Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
ADD REPLY

"bush Boy", closed Tibby
+ London, England
+ Gemini
+ Heterosexual
+ Complicated
TRISTAN RAVENSCROFT
Healer Trainee
*** Pureblood Wizard | AGE: 19 | 92 POSTS
Wand 61

11" Willow, Phoenix Feather
NET WORTH: 1767 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Hufflepuff) alternative text
Apr 17 2018, 10:20 PM
Tristan was trying to get away from the other kids, trying to get away from the taunts, from the jeers, and well, from the kids throwing things at him too, when he got thrown into a bush by an older boy who shouted at him, calling him a fairy for being sorted into Hufflepuff, as a pureblood boy, and Tris didn't say anything about it, he just tried harder to move away from the crowd.

The other kids kept on with their jeers, and Tristan whimpered and pushed himself away some more, hiding into the bush, listening to the crowd move away a few feet, as if trying to make him come back out of the bush again, still making fun of him, calling him "Bush Boy" now, and when they moved away from him some more, he started to cry, and put his head in his hands.

THIBAULT CHEVALIER
She can't be dying...
+ Paris // London
+ Pisces
+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
THIBAULT CHEVALIER
TV Personality
*** Half Veela | AGE: 22 | 98 POSTS
Wand 11

8¾" Rosewood, Veela Hair
NET WORTH: 2010 ʛ
No Alumni alternative text
Apr 17 2018, 10:27 PM
"Don't listen to that guy, Tris."A thirteen year old Thibault tried to encourage his friend, lending a hand to get out of the bush, "He probably had nothing better to do in his life, than mess with people like us."

He knew that had his mom kept her maiden name, he'd have the same fate. Alas, he was too lucky. He feared to think about what people would do if they'd known he was a Rosier- the Last Rosier. His great grandfather died in a blaze of glory, choosing death instead of imprisonment in Azkaban. However, on his father's side, had the pressures of being a literal and actual prince- riding horses, knowing classical literature and the history of politics. Things he didn't really care to know, but it was drilled into him like European cotillion.

"Reid'll graduate and be done with us soon enough. Just know you're not alone in this."

He sweetly tried to smile, and turned to glare at the group cackling away. Sighing, he shook his head and prayed that one day- things would be different. Hufflepuff was just as respectable a house as any, but some traditions never died.

TRISTAN RAVENSCROFT

Wondering if I should get a haircut or work the man-bun?
+ London, England
+ Gemini
+ Heterosexual
+ Complicated
TRISTAN RAVENSCROFT
Healer Trainee
Wand 61

Apr 17 2018, 10:41 PM
Tibby tried to tell Tristan not to listen to that guy, that he had nothing better to do than to mess with people like them, that Reid would graduate soon and be done with them soon enough, but to Tris, it WASN'T soon enough... "T... Tibby... I... I HATE this...." Tristan said, the word hate, louder than all the others, as he trembled, and clung to Tibby's hand as he lent it to the first year to get out of the bush.

Tristan wasn't sure why the other kids even CARED what house he was sorted into, why they would even try to hurt him as they were doing. He also didn't want to know the answer to those things either, and he hated it, hated himself, hated who he was and the fact that he was a Ravenscroft...

He thought about Lily and how if they ever married, he would wish more than anything to take HER name instead of for her to take his... He didn't want to be a Ravenscroft, not one little bit.

Tibby said that he wasn't alone in this, and despite knowing that, he still felt completely alone in the world...

THIBAULT CHEVALIER
She can't be dying...
+ Paris // London
+ Pisces
+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
THIBAULT CHEVALIER
TV Personality
Wand 11

8¾" Rosewood, Veela Hair
Apr 17 2018, 10:48 PM
"And you should hate this. You deserve to hate this," Tibby pitied his friend and dusted off his robes, "I'm sure one day we're going to be very healthy people with a lot to live for. And blood may or may not play into the whole plan."

He blinked, trying to shake the fear that things might get worse with time- but it wasn't the place to do that. Now was a time to be comforting, sensitive, and sympathetic. Thibault had always seemed to gloss by bullies because of his unknown status, but also the gaggle of pretty girls that seemed to follow him due to his Veela charm. He never asked to be handsome, but it definitely was causing some kind of shift, especially during puberty.

Bullies didn't want to mess with people who knew all the girls, in fact, he'd been asked what his secret was- by those who were particularly mean in Slytherin House. The only thing that he was inclined to reply with was "genes? and you know- a smile?" It was a very straightforward answer, but he couldn't help the effect he had on others. The only other thing he could do was to prove himself worthy of respect other than in the looks department. Thankfully, he wasn't reliant on being vain.

