SEPTEMBER OCT NOV DEC

RULES

PLOT

THE APP

WANTED

HOUSING

CLAIMS

ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Afterlife Is Our Time, billie's boys
VALENTIN BAUER
Magitechnician

Wand 36

9½" Sycamore, Veela Hair
Muggleborn Wizard | AGE: 26 | 30 POSTS

Durmstrang Alumni
London, England

Scorpio

Heterosexual

Single

1045 ʛ

Aug 1 2017, 09:33 AM

valentin bauer

26. german. magitechnician.

valentin tends to operate on mostly a "need to know" basis because anything else is kind of an impractical waste of time, so here's what you need to know about him - he grew up in germany, went to durmstrang, attended a muggle university (the berlin institute of technology, to be exact) and now he's in the united kingdom, working as a magitechnician and getting things underway with his own start-up. he likes boxing, bludgers, beer, bread, brains (not in a zombie way) and being better than people.

to go into a little more detail, it's important to note that valentin is a muggleborn - this isn't something that he hides, in fact he's very proud of it. but it is where all of his problems started. he manifested magic early and scared the crap out of his very superstitious and religious muggle tiny-village parents, who proceeded to lock him up for a good number of years in the hopes that his magic would stutter out. it didn't - he got away, got to berlin, stole a wand and found his way to durmstrang, where he promptly lied his way into being able to attend and faked blood purity for the next seven years. and really, that's just the beginning. he managed to excel at school through sheer force of will, but still decided to take a break and spend some catch-up time in the muggle world after he finished at durmstrang. his "muggle" years at university in berlin are some of the happiest and most uncomplicated in his life - definitely patronus-producing material. but of course, the magic was always there. hence the uk. he's been here for about three years and currently lives in london.

he comes across as being a particularly intense kind of guy, mostly because he's worked so hard and sacrificed so much to get to where he is -so he has no real patience for nonsense and can come across sometimes like a little bit of a stick in the mud, but i want to say that on the whole he seems to mean well. he's hardworking and an introvert, really super reliable, and extremely honest, sometimes to a fault. most people who meet him will just tend to get the impression of a very serious (ok slightly grumpy), but very competent and driven young start-up entrepreneur with a particular aptitude and fondness for magitechnology - he honestly believes it's the way of the now and the future, and won't mince words about telling everyone so. oh, and also, he does have an inferiority streak a mile wide from growing up hearing about how "lesser" muggles are while living his formerly-secret muggleborn life, so he definitely comes equipped with a need to prove himself that often manifests in being quite naturally competitive. but on to specifics!

BUSINESS // this is where he's the most keen to establish himself. he works in magitechnology, mostly freelancing at the moment, and is working on getting funding to put towards his start-up, so anyone who has projects for him is more than welcome to! he's really good with - almost overzealous about - deadlines, and works out of a little workshop that he's set up in his flat.

FRIENDS // i feel like these are comparatively not that many - more a lot of acquaintances, since he's a huge workaholic and is almost always rushing off to get back to his workshop. for those who can handle his general intensity and bluntness as a person, he's probably most easily properly-befriended by just kind of...sticking around? being present? sooner or later after a while he'd just randomly arrive at the point where he considers someone to be part of his closer circle of companions. friend!valentin is mostly like regular valentin but marginally more fun - he has a very deadpan sort of wit and a sassy sense of humour, smiles a lot more frequently, and will probably make people try the craft beer that he brews or, surprisingly, go dancing (that berlin techno scene). it's actually pretty good. hobby-wise, he's very into quidditch and used to play beater so he could potentially talk sport with people? i don't know, that would probably lead down the rabbit hole of him trying to explain muggle football, but anyway. as a friend, he's just as dedicated and determined as he is in his professional life, so he would be steadfast, loyal, protective and occasionally even kind of warm. on the bright side, because he's not a huge talker, he makes a great listener. he's even been known to actually crack a decent joke or make an occasional grand gesture, and he's also a veryyyyyy low-key leslie knope when it comes to giving super thoughtful gifts.

