SEPTEMBER OCT NOV DEC

RULES

PLOT

THE APP

WANTED

HOUSING

CLAIMS

ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!

Add Reply

Sunflowers For Hands, bee's - zahrah, thea, & finley
ZAHRAH RENSHAW
Shop Owner

Wand 61

10¾" Chestnut, Salamander Tail
Half Fae | AGE: 21 | 24 POSTS

Hogwarts Alumni (Ravenclaw)
Hogsmeade

Taurus

Lesbian

Single

855 ʛ

Jul 8 2017, 09:19 AM

don't trust the moon
zahrahrenshaw

half-fae

british malaysian

herbology + potions

ravenclaw alumni

lesbian

vegan

pianist

secret showtunes enthusiast

awkward introvert

stubborn

plants over people

credit for graphic

here's zahrah - zee, Z, spell it like zara and she probably won't even bother to correct you. she used to be quite the problem child, being the illegitimate child of her father, an accomplished herbologist, and a fae he met while on a research trip in malaysia. with a woman raising her that wasn't exactly her mother and two siblings that were only half related to her, zahrah grew up feeling aliented, frustrated, angry with the world, a difficult classmate and just... a difficult person in general. the world had wronged her, she felt, and she wanted to wrong it right back.

that's all in the past, though - in the last years since graduation zahrah has lived in her fae mother's community in malaysia, finally coming to terms with her roots and all the ways they made her different. she came out of that experience a vegan, less nasty and combative towards the world but still a bit quick to anger, and a lot more at peace.

with herself, anyway. she's yet to figure out how to deal with other people - they make her nervous, the smallest social interactions leave her irritable and drained of energy, and really she'd just like to be left alone, please, to grow her little garden and maybe even start running her own shop in her older half-brother's absence. zahrah now lives in the apartment above what used to be the racing brooms shop in hogsmeade; her plan is to give it a total makeover and make it a potions and herbology shop where she'll sell the plants she grows herself and the potions she brews with them.

friends won't be many, but the few that do somehow manage to befriend zahrah are going to be quite close. her... well, everything, doesn't really encourage people to come up to her and start a conversation - or, if they do, continue that conversation past zahrah sighing and rolling her eyes like they are of the greatest inconvenience. she has what you'd call a resting bitch face and she prefers it that way, because she just really, really enjoys being left alone. and not spoken to. and not bothered. ever. she likes her privacy and her quiet way too much to give it up for just anyone. a few ways to (very begrudgingly) win zahrah over is to talk herbology with her, give her vegan ice cream, and be nice to her recently adopted black great dane (perhaps easier said than done, because that thing is a monster in size and strength, which is exactly why she picked him). with her close friends she's protective, loyal, and slightly less of a sarcastic asshole. (but not much.)

enemies could be several, though they would almost all be from her hogwarts days, when she actually went out of her way to piss people off just so she could share all that anger inside of her. i'd love to have a few from back then who meet her now and refuse to buy her "act" of being a calmer, if not nicer then at least not as intentionally nasty person. these days zahrah just... doesn't care enough to get on anyone's bad side - it's too much effort and she has better things to do - so any enemies she makes now will be because her sarcasm, constant eye rolling, and general i-don't-give-a-shit attitude rub someone the wrong way. and it's bound to!

romance uh, if you thought zahrah's awkward and avoidant when it comes to normal day-to-day interactions, she is absolutely hopeless - terrified - anxiously looking for escape routes - when it comes to romance. if a girl ever actually tried to flirt with her zahrah would probably just go wide-eyed mute for a full hour. she's not entirely inexperienced, she's just very... very uncomfortable around people, not to mention pretty girls? anyway it's very open and i'm all for hearing cute ideas to make this lil lesbian awkward to death :')

others would be clients, or her family - i have a want ad up for her half-brother right here if you're interested in taking a look!

tell you all my best lies
theaavery

italian

slytherin ravenclaw alum

(secret) purium member

social

self-serving

control issues

manipulative

inquisitive

prejudiced

power hungry

morally....grey

credit for graphic

if there's one single thing you need to know about thea, is that she asked the sorting hat to put her in ravenclaw instead of slytherin so that no one would automatically suspect her of any suspicious motives (which would've been correct), and if requesting not to be in slytherin isn't literally the most slytherin thing on this planet then idk what is.

