+ Bisexual
+ Single
** Pureblood Witch | AGE: 20 | 38 POSTS
Wand 78

10" Ash, Sasquatch Hair
NET WORTH: 670 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Ravenclaw) alternative text
May 6 2018, 11:18 PM
Quinn slowly walked by a wall as she headed deep into Knockturn Alley. This place had become a hot spot for Aurors, with Purium members possibly swarming the entire place. It was almost a little saddening to Quinn that she knew this place almost as well as she knew the streets of her home. She had been here so many times that she knew how to get to certain pubs, stores, and inns without the help of her M12 phone. The only catch was that she risked her life every time she stepped off Diagon Alley's turf and onto Knockturn Alley's. She had been talented and lucky enough to make it thus far, but no one can ever be too sure.

Tonight was going to be a prime example of that risk. The Ministry's sources have pinned down the name of someone who may have been directly involved in the bombing of Hogwarts. Elize Lang. While they couldn't be too sure, the entire Magical Law Enforcement department was almost hyperactive in whatever leads they could get their hands on. That left grunt Aurors like Quinn to do all the snooping. But Quinn never minded taking the risk. After all, this was what she wanted to signed up for.

Just as she turned a corner, Quinn could've sworn she saw red robes flicker off down another passageway a few yards away from where she stood. She looked around, making sure that no one would notice her there, and dashed under several arches and walkways to the corner where she saw the red robe. Quinn peeked over her shoulder briefly, her back against the wall, and saw for herself a figure clad in a red robe heading deeper into Knockturn Alley. By now, the walkways had become much darker and it would've been difficult for Quinn to follow the red robes if she wasn't following closely. She took a deep breath, left her safe corner, and started briskly walking behind the red hooded figure.

ROWLAND PRICE
me, an intellectual
+ N/A
+ Scorpio
+ Gay
+ Single
** Halfblood Wizard | AGE: 30 | 32 POSTS
Wand 28

14" Alder, Kneazle Claw
NET WORTH: 5 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Gryffindor) alternative text
May 7 2018, 06:22 PM
Elize Lang made her way through the safe narrow streets of Knockturn with her hood shadowing her face under the dim streetlights. Bon Bon the cat followed quietly, the soft pitter-patters of his paws seemed to mirror the woman's gait. He was supposed to be security for the young woman who was to meet Bellinda for the next Purium task, but that wasn't the real case. It turns out that there was so many in Purium, so many insiders, that the group had already pegged Elize as one who didn't cover her tracks quick enough. Therefore, Royce was meant to take of that- effortlessly and preferably without making a mess. Royce was the perfect man for the job, and all it took was going around the right corner to do it.

"Rowland," Elize stopped suddenly, "We're not alone,"

The cat stopped suddenly, his bright blue eyes like floating orbs in the darkness. He hissed once before changing out of his cat form, into a similarly hooded figure minus the deep red, complete with face mask. His five o'clock shadow combined with the almost purple bags under his eyes suggested he hadn't had a good amount of sleep for a while, which was true- since the fall of Hogwarts, he'd been working tirelessly with Bellinda to kill off and fraying threads- including Elize. Now, however, he wasn't sure what they were going to be up against. He felt sweat collect on his cupid's bow as his lips kissed black fabric, leaving his eyes as the only ventilation to the outside. He took his wand out, eyes darting until he spotted the figure sneaking near them.

Apparently Elize was feeling trigger happy.

"Avada-" Elize started to cast, and the green light started illuminating the area, and once Royce saw Quinn's face, his frame of mind shifted suddenly as he let his free arm wind back to sock Elize in the face, "Ah!"

"Get out of here if you know what's good for you," Royce spoke darkly, his voice only slightly muffled by the fabric across his mouth, "Now."

He felt the desire to vomit, hoping this lone auror would follow his demands- Quinn didn't want to get in a duel wirh Royce, ti wouoldn't end well on either end. His eyes seemed to plead, that small slice of humanity was trying to hold onto his conscious when the bloodthirsty one wanted to so easily cause her the freshest, best, prolonging pain.