ENEMIES // well, he's a very competitive human who has a chip on his shoulder and something to prove, so his general intensity and pride might rub people the wrong way and come off as being a bit over-the-top. he's also very blunt and is critical of things when he notices that they're amiss, so those who are particularly sensitive or don't understand that he's just being...him...might find him very grating indeed. i think he's quite stoic in most respects so i'm not sure if he considers it a good usage of his energy to get mad at/actively dislike people, but he really loathes fakeness and dishonesty, and of course if you're a hater of magitech or muggleborns/muggles (or even if he detects a slight whiff of feelings of superiority) then there's probably gonna be a problem. not to mention that he's unrepentantly open about and proud of his blood status and occupation and won't hesitate to get all political and defensive about it (also he deliberately chose to live in a pretty magical neighbourhood so that whenever he rides his muggle motorcycle down the road it annoys the shit out of everyone), so i imagine he'd be quite a thorn in the side of your ol' purium supporters. give me aaaall the things!

LOVERS // not too sure about this, to be honest. who knows!!! but i think between balancing his ambitions and the few friends that he's made over the years he doesn't really have much time for romantic entanglements. there's probably room here for a few past flings or casual understandings or some such because he doesn't consider himself a complete hermit in that sense, but apart from that he's generally pretty emotionally unavailable at present.

kazimir aleksandrov

480. russian. vampire clan leader.

this here is kazimir, but please, feel free to call him kaz or whatever else you'd like - he enjoys being familiar with people, and over the years he's gone by many names and many stories. he's an almost-five hundred year old vampire, formerly a peasant from moscow but turned in his late twenties and now living it up. i mean, he literally lives in a restored highland castle (he also maintains a ritzy little apartment in edinburgh when he needs to do business and see friends a bit closer to civilisation) and is the head of his own little vampire clan, proprietor of a firewhiskey distillery off the coast of northern scotland, and, of course, a secret little blood farm operation as well. but shhh, nobody has to know about the last bit. in fact, nobody knows quite where he came from or what his backstory is either - when asked, he always playfully gives a different answer, never honest.

things worth knowing about him are that he is very active in the public and social scene both in the uk and all across europe mostly, although he's resided in the scottish highlands for about 200 years now. he engages in philanthropy, throwing parties and whatnot, and outwardly he is quite the charming posterboy for a well-integrated vampire in a leadership position in this modern age of increased tolerance and cooperation. he doesn't give a shit about politics, creature or blood-status or otherwise - he's charming, disarming, open about his vampyness, and totally guided in his very very long life by his own whims and moral compass. which is, honestly, more or less broken and just tends to point in the direction of whatever he feels like doing.

BUSINESS // so this falls into two main categories, as he's very...prolific. the first and most obvious is the firewhiskey distillery that he's owned now for oh, over a century - he could be a supplier to bar owners and prides himself on good product, so there's potential for interaction with shop owners and businesses there. the second, very very secret part of his operation is the illegal blood farm that he continues to run. he prides himself on the blood farm being "free range" - none of the donors are killed, they're just...lured to the island, kept for a few days or weeks, obliviated and then returned to the world none the wiser. he could potentially supply some shady purveyors on knockturn alley, or the wider european market? either way, he's sUPER hush-hush about this because he plays the good boy and has survived for centuries by playing nice, so this option will only be open to less scrupulous business partners who have been thoroughly vetted.

FRIENDS // kaz loves being friends with everyone, plain and simple. he's a social fellow, fun and outgoing, charming and suave and the epitome of your high class, high-rolling entrepreneur. he doesn't like being alone and enjoys being constantly surrounded by people - it helps stave off the inevitable boredom you feel when you're almost 500 years old. he can be lavish and generous, mischievous and roguish, and considers humans to be the perfect way to pass the time. kaz plays the part of the perfect best friend pretty well after all these years, although he knows there's no real permanence to human friendships. he loves observing and learning and relishing in the humanity that he no longer possesses anyway, and is generally a pretty good time.

of course, it's important to note that he is VERY vampire-y in the sense that he constantly makes jokes about blood/eating/vampire stereotypes and he actively lives in an old castle in the highlands that he bought and refurbished to the most vamp-y standards possible. he thinks it's hilarious. it might freak people out. but if people can deal with the fact that he is very obviously lacking in humanity, then he's your man. his best, genuine friends will probably be his clan members, although he's also weirdly...paternal, almost, with them. still, he's even been known to feel something in the way of genuine sentiment with humans every now and then - it's always interesting to see how that plays out.

