Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
ADD REPLY

Cling To What You Know And Never Let Go[closed], tag: James
+ Bordeaux, France
+ Capricorn
+ Heterosexual
+ Engaged
ELIZA KENEDY
Healer (Long-term Curse Care)
***** Pureblood Witch | AGE: 24 | 234 POSTS
Wand 29

10" Beech, Mermaid Hair
NET WORTH: 51 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Hufflepuff) alternative text
Jul 21 2017, 09:37 PM
Eliza was tired, very tired. It'd been a long day on the job, and she wasn't used to the kinds of temperatures that marked a New Orleans summer. Scotland didn't feel quite like this, at least not in her memories of it. Maybe they were a little warped by her love of home, though. She wouldn't have minded being in the city in some time other than early August, but Merlin did she want air conditioning. Aside from simple discomfort with the temperature, she was pretty sure the case she was working involved a serial kidnapper and child abuse both. She was working with a detective that was working a muggle relations type job, and some facts of the case, including the proximity to the moon being full, were setting a lot of their communications up with a tone of paranoia. The combination of facts and frustrations had chills going down her spine in the nearly hundred degree weather; she just needed a haven. Luckily, she had a friend here, someone that had been there to defend her and hide out with her since her time at Hogwarts.

She was so excited for James and how well he'd been managing his own business. The place honestly looked better every time she found her way in; the staff and drinks were both fantastic. The atmosphere was somewhere she could relax a little, knowing that she was in supportive arms if things ever got shady. And she felt that things were, especially on this case.

She walked in and let her eyes scan those around her, hoping that no one work related would be there. She was happy to see that she knew absolutely no one, but James wasn't working the counter yet. She decided she'd need to request a couple songs to lift her spirits a bit before the night is through. She stopped in the restroom quick to freshen up. She splashed some cold water on her face, tied her hair back, and feeling more human chose a seat at the end of the bar. It took her a moment or two to choose what it was she'd want to drink. She hadn't had anything at all in a while, and was feeling in the mood for something very cold, possibly with a cherry. There was no one better to ask than James.

JAMES POTTER
All my life, I've been waiting for moments to come-- when I catch fire, and wash over you like the sun. I will fight to fix up and get things right. I can't change the world, but maybe I'll change your mind.
+ New Orleans
+ Sagittarius
+ Heterosexual
+ Complicated
JAMES POTTER
Owner of Mischief Managed
**** Werewolf | AGE: 24 | 166 POSTS
Wand 51
11½" Cedar, Werewolf Fang
NET WORTH: 6315 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Gryffindor) alternative text
Jul 29 2017, 11:29 AM
Normally on a night like tonight, he would be out helping at the bar but no, he was stuck balancing books and making sure the paychecks were going out without a hiccup. It was glamorous but it had to be done nonetheless. James could faintly hear the bass from the music in his office, he was thankful due to a headache he's just started nursing a few nights ago. The full moon was close and would alter his normal mood dramatically, either he'd be testy or well...testy. It was times like these where he found being down here better for him, at least for a few hours or so. He thought about calling Remi and having him come down but he figured this place wasn't really his scene. When all the boring paperwork was done James sighed and poured himself a rather disgusting looking drink of potion. He'd had it crafted just for days close to the full moon, it seemed to take the edge off for him.

When he turned, he wouldn't be as unpredictable but still, locking himself up in the basement was starting to get old as well. He shuddered as he drank the dark purple liquid and chased it with a shot of Rum. He gathered himself together and left his office, the sound of the music getting louder and louder until he was back on the main floor. James put on his normal grin and nodded towards more than a few of the club goers having a good time as he made his way towards the bar and dining area. On his way there he spotted a very familiar face and his spirits automatically lifted, his grin turned into a genuine smile as he made his way over, slipping into the bar stool next to hers. "Pretty lady, can I buy you a drink?" He joked, messing around with her. He wondered if she'd catch his voice or let him have it thinking he was some random bloke coming on to her.

ELIZA KENEDY
Why is the Rum always gone? 😲
+ Bordeaux, France
+ Capricorn
+ Heterosexual
+ Engaged
ELIZA KENEDY
Wand 29

10" Beech, Mermaid Hair
Jul 29 2017, 10:00 PM
The voice seemed to come out of nowhere and be pointed right at her. And though it sounded familiar, she jumped despite herself. She thought to herself that she must have been more wrapped up in her own head than she realized. She turned to see exactly who she was looking for. Debating whether or not to get off the stool brought a smile to her face. As short as she was, it almost made sense to try to throw her arms around him from the stool. She did, opening her arms wide. This was exactly what she needed after a day like she had. “James! I was almost worried you wouldn’t be here for a minute. Came here much more for the company than the beverage, but I won’t argue with one.” She let out a large sigh of relief just being able to see a friend in this busy city.

