SEPTEMBER OCT NOV DEC

RULES

PLOT

THE APP

WANTED

HOUSING

CLAIMS

ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

The Prologue, bowie's plotter
ASHER STONE
Creature Activist

Wand 35

11" Rowan, Doxy Wing
Halfblood Wizard | AGE: 29 | 40 POSTS

Hogwarts Alumni (Slytherin)
Essex

Scorpio

Gay

Single

1140 ʛ

Aug 4 2017, 08:21 PM

GOT A BOY BACK HOME

• ash stone
  • 29 years old
  • creature activist
  • illegal
  • loquacious
  • morally gray

get the best of me

in a very roundabout sense of the word, ash is a "people" person. he likes them fine, he's very good at reading them, and he considers himself to skilled at getting them to do his bidding. well-spoken in a way that projects warmth, he's quite good with making friends. and merlin, does he have friends of all varieties. never one to shy away from the sketchiest of blokes, ash has acquired a diverse portfolio of associates and comrades alike. such is the business of an activist. well, that's how he refers to his line of "work". in reality, he breaks many international laws in efforts to better the welfare of rare creatures. but that's really neither here nor there. the point is, he has a lot of chums and he's always open to making more.

ash falls in love...a lot. similarly, mercifully, he falls out of love a lot. his preferences depend on the day and the weather and whatever fancy has managed to strike him in line at the coffee shop. like any natural disaster, it happens very quickly and often leaves a few tragedies in its wake. at the present, he's blissfully running blindly into walls and sometimes ending up with a boyfriend. or two. c'est la vie.

ministry officials aren't particularly fond of ash. neither are poachers. or smugglers of exotic creatures. not that he cares but the world balances, enemies pop out here and there.

BY MITZI

SHADY PARTS AND PARTY HARD

• talon montague
  • 28 years old
  • dragonologist
  • other
  • resilient
  • cerebral

the diamonds yours

when you come from a pureblood family with a dynasty having sprung from its founders, you behave a certain way. you're well-spoken. you're cultured. you're worldly. you're well-read. you have a carriage far superior to most your age. you are always unbowed and unbroken.

talon is all of those things. he's not one for behaving like a beast nor does he ever sink to that level. if compelled he could certainly do damage but its not usually necessary. he is icily cordial at his worst and teasing wit at his best. he loves art, he loves to paint, and he loves his cat. he also loves dragons.

so far as friends go, talon gets to see a different side of people, so to speak. he doesn't rely one what he sees - instead he listens to cadence of speech, to the choice of words people use to talk about themselves, how they speak of others, and so forth. he's easy to get along with and difficult to make stay.

talon doesn't entertain long-term things. he has and occasionally, he will. but as a general rule, its easier that he doesn't. he's turned off by arrogance and he finds that other pureblood women are usually entitled, spoilt brats. he doesn't have the time or patience to bear any of that.

enemies? oh he has them. ex-girlfriends and their new boyfriends. jealous colleagues. those of mixed blood with their own prejudice against those that are pure - which, by the way, he never mentions unless asked because blood purity is rubbish to him. but mostly, he makes enemies of those he dismisses. he won't pretend to humor a pretty face because he can see the insides and usually, they're ugly.

BY MITZI

GOD DAMN RIGHT

• gloriana reyes
  • 31 years old
  • undercover auror
  • government
  • savage
  • unforgiving

should be scared of me

Gloriana Reyes is a monarch in her own right and she will be the first to tell you that you don't have to recognize it - she knows it sure as she knows the blood in her veins or the bones in her fist.

She is, first and foremost, a champion of women and girls. Coming from a family full of sisters seemed but a small, stardusted stepping stone for her on the way to her life's work. She specializes in human trafficking as an undercover auror. Glo, as she is called, understands that the world can be cruel and she's doing all she can to make sure someone accounts for that. No stranger to brutality and an inborn ferocity that rivals even the most fearsome beasts, she fears no one and nothing. Her unrepentant attitude is apparent in the unimpressed stare that she levels toward anyone who crosses her.

As far as friends go, she makes them in the work place. There are a few, like Octavia Kostas and Luka Hunter, that enjoy her at her most amiable. Others receive wry humor and arch looks. She's not opposed to new friends - she's just not naive enough to believe that everyone has pure intentions.