ENEMIES // i mean mostly people who dislike vampires are gonna have a big old problem with him because he is living his best vampire life right now. also, he can be kind of freaky, to be honest, even if you're all about creature equality - he's just lived for long enough and seen enough shit that his sense of humanity and his grasp of human emotions, although well-faked, is a bit limited at this point. it would make sense for people to take an instinctive dislike to him because of his vibes, although that probably wouldn't bother him much. i feel like he generally has quite a cool temper and is difficult to ruffle, because in practical terms he knows that most of his enemies are gonna be dead in what is basically the blink of an eye for him and so it's not worth wasting his energy, but there are always exceptions. mess with his clan, of whom he is fiercely protective, and it's probably a bad time all around. in those instances...temper, temper.

LOVERS // in much the same way as he rarely gets super close with humans friendship-wise because of their short lifespan, he's also quite shallow about his romantic life. oh, he indulges in it recklessly, is pansexual and considers himself quite the charmer - if he finds someone attractive and they find him appealing then he's all for a one night stand or a short-lived fling, but that's all it ever has been and all it probably ever will be. so that's that! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OTHERS // ummmm...food? haha just kidding i don't know. CLAN MEMBERS maybe? he hasn't turned anyone in a pretty long time at this point (although he def did in the past, so i might do a request? and otherwise let me know if you have any ideas for that of course!) but the clan that he leads, situated in the scottish highlands, is also open to most outside vamps who prove themselves trustworthy and can play by the ground rules as well. so yes if you've got any thoughts on that score or anything else that doesn't fit into all this ramble hit me up!

cassius bancroft

29. american. dementor hunter.

meet cassius montgomery balthazar bancroft IV. it's a bit of a mouthful, a bit obnoxious, but he comes from an old american pureblood family and that's just kind of how they roll though. he almost exclusively goes by cass, although just cassius is fine as well - call him mr. bancroft and he's almost certain to cringe, because that's his dad's name. speaking of his father, cassius bancroft III is a former congressman with MACUSA who has since gone on to occupy an equally obnoxiously high rank at the international ministry of magic. he had high hopes for cassius to also pursue a political career, but it became pretty clear pretty quickly after ilvermorny that that simply wasn't cass' style - instead, he sort of ran away from home for about a year or so and travelled the world before returning and enrolling in auror training amidst much scandal and displeasure from his parents.

he only managed to get away with it and keep his place in the family fortune because a) he's the only boy and the patriarchy sucks but it's real, and B) because his dad has managed to convince his younger sister to pursue the whole "become the president of MACUSA" career path instead. cass loves all things dangerous and daring and so being an auror actually suited him fairly well, despite the fact that it meant he effectively works for the government - when the IMM was formed and the dementor hunter division of the auror department was created he leaped at the chance to do even crazier, more dangerous, and literally soul-risking things, and that's where he's been ever since.

to quickly sum him up, he's a completely impulsive, say-what-he-feels, laughter-loving, thrill-seeking, potentially responsibility-shirking young man who is always the first to throw himself into any fray, feels every single emotion that he experiences to the most extreme degrees, has wanderlust in absolute spades, and doesn't really come equipped with a filter. he's brave but also kind of stupid in a sense, golden-hearted but rash and quick to leap both to conclusions and into action, and he's just......a lot. as a human. but he does have a strong sense of what he thinks is right and wrong, he loves his job for what it means about making the world a better place in addition to the sheer badassery of it, and generally he's just doing what he can.

BUSINESS // this will apply to people who work for the government category in general i guess, although specifically he works in the auror department, and even more specifically, in the division of dementor hunters. he's definitely that guy at work, friendly and first to buy a pint of butterbeer for the table, organises parties that are absolutely mad and makes an effort to get to know everyone. i imagine he's familiar with a lot of faces across all departments and he really gets around - as for his direct colleagues, he's definitely competent and absolutely relentless like a bloodhound once he has a lead, but he's also admittedly very impulsive and sometimes unorthodox in his methods, so his professional relationships would really depend on how people react to that. give me all your government folks for work-buddy (or not so buddy) fun!