She decided that she wanted something a little different tonight. Perhaps she’d be spontaneous and let him surprise her. He did very well for himself here, after all. She looked over to him as she adjusted herself back onto her barstool. “Did you want to sit up here, or did you have work to do? I have all night, if you wanted to go talk over a drink anywhere..” She looked down at her feet for a minute and then met his eyes again. “Was kind of hoping to catch up, though. I’m actually here for at least a couple of days, so…” She let herself trail off as she remembered the proximity to the moon. The very thing complicating the case and the behavior involved was pretty important to one of her close friends, too.

There was a lot that El wanted to say, then, but she just moved her stool a little bit closer. The better to hear him.

All my life, I've been waiting for moments to come-- when I catch fire, and wash over you like the sun. I will fight to fix up and get things right. I can't change the world, but maybe I'll change your mind.
+ New Orleans
+ Sagittarius
+ Heterosexual
+ Complicated
JAMES POTTER
Wand 51
Jul 31 2017, 02:25 PM
James couldn't help but flash her a big smile and he returned her hug just as happily. He was thankful he hadn't stayed shut up in his office for the night nursing a headache that was becoming easier to ignore now that Eliza was in front of him. "Nah I'm always here or at least it feels that way." He laughed lightly and waved over one of the bartenders to put in a drink order. "I'm up for some company myself, all the number crunching I was doing before I spotted you were started to do my head in." He ordered two of the house specials. "I hope you don't mind, it's a featured drink we're selling tonight, it seems to be doing well. If not, anything is on the house. Are you hungry? I can have my Chef whip you up something." He offered as the guy finished the drinks with ease and sat them in front of them.

"That depends on who you ask, I tend to work more than I play nowadays but it's not a bad thing. This place keeps me busy, something my mother likes to call and complain about." He raised his glass towards her and took a sip of the White Russian cocktail as it packed more of a punch tonight. James' attention was shifted for a moment when he noted a particular group at the bar being louder than usual and so he turned back to Eliza and motioned towards the VIP section. "Now that you mention it, let's go over there. We won't have to yell over the music so much." He smiled and stood up, waiting for her. "Only a few days? Damn, I'll have to make the best of my time with you." His smile stayed though he knew if she wasn't around for the next few nights, he'd be the one tied up or rather chained up. "It's fine though, I won't be much of a host for a bit anyway."
+ Bordeaux, France
+ Capricorn
+ Heterosexual
+ Engaged
ELIZA KENEDY
Wand 29

10" Beech, Mermaid Hair
Aug 4 2017, 01:13 AM
Eliza felt as though living at work was part of her own reality. Even as she visited one of her oldest friends, she was technically on an assignment. She could hardly travel on a whim without work guiding it unless she set time aside to do so. The distance, therefore, only strengthened her relationships in that to keep them took a lot of effort and intention. “Maybe that’s part of the appeal, your involvement. You seem like a popular face,” she said with a smile. “I know the feeling. I’ve been canvassing a bit for work but I’m about to have to grid and spreadsheet some stuff out.” She rolled her eyes and sighed, “That sounds really good, actually, the drink I mean. I think I have to cool off a little before I eat.”

El raised her glass and felt that the clink the contact made was perfect. She took a small sip and smiled, “Pretty good.” It burned the slightest bit going down, but she found this soothing tonight. The warmth coupled with the company was perfect. She got off her stool, drink still on the counter, and looked at him. She wrapped an arm around his back before getting her drink and walked with him that way for the drink

As soon as they were drowned by sound, she said, “I know about the moon. It’s never been something that came between us. And it won’t.” She took a sip, “Don’t have to skirt around it,” she said gently. She really wanted him to know that she was all in as far as support, not afraid and not thinking that he was some monster. It'd been a long time since her visit coincided with a moon, and what she really wanted was the ability to see him at least after. The idea of him locked up somewhere alone made her shudder. When she got to the table she hugged him, “I’ve missed you so much. I hope I can be here.” She reluctantly unwrapped from the hug and climbed up onto the seat.

JAMES POTTER
+ New Orleans
+ Sagittarius
+ Heterosexual
+ Complicated
JAMES POTTER
Wand 51
Aug 5 2017, 12:39 PM
Even with the bass from the music booming loudly over the club coupled with people dancing and having a good time, he heard her. It was one of the perks being a wolf, one that he found he didn't mind so much right this moment. James glanced down at her as they continued walking towards a quieter section of the club. He didn't bother to keep the slight grin off his face at what she'd come out and told him. He tended to dance around the issue a lot, particularly this one but again he didn't mind tonight.

