Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
ADD REPLY

[closed] May I?, Tag: Taylor Rose
+ London
+ Libra
+ Pansexual
+ Single
CIAR PIERCE
Ministry Worker
*** Halfblood Wizard | AGE: 35 | 63 POSTS
Wand 2

10" Apple, Hippogriff Talon
NET WORTH: 1481 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Ravenclaw) alternative text
Mar 1 2018, 01:23 PM
Ciar had to admit, as he sat at a tiny table in the corner and sipped on his soup, that there was a certain nostalgia in sitting in the Leaky Cauldron that he couldn't quite get anywhere else. As a child, he'd been brought to Diagon Alley to get all of his school supplies each summer, right before the start of term, and that familiar smell and bustle of the place always did well to make him smile.

Over the last few years, things at the Cauldron hadn't changed at all as far as Ciar could tell. He could have bet money that the same regulars still came every day and the same bartender was still behind the bar. The Wizarding World was like that. They seemed to upkeep tradition far longer than muggles did. It was an interesting phenomenon. Ciar thought of the magical artifacts in his house growing up. His mum had always told him that they were hundreds and hundreds of years old, passed on from the oldest wizards and witches in their family tree. His dad had once offered him a Christmas ornament from his grandmother. "Nearly sixty years old," he had said proudly. Ciar had taken it with a smile and wondered why muggle things didn't last as long. He still wasn't sure. It was probably just magic.

He finished the last of his soup and then stood carefully, holding the bowl tightly in his hand. The heavy wooden chair he had been sitting in scraped across the floor, but he barely heard it over the chatter in the pub. Ciar made his way to the bar. He wasn't worried about bumping into anything -- most magical furniture sort of leapt out of his way, and most friendly people sort of nudged him in the right direction.

He placed his empty bowl and spoon carefully on the bar and heard the bartender inquire about a drink. "Sure," he said with a pleasant smile. "I'd love whatever you have on tap please." He moved to take some sickles out of his pocket when he bumped the person on the chair besides. "Oh!" he said, reaching out his hand and laying it on their arm. "I'm terribly sorry about that." He chuckled to himself as he took a step back to give them both a little space.

TAYLOR ROSE

+ London
+ Libra
+ Heterosexual
+ Single
TAYLOR ROSE
Pastry Chef
*** Veela | AGE: 24 | 79 POSTS
Wand 74

10" Rosewood, Veela Hair
NET WORTH: 6065 ʛ
Mar 1 2018, 06:38 PM
The food at St. Mungo's needed an upgrade, a serious one at that. She almost felt bad for her cousin for having to ingest it but she'd seemed far too happy with the birth of her son to really notice it anyways. Taylor had been there with a few immediate family members most of the morning awaiting the delivery. Once the baby had arrived the cold lunch plates were discarded and the ohhs and ahhs began. When it was her turn to hold the little bundle she couldn't help but smile. She glanced over at her mother who gave her a look, one that was hopeful she'd be the next one here but Taylor just shook her head, a small laugh escaping her lips. She wasn't in the right place for a baby but she was however in the right place to spoil one silly.

After another hour or two she'd excused herself to the hall in search of a vending machine but came up empty handed. The one she'd eyed was being worked on and her stomach really didn't want any of the mystery soup the cafeteria was making up. She checked her watch and saw a few more family members go into the room. She figured she wouldn't be missed if she dashed out for a bit of late lunch. It didn't take her long to settle on the Leaky Cauldron, she hadn't been in awhile and suddenly had a taste for Butterbeer.

Heading in, she made her way to the bar to place her order. A few different things were on her mind but it was the hunger talking. She smiled towards the bartender and started to slide into one of the empty spots before she sort of collided with someone. Taylor held onto the edge of the bar to keep from falling over, her grey eyes were wide and she let out a soft chuckle. "Oh no, you're fine." She said and fixed herself back on the bar stool. "I'm sure that was partly my fault as well. I haven't gotten a chance to eat much today and got a little excited to finally do just that." She smiled brightly and turned back around to get a good look at the guy. "It's been a very busy day."

CIAR PIERCE
I need more cooking apps for this thing <3
+ London
+ Libra
+ Pansexual
+ Single
CIAR PIERCE
Ministry Worker
Wand 2

Mar 1 2018, 07:31 PM
It turned out that he had bumped a lady, and she was very nice about it. Ciar smiled in her direction as she explained that she was just hungry and excited to eat. Well, he could understand that, definitely. He loved to eat.