TRISTAN RAVENSCROFT

+ London, England
+ Gemini
+ Heterosexual
+ Complicated
TRISTAN RAVENSCROFT
Healer Trainee
Wand 61

Apr 17 2018, 11:07 PM
Tibby had agreed with him, that he'd deserved to hate this, Tris just wished that the other kids thought like Tibby had... But then, Tibby knew the REAL Tristan while the other kids didn't have a clue what he'd gone through at home, before even coming to school.

Tris hated that it was started to feel like school wouldn't be a safe place for him either, and he hated that even more. Hated himself even more.

"I... I'm just.... I'm ME, and I can't HELP that... So I was sorted into Hufflepuff, So WHAT?" He trembled. "So... what's the big issue?" Tristan curled up into himself, fear on his face as he tried to get the dust and dirt off his robes, now that he was standing up again. Tibby also dusted off his robes, and spoke on, that he was sure that one day they would be very healthy people with a lot to live for, that blood may or may not play into it all. Tris wondered if he was right...

THIBAULT CHEVALIER

She can't be dying...
+ Paris // London
+ Pisces
+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
THIBAULT CHEVALIER
TV Personality
Wand 11

8¾" Rosewood, Veela Hair
Apr 17 2018, 11:13 PM
"Exactly, it shouldn't be an issue and it's their fault for making it seem bigger than it is. Being a Hufflepuff isn't bad at all- if I recall reading history the other day, besides Harry Potter, Cedric Diggory was the true chosen Tri-Wizard Hogwarts Champion." He sighed and dusted more off his friend's robes, "I swear when I'm Minister of Magic someday, I'm going to want to make a change, if Royce doesn't do it already."

Royce was Thibault's older brother who seemed like the definition of perfection. He was a student at Eastwick, studying to be an Auror before wanting to retire that position to do more administrative work for the Ministry and eventually work up the ranks to be Minister. He was well liked, tall, fiercely talented, and driven to be the best. His stepfather, Eliott, couldn't have been prouder.

Tibby always wondered if he was supposed to follow in those footsteps or create his own path, but politics was so interesting. He looked forward to be working with the International Magical Cooperation some day, seeing the world and eating cakes. Unlike most younger siblings, he didn't cower in his brother's shadow, but saw Royce as a role model for all.

TRISTAN RAVENSCROFT

+ London, England
+ Gemini
+ Heterosexual
+ Complicated
TRISTAN RAVENSCROFT
Healer Trainee
Wand 61

Apr 17 2018, 11:29 PM
Tristan sniffled and tried some more to wipe off the dirt all over him, which he hated, as he nodded to Tibby's words "Wh... Why do they even CARE what house I'm in? My parents, whatever, but why do these other kids even CARE?" he asked, still crying, despite trying harder than ever to stop.

He couldn't be caught crying, he couldn't...

Could he?

But he was...

Hufflepuff wasn't bad, in fact, Tristan truly loved being in that house, most of the time. The people seemed nice, mostly, apart from the few people from his house that were in the crowd of people... Tris shivered.

He wanted to know more about Cedric Diggory, Harry Potter and well anything and everything he could, as usual, but he wasn't sure he could speak of that right now, he wanted more than anything to not be him, and if perhaps he was to fall into someone else's life, maybe he'd be okay? He made his mind to ask Tibby more about Cedric and Harry and the Tournement, later...

Or he could ask now...

Tibby dusted off more of his robes which gave Tristan a chance to speak. "You want to be Minister? And... And what sort of change? And... Tibby? Tell me more about Cedric and Harry and the Tournament?"

THIBAULT CHEVALIER
She can't be dying...
+ Paris // London
+ Pisces
+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
THIBAULT CHEVALIER
TV Personality
Wand 11

8¾" Rosewood, Veela Hair
Apr 17 2018, 11:41 PM
Tibby was very perceptive for his age- at thirteen, he'd even made it in the beginning stages of puberty. His mind was also able to dawn at daunting topics, and more serious matters like this one.

"I think they care because they're scared." He paused, "That makes zero sense, but they're scared perhaps.... of not being as powerful in the eyes of other people? So they need to take it out on us now. They're just power hungry people who probably feel a complex and need to make up for it somehow."

Thibault listened to Tris' barricade of questions and didn't know where to start first. There was so much to share on his end about his dreams, but was also surprised that Tris didn't already know the story about Cedric and Harry Potter and the Tri-Wizard Tournament, it was a stain on the tradition as being one of the most recent fatalities and the first rumor that Voldemort had come back.

"Yeah, I do. Maybe. Someday it'll happen. My stepdad already does and my older brother want to, and they're well respected people. I'd get to travel, and help other people. The biggest change would probably make more safe laws in schools. There isn't any protection for us, being bullied at school- like, where are the Professors?" He gestured around them, with no adult to discipline the gaggle of Slytherins from this violence, "I'm surprised you don't know this story. I know it and I was born in France. Long story short, Cedric Diggory, from our House, was chosen as Hogwarts' Champion for the Tri-Wizard Tournament, a dangerous competition for fame and glory, and Harry Potter, Lily's Dad, was chosen too- but it was rigged, so he had to compete was well, but Cedric was first. And he didn't have to cheat or lie or steal to make it to the third task..." Deep breath.