"Thank you," he finally said, still feeling at a loss for words. "I'm glad you feel that way. I've gotten my fair share of looks and sometimes people treat me a little different but that's life right? I try not to think about that stuff too much though." He shrugged as if to say he didn't care about it but deep down it bothered him at least a little bit. "The moon...I feel like I'm a slave to it most times but I'm working on that, I swear. Hopefully, I won't have to stay in my room much longer." A few feet below them laid a secret room in the basement fitted with chains for his transformation. James didn't like that room but it had become his safe place to hide and most importantly, keep others away.

He crossed his heart in an attempt to make a light hearted joke when she hugged him. He wrapped an arm around her and returned it causing him to realize just how much he'd missed seeing her around. "So have I. I can't tell you how many times I would see someone that sort of looks like you come in only to find it wasn't." He laughed lightly and let go to sit down as well. The table already had menus on it but since he knew it by heart he paid it no attention. "Seeing as how I'm knee deep in the culture, being here in New Orleans, I ran across a witch who swore she could help me do just that." He took out the half empty potion bottle, the purple liquid seemed to lightly swirl on its own. "Don't let it fool you by appearance, it takes like the wrong end of a Hippogriff." He made a face and shook his head yet he was a bit desperate and hadn't told anyone about it. "In a night or two, we'll see, won't we? I mean well...I'll see. I wouldn't dare have you down there when that happens. I don't...I don't want you to see me that way."

ELIZA KENEDY
+ Bordeaux, France
+ Capricorn
+ Heterosexual
+ Engaged
ELIZA KENEDY
Wand 29

10" Beech, Mermaid Hair
Aug 5 2017, 01:36 PM
She listened to what she already guessed, but wouldn’t settle for. James was always someone that wanted the best for her. He was one of the masses that cheered her and Lou on, one of those she hid with when things were dark, and someone who could enjoy at light times with her better than most. “Honestly, that’s their loss, James. You’re still our person.” It was her turn to shrug, “And you work hard for what you’ve earned. I think people are just scared of what they don’t understand.”

The idea of slavery to anything made her feel a type of sadness and injustice it’d been a while since she’d felt. Her best friend being a veela had been the subject of talk before as well, and certainly had gathered its share of looks. “Hey now, don’t gotta swear anything to me. You’re doing what ya can with whatcha have,” she said, light but like she meant it. She didn’t think she’d ever seen the room, and thought about how desolate it must be. Had anyone been down there?

El smiled despite herself. It was nice to have people all over, to know that no matter where she wound up, she wasn’t far from someone where the missin’ was mutual. “Find a good chaser among your supplies, here?” She turned to look him right in the eye then, to let the next little bit sink in. “We can figure out things to make it less terrible, maybe. But, do you feel um,” the gravity of the question had her swallow and glance down at the oddly swirling liquid. She looked immediately back up, though, not wanting him to feel as though she was afraid. “Are you scared to take some potion alone alone? I mean, we could even set things up in case it feels odd.” She offered a small smile.

JAMES POTTER
+ New Orleans
+ Sagittarius
+ Heterosexual
+ Complicated
JAMES POTTER
Wand 51
Aug 6 2017, 09:05 PM
James couldn't help but marvel at how easy talking about this had become. Never had he really opened up about being a wolf and here he was spilling things without the influence of alcohol. Not that he would go on telling anyone but Eliza was special, she hadn't looked at him like in either of the two ways people normally did. One was a look of pity like it was a shame he'd been attacked and cursed. The other was fear but he knew she was right, there was no reason to dwell on it more than he'd already had. Her words swelled him up a bit and all he could do was offer her a kind smile, a real smile...and it felt nice.

He rubbed his temples lightly as the content feeling was replaced with a few sharp pains but it wasn't anything he couldn't handle. "I honestly haven't thought about chasing it with anything, the stuff is so thick I'm almost sure it would absorb anything I tried." He looked at the bottle with a bit of disgust but he was at its mercy. "I am up for experimenting though, even taking this stuff is one so I'm in no position to be picky. I have a whole bar at my disposal so maybe we'll get lucky." He tried to laugh but couldn't, he figured he didn't have to pretend to have his shit together in front of her when she knew him well enough to see past that.

Her next question took him off guard and actually made her laugh a little. "I feel so stupid and reckless now," he shook his head, "I've...I've been taking it alone. At least the last two nights I have been...stupid of me, I'm seeing that now." He scoffed at himself and shook her head again before his blue eyes settled on the bottle. "I haven't had anyone around when I've tested any of the potions I've been buying. Confession time, I've bought more than a fair share claiming to cure me, those were a bust...I've come to accept that I'm going to be this way forever." He nodded and took another sip of his drink, it had been a very hard pill to swallow.