Gloriana is happily married to Ryker Reyes and not even death will undo their union.

She is talented at making enemies. She does it deftly and without qualm. Gloriana delights in stirring a murderous rage and hopes one day that someone might be brave enough to try her. For as knowledgeable as she is about inflicted pain, she's even more so with giving it in spades. As a ministry official, she's aware of all the ways to make your broken nose look like a "happy accident" in the break room.

BY MITZI

MAKE THIS OUR KINGDOM

• cruz bello
  • 27 years old
  • international trade magnate
  • business
  • sophisticate
  • lofty

'til gravity bends

There are prodigal sons and then there are sons like Cruz Bello.

Sprung from a marriage designed to produce the most suitable heir, there is no mistaking what a meticulously orchestrated upbringing has wrought. As an only child, he has taken the weight of his family's name to heart. Schooled in the Pyrenees and Switzerland, he has cultivated a platinum standard for his surname. At the helm of the Bello family financial endeavors, Cruz has taken the reins entirely from is father in all things international trade, investment, and so forth.

Its difficult to not like Cruz. He is soft-spoken and introspective by nature. He's thoughtful and considerate by choice. While other business tycoons have earned their associates and the like through intimidation or force, he has earned his through sheer good will. He enjoys a great many activities, ranging from the ballet to the London symphony to violin to wine-tasting etc. He's a kind, gentle sort that commands a certain presence because that is what respect demands. With his hands in many different things, he can often be found at galas, charity dinners, and business functions.

Cruz's love life is a complicated one. He is private and for all intents and purposes, engaged. Nevertheless, the engagement was an arrangement on behalf of his father for ensured success of the lineage. Octavia Angelis, while beautiful and a formidable force, does not feel strongly for Cruz in either extreme. They merely exist in the same estate together. It is an unfortunate arrangement and in all honesty, a lonely one. Cruz is not opposed to entertaining lovers. But it is with the explicit understanding that they will never be a public item. His fiancee will always be the priority. Her word is law.

Rivals in the business world would provide suitable enemies. As mentioned, Cruz isn't the sort to gather them in droves. Nor is he a particularly dynamic adversary. He prefers to play the long game and wait out any reckless enmity so that his move is the final move. Even so, he can be stirred to fury and it makes his magic perilously unpredictable. Such things to elicit a reaction of fury would include any perceived slight against his ethical standard in a professional context and any slight whatsoever toward his fiancee.

BY MITZI
I'm on the pursuit of happiness, and I know.
OLLIE-JAY WOOD
Aurologist

Wand 61

10¼" Walnut, Werewolf Fang
Halfblood Wizard | AGE: 27 | 42 POSTS

Hogwarts Alumni (Gryffindor)
Bristol, England

Taurus

Pansexual

Single

725 ʛ

Aug 5 2017, 03:32 PM

oh mah oh mah oh mahhhhhh. so ollie prides himself on being a good person who does good things, but he certainly has a dark and kinky side that he's always willing to explore. so i'm sure he had a one-night stand or two with asher back at hogwarts, and even today during their adult days. ollie doesn't taolly care about the legality of a person's job, as long as a person does good things he doesn't really care. so yeah, maybe every now and then they meet up for a drunken night and enjoy each other's company. http://i.imgur.com/AY3VNBg.png up to you. plus ollie travels all over, so they could tentatively meet just about anywhere.
[softly but with a lot of feeling] what the fuck
KAZIMIR ALEKSANDROV
Clan Leader / Businessman

Wand 11

10¾" Pine, Cherub Feather
Vampire | AGE: 480 | 44 POSTS

No Alumni
Scottish Highlands

Gemini

Pansexual

Single

1610 ʛ

Aug 9 2017, 12:18 PM

HELLO THERE! so i'm a fan of asher and as i was reading over his shipper i thought, morally grey? gets along with the shadiest of fellows? well, say no more!