"That's quite a coincidence," he said with a chuckle. "It's been anything but a busy day for me." Ciar was quick to be friendly with anyone, but he immediately felt at ease with this woman. It was a curious sensation. No more than fifty words out of her mouth and he felt as though he could talk to her forever. So strange.

He slid one galleon on the bar and made sure to give the nice lady some more room as he did so. He was content standing, so long as he wasn't blocking anyone on the other side of him. "Has your day been good busy or bad busy?" he asked with a pleasant tone. "You seem in high spirits, if you don't mind me saying so. I do hope it was good busy..." He gave her another smile and felt the bartender tap his hand as his beer was delivered. He took the pint carefully to his lips and sipped lightly.

TAYLOR ROSE

+ London
+ Libra
+ Heterosexual
+ Single
TAYLOR ROSE
Pastry Chef
Wand 74

10" Rosewood, Veela Hair
Mar 2 2018, 08:06 PM
She smiled when the bartender slipped her a menu but she'd already settled on fish and chips. "Oh and a Butterbeer as well, thank you." Hearing him chuckle in turn made her as well. Taylor was beyond excited to talk about her newest family member. She figured she was still riding an adrenaline wave from it. "It's been a wonderful type of busy," she beamed, "I got a wake up call at about eight this morning. My heavily pregnant cousin was being rushed to St. Mungos." Taylor nodded towards the Butterbeer when it was sat in front of her and quickly took a drink.

"The little one didn't want to wait to meet us any longer and came four days early." Her smiled only grew as she recalled her cousin's husband being a nervous wreak during it all. "So the day has been blur of family and all things baby related. I've been running off of caffeine and a blueberry muffin all day," She smiled slightly and shook her head. "But it was worth it." Taylor looked between him and bartender and was a puzzled for a moment on the hand tapping. A guess came to mind but she didn't want to appear rude or embarrass herself by being wrong. "And now I'm rambling," she gave a short laugh, "Let's blame it on the lack of food."

CIAR PIERCE
+ London
+ Libra
+ Pansexual
+ Single
CIAR PIERCE
Ministry Worker
Wand 2

Mar 5 2018, 07:31 PM
Ciar loved babies. So to hear this news, even from a complete stranger, was really exciting to him. "Oh! Congratulations to your family!" he exclaimed. "That's really wonderful! It does sound like an exciting morning..." He brought the beer to his lips once more and then slid it carefully back onto the bar. "Did they give the little one a name?"

Ciar wasn't trying to be invasive, asking all these questions, he just found stories enticing and this girl was so easy to talk to. He wondered, for a moment, if she had placed a sort of charm on him -- he was so oddly relaxed.

Without turning his body or head toward her at all, he reached his right hand across his body and extended it toward the woman in a handshake. "My name is Ciar, by the way. Pleasure to meet you." If he was going to be polite, he'd better be polite as an acquaintance rather than a stranger.

TAYLOR ROSE
+ London
+ Libra
+ Heterosexual
+ Single
TAYLOR ROSE
Pastry Chef
Wand 74

10" Rosewood, Veela Hair
Mar 9 2018, 12:28 AM
"Thank you, thank you! I'll be sure pass it onto my cousin when I go back." Taylor laughed and smiled brightly. Her busy morning had been completely worth it but she knew tonight she was going to be the one that slept like a baby. "They were expecting a girl but it turned out to be a boy. They hadn't settled on a name for him yet though. They're renegotiating or were when I was leaving." She chuckled again knowing full well her cousin wasn't one to back down. She was missing the show that was no doubt unfolding at St. Mungos, it would be hilarious to say the least.

"Please forgive me," she shook her head and reached to take his hand. "It's nice to meet you Ciar. The chatterbox that you have before you would be Taylor." She beamed as she saw her food round the corner and placed in front of her and quickly took a bite. "What about you? Just out grabbing a bite? I haven't taken you from anyone I hope." She looked around for a pair of waiting eyes.

CIAR PIERCE
+ London
+ Libra
+ Pansexual
+ Single
CIAR PIERCE
Ministry Worker
Wand 2

Mar 9 2018, 07:07 PM
Ciar smiled as she spoke. This young lady seemed so very full of life. It was nice to meet someone who seemed so carefree. It was rare to see someone who was so open with strangers and so seemingly family oriented. Ciar couldn't help but lean a bit closer to her.

