Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
ADD REPLY

I Just Want Your Extra Time And Your (kiss) [closed], with Ripley <3
+ London, UK
+ Pisces
+ Heterosexual
+ Single
ANDREW WHELAN
Record Store Employee
** Werewolf | AGE: 23 | 32 POSTS
Wand 25

11½" Cedar, Salamander Tail
NET WORTH: 180 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Ravenclaw) alternative text
Aug 23 2017, 04:39 PM
READING MUSIC FOR THE VIBES (JK JK but not really)

______

Ripley Barker. Andy chuckled at the name written on the post-it note that served as a reminder. Cool name, he thought. It was one of the reasons why he had advised his boss to hire her, when they had discussed and chosen the best applicant. That but mostly because she seemed like the most qualified and least annoying person to work with. He hadn't been involved in the interviewing process but the store owner valued his opinion and after all, he was the one who'd have to work with her. So Andy had been given a brief rundown of all the candidates and, based on their profiles and answers, had deduced that the good majority of them were snobbish hipster twats. He wouldn't be able to last a day around one of them without rolling his eyes so far back in his head that his optic nerves would snap. But the girl, she had seemed decent enough. Though frankly, why he was getting a new coworker was beyond him.
Okay, maybe sometimes he got distracted and forgot to do something, or did the thing quickly but with a lack of meticulousness. Attention to detail wasn't really his forte, though if he set his mind to it, he could be very attentive and thoughtful. But generally, he tended to think that no one would notice said details or that they were trivial. Other than that, he was a model employee. Perhaps because he was the only employee (full-time anyway). Nevertheless, he couldn't quite understand why his boss had decided to hire someone new. Yeah, the business was growing, and they were getting more and more customers, and sometimes it was hard to handle, but two people to do this job wasn't absolutely necessary, was it? ...well. Maybe.

Today was the day this new girl was supposed to come in for her training. It would be his first time seeing her, he didn't even know what she looked like. Not that it mattered in any way.
He'd have to explain everything and show her to ropes. How the organizing system worked, how to use the database on the computer, how to work the register, et cetera.
The store was relatively empty, with just a couple of teenagers browsing around, which wasn't worrying nor was it unusual for a Tuesday afternoon. Most people were at work. Which is why they'd picked this day to train Ripley. There wouldn't be too many people to attend to.
Side one of the Prince album he'd put on to play in the shop was nearing to an end as the two kids approached the register. He took care of them –they'd bought an old Queen CD– then flipped the record on the turntable to listen to side two.

As he waited for the trainee to arrive, he focused on the list of rare albums they hoped to find to add to the store's collection, occasionally adding or crossing out names for those they had recently acquired. He could do it on the computer, but using pen and paper allowed him to concentrate on the task at hand, rather than be distracted by all the apps, tabs and notifications that would pop up on the screen.
The popular song Kiss came on, and Andy, of course, couldn't resist singing along to a song as catchy as that, especially now that he was alone. "You don't have to be beautiful to turn me on," he started. As the song progressed, he started dancing (moving mostly his upper body) behind the counter, and rythmically tapping the paper with the top of the pen and his fingers.
As he belted (horribly) the last verse, now using the pen as a makeshift microphone, he heard the tinkle of the bell, announcing that someone had just pushed open the front door. He couldn't stop now, when there was only one sentence left to the song, though. "I just want your extra time and your... kiss!," he concluded, hitting the pen on the counter one last time for emphasis. The closing word had come out sounding more strangled than harmonious, but hey, he never claimed to have the same vocal range as Prince. Finally, he set the pen down and looked up at the newcomer. A pretty brunette was staring at him. He flashed her a smile, not in the least bit embarassed by his awful performance. "Hey," he greeted her as he crossed his arms to lean on the counter. "What can I do for you?"

RIPLEY BARKER
Party on, Wayne! Party on, Darth!
+ London, UK
+ Aries
+ Heterosexual
+ Single
RIPLEY BARKER
Record Store Employee
* Pureblood Witch | AGE: 23 | 8 POSTS
Wand 38

7" Chestnut, Dragon Heartstring
NET WORTH: 440 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Gryffindor) alternative text
Aug 23 2017, 07:54 PM
Today was the day that Ripley had actually been looking forward to - starting a new job. The clothing store she worked at previously just did not please her enough. Her coworkers were stuck up and a little too judgmental on the sort of clothes she would wear to work. So, she decided to quit that job and find a new one.