KAZ & ASHER: kazimir here is your average almost-500 year old vampire who lives in a restored and very stereotypically-vampy castle in the scottish highlands. to describe him in a word i'd want to say "gross" probably, but that doesn't give a very good idea of him haha so i'll try to elaborate a bit. as something of a...creature? himself? or at least a being that is not human? i feel like he'd be appreciative, if not very amused by ash's efforts for conservation and activism (amused because he likes it when humans throw themselves wholeheartedly into their causes and whatnot, it's very quaint to him in a well-meaning way) - might even be supportive if ash ever wanted any help or a place to lay low for a while, since them illegals got to stick together after all. of course, kaz has never actually attracted the ire of law enforcement, apart from maybe a blip in the 18th century where he sort of massacred a small town. he does run a "free range" blood farm manned by the vampire clan that he leads, but nobody knows about that bit since he's obviously extremely secretive about it.

instead, the kaz that asher would probably get to know is very high-society, very out-in-the-open and prominent, very much the poster-boy for being a good, cooperative and well-integrated example for his kind. he's charming and disarming (if a bit creepily open about being a vampire and making lots of terrible stereotypical jokes about eating people) and seems to abide very much by the letter of the law and be chummy with the ministry, so maybe it'd be amusing if they had a run in where asher is basically like "eww" but kaz is like YES WHAT YOU DO SOUNDS QUITE FUN ACTUALLY. for someone who is very above-board with his firewhiskey business, kaz would be able to give a surprising amount of centuries worth of advice about dodging law enforcement lmao, even if he would do so whilst never really telling a straight story about where he's from originally. and we could go from there? i don't know, this is pretty rambly to be honest, i just think it'd be fun to have them interact because i feel like they might be able to be decently chummy.

Whoever made up the myth that vampires like to bathe in virgins' blood has clearly never tried to bleach a bathtub.
ASHER STONE
Creature Activist

Wand 35

11" Rowan, Doxy Wing

Essex

Scorpio

Gay

Single

1140 ʛ

Aug 9 2017, 02:25 PM

ash & KAZIMIR ALEKSANDROV hooooooney. so many things are right with this whole premise! first, let me tell you sean o'pry is one of my absolute fave faces always. forever. so A+, tens across the board. secondly, vampires? adore them, gimme some good ol' fashioned creepy bloodsuckers or suave anne rice style types. doesn't matter, i'm all about it. thirdly, i love what you've done with kaz. these two would absolutely be chummy. i think, asher would need a moment to acclimate, as this is his first vampire pal. so he'd be a smidge, shall we say, affected by the blood references at first. but then he'd be over it and would brush it aside in everyday conversation. as their friendship progresses, kaz's knowledge would be indispensable for asher. to go so many years on the right side of the ministry? that is magnificent. truly clever and masterful to evade their scrutiny...so ash would happily welcome tips and such. kaz's wisdom in other areas would be tremendously helpful too, esp given how much he's seen and how little asher knows in comparison. i can start this or you can start - just give me an idea of where/when and i'll make it happen!
ASHER STONE
Creature Activist

Wand 35

11" Rowan, Doxy Wing

Essex

Scorpio

Gay

Single

1140 ʛ

Aug 9 2017, 10:42 PM

talon added c:
KAZIMIR ALEKSANDROV
Clan Leader / Businessman

Wand 11

10¾" Pine, Cherub Feather
Vampire | AGE: 480 | 44 POSTS

No Alumni
Scottish Highlands

Gemini

Pansexual

Single

1610 ʛ

Aug 10 2017, 07:31 AM

KAZ & ASHER: omg you're too kind!!! i'm really excited to get this underway, all this sounds absolutely PERFECT and i'm keen to see these two rogues go from a bit of (understandable) awkward to weird buddies. if you wouldn't mind getting something started i'd be super grateful and get to it ASAP once deadlines aren't kicking my butt as much - kaz loves to frequent all sorts of...interesting establishments...so honestly they could just first meet at a dive-y pub or something, which would be pretty amusing in and of itself because a vampire in a bespoke suit tends to be quite a sight in those parts.