"Taylor." He repeated her name just loud enough to try it out. "Good to meet you, Taylor. My friends call me "Kee" if you'd rather." Odd that he would mention that, as he wasn't particularly fond of the nickname either way, but again, he felt compelled.

Ciar heard the clink of a plate land before his conversational partner and he slid back fully into his chair. "Out for a bite, yes," he said before sipping his stout. "I find I'm frequenting the Leaky Cauldron often these days. There is certain...solidarity in listening to strangers putter around in a pub." He smiled at his own words. 'People watching' as it were was a nice past-time.

"No, you haven't taken me away from anyone," he said blushing slightly. "It's been a while since I've had a 'someone'...hehe..." Well...he sounded like an idiot. "I...ah...well I'm an only child, so I suppose I like to be myself sometimes." He placed his glass on the bar, but then realized his words could be misconstrued. "That's not to say that I'm not appreciative of your company!"

TAYLOR ROSE
+ London
+ Libra
+ Heterosexual
+ Single
TAYLOR ROSE
Pastry Chef
Wand 74

10" Rosewood, Veela Hair
Mar 12 2018, 02:30 PM
"It's nice to meet you too, Kee. I love your name by the way. I'm always a little envious that my parents didn't give me a more unique name. To be fair, it works for a boy or a girl so they were steps ahead of my cousin," she mused and ate another fry, "so I guess I shouldn't complain."

Taylor nodded, fully agreeing herself. "I understand that. I work as a pastry chef so I get to see the hustle and bustle everyday. Well, in the kitchen I do, I don't get to enjoy the people out here too much. When I do though it's a treat." If she ever got to the point of owning her own shop, she would have that changed first thing. "I'm just a people person I guess? Mix that with good food and you really can't go wrong." She chuckled and took a breath of relief before she spoke, "Ok good, I didn't want to be rude." She raised a brow when he told her he was an only child. "It's quite alright, I'm an only child as well. I get wanting to be alone, we're kind of thrown into that with it just being us. I love being alone sometimes too but tonight isn't one of them," she added, "I'm giving the company five stars."

CIAR PIERCE
+ London
+ Libra
+ Pansexual
+ Single
CIAR PIERCE
Ministry Worker
Wand 2

Mar 19 2018, 08:36 PM
A pastry chef! What an interesting profession. Ciar wasn't sure he knew anyone who could bake let alone someone who made fancy baked-goods for a living. Somehow he thought that making lovely pastries for people suited this young woman very well.

When she said she was appreciative of his company, Ciar's face broke out in a huge smile, though he tried to hide it immediately. He was quite proud of himself, being able to entertain someone in the mood he'd been in. She was quite a catch as well, and Ciar felt lucky that he was in such good company too.

"Well, thank you. I could say the same. It's a pleasure speaking with you." He knew the feeling. Even people who appreciated their solidarity sometimes just needed to be with someone. "This is an exciting and hectic day for you, sounds like. All that positive energy wants to be shared!"

He found himself grinning again and then felt his face get a bit hot. "If you don't mind me saying, you're very easy to talk to. I don't think I've ever had such an easy time talking to a stranger before."

TAYLOR ROSE
+ London
+ Libra
+ Heterosexual
+ Single
TAYLOR ROSE
Pastry Chef
Wand 74

10" Rosewood, Veela Hair
Mar 26 2018, 09:31 PM
"It really has been a hectic day but the best kind I think. After all this running about I'm sure I'll fall into sleep with no issues." Taylor was expecting to be flooded with texts and calls to dish about the new edition to the family. "Now I get to use my culinary powers to craft up a cake for the new bundle of joy." She smiled, a thousand different designs floated around in her head and she scolded herself for not grabbing her notebook this morning.

His compliment made Taylor smile a little wider and she chuckled. "Thank you, that's such a lovely thing to say." She started, tucking a piece of hair over her shoulder. "Besides my winning personality," she joked, "I happen to be a full blown Veela. That might have something to do with it though I'm going to remain hopeful it's not just that alone." This time her chuckle was a little forced as she dipped a fry and ate it. "Sorry about that? The charm thing really has a mind of it's own when I'm happy." Taylor couldn't control it and always forgot it was even a thing until halfway conversations.

CIAR PIERCE
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS
Pages: (2) 1 2 
ADD REPLY

Image Map
RP MONTHS JULY AUG SEPT OCT
ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!