TRISTAN RAVENSCROFT

+ London, England
+ Gemini
+ Heterosexual
+ Complicated
TRISTAN RAVENSCROFT
Healer Trainee
Wand 61

Apr 19 2018, 12:03 AM
"Th.... they're SCARED? Of WHAT? I'm the one being thrown into bushes!" Tristan whimpered, trembling. Tris knew that Tibby was smart, that he knew stuff that most people wouldn't have thought to even think about.

But he didn't think he was smart himself.

And he was scared.

"They're scared of... being not as powerful? What do they THINK we're gonna do to them?!" Tris asked him, trembling. "I don't want to hurt anyone... I want to HELP people... I want to be a Healer someday, I want to make a difference, I want to show the world that not every person with my name is bad... I want to HELP people..."

Tristan would like to think he was smart, but he knew that he wasn't nearly half as smart as he wanted to be, especially when it came to anything about people with any less than pure blood in them. Tris had heard a little bit about Harry Potter, mostly because Lily and Lou were pretty close to him, and they were relatives, but he didn't know much about Cedric, or about the Tournament. And it bothered Tristan to know that there were things he didn't know...

"I... I don't know much about it, cause well, I think that... I think that my family just didn't want me to know much about them, about any of that, cause of well, cause of who they are..."

Tris asked Tibby if he wanted to be Minister for Magic, and when he answered, Tris was a little bit shocked. "Really? You all want to be Minister? What do you think you can change with it?" he asked. And Tibby told him that he'd make safe laws for schools, that he'd want those who were bullied to be safe, asking where the professors were, gesturing around them. Tristan looked around them too, noting that none of them were there to pull him out of the bush, but Tibby was...

"I... I only know a little bit... Only small things from what I've learned just this year, but... My parents... They don't exactly talk about much to me... They... They don't exactly care about me at all..." Tristan didn't say anything when Tibby mentioned Lily, she'd been a girl that he'd met when he first started at school, a girl who helped him a number of times, just as Tibby had, when other kids were making fun of him.

"Tell me more about the Tournament? Please?" Tris asked, trying to still get the leaves and twigs and dust off himself from the bush.

THIBAULT CHEVALIER
She can't be dying...
+ Paris // London
+ Pisces
+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
THIBAULT CHEVALIER
TV Personality
Wand 11

8¾" Rosewood, Veela Hair
Apr 24 2018, 10:52 AM
"They're SCARED, I mean, of not holding influence, so they have to take it out on us. Think about how shocked Albus Potter's family was when he was sorted into Slytherin?"

Tibby thought Albus was a nice enough lad- more cool, but still- a house anomaly in a sea of Gryffindors. He smiled when Tris mentioned how he wanted to be a healer- it was in every kind fo way a respectable position, a truly giving occupation that took substantial amount of time out of your life. His mother, Claire, was one of the healers at St. Mungos, and Tibby idolized her as some sort of hero. She saved lives, and would come home, telling her kids about exciting stories about rebirths and successful operations. Although she broke a few patient-healer personal discretion, names were never mentioned, they were learning tools and guides to how he should live his life.

"Then, do that! I believe you can. If you want an internship or something down the line, I'm sure my Mom could figure it out ahd help if you need it. She never seems to have many days off though, so be conscious of that." Chuckles. "Think about it. Being Minister of Magic would be the ultimate line of defense if anything dangerous happened in our world, they keep corruption out of the streets and in our daily lives. But I guess I'd just focus on more protection laws for those who aren't Pureblood. I just wouldn't let being Pureblood define who I am as a person, and I'm grateful to have parents and a stepfather- who is Muggleborn by the way- who look past all of that stuff. I'd like to use my privilege for good, not evil."

He thought those nice times meeting with his Royce's grandparents, both muggle lawyers, who seemed very nice and took him in as if he was their blood. Mikayla and Jace Harcourt were intelligent and hard-working individuals who always strove to create winning examples for their family. They were a little strict, and the idea of magic existing still befuddled them, but their hearts were in the right place. At least he'd like to think and hope so.

"I'm sure your parents care about you. That's a little harsh. They're your PARENTS, I mean. You only have one pair of those. If you ever need to get away, though, you could always spend time with mine in France." Claire and Henri always allowed their doors to be open for those who needed it, and Tris was no exception, "What else do you want to know? It's pretty dark stuff. The one with Cedric was THE day that everyone found out Lord Voldemort was back."

TRISTAN RAVENSCROFT

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS
Pages: (2) 1 2 
ADD REPLY

Image Map
RP MONTHS APRIL MAY JUNE JULY
ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!