VAL & TALON: so while i'm here, i want to throw some semblance of a plot at your new babe! i enjoy talon and his backstory a lot, SO. this could be a bit interesting. valentin is a german muggleborn who basically stole a wand and lied his way through durmstrang because he was so desperate to get a magical education, so they've started life at very different points indeed. he harbours some resentment to purebloods as a result but doesn't treat people unfairly and without due cause, so apart from a slight and persistent inferiority complex on his end i don't think much of that would manifest in any potential interactions with talon especially since, despite the name, talon seems beyond chill about all of that blood business. they might be interesting, unlikely friends of sorts? it depends! valentin is gruff and no nonsense at the best of times, has a very typically deadpan sense of humour, is similarly very intense about his trade and his interests (although in his case it's magitech), but he's also unfailingly honest these days, doesn't play pretend or mince words, and has a fondness for his motorcycle, brewing his own craft beer and his corgi who is unfortunately named bismarck. perhaps they would find one another's attitudes refreshing in their own ways in a society that's quite false - i'm not sure if talon would find val too grumpy, and val would certainly be...bemused...by some of talon's poshness and elegance, but that could make it fun haha.

Whoever made up the myth that vampires like to bathe in virgins' blood has clearly never tried to bleach a bathtub.
HAYDEN BUCHANNON
Bartender/Singer/Model

Wand 61

11½" Rowan, Veela Hair
Halfblood Witch | AGE: 22 | 72 POSTS

Ilvermorny Alumni (Wampus)
New Orleans

Virgo

Heterosexual

Single

820 ʛ

Aug 13 2017, 01:25 AM

So first off, before I throw my girl at your two babies... I just wanted to say I really enjoyed BOTH of their stories. And I can easily see her being friends/knowing them to some degree. That being said...

HAYDEN & ASHER While what he does isn't exactly legal by most people's standards, Hayden applauds him for what he does for magical creatures. I honestly could see Hayden, her older brother that's a Dragonologist, or even their dad before he died doing some rule bending to help him. Because hey, in a way it's doing the right thing after all! I could see her sending him word of something in the New Orleans area that might pique his interests too. Once she finds his info again after things went crazy on her recently. Yes, no, maybe so?

HAYDEN & TALON So, as said before, I love his story. It breaks my heart (and hers) about his vision since he loved art like she did. I could easily see her running into him beforehand when she was traveling with her family/to meet her older brother that's also a Dragonologist (maybe they worked together?), or because she was going to a Quidditch match somewhere. Hayden enjoys art and music... so they'd have that in common as well. The girl's got talent she just doesn't know how to use it to her full potential. Yet. She also would definitely ask him for the name of his tattoo artist. I'm thinking she's not gotten to go on holiday a lot since her parents died, but if you wanted to figure out a thread for them I'm open to figuring out ideas.

Losing my mind trying to keep track of all the Muggle and magical tech in this house!
ASHER STONE
Creature Activist

Wand 35

11" Rowan, Doxy Wing

Essex

Scorpio

Gay

Single

1140 ʛ

Aug 15 2017, 02:43 AM

KAZIMIR ALEKSANDROV + ASH Me too! I can start a thread and I’ll tag you on it once its done. Also, totally understand about the deadlines – school approaches for me so I hear you. As for the establishment, I’ll make sure it’s a good spot with plenty of character…so to speak. Ha!

VAL + TALON

<3 Thank you! Ah…yes, these two are opposite sides of the same coin. Also, yes. Nailed it. Talon is very relaxed about blood anything. He doesn’t put any conviction in blood purity determining someone’s worth – he knows quite a few rotten purebloods and muggleborns and half-bloods. Blood unfortunately is just not the predictor of goodness. I think they’d be a good contrast with one another and a pair of interesting friends. They might be the mirror that the other needs on occasion to turn their vision introspectively and show them things about themselves… Yessss! I love these little details. Talon would absolutely appreciate the deadpan humor (his own can be very dry, very morbid), the honesty, and the straight-shooting approach. Also, he’s not one for dogs really as Thea (his cat) isn’t a fan but imagine the hilarity of Val visiting with corgi in tow….I’m here for this! Like two single dads trying to make their children play nice while they have a civilized dinner and drinks. BAHHAHAHAH. A very interesting dinner indeed.

HAYDEN BUCHANNON + ASH

Hello there. c: And thank you, kindly! We welcome Hayden to the fray of knowing these two messes. Ha!