"Now though, the ones I've been taking are supposed to take the edge off and help me focus when I do turn." He looked back over at her before continuing on, "I need that...I need to be able to focus and regain control in my form. I think if I can master that then I will recognize people and wouldn't hurt them." He looked down at his wrists that for now looked fine but in a few nights time would be bruised from the chains.

ELIZA KENEDY
+ Bordeaux, France
+ Capricorn
+ Heterosexual
+ Engaged
ELIZA KENEDY
Wand 29

10" Beech, Mermaid Hair
Aug 7 2017, 01:33 AM
El thought through her time in school. She tried to remember the things that could cut the taste of thicker potions without changing the properties. She was a little sad to realize that this was likely more potions experience than she had. She gave a slight frown, “I’m just wondering if it could be mixed with something to take the edge off. If not, I’d almost just chase it with a strong flavor. Wash it down hard. We can play, if we can know what’s in it. You take it every day?” She saw the attempt at a laugh and offered him a half smile. Back when they were in school, a simple shoulder squeeze said more than volumes of words attempted. She always took it as a safe signal. She reached over and gave his shoulder a single, tight squeeze.

She didn’t mean to make him feel reckless or anything, she was honestly just curious. It was something he didn’t share with many people as it was. And owning a business, like it or not, had to do with image and integrity at least a little. “Well at least you’re around people. I’m sure someone would have noticed if you were way off.” She took a sip of her drink, thankful for the pleasant taste. She was starting to get a little hungry, just couldn’t place what it was that she wanted to eat. The confession gave her heart a sharp pang. “I travel, all over for work. If this doesn’t work this time, which hopefully I’ll get to see through, we’re finding you something.” She said this with every bit of determination she felt. She’d done her own research on the road before, and this was by word of mouth. She understood, though, how false hope could be so simple to obtain. “I mean, you live in New Orleans, I can’t blame you for trying. I feel like I would.”

She had another idea then, though she didn’t know how naïve it was to consider. “So when you, personally, turn,” she looked at him curiously but gently, “is it just like instincts take over?” She figured that’s how it was, but she couldn’t recall whether or not she’d ever asked him. The part she felt could be naïve, though, she said next, quietly. “Think having some, warmth, down there would help? Little pictures or things to make it less like a cell? I mean, I’ve never seen it it’s just,” how to get these words right?, “You’re still our person.” She tried to make it sound casual, but she knew it carried some weight. She grabbed the happy hour menu and looked at it before looking back up to him. “You know?”

JAMES POTTER
+ New Orleans
+ Sagittarius
+ Heterosexual
+ Complicated
JAMES POTTER
Wand 51
Aug 11 2017, 11:12 AM
James couldn't help but nod, Eliza was making a lot of good points. Points that he hadn't really thought of and again he was thankful for her being there. "I'm not really sure whats in it, I didn't bother to ask the lady behind the bar but I can return and find out. Her place is the last one the road to the Bayou, shady place but I'll venture back there. I actually made a friend there while you were away, another wolf." He didn't want her to offer to go with him there. He'd seen his fair share of shady creatures there and he'd be worried about her. James knew she could handle her own but still, he'd never forgive himself.

"Uhh, I take it every day when it's the week of the full moon. I get a bit out of sorts to say but not as much as when I fully turn. Right now I feel more like myself than I did last time, could be this stuff though...and boy oh boy do I hope that's the case." He confessed, picking up the potion bottle and studying it for a moment or two. "That sounds like a solid idea, I don't know why I didn't think to ask you to look for something before. Must be that darn Gryffindor pride going strong." He lightly hit his head and a small chuckle came out. James knew he could trust her with this and again kicked himself for not remembering this on his own.

James thought about her question a moment before he started to answer it. "When I turn...I can remember most of the transformation and some rare times I can remember finishing it. I wish I didn't, the breaking bones part is particularly nasty and I doubt any wolf really gets used to it." He picked up his drink and took a few long sips from it. "I have a little of control right after for a few moments and then nothing, I black out. I wake up back in my human form and bruised up from fighting against the chains. It's not pretty but yeah..that's why this potion is very important, I want to remember it all...I want to control myself fully."

James thought about what she'd said and wondered if it would help. "I've never tried that to be honest, it's a lot of trial and error for me a lot of the times. I'm open to anything though, anything is better than how I've been going about it." James gave her a thankful smile at her words, it was hard for him to see himself as a person during the full moon. He couldn't put his together to express how much that meant to him. "I know, I might...I might forget sometimes but deep down I know." He confessed in a softer tone while keeping his eyes on the menu she was holding. "I'd be a bad one though if I let you leave here without a decent meal though," he tried to lighten the mood, "I'm not cooking anything which is a plus but I did end up hiring a pretty amazing chef."

ELIZA KENEDY
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS
Pages: (2) 1 2 
ADD REPLY

Image Map
RP MONTHS JUNE JULY AUG SEPT
ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!