QUINN TAYLOR

on the prowl
+ London, England
+ Virgo
+ Bisexual
+ Single
Wand 78

10" Ash, Sasquatch Hair
May 7 2018, 07:11 PM
Quinn bravely caught up to the red hooded figure, though she tried to keep enough distance to stay relatively safe. She was so close; all it needed was the right moment for Quinn to capture whoever this was to bring back to the Ministry. Regardless of whether this was Elize Lang or not, she was sure this person could put forth enough information to give the Ministry a new lead. The figure slowed down and Quinn did so in the same fashion. She quickly hid behind the closest brick column and only peered over to see what the red hood would do next.

Before her eyes, Quinn witnessed a second black hooded figure pop up from the ground. She blinked wildly and squinted her eyes to get a better look in the dim light. An animagus. Why hadn’t she thought of that? Knockturn Alley was so dark that the only way she could’ve seen the animal form was with the use of her wand’s light. Now, Quinn had to change her approach to this plan. She was already pushing her limits with the task of retrieving a possible Purium member, but now trying to go up against two? Without any telling of how strong either of these people were, Quinn may have been in this way over her head.

And possibly not for much longer.

Without any notice, the red hooded figure quickly turned and emitted green light from her wand. Quinn froze, blinded by the flashes of green. Before she even had time to brace herself, the green light passed by her, leaving Quinn in the darkness. She exhaled shakily and turned to press her back against the column. For one of the few times she’s ever experienced true fear, the Auror needed to compose herself.

A dark voice sounded with a clear warning and Quinn’s ears perked. She could feel a sense of impending crisis loom in her core as she tried to make sense of the voice. Quinn looked ahead with a slightly confused expression on her face and turned to appear from behind the column.

”No,” Quinn replied with a surprisingly placid tone. There was something about the man’s voice that seemed to take away her fear, despite the strong threat he meant for her. There was something so familiar about it, but Quinn couldn’t quite place her finger on it. She lifted her wand about chin level a few inches in front of her, a small blue light illuminating her face.

Almost foolishly, she started to walk up to the man and the woman who laid seemingly lifeless on the ground. Quinn blinked curiously once she was almost in arm’s reach of the man. The light of her wand slowly began to illuminate on his face. She almost had a sure gut feeling; but if she was wrong, the consequences would be fatal. Quinn stopped right when the light hit the man’s eyes. And that’s when she realized it. Blue eyes with a hint of brown on the left eye. It couldn’t be.

”Royce?” Quinn uttered in a wispy breath.

ROWLAND PRICE
me, an intellectual
+ N/A
+ Scorpio
+ Gay
+ Single
Wand 28

14" Alder, Kneazle Claw
May 7 2018, 10:35 PM
Royce was taken aback by her defiance, and wondered if it was some vigilante or auror he was speaking with. If it was a vigilante, he could easily curse this being into oblivion- if it was an auror, he would be able to do the same thing, but it was going to be more complicated. Aurors were constantly being kept tabs on, because of the risky position. He was hoping that tonight was going to be an easy affair, and there was no way in hell this stupid person was going to ruin it. He tried to back away from the light at first, but he knew that there was no apparating to make for the headlines of the Prophet, but Quinn was more daring now- not the child he'd left behind so long ago.

"Royce is dead," he calmly spoke, "It's Rowland. I have a job to do, and there's no use in hoping to meet a corpse."

Rowland had become a part of him, a new name for a new personality, and he was a slave to the very cause they'd joined together. He coudn't bring himself to slaughter Quinn as easily, even though his fingers itched for a million curses to hurt her. He really didn't want it to come to this. There was a part of him that wanted to beg her to turn around and leave so he wouldn't be brought to do something drastic, the very human man underneath the monster screamed to be heard and acknowledged.

"What are you doing here? State your purpose." He kept things short, hoping that he'd swayed her in not recognizing who he was, "We have eyes everywhere. Don't make me force the answer out of you."

It was in this moment that his tone changed from outright determination and threat, to add fear into the mix. There were so many family members he'd already hurt, including his own mother a Tibby. He even had to kill his father to prove a point to other people. He didn't want to add Quinn to his lengthy kill-resume.

QUINN TAYLOR

on the prowl
+ London, England
+ Virgo
+ Bisexual
+ Single
Wand 78

10" Ash, Sasquatch Hair
May 10 2018, 10:18 PM
Quinn didn't have a doubt in her mind that this was Royce standing in front of her. Royce, a long time family friend--family friend couldn't even begin to label everything that Royce symbolized for her. While his younger brother, Tibby, was closer to her age and they were able to go through the walks of life together, Royce was more like an older brother who protected her. Quinn grew up an only child and despite having a handful of cousins, she didn't really have a relationship with any of them that meant more than any others. Back in the day, Royce was the one who looked out for her. When she was confused, angry, or deep in some indescribable feeling, she always felt safe turning to him.

But he was dead. Or at least, that's what Tibby told her when he returned from that fateful trip to Argentina. She felt her gut churn as every feeling she ever had to process regarding his death was uprooted. On the inside, Quinn felt torn, confused, and bewildered. Here was someone who felt more like family than her own mother, and he refused to acknowledge himself as such.

"Rowland..." She stared at him curiously, trying to make sense of it all. To make matters even more complex, he claimed an entire new personality. Could it have been the Imperio Curse? Because this was not the same man that left her behind so long ago. Quinn could feel her heart twinge and a small sting behind her eyes.

"I work for the Ministry now," Quinn obliged, her eyes beginning to feel dewy, "I finished my program at Eastwick two years early, like I always told you I would." It was bittersweet that she had to tell Royce in this manner, with him practically ready to hold her up at wand-point. She was puzzled on his true intentions. Should she swallow her old feelings and be ready to attack? Or allow herself to feel every possible emotion now that she knew that Royce was still alive?

"It's really you," Quinn uttered, her tone filled with mixed sentiment.

ROWLAND PRICE
me, an intellectual
+ N/A
+ Scorpio
+ Gay
+ Single
Wand 28

14" Alder, Kneazle Claw
May 13 2018, 11:24 PM
Royce wouldn't say it out loud, but hearing Quinn use his new name made his heart break a little. To think he'd seen her grow up like the little sister he never had, and someone he had supported for most- if not all of her life. To see her all grown up, clearer in the moonlight, was taking a toll on him. There were those same deep eyes, and Aunt Melanie's features which seemed to glow. He'd seen her, as Bon Bon, but knowing that she was seeing him for the human he truly was made him feel all sorts of things: angry, embarrassed, pain, and a combination of all three. There was no way he was going to just be able to escape, now that someone who personally knew him and his family was aware of his grand lie.

"I can see that," Royce slowly said, the words "work" and "ministry" both sent knives in his spleen, "I'm not surprised."

His tone was shaking with a mix of pride and anguish, his wand gripped tightly at his side and not in front of him. A better, and stronger Puruim member would have had her dead by now- and Belle would probably feed him to the wolves if she's known he was slipping because of this twenty year old girl. He could have just left his ex-companion left for dead, Elize was practicallt dead weight right next to him, but he didn't have the heart to leave this way again. He knew how skilled she was, he knew how much she'd progressed from those fond conversations with Tibby and watching her at family functions.

"It's not me. It's Rowland. Royce can't exist," he said to Quinn, "These days I'm Rowland, and sometimes, I'm..." he reached slowly into his pocket, the retractable back of the leather collar and jingled the sharp bell in the air, hoping that was enough to cue her off on his current liftstyle, "...why don't you want to leave me? It'd be so much easier if you did, Quinn."

His last line was delivered with a sense of urgency, wanting her to desperately turn the other way, but the truth was- he'd stay as long as she needed him to, in this precious moment. That is, until Elize happened to wake up, and then he'd have to commit murder in front of Quinn's eyes, without a second thought.

QUINN TAYLOR

on the prowl
+ London, England
+ Virgo
+ Bisexual
+ Single
Wand 78

10" Ash, Sasquatch Hair
May 16 2018, 01:41 AM
Quinn cracked a small smile at Royce’s response when she told him she worked for the Ministry. The response itself wasn’t a shock; it was much more about the circumstances they were in that moment. She spent many of her younger years pretending to duel Royce, and pretending to win despite the fact that he was already a talented dueler before she even learned how to cast her first spell. When Royce told her that he wasn’t surprised, Quinn saw the young man in his early twenties that encouraged her as she naively said she would be the greatest Auror in the world.

What made it difficult for Quinn to keep her smile was not feeling sure if that same man was standing in front of her. She felt lost on what happened that made him change his persona to Rowland. The idea that Royce was no longer the person this man intended to be was heartbreaking, but it didn’t make Quinn budge. How could she budge for the man that never once swayed in his support for her?

”But why? Why does Rowland have to exist?” She asked in an almost demanding tone. She always sought as much information and knowledge as she could, always wanting concrete reasoning. This was the reason why Astronomy was never her best subject—she could never just let things happen without absolute reason. Quinn almost pressed for a more detailed answer before Royce pulled a small kitten’s collar and bell out of his pocket. The jingle was enough to remind her of where she had heard that familiar sound. ”Bon Bon,” Quinn uttered quietly, her face showing frank realization. Not only was he alive when everyone thought he was dead, but he had been living right under their noses the entire time.

Quinn shook her head slowly at first, but showed more willfulness in the end. ”No,” she answered again in a tone similar to when she first spoke to Royce again. She sounded just as defiant as she was with her mom when she was younger. ”I can’t walk away and let you leave me behind. I won’t put myself through that again.” The emotion behind this was much more than just about Royce, triggering one of the few deep-seated fears Quinn kept to herself like a lockbox.

She opened her mouth to say more, but noticed the red-hooded figure slowly stir. Quinn soon realized her time with Royce would be limited. ”Why are you doing this?” Quinn asked in an urgent whisper.

ROWLAND PRICE
me, an intellectual
+ N/A
+ Scorpio
+ Gay
+ Single
Wand 28

14" Alder, Kneazle Claw
May 16 2018, 01:59 PM
"That part of my life is over- this is why he exists." Rowland looked slowly beside him as Elize was coming to, far too quickly than he'd liked, and picked her up by her throat off the ground, hoisting her up with one hand, "Shh..."

Elize's hands were quick to reach her throat over Rowland's large one, but she was becoming weaker by the second due to circulation loss. Her wand was long dropped at her side, and her eyes were starting to get pink in the whites. Her sweat had broken, coming back as her hair stuck to her face and the man holding her was determined not to let go. Royce might have gone easy, a quick and easy kill, but Rowland wanted to enjoy this. Rowland wanted Quinn to see for herself the monster that had taken over this brain, this body, the very soul. Death had a way of desensitizing all matters of the psyche, and in the past ten years it had been as if he was born to be a cold blooded killer.

"You're not the only one I left, stop acting like you're so special," he growled and gripped tighter around Elize's throat, black leather gloves now covered with blood coming from her nose, "This is the precious prize you came to claim and bring back with you? Trust me, she'll be easier to deal with when she dies. Allow me to show you how I play now. Don't move... if you know what's good for you."

Rowland had stepped away from the dilapidated brick wall, allowing Elize to fall once more within a second of her life to gain back a speck of consciousness. He cast a quick spell which stitched her lips together, bright red scars had formed like she was a cloth rag doll. It seemed as if he was going to let her go, or cast an Avada- but iy would ruin the spectacle. He put his heel on her breastbone, putting all of his weight on top of her chest, treating her like a balloon that threatened to pop and his boot was the needle to jab at the rubber surface. The more he eased into it, the less excited he became- partly because of his audience, but also Elize didn't struggle as much- accepting her death like the coward he knew she always was.

Crack. Crack. Crack.

Each hard stomp of his boot on her chest seemed to literally break new ground, the frantic movements now more erratic than the last time, which added to his thrill. He paused with his foot above her one more time before determining that she was indeed gone, and with his leg, rolled her body over to her stomach in Quinn's direction.

"I was a failure," he knelt down and wrapped Eliza like a swaddling baby, "I'd failed my family so much that I was too ashamed of coming back. We should have never gone to Argentina."

QUINN TAYLOR

on the prowl
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS
ADD REPLY

Image Map
RP MONTHS APRIL MAY JUNE JULY
ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!

Currency Galleons
Minister Kristopher Norwood
Non-Magical Muggle