FRIENDS // this is a category that cass definitely has on lock. at ilvermorny he gained a reputation for always being the gregarious and outspoken one, a class clown and a bit of a trickster and also a consummate daredevil who took every single "but that's impossible!" as some sort of challenge to his very soul. adult cassius isn't too much different, to be honest. he's sunny and has a roguish demeanour, and is able to make conversation very easily because he just throws himself out there and says whatever he's thinking - when it comes to his friends, he's very ride-or-die and is of the opinion that once you've got him, you're kind of stuck with him for life. of course, he's also brash and prone to making stupid decisions sometimes, so anyone who calls him a friend would have to be willing to occasionally steer him in the right direction, aka away from the precipice of breaking the law or doing something that will get him killed. fair warning! but if they can deal with that, then he's pretty golden. i wouldn't say he's inherently a particularly suave or charming kind of person, not in the way that his father probably wishes he was, but he's earnest and warm an open book, if a bit of an occasional foot-in-mouth type.

ENEMIES // after his sudden disappearance from pureblood circles, he's not necessarily in the greatest of books with people who espouse a sort of purium-ish mentality, or who believe in a very traditional approach to things since his entire existence now is basically a challenge to societal conventions. that said, he still shows up to a lot of pureblood functions just for funsies, and his presence probably fills traditional types with dread not because he's particularly scary, but just because he's absolutely brazen and shameless about flaunting his on-the-road, rockstar, dementor hunter lifestyle and any attendant gruesome stories that come with it. to put it plainly, he's a bit common and a little bit too lacking in a filter for people with delicate sensibilities, so that could be a source of friction. also, frankly, there are probably a lot of people i'm sure out there who would just find him to be way too much, too obnoxious and fond of showing off, like an overgrown man-child (sometimes he is). he doesn't have the most even of tempers himself, so feel free to throw whatever at me here!

LOVERS // in a couple of words, i think i'd describe cassius as a serial monogamist. he loves what he thinks is the feeling of falling in love, but honestly just as quickly realizes that he was never actually in love in the first place and sort of tends to move on. i don't think he's ever been cruel about it or intended to cause any harm, he's just sort of a huge flirt and a whirlwind in human form and as a result he's a bit messy with his love-life, falling head over heels one instant and cooling his jets the next. he makes a fun and thoughtful partner at the time, but things have always inevitably ended - i think he'd try to stay on good terms with his exes (he is the literal, real incarnation of "it's not you, it's me") but ones who aren't too pleased with him could be interesting and good fun too, and as always, hit me up if you have any thoughts, although i'm not sure if he's quite mature enough yet for anything ~legit.

OTHERS // i haven't got any notions for anything else just yet! i might be putting up a request for cassius' younger and far less messy sister soon-ish though, but let me know if you're interested in that at all! as an aside though, at ilvermorny he used to play keeper for thunderbird and was also in the dueling club, so maybe those are avenues for people to know him as well?

alasdair barclay

23. scottish. pro quidditch seeker.

alasdair, or ali barclay as he's often known to friends and the media alike, is living proof that background - halfblood, father never met, mother an estranged member of the wizengamot - is no obstacle if you have a liberal sprinkling of talent and work hard at your own greatness. he's also incredibly full of himself, and a bit of a brat to boot. raised in aberdeen by a single mum, he's a proud scot - he had a good childhood full of wilderness and exploring scotland to begin with that quickly turned sour when he sort of fell by the wayside as his mother focused more on her career. he's more like her than he would ever care to admit, though - the sorting hat put him in slytherin for a reason, and that's because he's ambitious, self-serving, and willing to do what he's got to do to be where he wants to be.

he's always loved heights, and fell in love with quidditch as soon as a broom was first placed in his hands. from there it's been history - he loves the game, loves taking to the skies (in whatever form, as he's also an animagus with the form of a golden eagle), and all of that coupled with the craving for positive attention that he received at school for his skill as a seeker saw him strive hard to make a life for himself that would revolve around the sport and all of the perks that came with it. he got recruited into the montrose magpies right after his final year at hogwarts as star seeker, and was also signed as the seeker for the scottish national quidditch team not long after that - he lives in edinburgh and plays for both quidditch teams depending on if it's regional or international world cup season, and has become something of a sporting superstar in quite a short time. not that he's complaining.

