+ Bisexual
+ Single
** Pureblood Witch | AGE: 20 | 38 POSTS
Wand 78

10" Ash, Sasquatch Hair
NET WORTH: 670 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Ravenclaw) alternative text
May 6 2018, 08:25 PM
Ever since the Battle of Hogwarts, one of the few little things that the Ministry implemented was a more rigorous program for Aurors to be well prepared for the possibility of future disastrous events. Harry Potter, Dumbledore’s Army, and the Order of the Phoenix were more than able to defeat the Dark Lord, but many of the younger warriors of that time had to pair informal teaching with their pure talent and will. Nowadays, the Ministry of Magic was more than willing to supply better instruction to aspiring Aurors.

Part of the Auror program in London was a dueling range for Aurors to practice during free time. Charmed dummies much like the ones Harry Potter used to help teach his friends dueling spells all lined up in a wide space. They were separated off into individual lanes and each lane would go to an Auror for about an hour. The dummies were set by difficulty and the Auror had one hour to destroy their assigned dummy. The challenge didn’t end there. The dummies were also charmed to send back simple disarming spells in an attempt to throw off the training Auror, so it was another thing to be prepared to defend against during that hour at the dueling range.

It had been almost a month since Quinn stopped by the dueling range to get any practice in. So by the time she had made plans to spend her afternoon there, she was itching to get to her lane. Of course, she didn’t want to go alone this time and enlisted the company of one of her few Auror buddies, Aria, to come along. With everything happening at Hogwarts, it was difficult for many Aurors to really find a break. Quinn was glad that she found this time and that she could bring a friend along.

”So what difficulty do you normally do here? The last time, I tried Impossible and it sure was,” Quinn asked Aria with a light chuckle as she slipped on her dueling gloves. ”Maybe we should try Hard. We could probably use the extra practice with everything going on, anyway. Whaddya think?”

ARIANNE HAZEL
me, an intellectual
+ London
+ Aries
+ Bisexual
+ Single
* Pureblood Witch | AGE: 24 | 3 POSTS
Wand 6

10½" Blackthorn, Thunderbird Feather
NET WORTH: 0 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Gryffindor) alternative text
May 7 2018, 02:05 AM
"honestly, I'v never used this place. All of my training was live against other trainees." Aria said her eyebrows raising slightly at the setup. Her hair was tied up a poney tail as she stood with her hands on her hips beside Quinn.

"But Dark wizards are not going to go lightly on us...so I figure we might as well turn it up as far as we can and just keep at it until we can do it." She nodded as she pulled out her 10½" Blackthorn wand which had been painted to have a purple handle. She would walk toward the start position as she hit the start button on a mode called 'Heroic" which was the one right above 'Very hard'.

"So I just have to try and destroy them in under an hour? They must be pretty tanky then right?" She asked as she watched her Dummy spring to life and instantly shoot it's disarming spell spell at her. "Not so fast" She said as she rotated her wand quickly as she used a shield charm. "And it's my turn." She said sliding forward with a graceful spid and a thrust of her wand. "Reducto!" She shouted.

A large blue blast of energy erupted from Aria's wand and collided with Her dummy causing a crack in it's form and a few pieces fell off but it was still standing before her.

QUINN TAYLOR@
Introspective
+ London, England
+ Virgo
+ Bisexual
+ Single
Wand 78

10" Ash, Sasquatch Hair
May 10 2018, 03:43 AM
The dueling range was a relatively new practice method in the Auror world, so Quinn wasn't surprised when Aria admitted to only having trained with live people. "I think you'll like it. It's still really good at keeping you on your toes and you can actually go all out on the dummy. At least, that was always my favorite part." She chuckled mischievously. The leather of her dueling gloves started to break in a little bit as she pulled out her wand and gripped it in her fingers. She stood next to Aria, eyeing her friend's first few shots at the dummy. Quinn nodded impressively at the fellow Auror; she may have been new to the dueling range but she definitely picked up quickly.

"Yup! They are, especially the higher difficulty you choose. They technically can be easy to knock out, but what's the fun in that?" Quinn stepped up to the lane next to Aria's and clicked the same setting. She got into her stance position as the dummy quickly popped up from the ground and started charging right at her. Each lane was unpredictable. You never knew what you were going to get.

"Stupefy!" The dummy halted in its spot, its whirring sounds intensifying as the spell rendered it stuck. It only took seconds before the dummy was able to back itself up and send two disarming spells right at Quinn. She easily shielded herself and regained momentum. It definitely wasn't her first rodeo here at the dueling range. "Confringo!" The ground below the dummy blasted into the air, sending the object flying back. Bits and pieces of its wooden torso were dented in, but it still wasn't out of the game yet.

"Whaddya think so far? It can get pretty challenging sometimes," Quinn chimed in as she blocked a few more disarming spells from the dummy.

ARIANNE HAZEL
me, an intellectual
+ London
+ Aries
+ Bisexual
+ Single
* Pureblood Witch | AGE: 24 | 3 POSTS
Wand 6

10½" Blackthorn, Thunderbird Feather
NET WORTH: 0 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Gryffindor) alternative text
May 16 2018, 09:51 AM
Aria nodded, as jumped to the left some dodging a few bolts from the dummy. "I mean it has its pros, though the dummy doesn't fight like a real person would." She said chewing her lip. "In a real fight, you would likely want to subdue i as quickly as possible or even avoid it if you can." Her tone was steady as she simply avoided the dummy's disarm attempts for a few moments. "actually why do wear those gloves? Do they help?" She wasnt wearing dueling gloves herself.

Then without warning, Aria dashed forward toward the Dummy closing the distance between her and it. She slid down on the ground and snapped her wand up to it and shouted"Incendrio". Flames shot of her wand and set the dummy alight . A black smoke rising and filling the room as its wooden body burned.

"What if it was. trying to destroy as many as you could in an hour?" She asked looking over at Quinn. "I feel like being faster and precise would help out more right? at least with this kind of dummy?"

"but what do you think about this whole business with those guys in the cloaks? I mean where should we start if were gonna get these guys?"

QUINN TAYLOR
Introspective
+ London, England
+ Virgo
+ Bisexual
+ Single
Wand 78

10" Ash, Sasquatch Hair
Today at 02:23 am
"That's true, though I'm sure these practice ranges can only go so far with copying reality until it starts to endanger other people's lives," Quinn retorted with a small shrug. It was up to an Auror to think like a dark wizard but dark wizards usually tended to be wildcards and impulsive. Each one had a specific style and it was difficult to predict what to expect out of each one--the true mark of a dark wizard. But that wouldn't stop a sensible Auror from trying.

Quinn nodded. "Good point. One on one duels are pretty different than having to fight back against a handful of them. Especially in these times, I figure they'd want us to know how to multitask beating a bunch of Purium wizards at once." Her dummy started casting a slew of disarming spells at Quinn and she waved her arm out in front of her to create a huge protective circle. The spells disintegrated as they flew through her protective barrier, though a few bolts of light bounced off and still hit Quinn in the knuckles.

"That's why," she replied with a dry laugh, "Sometimes the blast of certain spells put together can have some unexpected collateral damage. I usually wear them when I'm out on assignments for the Ministry, but I don't go home just because I left them there." Quinn smiled at her friend, though it didn't last for too long once Purium was mentioned again. She furrowed her eyebrows as she pondered how to approach such a secretive group. After her unexpected run-in with Royce, she knew that Purium was out there, but it was difficult to prove if they were involved with any recent events--even Hogwarts.

"Not sure," Quinn said through pursed lips, "They're masters at evading the public eye. You and I may even know some people who are a part of the whole thing but are keeping a secret that well." Royce. She didn't even know he was alive. "But I think something will rile them up enough to the point they'll make themselves known. And we'll be prepared for them when we get there." She held up her wand in a tightly gripped fist and grinned proudly. "Won't we?"

ARIANNE HAZEL
me, an intellectual
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS
ADD REPLY

Image Map
RP MONTHS APRIL MAY JUNE JULY
ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!

Currency Galleons
Minister Kristopher Norwood
Non-Magical Muggle