.
do not go gentle into that good night/rage, rage against the dying of the light.
+ Barcelona
+ Pisces
+ Heterosexual
+ Single
* Halfblood Witch | AGE: 24 | 10 POSTS
Wand 6

7" Cherry, Ashwinder Ash
NET WORTH: 70 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Gryffindor) alternative text
Oct 5 2017, 08:53 PM
"the fun has arrived!"
i'm perfect; i'm always worth it; i deserve it, the way i work it.
+ North Pole
+ Aries
+ Heterosexual
+ Married
Winter is Online
WINTER
THE SNOW QUEEN
** Pureblood Witch | AGE: 7500 | 47 POSTS
Wand 5

9½" Chestnut, Pixie Wing
NET WORTH: 92471918 ʛ
Beauxbatons Alumni alternative text
Mar 29 2018, 11:10 PM

Excited for Winter, who wants to build a snowman?!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS
Pages: (2) 1 2 
ADD REPLY
NEW POLL

Image Map
RP MONTHS JUNE JULY AUG SEPT
ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!