in a nutshell, his personality is a bit of a mixed bag. the sorting hat saw gryffindor qualities in him in almost equal quantity to slytherin ones - he's passionate, daring and fierce, confident and social, but also has been made keenly aware through life experience that the only person who will always assuredly look out for him is himself. so, he's selfish and he does and says what he wants. fame at a relatively young age has gone to his head and so he's cocky as well, flippant and dismissive, not really sure of how to express affection in a healthy and genuine way without coming across as vaguely condescending as well. he doesn't like confronting emotions, especially negative ones, so he kind of lives in a glamorous little quidditch bubble and is sincerely hoping that it never pops. at heart there's a boy who used to love scaling castle ramparts in search of adventure and making his mother laugh, but he's given that up for the game and at present that's all he obstinately wants to keep playing.

WORK // ali is lucky in that his work is also his greatest passion in life. flying gives him a rush that's unparalleled - getting paid and cheered on for it and admired like some sort of snitch-catching demigod for it just happens to be a bonus. people that he meets through work would be other quidditch players obviously (both teammates and members of rival teams would be fun!), but also members of the media, since part and parcel of the job is interviews and having a public presence and all that. plus, if anyone needs him to make any endorsements that could be interesting to play out! he's cocky and smarmy in his ability but he does get the job done.

FRIENDS // it's probably the case that ali has never had any shortage of friendly acquaintances, from school to the present. he's outgoing and enjoys being the center of attention, which means that he gravitates towards others (because how else is he going to get that attention?), and whenever he has spare time in between training he can usually be found attending parties and society events because he does genuinely enjoy meeting people. he's not particularly "high society" in mannerism, had a very average upbringing, and so he's not inherently the most charming or suave smooth talker by any stretch of the imagination, but he manages to get by on his confidence, and enjoys himself anywhere there are quidditch enthusiasts in a crowd. but he almost always has the expectation that even his friends will admire him and kind of act as yes-men to him - he's unused to being told no or being reacted to negatively. so yes, a lot of casual friends, socialite types maybe or just really chill people who he can be a fun time around (because he does like to have fun and is exuberant and quick enough on his feet to liven up a party when the mood is right) without spending enough time with them for them to inevitably become disillusioned with some of the less sparkling parts of his attitude.

so when it comes to closer friends, the kind who can actually communicate with him on a meaningful level and attempt to steer him right, those would be far fewer, if he truly has any at all, but it'd be a nice thing to explore. he's very independent and is of the opinion that he doesn't mind just a whole ton of acquaintances and drinking/partying buddies, even though those relationships are obviously quite shallow, but it's ultimately quite a lonely existence and it'd probably do him some good to have a couple of really genuine mates. of course, they'd have to deal with his attitude (just a general air of smugness and an expectation things will go his way), love of the limelight, calculated media presence and the fact that his entire life revolves around quidditch - training, diet plans, public appearances, quidditch parties - but his zeal for flying and the unparalleled passion that he has for it might be endearing to some, and beyond that there's some dormant part of him that can be coaxed into caring, albeit with much effort and probably some annoyance. i wouldn't say he's the most amazing friend anyone could ever have, but there's some slight potential for him to be not-completely-terrible, and to learn.

ENEMIES // ali is always looking out for number one. he makes an interesting figure in the media because he talks the talk and walks the walk, but he can come across as incredibly self-absorbed and arrogant in the process, and really, nobody likes a show-off when they're not playing for your team. i imagine his personality, of which he already has...quite a lot...at a young age...can be deeply irritating to some, and if the fact that he always seems at least slightly smug and haughty doesn't do it for you, then his cavalier disregard for the feelings of others and the fact that he should probably only be depended upon if there's literally no other choice available should definitely get the job done. he's always on the lookout for his public image to some extent, which means that he'd probably never get into a brawl or do anything to tarnish his record or mess with his career unless things somehow got really really bad, but that doesn't mean that he won't be a bit of an ass, to be honest, because he's gotten away with it to date.