anyway, that's thea for you - girl's the definition of sly, and on a normal day she says only around 10% of what's on her mind, and what she does say is so carefully constructed and calculated that there's not much truth left in it - not necessarily a lie but not genuine by any stretch of the word, either. at hogwarts she was the friendliest face around, always ready to lend a helping hand, a star student and head girl in her last year, because she was just so nice! and helpful! and responsible! that the staff couldn't think of a better choice than her. and she was all those things, they didn't get that wrong, but it was all pretty much a farce to insinuate herself into positions of authority and maintain her good-girl image. truth is, she couldn't - can't - care about any interests that aren't her own, she just chooses a nicer, no-burning-any-bridges way to go about it.

her family moved back to italy a couple of years after thea graduated, and there, having a good head for numbers and that particular politician-smoothness, she got a degree in magi-political economy and started running the books for the purium's branch in italy, headed by her own family. her role in it isn't public knowledge, though, and she's as disconnected from the reality of it as they come - it's all just numbers to her, the purist agenda is not her concern and also not really up her alley, to be honest, but she does so love the power that comes with it.

clients/business partners would be great - thea has been running her own non profit in milan for years now, focused on supporting young artists as they find their way and funding local galleries and museums. she's a lover of the arts and extremely generous with her funds lmao, and as soon as she settles in the uk she's going to establish a branch of her organization right in london, so if you have any artistically-inclined characters that need a place to work or money to back up their projects, hit her up! also she's recently become interested in magitech, so she may just invest in a few of those projects as well.

friends would be many - thea is extremely easy to befriend, chatty and social and good-natured, known for her fondness of lavish parties and rubbing elbows with all the right people. she's an awful lot of fun, she'll listen to your problems, she'll lend you some money, she'll even bake you a cake. why wouldn't you want to be her friend? ...or, rather, an acquaintance that she's nice to for purely strategic reasons. not that anyone can tell the difference. (becoming an actual friend - someone she values and trusts enough to be able to speak her mind, no holds barred and no ulterior motives involved - now, that's a slightly rarer thing.)

enemies aren't something thea is in the habit of making, but things don't always go as planned. maybe you don't like her over-the-top lifestyle, maybe you've heard her say something unintentionally offensive about blood purity (though it's out of ignorance, not malicious intent, really), maybe you just don't buy into her image at all, idk. you can hate her, but good luck trying to get the same in return - she'll stay just as nice and polite as always, if not even more so.

as for romance, thea's a huge flirt and hardly above using it to get what she wants. lots of one night stands, short-lived flings, exactly zero strings attached, please - she'll be kind about it, but she's not about to tie herself down with anyone in the foreseeable future.

looking up for heaven
finleymunro
19/34

scottish

gryffindor alum

(young) vampire

vampire rights activist

trusting

kind

energetic

scattered

sentimental

idealistic

ex pro quidditch player

naive?

the first thing to know about finley is that while she looks barely past her teens, she's been a vampire for about 15 years - which means that, yes, she was a toddler through the second wizarding war, where her mother defended hogwarts against her blood purity obsessed family and died at the hands of her own infamously death eater brothers. if you were wondering where finley got that idealistic gleam in her eyes, the passion to stand firm for what she believes in, there you have it - she's your classic born-and-bred gryffindor.

she was raised on the remote shores of a sparsely inhabited island in scotland, befriending wild animals in lieu of friends (...or any other human beings) under the care of her muggle father, which may explain why she's so eager and chatty in social situations. if you're in the company of people rather than deer, you make the best of it, okay. she even has a two year long professional quidditch career in her distant, human past, her role as a pride of portree chaser inevitably lost to her when she mysteriously disappeared, never to be officially heard from again.

it's usually a shock to find out about finley's... ah, undead circumstances - she has a sort of youthful hope about her that doesn't usually fit with the magical community's preconceived notions about vampires, and she utilizes it to spread awareness and acceptance of wizards and witches like her. if she's not busy organizing rallies or scraping together money to fund her galleons-less activist life, finnie's probably out exploring the country or baking shortbread, because living on blood absolutely does not mean one has to give up her insane sweet tooth.

when it comes to friends, fin is bound to have an assortment of acquaintances, since she's really just. an undead chatterbox. she's friendly towards anyone at first meeting, believing most people have good intentions unless she's given a reason to think otherwise. finley's honestly shameless when it comes to striking up a conversation and if allowed, she could talk for hours - it's probably best not to let her run free like that, though, because she has inexhaustible amounts of energy. it's not a vampire thing or anything, she's just severely hyperactive. that and activism talk are two basic things anyone who interacts with fin will have to deal with.