Ah yes! Ash makes fast friends of people that understand the delicate nature of his work. That the world is not all black and white but rather, many many shades of gray. So Hayden accepting this and running with it would automatically move her up a few notches in his book. Ash would definitely run into her at work, given his social life and love of frequenting the pubs. Perhaps she sends him a text or something similar and then they can catch up/make plans etc. ?

HAYDEN + TALON

<3 Talon got a bit of a rough hand here, but fear not - he's dealing well. Nevertheless, I think a common thread between him and her brother would be a good one. They could've worked together on a project, some collaboration or perhaps even have future designs together. Though he doesn't get to experience art in the traditional way anymore, Talon still enjoys visiting places where he can be culturally enriched. So music would be a large bonding point, even though he paints - its still in relative privacy. And he'd be happy to dispense with his tattoo artist's contact info. He's still collecting pieces here and there, in good faith at this point but nonetheless, collecting.

As for a thread...hmmmm! Perhaps a concert or some kind of performance. He's not opposed to opera or ballets.

HAYDEN BUCHANNON
Bartender/Singer/Model

Wand 61

11½" Rowan, Veela Hair
Halfblood Witch | AGE: 22 | 72 POSTS

Ilvermorny Alumni (Wampus)
New Orleans

Virgo

Heterosexual

Single

820 ʛ

Aug 15 2017, 11:16 AM

The more I think on this, the more I see her having a definite understanding about his work, and see them having met originally through either her dad or brother. Because everyone in the Buchannon clan had a soft spot for magical creatures, and her dad was no stranger to bending the rules to almost their breaking point lol. But he also taught the kids that not everything is black and white in the world, considering his parents and the fact he was technically a Death Eater in training, and still turned out to be a good man and a good father. So she definitely learned that sometimes you have to do what's right, even if it isn't always the "legal" thing. Okay, lemme quit rambling here lol (I've not had my morning coffee yet >.>). I'm pretty sure that she might've lost touch since becoming her sister's keeper/losing her parents. But I'm definitely game for texting him if she caught wind of something regarding magical creatures that's up his alley. And basically going "I'm the worlds worst friend I know, but..." XD Want me to start that?
hayden & ASHER STONE

While he definitely has her beat on the rough hand part... Hayden can relate on some small level. As far as going to places where he can be culturally enriched? Hayden would do her best to convince him to come to her beautiful Crescent City, aka New Orleans. The music, the food, the culture and history, she's pretty sure he'd love it all. Like with Ash, I feel maybe she lost touch with him for a bit after everything. But lately she's been trying to reconnect with people so if you wanted to do a text thread with them first (if Talon would be a texter considering his circumstances), I can start that. OH! She could invite him to the Blues & BBQ Festival in October, or one of the things they do for Halloween.
hayden & talon
Losing my mind trying to keep track of all the Muggle and magical tech in this house!
VALENTIN BAUER
Magitechnician

Wand 36

9½" Sycamore, Veela Hair
Muggleborn Wizard | AGE: 26 | 30 POSTS

Durmstrang Alumni
London, England

Scorpio

Heterosexual

Single

1045 ʛ

Aug 15 2017, 03:26 PM

VAL & TALON: BAHAHAHA everything about this appeals to me! both the serious, feel-good side of them managing to become unlikely friends despite their differences (although i suppose that sometimes it might inevitably be a feel-bad side if they make each other confront some difficult truths on both ends, but it's all for the greater good!). honestly, they've both been through some shiiiiiiit although val of course doesn't carry a physical reminder of what he's suffered the way that darling talon does, so i can kind of see them sometimes just hanging out with a drink of choice on whatever wizards have instead of rocking chairs on porches and just deadpanning and being morbidly funny about how messed up everything is. it'll be nice for val to have a buddy who actually likes how forthcoming and blunt he is rather than being vaguely horrified by it tbh! hahaha! also that visual with thea (lmao val is actually being sponsored financially by thea avery who he currently isn't a huge fan of so this name might make him quite ill) the cat and bismarck the deeply overweight corgi has me rolling. bismarck is terrified of cats so their single dad dinners will probably end with val trying to turn over all of the futons and ottomans to find his inept excuse for a dog, but you know, i'm into that.
mehr licht!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply