+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
**** Halfblood Witch | AGE: 20 | 151 POSTS
Wand 56
9" Blackthorn, Cherub Feather
NET WORTH: 875 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Gryffindor) alternative text
Apr 22 2018, 02:05 PM
Lily has never liked goodbyes. They got her into a weird mood that she could hardly explain, let alone handle; after all, she was still socially awkward at times, although she was working on it.
Speaking of work - she put all her sleepless nights into it. The less she slept, the more she worked in the past 30 days. She couldn’t deal with her personal life much, it was way overwhelming with that date and Tristan and moving to the other side of the world... so she worked, kept her mind off of the others, and she thought she became pretty good at her job. She went to that business trip with Mr. Pierce, and thought how stupid she was before considering those rumours. Her boss was a nice person and a correct leader and she liked working with him. There wasn’t even the slightest hint of under him!
“Mr. Pierce, do you have some time for me?” she asked after knocking on his door and sticking her head inside a small whole while opening it. She fixed her perfect dress and wiped off a loose lock of hair of her perfect looking face, otherwise her hair was in a casual bun, overall she was aiming for a look that says ‘my life is great and I am so happy’, she hoped with looking spotless, her voice and overall energies won’t give her out. So far was that from the dream life, with the sleepless nights and overworking and heartbreaking comforting she was giving to a friend in need.
“I certainly didn’t want to leave without this.” Lily said with a bright and friendly smile and walked closer to sit down, putting a box in front of her boss, inside full with homemade eclairs.
“My mum made them, she sends her regards.” she added and sighed, as what was coming was a difficult and awkward conversation, but she wanted to tell him, because she felt like those things people say about him are just outrageously disgusting.
“Thank you ever so much for everything, I’ve learnt a lot that I can use in the new position at the MACUSA.”

CIAR PIERCE

Sweet Lily Nothings is online, subscribe, like, and leave a comment! <3
+ London
+ Libra
+ Pansexual
+ Single
CIAR PIERCE
Ministry Worker
*** Halfblood Wizard | AGE: 35 | 60 POSTS
Wand 2

10" Apple, Hippogriff Talon
NET WORTH: 1471 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Ravenclaw) alternative text
Apr 24 2018, 08:25 AM
Lily was leaving.

After his speculation following their initial meeting, and the interesting story he’d been told by Thibault, Ciar wasn’t sure what sort of opinion to form about Lily, but after their trip to Canada, he discovered that she was a hard worker and a delightful companion. In fact, he had grown quite fond of her during their time together. He thought she would go on to do really great things in government if that’s what she wanted to do, so when he heard she was leaving to work for the MACUSA, Ciar was sorry to see her go.

He heard a small knock on the door and his head snapped up to greet whomever was calling. It was a habit of his, a nicety to comfort whatever guest might enter. It showed that he was at least paying attention to them -- an illusion that he was meeting their gaze. When he heard Lily’s voice he smiled, and chirped, ”Of course! Come right in!” He pointed his wand and drew up a chair out of thin air for her to sit on on the opposite side of his desk and he stood, out of respect.

He heard the box being placed on his desk and as he sat with a smile the scent of chocolate and baked goodness wafted to his nose. ”Oh my goodness, these are my favourites!” he exclaimed with a tiny clap! of his hands together. ”Thank you so much. Tell Ginny ‘thank you’ and I hope she is well.”

Ciar waited a beat after her thanks. He had a lot to say to her and he wanted to be careful of how he said it. ”It has been a pleasure working with you, Ms. Potter,” he said in a serious tone. ”You are an endlessly hard worker, you are capable and strong, and I feel you’ll do very well in this world with whatever career you decide to follow.” He paused, hesitating, before adding, “I think you have the capability to outshine the family name that follows you.” He hoped she understood what he left unsaid. She didn’t need her fame or family connections to be successful, she was doing a fine job of that on her own. ”Thank you so much for all of your help!”

LILY POTTER
+ New Orleans // London
+ Leo
+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
Wand 56
Apr 25 2018, 10:39 AM
“I know.” she said very quietly, mainly to herself, when Mr. Pierce said that was his favourite. She has learned during the years how to do nice things for people, and not only be honest and straight forward all the times, as this last two on the list were making people uncomfortable very often - she was reminded by her family.
She looked up with a smile on her face and in her voice that wasn’t the usual, but considering the fact that Mr. Pierce mainly interacted with her during this month, when she wasn’t herself anyway, she thought he won’t recognise.
“I’ll tell her.” She crossed her legs and sighed, thinking about what would come, and then she felt grateful for the small talk and for his opinion. She was wondering if she could do this with proper sleeping and not being a workaholic, but wasn’t sure.
“Thank you for your kind words, Sir, it means a lot to me that you have a good opinion.” and she quickly wiped away a thought that was coming forwards in her head about a certain person, who they both knew, and who was the other half in the story causing her so much trouble. She even felt a little emotional from his words, and was thinking if he knew what he said was her goal here, and with the transfer too.
“I have something else I wanted to share with you” she started, and paused for a little, trying to organise the words she should use in a least uncomfortable order. Fighting for the impossible. “But before, I must say that I wasn’t affected by what comes, as a very kind common friend informed me about you beforehand, to know what to expect. Thibault?” Lily said, forcing herself to say his name again, and couldn’t help but take that detour in the conversation that she was both happy for and wanted to avoid.
“How is he doing lately?” she asked casually. Or she wanted to think she did. She hoped the answer will be a great description of misery and agony, because she couldn’t bare the thought that it was only her who was a shadow of her original self for a month by then. It was a very painful thought. She had seen an opportunity to ask and she couldn’t help but start fishing about him. She would’ve never thought Tibby told him about their date.

CIAR PIERCE
+ London
+ Libra
+ Pansexual
+ Single
CIAR PIERCE
Ministry Worker
Wand 2

Apr 25 2018, 04:09 PM
Ciar thought she had come a long way since the first time they'd spoken. He'd thought her a little bit odd when they had first met because she'd seemed to absolutely reluctant to have a conversation and, as best as he could tell, she was downright uncomfortable. He'd waited to pass judgement though, and he was glad he had, for she turned out perfectly alright to him. He chalked it up now to a bad day, but when she said she had something to tell him he found himself wondering if it had to do with their first meeting.

"Not affected by...?" This was beginning to sound interesting indeed, and then she mentioned Thibault.

Ciar was quite unsure how to react. Last time he had been to see Thibault he told Ciar about his absolute disaster of a date with Lily, how they had fought and she had even pulled her wand on him, and how he was afraid they would never be friends again. Ciar assumed they must have made up, at least somewhat, because Lily had referred to him as a friend and she was asking after him.

"Oh yes, Thibault!" he exclaimed as he sat up a little "Yes, I am quite close to his family. I've known Tee since he was born. He's doing alright..." Ciar deliberately did not mention any conversation they had about Lily. How dreadfully awkward. "Yes, he's busy a lot with his show and work and all...but still the same." He smiled as if he were saying something positive about Tee. He couldn't help but want her to think Thibault was a good person. He really was, and his worry about the situation proved this to Ciar after they'd had their strange date. From hearing about it, the date seemed all like a big misunderstanding. He hoped they would work it out soon.

"What is it you wanted to share with me?" he asked, eager to change the subject.

LILY POTTER
+ New Orleans // London
+ Leo
+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
Wand 56
Apr 27 2018, 09:19 AM
For the first time, her boss disappointed her with the information he shared. She couldn't help but watch his every breath, every bit of movement on his face, trying to find something, anything, that would give her more information. But he was not showing any sign of strange, and by his words, Tibby was "alright" and "the same".
“I'm happy to hear that.” she said, but her tone has spoken otherwise, and she was grateful he changed the subject, so hopefully, he wouldn't notice.
She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. A couple of years ago, when she was less trained about social boundaries considering how honest a person can be, she could've said it out loud easily. But since then, she has not only understood but can feel now how awkward the situation is.
“There is a very cruel rumor circling about you.” she has started, still setting the words in a line of order in her head.
“I have no idea where it came from as when I heard it, I didn't give enough attention, which I am now sorry for.” she added, and she knew the only thing coming was to finally say it out loud.
“It really is the worst because it affects new people signing up to work at the Ministry. They say that you, as a leader, enjoy interns company in a non-professional way... let it be consensual or forced by your position.” she paused and took another deep breath, wanting to give comfort about this.
“I apologize for not coming to you earlier about this. I didn't think it was true but wasn't sure how to talk about this as it is such a personal topic and disgusting lie. I know that whoever works in our department won't give a second thought to this ridiculous pile of nonsense. But I also thought you should know and have a chance to act upon it, Mr. Pierce.”

CIAR PIERCE
+ London
+ Libra
+ Pansexual
+ Single
CIAR PIERCE
Ministry Worker
Wand 2

May 10 2018, 10:56 AM
She didn't sounds happy to hear that. Ciar wondered about the situation for a split second, but then he stopped himself. Young love was young love. If they were having a problem, that was amongst themselves and had nothing to do with him. He told her how Tee was doing and that was that.

Ciar frowned when she finally spoke. A cruel rumour about him? "A rumour? What sort of rumour...?" He couldn't imagine that someone would spread something unkind about him, but he did work with many politicians, and they tended to get very cliquey there. He was interested to hear what they had to say, but he was a little nervous. He prided himself on having a stellar reputation.

They thought he was a pervert? Ciar thought about this for a second. It seemed very strange considering he had never dated anyone from the department...save for one a very long time ago. In fact, the more he thought about the rumour, the sillier he thought it was. He couldn't even see the interns, what was he going to do? Outright grab them?

He couldn't help it. A smile crept onto his face and grew bigger and bigger until he was laughing out loud. "Oh goodness, I am sorry, Lily," he gasped as he wiped at his eye. "I do appreciate you telling me this. Don't feel bad, my dear, please." He laughed again. "It seems that I've made an enemy at the Ministry, have I not?" It was sort of funny. "Well, anyone who's met me knows that I mean no harm, I think. I also think rumours are just that - they have no power and anyone so ready to pass judgement before having laid eyes on me is no concern of mine." He gave a polite smile. "Thank you for bringing this to my attention, Lily. I do hope this rumour didn't cause you to lose any sleep."

LILY POTTER
+ New Orleans // London
+ Leo
+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
Wand 56
May 13 2018, 10:25 AM
Lily, as she was sitting in front of her boss on the last day, realised, that she was only this nervous and uncomfortable the very first day she came to see him. And the topic was the same, that caused the uneasiness in her.
For a forever-lasting moment she didn’t know what to expect, but then Mr. Pierce started smiling, and ended up laughing, and she got so confused. It was so surreal for her, but then she also started smiling, and ended up giggling with him, for he gave an explanation.

“That’s such a relief you say that!” she said, breathing the air out heavily, like a stone rolled off of her chest. Mr. Pierce was clearly an honourable man, and she would’ve felt bad if she caused any trouble for him with what she had said - the only reason she did it is because she was afraid staying quiet does more harm on the long run.
For the next comment, she couldn’t help but think back to the previous topic, and the one person she didn’t want to give more thought to, but she had to realise she was lost.

“No, I didn’t lose sleep over this.”
”Your friend, the other hand...”
“So, are there any new interns coming?” she asked, casually chatting, as she just decided a moment ago that she’ll go to see Tibby. With that conclusion being made, she felt easier overall, and her smile was more genuine all of a sudden.

CIAR PIERCE
+ London
+ Libra
+ Pansexual
+ Single
CIAR PIERCE
Ministry Worker
Wand 2

May 15 2018, 10:01 AM
Ciar smiled at her. He thought she might have been more worried than she was letting on, but that also could have just been his perception of the event. He knew, especially in a professional setting, it wasn't easy to avoid rumours. He was sorry Lily had been swept up in that.

"No new interns at the moment," he said. "But they do come in often. Perhaps we'll get another one from one of the schools..." His voice trailed off as he remembered Hogwarts wouldn't be sending any more students to the Ministry for a long time. It made his head spin just thinking about it.

"Perhaps it is for the best that you are going to America," he said softly. "It might be nice to go to a new place, learn their customs, and be away from all this chaos for a while." As he spoke, Ciar gestured to the room around him, but he was referring to the state of the United Kingdom as a whole, and he felt she knew that.

LILY POTTER

+ New Orleans // London
+ Leo
+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
Wand 56
May 16 2018, 08:19 AM
“Do they usually stay here after the internship is over?” she asked curiously, as this was a topic she didn’t give much thought to before, not when she talked to any family member, or during her being in the Ministry.
Lily looked at Mr. Pierce with her head tilted, not knowing first where he was going with what he had to say, but she, of course, understood it all by the end, and drew a parallel in mind from the chaos around to the chaos inside her. At that time, she felt absolutely excited to go, and would never thought when the day comes, she’d rather stay.

“I think you’re right. I went to see the castle with my dad... well, what’s left of it. It’s so heartbreaking.” she commented sadly, and Harry did want to leave her home, but she didn’t take hostages in that question. He didn’t stand a chance against Lily and her will.

“I’m gonna truly miss this place.” Lily added with a nostalgic smile. When she thought about the other interns and people working on their floor, and Mr. Pierce, she couldn’t help but get slightly emotional. Goodbyes always did this to her.
“I’ll come and visit. I still remember when I was a little child, running around, hiding from adults in all possible places. I used to drive them crazy, once I think I entered the Unspeakable territory, it was really scary, and my dad still doesn’t know about it the very day.” she laughed gently, and was about to get ready to leave the office, as she was sure he had better things to do then listen to her.

CIAR PIERCE
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS
ADD REPLY

Image Map
RP MONTHS APRIL MAY JUNE JULY
ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!