LOVERS // he's not really one for the quidditch equivalent of the whole wives-and-girlfriends (or boyfriends) thing that happens in muggle sports - tying himself down in any way would involve long considerations about how it looks in the public eye, and honestly first and foremost his great love at the moment is the sport and pushing it to the limit so he doesn't even really have the time. he tried the relationship thing once, to be fair, but he predictably failed quite miserably at it so i think he's really not very inclined to try that sort of thing again any time soon, or maybe ever. after all, can't get hurt or do any hurting if you don't get involved (logic!!!). still, his confidence could...potentially? be attractive to some??? somehow? and he's not above a good ol' one night stand or fling depending on when he's in town and when it works with his schedule, no strings attached, nice and simple.

mehr licht!
THEA AVERY
Entrepreneur

Wand 13

8¾" Walnut, Kneazle Claw
Pureblood Witch | AGE: 26 | 35 POSTS

Hogwarts Alumni (Ravenclaw)
london

Gemini

Heterosexual

Single

1190 ʛ

Aug 1 2017, 10:41 AM

valentin & thea - haha it's hilarious that he hates fake and dishonest people because :') literal queen of fakeness™ over here! also the person currently responsible for his project funding which i'm sure he's thrilled with! it'll be great to see him try to annoy an honest reaction out of her but also may take months of dedication. who better to be the first to achieve it tbh
non tutte le ciambelle riescono col buco
VALENTIN BAUER
Magitechnician

Wand 36

9½" Sycamore, Veela Hair

Durmstrang Alumni
London, England

Scorpio

Heterosexual

Single

1045 ʛ

Aug 4 2017, 04:59 PM

val & thea - hello hello! yesyes i'm glad we talked this out a little already but the general gist: she's fake as hell, he suspects something isn't right in that water, but unfortunately she's also his boss and is bankrolling his lifestyle so he's just going to have to deal. honestly i'm glad that at some point eventually they'll manage to get along, but until then...well, that'll be fun too. looking forward to playing it all out!
mehr licht!
KAZIMIR ALEKSANDROV
Clan Leader / Businessman

Wand 11

10¾" Pine, Cherub Feather
Vampire | AGE: 480 | 44 POSTS

No Alumni
Scottish Highlands

Gemini

Pansexual

Single

1610 ʛ

Aug 6 2017, 02:30 PM

kazimir aleksandrov has been added!
Whoever made up the myth that vampires like to bathe in virgins' blood has clearly never tried to bleach a bathtub.
HAYDEN BUCHANNON
Bartender/Singer/Model

Wand 61

11½" Rowan, Veela Hair
Halfblood Witch | AGE: 22 | 72 POSTS

Ilvermorny Alumni (Wampus)
New Orleans

Virgo

Heterosexual

Single

820 ʛ

Aug 13 2017, 03:19 PM

Okay so let's go with these two first, since you gave me ideas and I kinda formulated a few on my own. Hayden's not Muggle-born but she does have two Squibs for siblings and is half Muggle. So she's pretty in-tune with that side of her family and is actually pretty into their tech, music, movies... you name it. So if he needed a friend that was into some of the same things, well there you have it. Plus the Quidditch thing. She was a Beater for Scotland's team, I'd say she was getting to be pretty well known too before life decided to pull her broom from under her. Was a bit of an adjustment. Maybe he got to meet the team after a game/ran into her before the team had to head off to their next game? Let me know what you think on that one. And if they struck up a friendship of sorts, she's that friend that if he ever was stateside for something and in N'Awlins, she'd have a room at the house to give him. Because friends of hers do not stay in hotels when she has a perfectly good and free room or four...
hayden & valentin

For a vampire... Kaz seriously sounds fun. Which, Hayden sorely needs in her life right now. She works too hard partly to keep her mind busy, and because she wants to make sure her sister's taken care of. My idea I had pop up for them, was she was a regular little socialite when she wasn't playing Quidditch. And I could easily see them at the same parties/events, where she bumped into him and found the fact he's a vampire way too intriguing. The fact he's got a castle in the Highlands doesn't hurt either because somewhere up there her paternal grandparents have something similar even though she's never been, never met them, and probably never will because her dad left them for a reason (former Death Eaters stuck in their beliefs ftw). For a thread with them... maybe he's in NOLA for an event or party, happens to cross paths with her beforehand? I'm super flexible with whatever honestly. Just let me know what sounds good for you!
hayden & kaz
Losing my mind trying to keep track of all the Muggle and magical tech in this house!
VALENTIN BAUER
Magitechnician

Wand 36

9½" Sycamore, Veela Hair

Durmstrang Alumni
London, England

Scorpio

Heterosexual

Single

1045 ʛ

Aug 13 2017, 03:44 PM

HAYDEN BUCHANNON

YESSSS i love these ideas! okay so...