she'd need a tighter bunch of close friends, too - maybe like-minded individuals who share her couchsurfing, squatting activist lifestyle, maybe people she can drag along with her on her many, many hikes through the country - they'd be the ones she trusts the most, especially with her history, the ones she'd very literally stick her neck out for. also ones who'd have to be willing to give her a spare bed in sunlight-proof room, because whatever funds she manages to get are always put towards the vampire rights movement rather than her own apartment. (a steady supply of baked goods is an added perk, jsyk!)

fin hopes enemies won't be abundant, but the things she stands for are bound to earn her a fair amount. i imagine business owners and ministry employees don't have a lot of love for silent protests outside their workplace, especially led by a group of creatures just about anyone would find intimidating. she makes no apologies for what she's trying to achieve, and that's assimilation of vampires into the magical communities in a way that isn't only on paper, upheld by laws a lot of wizards and witches still find a way to ignore. she's also just as likely to denounce vampires who break the laws she feels they have to be bound by to be accepted as equals rather than predators, like not feeding on unwilling humans, so other vampires as enemies isn't a stretch either.
also, you don't even have to disagree with finley's ideas to dislike her - she is, as mentioned, an undead chatterbox. be it fear, prejudice, or simply preferring peace and quiet, it's not hard to see her on anyone's bad side. as for her own bad side, that usually comes with betraying her (usually naive) trust, but really you should be more worried about the unavoidable fact of appearing on her vampire sire's blacklist. finley may be soft, but kazimir aleksandrov won't be.

romance - speaking of betrayals, fin probably holds some kind of record in this department. maybe it's her isolated childhood, but every time, she just... doesn't know where to place her trust, or her admiration, or her love. homegirl fell in love with a vampire at the age of 19 and thought they were going to live happily ever after, until the guy took ever after much too literally and tried to turn her into a vampire against her will. so she's distrustful and careful with who she lets into her heart, you'd think, but - no. fin's just as careless and quick to become infatuated as she used to be, and all having been hurt so severely in the past means, is that going through heartbreak again is worse than it has any right to be. in her defense, she hasn't really had a chance to grow up and out of her twenties. mentally she's still learning to make bad decisions... lots of them... so i'm super open to ideas. like, have mercy on her extremely fragile mental state, but also don't, you know??

others could be anyone finley has met through her sire, kazimir, in the years she spent living in his castle in the highlands and following him like a particularly weepy shadow, or maybe in the years after she realized his line of work didn't coincide with her beliefs and left to pursue her own agenda. also anyone who's been willing to employ her for some badly needed money - she works odd jobs, things that don't require her to be out during the day, like the occasional bouncer job at mischief managed or a temp position deep in the bowels of the arcanum. anything that pays legitimate cash, fin's likely up for it. i'm open to any and all plots tbh!

anyone in need of racing brooms? like, a lot of them?
EIRLYS WEASLEY
Healer Trainee

Wand 48
8½" Willow, Salamander Tail
Half Fae | AGE: 21 | 7 POSTS

London, England

Capricorn

Pansexual

Single

530 ʛ

Jul 8 2017, 09:57 AM

Zahrah and Eirlys: Both of them are half-fae, both 21, and both Ravenclaw Alumni... it is 100% likely that these two know each other at least in some aspect of life. That being said, while it appears Zee takes her social anxieties and kind of turns brash and unapproachable (is that the word to use?) Eirlys takes her shyness and social anxieties in a more quiet and accepting route. She doesn't know how to be social without feeling awkward and she doesn't know how to branch out either. But she wants it and now more than in school she is trying. Now, because of how similar they are they are likely probably school friends. And in all actuality pretty close. I could see them in school kind of sitting in corners reading quietly to themselves with each other... and kind of bonding from there and just through the years growing stronger. So she might not had seen Zee as brash as she is at first considering it was probably a slow burn and she wouldn't do anything to step on her toes. Not to mention I think it would just be precious for these socially awkward half fae kids to be close and figuring out the world together. Eirlys is still pretty nervous about the stigma behind half-breeds... but her family has been so warm and open that she isn't so scared as she is anxious of what others think. So maybe with Zee's new outlook on life and her connection with her fae blood, Eirlys can kind of help nurture that and in turn they kind of nurture each other's fears? I might be a bit off base there xD

ANYWAY! I know you said you were going to throw plots at me so feel free to add and subtract away! I'd love to hear what your thoughts were too <3

ZAHRAH RENSHAW
Shop Owner

Wand 61

10¾" Chestnut, Salamander Tail
Half Fae | AGE: 21 | 24 POSTS

Hogsmeade

Taurus

Lesbian

Single

855 ʛ

Jul 8 2017, 02:43 PM

eirlys and zahrah: omg ok. so. what i think is they went through all these different stages in their relationship before finally settling on friendship, because there is no way that past!zahrah just let someone be friends with her, just like that, without giving them hell first - eirlys wouldn't have had to actually provoke her for zahrah to have been nasty to her at first tbh. and actually just eirlys being eirlys would've been enough to annoy zahrah to no end, like, she's just... good... and seemingly at peace with her fae half... and lots of things that zahrah herself could never hope to be, which in the past would've sparked a vindictive kind of jealousy in her, i think?

so it started out like that, but then as time went by zahrah found herself sort of gravitating towards eirlys, still snarky and pretending like she didn't want to be near her, it's just a coincidence, but being there anyway, like if one of the classes they're in together had to split into teams of two zahrah's just like "whatever i guess we'll work together but it's only because everyone else here sucks at this subject so shut up..... and also i'm in charge", then finding other reasons to hang out together, and one day waking up and realized that she actually really started to value eirlys as a friend and what the hell when did that happen rip zee

so by the end of school they were probably super super close!! like. eirlys i think would've been one of very select few in their year in hogwarts who could say they've seen zahrah displaying an emotion that is not "pissed off" lmao, and because eirlys is... the person she is, zahrah was def at some point her unofficial bodyguard/general defender against anyone that so much as raised a judgmental eyebrow in her direction (and as such has probably threatened several student lives :') ).

and then... she kind of poofed. to malaysia. for 4 years. i think the only communication they would've had in that time is a yearly "hello i'm still alive" sort of signal and that's it so it'll be really interesting to see what their relationship is like now that zahrah's unexpectedly back! c: i love the idea of them being like supportive of each others' roots and connections to nature, that's something they both need in their lives tbh, but before that maybe some "i kinda left without warning and now i'm back without warning as well and that was probably shitty of me and maybe you don't even want to be my friend anymore so i'm going to be awkward af until we straighten things out oops" first?? ok this reply is way too long i'm sorry i'm gonna go now but i'd love to plan some threading for this relationship!!!

anyone in need of racing brooms? like, a lot of them?
OLLIE-JAY WOOD
Aurologist

Wand 61

10¼" Walnut, Werewolf Fang
Halfblood Wizard | AGE: 27 | 42 POSTS

Hogwarts Alumni (Gryffindor)
Bristol, England

Taurus

Pansexual

Single

725 ʛ

Jul 26 2017, 06:38 PM

doohhhhohoho! XD omg i love ALL of that! ollie LOVES bugging people about his love of ghosts, ESPECIALLY the non-believers. it's always playful, though, like he doesn't intentionally want to upset people. he just loves his ghosties http://i.imgur.com/AGnOMy2.png so 100000000% yes! i am so down for all of this!

and i bet he's explained to her stuff that's happened on his missions like "so i got blasted by this ghostly goo???? and it makes my hands really dry, do you have any cream i can use that helps with ectoplasmic discharge? .....no i promise, it's a real thing!" XDDD

[softly but with a lot of feeling] what the fuck
THEA AVERY
Entrepreneur

Wand 13

8¾" Walnut, Kneazle Claw
Pureblood Witch | AGE: 26 | 35 POSTS

london

Gemini

Heterosexual

Single

1190 ʛ

Jul 29 2017, 08:41 PM

thea has been added to the shipper! c:
non tutte le ciambelle riescono col buco
TALON MONTAGUE
Dragonologist

Wand 4

10" Blackthorn, Dragon Heartstring
Pureblood Wizard | AGE: 28 | 27 POSTS

Manchester

Gemini

Heterosexual

Single

1090 ʛ

Aug 9 2017, 03:38 PM

talon & THEA AVERY so, lemme give the short list of imp. pts. and why these two should know each other -

+ shared house

+ shared blood status

+ similarity in age

+ inquisitive natures

+ similar social circles as purebloods

now, with my short list there. i see that these two could've been childhood friends and he's well aware of how clever and cunning she is. he likes those traits and he's not bothered by them because he's clever himself. not in the slightest put off by that in someone else. he also appreciates her refinement and charisma, though he's not easily deceived by facades. i imagine these two can have a contentious relationship, frenemies maybe. love/hate, whatever. not to mention, his cat is named thea and i think he'd be such a snot and reminder her periodically just to be contrary. anyway, i think this can be really fun! c: let me know if you've any ideas and want to thread.

The answer is always no.
THEA AVERY
Entrepreneur

Wand 13

8¾" Walnut, Kneazle Claw
Pureblood Witch | AGE: 26 | 35 POSTS

london

Gemini

Heterosexual

Single

1190 ʛ

Aug 13 2017, 05:24 PM

talon & thea - yes pls childhood friends!! talon was definitely the ~older and cooler kid that thea used to be in awe of as a kid herself, it would even make sense that hanging around him during their formative years is why she now has such a deep appreciation for art - not that she would ever tell him that, because i can see what you mean about that love/hate vibe lmao
i think thea harbors some old jealousy/resentment for talon because he was an older ravenclaw and effortlessly better than her in his studies and had this like. ice cold confidence that she, as a teen just growing into her own particular charisma with plenty of secret insecurities, would've wanted for herself so bad it probably made her hate him :') except not actual hatred, because i do think that they should be (and have been) friends, but! yes definitely a complicated type of friendship.

their school days are long past by now, though, so all that jealousy is not as toxic as it used to be (she's like... 80% over it ok, especially after his accident) but she'll probably still find herself privately comparing herself to talon and competing with him over the tiniest things. they'd have soooo many arguments omg?? like i'm sure he knows her well enough and long enough by this point that he can tell when she's being false, sometimes it annoys her and sometimes she just makes a game out of it, seeing how long it takes for him to call her out on her bullshit and then being like HAHA true that was fake af. because she already knows and has accepted the fact that talon sees beyond what she puts up for everyone thea would feel a lot more at ease around him so they would have a kind of honesty between them that she usually doesn't get with most people. and she would ABSOLUTELY tell him, at least once a day, that him naming his cat thea is a sign of OBSESSION and VAGUELY STALKERISH, TALON, if you want me around so much you can just ask, geez, you don't have to get a pet with my literal name. and whenever cat!thea hisses and scratches at him, human!thea is just absolutely delighted like yes, my namesake!!!! keep it up!!!

i'm trying not to ramble too much but ALSO super important, because she's a sort of patron of the arts, they should cooperate on art stuff like gallery openings and stuff you know?? (and have SO many fights abt it l o l like thea being bossy about it and talon taking none of her shit probably)

TALON MONTAGUE

non tutte le ciambelle riescono col buco
TALON MONTAGUE
Dragonologist

Wand 4

10" Blackthorn, Dragon Heartstring
Pureblood Wizard | AGE: 28 | 27 POSTS

Manchester

Gemini

Heterosexual

Single

1090 ʛ

Aug 15 2017, 12:15 PM

Yayyyy! I love of all this - this kind of combustible, contentiousness is everything. Childhood friends, check. Little feuds, check. Professional associates, check. Teasing him about the cat, check check! I like the idea of a gallery opening a great deal. Here's a text thread for them to get started and get the ball rolling, so to speak. Here we go! (i apologize in advance for him.)
The answer is always no.
PIPPA YAXLEY
Secretary

Wand 61

11" Rosewood, Hippogriff Talon
Pureblood Witch | AGE: 22 | 10 POSTS

Hogwarts Alumni (Slytherin)
London

Capricorn

Heterosexual

Single

580 ʛ

Sep 7 2017, 06:19 PM

Oh honey.

thea & pippa:

sacred 28s. (Secret) Purium Members with influential Parents (Her dad helps run London's Branch or whatever.. she just does what he tells her to do).

So Pippa joined Perium per her father's pushing. Basically she is kinda like fake dating Leon Prentiss. They were linked up a long time ago, actually we are threading their first mission/spy objective now lol. So Thea and Pippa obviously know each other from school, Pippa is like Thea's little sister, I'm thinking. They might go and do missions together sometimes when Leon has his life to lead. Thea would be like Pippa's diary, I can just see it now...

we gotta thread them lmao. sorry this is short, but i know you feel me.

THEA AVERY

really need to go to sleep... but looking like you've been up all night is in style.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Add Reply