When she had stumbled upon the record store, her heart was immediately set on spending as much time in there as she possibly could. She hated to admit it but for a while she had just considered not having a job at all and just staying home. Ripley could afford it since she inherited her parents' fortune when they died. However, she was more determined than that. She knew she had to get out there and do something, whether it be working at a record store or becoming a bar tender. Sitting at home all day would simply make her stir crazy.

Ripley walked down Mirage Street, a bounce in her step going to the rhythm of the song she was listening to. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds was playing on her phone and she smiled as she thought about how much her parents loved the song.

When she walked through the door to the record store, the familiar scent of old vinyls hit her nose before she could even hear the small bell on the door chime. She heard a familiar song playing over the speakers and heard someone singing along. She looked over at the front desk and saw a guy singing, using the pen he was holding as a microphone. A hand shot up to her mouth to keep her from laughing out loud. He was cute, someone she knew immediately that she could get along with.

She made her way up to the front desk and smiled at the guy who was singing. She chuckled, "If I wouldn't have looked over here, I would have believed Prince himself were performing right here in this very record store." She winked at him. "My name's Ripley. I'm the new girl here... They told me my training was going to be today?"

OUTFIT
+ London, UK
+ Pisces
+ Heterosexual
+ Single
ANDREW WHELAN
Record Store Employee
Wand 25

Aug 24 2017, 05:58 AM
Upon hearing her "compliment", he closed his eyes and shook his head, a smug smile on his lips. "Thank you, thank you," he said. "You're lucky you were able to catch my show. Tickets are very limited." He returned her wink.
He was glad to find out that she was the new girl. They'd only met a second ago but he could tell that they would get along perfectly. Though admittedly, appearances could be deceiving. But so far so good.
"Oh right, right. Ripley." He pronounced her name slowly, letting the two syllables roll off his tongue. "...Well, miss Barker, welcome to Dead Wax Records," he grinned, extending his arms in a wide motion. "I'm Andy. The one and only," he said, as he held out his hand for her to shake. "I'll be the one training you. It's an honor. ...for you, obviously."

"First things first," he said sharply. He took a yellow sticky note from the stack, quickly scribbled her first name in caps, added a smiley face at the end, then, acting as if he were giving out something as precious as, say, a medal, he handed it to her over the desk. "That's your name tag. I'm almost certain neither of us will forget your name, so you don't actually need it, but I thought it'd be a cool accessory. My welcome gift, if you will. Treasure it," he said solemnly. Why he'd done it that, he didn't know. The name tag idea had probably just flashed in his mind because that seemed like what a bigger company, with more people, would do at orientation.

"So," he said casually as he walked out from behind the desk to stand before her. "I saw in your file that we were in the same year at Hogwarts. A lionhead, eh?," he quirked an eyebrow. Perhaps if he had paid more attention in school, he would have remembered her, although her name did vaguely ring a bell. Because how could someone totally forget such a cool name?
If he believed in fate, he might even think that something was bound to happen, given her surname, whether that something would be good or bad. But he didn't believe in destiny, so no such thought crossed his mind or troubled him.
No, Andy was blissfully unaware of what the wicked hands of fate had in store for the both of them...

+ London, UK
+ Aries
+ Heterosexual
+ Single
RIPLEY BARKER
Record Store Employee
Wand 38

Aug 24 2017, 07:55 PM
Ripley rolled her eyes with a chuckle. "Oh yes, I'm sure they sell out pretty quickly too." She looked him over once again quickly before he spoke again and she felt her cheeks grow a little warm. He was cute... really cute. A lot cuter than she had first noticed. Plus, his sense of humor was similar to her own from what she could tell so far.

She took his hand in her own and shook it gently. "Of course," she laughed again, tucking her hair behind her ear. "The pleasure is apparently all mine." Ripley took the sticky note from him and placed it on her forehead instead of on her shirt. "This will help you remember my name, right? I'll just keep it on here every day. That'll attract a lot of customers."

Ripley left the sticky note on her forehead while he talked, eventually actually forgetting about it until she saw it between her eyes. She took the sticky note off and stuck it to her shirt and looked him over once more, trying to remember if she recognized his face. "Is that so?" After she thought about it for a moment, he did look familiar. They probably had a few classes together at some point.

"A proud lionhead, yes," She puffed out her chest a bit. Crossing her arms over her chest, she thought about what house he had been in. Then, it came to her. "Ah, you were a Ravenclaw, weren't you?" She pointed a finger at him. "Looks like we've got a know-it-all in the building." She winked at him.
+ London, UK
+ Pisces
+ Heterosexual
+ Single
ANDREW WHELAN
Record Store Employee
Wand 25

Aug 26 2017, 10:57 AM
Still grinning, he shook her hand. Her laugh was warm and rich, and it delighted him that he was the cause of it. Some people didn't take to his humour too well. They either found it downright obnoxious or failed to understand that he was kidding. It was certainly nice to have someone who not only shared it, but had no problem his wit (and bad jokes) as well. He liked her already. ...and she really was very pretty, a part of his brain noted.

His eyes followed her hand and he let out a short laugh as she placed it not on her shirt but on her forehead. "Ah, thank you, that'll be very helpful. Though I gotta say, your name is pretty cool, so I'm sure it'll stay on my mind," he assured her, only realising afterwards that the last part could be interpreted as him thinking about her. "Are your parents fans of Alien?," he asked in reference to the badass lead in the movies.

As he walked over to stand in front of her, he realised that she had left the sticky note on her face. He was tempted to reach out and remove it but before he could act on it, she had remembered that it was there and moved it to a more sensible place.
It surprised him that she remembered his house. And it made him feel a wee bit guilty that he barely recalled her name. He'd like to think that he wouldn't have forgotten someone as cute, but sadly, he was just embarrassingly bad at recognising faces. Especially given that Ripley probably didn't look exactly the same as half a decade ago. The only thing that had come to mind when he'd read her file and found out which year and house she'd been in, was the vague memory that she had brown hair. But even that, he hadn't been sure of.
"I'm afraid so," he replied. "...I guess it's better than being a show-off jackass...," he added, lowering his voice and looking away as if he were thinking aloud. Naturally, he didn't actually mean that. A little playful competition between houses wasn't necessarily a bad thing, and it was fun to play on stereotypes, but that's what they were. Stereotypes. Hell, Ravenclaws were often seen as being extremely studious, but the opposite was true for Andy. He had hardly ever opened his textbooks back in Hogwarts.
"..but I'm impressed. You remembered me. Guess that means I'm unforgettable, huh?," he teased.

+ London, UK
+ Aries
+ Heterosexual
+ Single
RIPLEY BARKER
Record Store Employee
Wand 38

Aug 26 2017, 12:25 PM
Ripley's heart stung a bit when he asked if her parents were a fan of Alien. They were, in fact, huge fans of the film franchise and had named her after the main character. She smiled faintly, tucking her hair behind her ear again. "Yeah, actually, they were," she said softly. "That's who they named me after."

Her parents had been fans of everything muggle-related. They loved the culture including the films, music, any sort of entertainment. She had seen her mum curled up on the couch with a glass of wine watching a lot of their reality television shows. Ripley had always thought they were stupid, tasteless, and scripted but sometimes she would sit with her mum and watch just to keep her company. She missed those times immensely.

Ripley rolled her eyes when he referred to Gryffindors as show-off jackasses. She laughed and clapped slowly for him. "Oh, I've never heard that one before!" She stopped clapping and pointed a finger at him. "Don't forget that we dominated you in Quidditch most of the time. I was one of the beaters on the team and I sure know how to aim for the face." In fact, she knew how to do much more than that. But this wasn't the time to discuss that.

She bit her lip, trying her hardest again to remember what kind of classes they had together back at Hogwarts. "Well, the only thing I can remember about you is that you were a Ravenclaw so not that unforgettable, I'd say." She laughed again. "But anyway, shouldn't we be getting started with all this training shenanigans? Unless you'd like to keep arguing about whose house is better, I'm fine with that too."
+ London, UK
+ Pisces
+ Heterosexual
+ Single
ANDREW WHELAN
Record Store Employee
Wand 25

Aug 26 2017, 03:29 PM
Ripley had used the past tense to describe her parents. Immediately he regretted bringing it up. He wondered how long it'd been, but of course he couldn't ask her that. Perhaps one day they'd be friends enough for her to tell him.
She was avoiding his eyes and he fought the urge to wrap his arms her. He never really knew how to comfort people. He never knew what to say. For all his quips and incessant talking, he was at loss for words in those situations. But he didn't know how she'd react to a spontaneous hug, or even an awkward pat on the arm, and he didn't want to make it worse. So instead, he said "...Oh. I'm sorry." It sounded lamer than he'd wanted it to but he meant the words. He almost added that she could talk to him if she wanted to, but that might've been unwelcome, so he thought it best to just move on.

He crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow, unimpressed. "Oh right. Because 'know-it-all' is oh so original," he replied sarcastically, raising his hands to air quote.
"Dominated us?," he laughed. He leaned forward and lowered his voice, looking her in the eye. "Please. You Gryffindors wish you were as good as us."
He had a sudden flash of remembrance. Years ago, flying above Hogwarts' Quidditch field, a Bludger whizzing past him, grazing his ear. Him tossing the Quaffle and doing a barrel roll, avoiding impact by a split second. And on the other side of the field, a brown-haired girl in red robes, holding a bat. Grinning. "Wait a minute...," he said slowly, his eyes narrowing. "Are you the one who almost tore my face off with a Bludger? In sixth year." He had asked that question with a suspicious tone (although he was almost sure of the answer), yet a sliver of amazement shone through.

When she bit her lip, his gaze drifted to her mouth. It stayed fixated as she seemed to be thinking of something, and after a couple of seconds, Andy realised what he was doing and came back to his senses. He looked away quickly and hoped that she hadn't noticed anything. Why he had done that and what was going on in his head, he had no idea. ...But the more he looked at her and the more they talked (...and bickered), the cuter he found her. She was attractive, there was no denying that.
He cleared his throat. "Training. Right. Five points for eagerness. And minus ten for almost killing me on the Quidditch field. And arguing won't be necessary. We both know Ravenclaw's the better house," he winked.

Before she could argue, he moved to the nearest table, on which rows of wooden crates were aligned. He picked up a random record in one of them and turned to her. "The most important part of this job is putting away the records in their temporary homes, the crates" he started seriously. "Well, maybe not the most important. But still very important. How do you do it? Well, it's quite simple, I promise. Watch carefully." He let the record slide back into the crate. "Oookay, hope you got that. Now let me see how you do it," he said with a nod.

+ London, UK
+ Aries
+ Heterosexual
+ Single
RIPLEY BARKER
Record Store Employee
Wand 38

Aug 27 2017, 07:00 PM
When he apologized, Ripley wanted nothing more than to hug him. Usually she didn't like getting sympathy for her parents' death but as of late she had really been struggling. After moving out on her own and living alone, things were totally different and she started realizing how alone she was without her parents.

Alas, she refrained from hugging him because she figured it would probably be a little weird. She chuckled and pushed the thought of hugging him away when he brought up Quidditch again. "Oh yes, we dominated you. Trust me. We were the best Quidditch team that school has seen since Harry Potter was there." She knew this wasn't true, but she figured that to argue the point would be pretty entertaining.

Ripley gasped and a huge smile spread across her face. She covered her mouth with her hand, a rush of memory coming back to her. He was the Ravenclaw she had almost tore the face off of with her bludger. She burst out laughing, unable to control it for a moment then shook her head, still laughing. "So that was you! Well, I did tell you I aim for the face." She winked at him.

She opened her mouth to argue his point of Ravenclaw being the superior house, but she figured that they should probably get around to the reason why she was here in the first place. That argument could continue at a later date.

Ripley chuckled, watching him slide the record into its place. She took a step forward, ready to do it herself. "Oh, jeez," she said, holding the record up. "I don't know about this. You may need to help me." She was clearly flirting, there was no doubt about it. "Could you guide my hands for me? I think this task may be a little too difficult for someone like me." She laughed, waiting to see if he would actually grab her arm.
+ London, UK
+ Pisces
+ Heterosexual
+ Single
ANDREW WHELAN
Record Store Employee
Wand 25

Aug 28 2017, 11:19 AM
He was about to counter her assertion that her team had been the best since the 90s, but another idea came to mind. So rather than argue with her on that, he winked and replied "Maybe that's because you were on it." He had settled for that corny line, figuring that the unexpected compliment would throw her off guard. And frankly, he hoped to make her blush again, as a bonus.

The moment she recognised him as her Quidditch victim, she exploded with laughter. Watching her shake with seemingly uncontrollable glee, a wild grin broke upon his face and he had to press his lips together to stop himself from chuckling as well.
He forced himself to keep his face grave, though it was obvious by the way his muscles twitched, fighting to contract into a smile, that he was struggling. Unconvingly devastated, he clenched a hand over his heart and gave her a look of dismay. "You heartless woman. You laugh at my near-death experience. This is actually funny to you. You almost gave me a heart attack back then, you know. ...though to be fair, it was an impressive shot," he admitted. "How do you feel about almost destroying a perfect work of art? ...Good thing I avoided it, or else the world wouldn't be blessed with my glorious face," he couldn't resist adding, following it with a relieved sigh for added effect.

...Was she flirting with him? She was definitely flirting with him, he decided. He wasn't that clueless. Well, he wasn't about to complain. And if for a moment she thought that he'd pass up the opportunity to flirt back or to get close to her, she was very mistaken.
He groaned in exasperation, dragging his hand over his face in an exaggerated facepalm. "Unbelievable... will I have to show you everything? Because this is supposed to be the easy part of the job. There..." He moved behind her (to his ears, her request had sounded similar to a little challenge, and he certainly intended to win by piling it on. Hopefully he hadn't misread it and she wouldn't sucker-punch him or something) then, extending his arms on either side of her, placed his hands overs hers and held them lightly. Gently guiding her movements like a puppeteer would, he made her drop the record in its place.
"See?" he whispered against her cheek. "Told you it was easy." Still holding her hands, he made her clap.

+ London, UK
+ Aries
+ Heterosexual
+ Single
RIPLEY BARKER
Record Store Employee
Wand 38

Aug 30 2017, 12:22 PM
"Oh, stop, don't make me blush," She joked, rolling her eyes. But she was smiling and she was blushing. She tried to hide her face by looking around the store some more and taking the atmosphere in. Ripley had a pretty good feeling about this place and especially about her new coworker.

Ripley was almost choking from laughter when he kept a serious face, calling her a heartless woman. He was really funny, she could not deny that. She also really liked that about him. As of late, it had been pretty difficult to get even a chuckle out of Ripley. "Oh no," she said dramatically. "What would we do without this face?"

Chuckling again, she felt her cheeks grow hot again as he placed his hand over hers as he stood behind her. His hand was warm and gentle, she could already feel her heart beating a little faster as he guided her. He whispered in her ear and she felt chills go down her back. This was pretty pathetic, she thought to herself. She ignored the thought, though and giggled when he clapped her hands together.

"I couldn't have done it without you," She said, giving him a huge hug, adding a dramatic effect to her joke. But also because she wanted to touch him some more. "You're a life saver." She stood back and tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Well, is that it or is there anymore?" She said, looking around the store once more. Her eyes focused on the section where she could tell most of the 60's music was and her heart sank a moment. Ripley turned back around to him. "Hey, would you want to get dinner later? I need some more social interaction." She smiled. "I mean if that's a little much you don't have to. I just thought it could be nice to have some company. The last living thing I talked to was my cat and he doesn't say much."
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS
Pages: (2) 1 2 
ADD REPLY

Image Map
RP MONTHS JULY AUG SEPT OCT
ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!