VAL & HAYDEN: this sounds so nice haha! valentin needs some friendships that don't leave him in some form of existential crisis, so having a buddy who just kind of gets it from the outset, that he can chat to about muggle culture and geek out about his technology things to would be really pleasant for him. since he's such a huge quidditch fanboy i feel like he would definitely be the kind of person who would've gone to team meet and greets, maybe it was a scotland v. germany game or something - that could've actually been hilarious bc i bet he would've been all hoity toity and competitive about meeting a ~~~scottish player (ew) before realising that she's the beater and then just being really excited because he used to play that too at durmstrang. and then, admiration at her being good enough to make a national team, because i think in his heart of hearts if he hadn't been so deadset on his weird magitech thing he would've wanted to do something similar. so if they became friends through that avenue he would've been absolutely GUTTED when she had to stop. i bet he'd stop by all the time to catch up w her when he's out stateside for his tech conferences, because for all that he's a stubborn little butthead sometimes when he manages to make friends it's the real deal. plus obviously she'd have all the best food and beer recommendations. let me know if you want to do something w them, be it text or thread! i'm always down.

KAZ & HAYDEN: you have no idea how delighted he will be by this wee half-scottish lassie, honestly. being that he's so ever-present on the social scene he gets a bit bored by the norm, so i feel like if they first met while she was still playing quidditch for scotland he would've noticed an american accent and been like yes......very interesting. and then would've just been even more delighted when she a) turned out to also be scottish and B) was really interested in his vamp-y-ness, because there is really nothing that kaz loves more than talking about himself. except maybe living life to the absolute extremes of excess. i feel like he enjoys new orleans a lot, really loves its unique character and vibrant scene, plus he has contacts all over so it's feasible he was invited to a party and would see her there and just be rapturously happy to see her. also of course she gets an invite to the castle whenever she likes, so long as she wouldn't be a bit squicked out by the combination of VERY VERY tartan highland decor and VERY VERY transylvanian dracula chic. and, you know, the fact that other vampires are always chilling out there.

mehr licht!
HAYDEN BUCHANNON
Bartender/Singer/Model

Wand 61

11½" Rowan, Veela Hair
Halfblood Witch | AGE: 22 | 72 POSTS

Ilvermorny Alumni (Wampus)
New Orleans

Virgo

Heterosexual

Single

820 ʛ

Aug 13 2017, 04:07 PM

Hayden can totally geek out with him over everything regarding Muggle culture, and of course technology. The woman juggles a bag full of both magical and nonmagical tech all the time, because of how she's basically got one foot in the Muggle world because of her sister (and brother but primarily sister right now), and one foot in the Wizarding world because it's her world and she loves it too much to totally give it up. Lol, I see friendly rivals between the two of them when it comes to Quidditch. Where they rib the hell out of each other during games and even otherwise, but it's all in good fun. I think Val might actually get the full reason why she gave it up. Everyone else? Gets a vague reason, but I get the vibe he'd get the truth. As far as him stopping by all the time, he has a standing invitation to one of the spare rooms when he comes. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. She'd definitely introduce him to all the good places to get beer and food and then there's the good home cooking she could shove his way too that she learned from her maternal grandmother and great-grandmother. I definitely want to do something with them! Maybe he's in town for a conference and stops by?
hayden & val

Hayden's got that rich and adorable Southern drawl, but uses some British slang. So I imagine she amuses quite a few people with that. And then proceeds to blow their mind when she can drop the Southern accent and adopt a perfect Scottish one. Hay's pretty intrigued by him that's for sure, so long as he doesn't feed on her she's good. She'd have fun listening to him probably, and the fact he's nearly 500? Can you say mind blown! I think for the party scene, if she's there as anything other than maybe a bartender or with a band for entertainment it'd be rare. Life's still exciting but not so much in a socialite way for her these days. If she's there as "hired help" I'm pretty sure she might try to duck Kaz, because of how she's kinda rolled downhill from the days when she originally met him. I think she's a little concerned how people from that time would see her. As far as the castle decor? Oh. My. God, she'd find it amusing. Sort of a "I see what you did with this and I would've done the same thing" kinda deal. She'd again, be cool with the other vamppires as long as she stayed off the menu. She needs all of her blood where it belongs to keep up with a vibrant eight year old sister after all.
hayden & kaz

VALENTIN BAUER
Losing my mind trying to keep track of all the Muggle and magical tech in this house!
VALENTIN BAUER
Magitechnician

Wand 36

9½" Sycamore, Veela Hair

Durmstrang Alumni
London, England

Scorpio

Heterosexual

Single

1045 ʛ

Aug 13 2017, 04:34 PM

HAYDEN BUCHANNON

YESSSS i love these ideas! okay so...

VAL & HAYDEN: her being that into her many varieties of tech would be excellent because she'd know that she always has a tech guy who's handy with both the magical and muggle technologies and could fix her stuff for free or get her swag bags of the latest things from his conferences! having someone to joke around with would also be great, since you know that german sense of humour, so deadpan and observational - he needs to actually use it every now and then. he'd be saddened but understanding if he ever did learn the truth - after all, what she's doing makes perfect sense from a practicality point of view which is how he operates, but that doesn't mean it's not a shame. he makes a surprisingly good listener, maybe because he's not that great a talker, but he'd be there for whatever she wanted to discuss! threading them when he drops by for a conference sounds fab, i can get something started and shoot you the link!

KAZ & HAYDEN: THE ADORABLE SOUTHERN DRAWL! that is simply too good, he'll love it, and just be uproariously amused by the perfect scottish accent. i think that since he mostly learned english in scotland he also speaks it with a scottish accent by now, which is funny because of course he is also russian as fuck, name and all. thankfully kaz abides by the policy that people he likes, even if he does only like them in his weird kaz-kile way, are not to be treated as food, and that protection also extends to instructing his clan not to eat them either, so she'd be good on that front! he'd probably tell her so in a creepy-charming way like "haha i like you too much to eat you, trust me, if i didn't, i probably already would have! hahaha!" but he means well...i think. he can tell her all the fun stories of the highland wars and everything that he lived firsthand - but ooh, yes, it might actually be interesting if she tries to give him the slip, because if he did spot her he'd be all miffed and sulky like "are you avoiding ME? MEEEE?" and just be his dramatic and self-indulgent self about it, honestly. which i would find amusing, but i'm not sure hayden would be thrilled HAHA. it could be fun to thread out though!

mehr licht!
ZAHRAH RENSHAW
Shop Owner

Wand 61

10¾" Chestnut, Salamander Tail
Half Fae | AGE: 21 | 24 POSTS

Hogwarts Alumni (Ravenclaw)
Hogsmeade

Taurus

Lesbian

Single

855 ʛ

Aug 20 2017, 10:43 AM

zahrah & kaz -
zahrah .0001 of a second after she meets kazimir: doubles locks her windows and doors, sets up a holy water fountain in her back garden, hangs a silver cross in her doorway, has nightmares about being bitten for like 10 days straight
lmao help i feel like if he ever actually goes into her shop someday she will literally. flat out. refuse him business. and probably get a huge fine for it which she will be SO MAD about. but i'm sorry kaz just gives her the creeps, at least i'm sure he's enjoying the whole thing??
anyone in need of racing brooms? like, a lot of them?
CASSIUS BANCROFT
Dementor Hunter

Wand 55

11" Maple, Leprechaun Hair
Pureblood Wizard | AGE: 29 | 43 POSTS

Ilvermorny Alumni (Thunderbird)
Manhattan, New York

Leo

Heterosexual

Single

1530 ʛ

Aug 27 2017, 04:57 PM

KAZ & ZAHRAH: honestly he won't understand what the whole big deal about, i mean he only wants to eat her a little bit, not THAT much, like maybe a little nibble only. it's not his fault that she's half fae and he's partial to her blood! he will probably stop by her shop as often as possible just to elicit a reaction from her, because he's the ultimate almost-500 year old troll and that's just the life that he lives at this point. hope she's ready for a vampire who's her biggest fan to make her life a joyous one!
ZAHRAH RENSHAW

also, cassius bancroft has been added!

If you were a Dementor, I'd become a criminal just to get your kiss. ;]
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply