FEBRUARY MAR APRIL MAY

RULES

PLOT

THE APP

WANTED

HOUSING

CLAIMS

ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

[closed] Brewing Up A Mess
HAYDEN BUCHANNON
Bartender/Singer/Model

Wand 61

11½" Rowan, Veela Hair
Halfblood Witch | AGE: 22 | 104 POSTS

Ilvermorny Alumni (Wampus)
New Orleans

Virgo

Heterosexual

Single

2010 ʛ

Aug 22 2017, 02:17 PM

JAMES POTTER was going to owe her. Oh, who was she kidding? Hayden wasn't going to hold this over her boss/friend and she knew it. Even if she was missing out on some prime sleep time to come into work this early to give him cooking lessons. She stifled a yawn with the straw of her Butterbeer Frappuccino as she took another pull from the frozen coffee. Okay, so maybe getting up before noon was a good idea after all. She'd still rib him for it if given half, or even a third of a chance.

Which was probably one of the things that made them as good of friends as they were. Hayden hefted her bag onto her shoulder a little better before getting sidetracked by a shop that happened to catch her eye. Glancing at the time she decided to duck in real quick. What could she say? It wasn't often that she got to go in shops these days without having to rush or have a pint sized tag-along. Not that she didn't mind her sister being with her. It was just rare that Hayden got that type of time. At least without feeling guilty. And knowing her sister was having a ball with some of her school friends? Meant Hayden was guilt free today as she popped her earbuds in and pressed play for some music to further help get her going.

Ten minutes later and a much heavier bag, Hayden was almost dancing out of the shop and finishing her walk to Mischief Managed. She could have apparated there, but where was the fun in that when she had needed to go to the market too. Besides, it was a nice day so far; warm with a great breeze coming off the Gulf. It almost had her wanting to skip teaching lessons to go soak up the sun and play in the water.

Maybe after. She was at the club and it was go time as sunglasses made their way to the top of her head as she pushed her way inside. It was weird, being at work this early in the day, and she would have much rather taught James in her own kitchen that she knew like the back of her hand, but this was easier. Or so she told herself.

Okay, so maybe the next lesson could be at the house, she decided as she headed into the kitchen and found a space to set up. Today's lesson was going to be something... somewhat easy. Hopefully. Finding where she wanted to set up, Hayden cranked up the volume on her music and stuck her phone in the back pocket of her shorts. She had time to set up before James was supposed to meet her, which meant Hayden had time to dance around the kitchen like an idiot -- grabbing mixing bowls, pots, and basically anything else she saw she'd need. Occasionally, a line or two from a song went from being mouthed to blurted out to what she thought was still an empty kitchen. She was halfway in the walk-in refrigerator when one of her favorite songs came on, and Hayden suddenly became a bundle of dancing, bouncing, head bobbing ball of energy. If only she knew she had an audience!

The second she turned around Hayden froze. A line from the song died in her throat, mouth open for a moment before she snapped it shut and felt heat racing up her neck and into her cheeks. "Hey James." Act like he saw nothing! Sheepishly she pulled one of her earbuds out and ducked her head with a grin before making her way over to their work station. She was dying to ask him how long he'd been there. How long had he seen her acting like a total idiot? Instead, she focused on why they were there. "So, ready to learn to cook rice," She had told him she was going to start off easy before a grin broke across her face. Rice wasn't the only thing she was going to teach him to fix. "And gumbo?" Gumbo had been one of the first things she'd been taught to cook. So it'd be his first. From her at least. "And if you're still feelin' froggy after all that, we'll do somethin' sweet."

Considering murdering someone who suggested fairy princess costumes for me and Tas who saw the text
JAMES POTTER
Owner of Mischief Managed

Wand 51
11½" Cedar, Werewolf Fang
Halfblood Wizard | AGE: 23 | 137 POSTS

Hogwarts Alumni (Gryffindor)
New Orleans

Sagittarius

Heterosexual

Single

145 ʛ

Aug 27 2017, 10:33 PM

Normally mornings after the full moon were rough on James but today was a rare exception. He'd woke up and greeted the morning with a bit more pep than usual. He wasn't sure what it was but he wasn't going to be silly enough to question it. He'd woke up earlier than his alarm had gone off but surprisingly he still felt well rested. After getting ready and a snap away from apperating he stopped, his blue eyes found his key ring and decided to take his car out for a ride.

As he rode down the street he stopped by his favorite little shop and ordered a few coffees and breakfast food items. He was stuck in about ten minutes of traffic but he seemed to enjoy it, much to the annoyance to the drivers around him. He went over the shipments for the week, confirmed payments for them as well as managed paychecks all while stuck. He was grateful for the extra time he didn't have to spend down in the office doing such things. He made it to the club a little later than normal but enjoying the drive had been worth it and he planned to do it more often. He whistled lightly as he walked in and placed the goodies on the bar for any employee that wanted some. James waved and greeted the few people there before making his way into the kitchen, cautiously sipping on his own coffee.

The sight of this caused him to stop, a look of shock coming over his face. There in the kitchen was Hayden dancing about and sorting things she needed for their lesson he guessed. James bit back a smile as he watched her move with ease around the place and sipped on his drink. She hadn't noticed him yet and he was weighing his options on if he should make himself known or not. He decided not to interrupt her, he figured he'd let her be happy before she spent her day trying to help him master the stove. He found that he really really enjoyed her cooking but her dancing was just as entertaining. The look on her face, however, took the cauldron cake and James couldn't help but laugh which caused him to choke lightly on the coffee.

"Hayden..." He managed to say, amusement clearly in his voice as he cleared his throat and walked fully into the kitchen. A light smirk claimed his lips as his blue eyes found hers. "Hmm...rice...." He thought though clearly still amused at the scene before him. "Gumbo!" He knew he might have sounded more excited then he'd meant to but he couldn't help himself. "Something sweet....I don't know what could top the dancing but if you want to try, please...be my guest." James smirked and chuckled lightly at his joke. "Really though, you're making one of my favorites and sadly the only Gumbo I get is from the CrabShack down the street. Ugh....if you teach me to cook that...mmm." The sentence died there as he thought of the flavor of what they were about to make. "I'll have to give you one hell of a raise."

HAYDEN BUCHANNON
Why is the Rum always gone? 😲
HAYDEN BUCHANNON
Bartender/Singer/Model

Wand 61

11½" Rowan, Veela Hair

New Orleans

Virgo

Heterosexual

Single

2010 ʛ

Aug 28 2017, 01:51 AM

Hayden was ready to apparate back home on the spot. Just from the amusement in his voice and the look on his face, Hayden could tell he'd been watching her. Though for how long was the million dollar question. At least he didn't decide to completely mortify her and comment on all the antics he'd just caught her doing. "Yes, rice. Rice is easy. The worst you could do is make it gummy or sticky and then we could always try making sushi." Well, he could burn it, but Hayden was confident enough in her cooking and teaching skills to believe he wasn't going to burn anything. Hayden was optimistic like that.

Though when James perked up over what else was on the menu? Hayden couldn't help but grin. A grin that turned shy as she felt her cheeks start to flush a faint shade of pink at the mention of her dancing. Clearing her throat and rolling her eyes, Hayden focused, "My cooking, and what I have in mind as far as sweets, greatly outdoes my dancing." And that was the truth.

"Uhm, who is it that has a standing invitation to the Buchannon house a few streets away, where he can get homemade gumbo, jambalaya, red beans and rice, shrimp and grits, fried gator, and a plethora of other heavenly meals that won't cost him a thing?" Hayden teased, hands going to rest on her hips as one brow arched slightly. "And I do plan on teachin' you to cook gumbo today. It was the first thing Momma and my grandmother taught me to cook. So, figured it can be your first." She added in with a sassy little smirk.

And then arched her brow again over the thought of a raise. While one would be nice, there was something at the moment she wanted a little more. It wasn't like she was hurting for the money at the moment anyway. "Give me tonight off, and we'll call it even. I've... got a thing I was going to have to skip on with my little sister." Green eyes lifted as she gave her best impression of a very hopeful little sad puppy as she asked for what she wanted instead. It was last minute, but her sister had only asked her that morning for time with Hayden.

Before he could really give his answer, Hayden was moving around the kitchen again (though considerably less entertaining than before) and finished setting up their work area. "Alright bossman, c'mon and let's get to cookin'."

JAMES POTTER

Considering murdering someone who suggested fairy princess costumes for me and Tas who saw the text
JAMES POTTER

Wand 51

New Orleans

Sagittarius

Heterosexual

Single

145 ʛ

Sep 7 2017, 01:47 PM

James couldn't help but watch with amusement as she started back to moving around the kitchen. He placed the coffee cup aside and took in what she was saying on rice though he had to admit, she looked adorable when embarrassed. "Don't challenge me on messing up the rice, I'll find a way..." He joked and placed his hands behind his back and walking the kitchen stations as he'd seen last night on Master Chef. "Oh I think I'll have to be the judge of that, your dancing was pretty cute though I'm sure you could have planned some sweets that would rival your moves. Intrigued minds are dying to know." He laughed slightly and listened to her list of foods that made him hungry.

"I'm going to play nice to keep that standing invitation too. All those things just make my mouth water, seriously I would have to go back to take out if I lost that. That or trying to cook on my own, I doubt the local fire department would be happy with me though." He mused as he looked through the different ingredients laid out before him. James would have never guessed what half of this stuff was but he was sure the end result was going to floor him. "As long as I'm not eating you guys out of house and home. Since being a wolf my appetite is larger than life." Regardless though he wanted to give her back something for being this generous with him. His apartment actually had real homemade food in it because of this lady in front of him. "My first...I'm glad you have this much faith in me." He stuck out his tongue at an attempt to be funny.

Her request for the night off caused him to look at her and chuckle. Her puppy eyes were adorable and caused him to roll his eyes playfully at her. "I suppose I can part with you tonight for your little sister's sake. It's hard to say no to a face like that but you have to know that already." He smirked and keep looking through and opening up things. "Please give my best to your family though." He added and rubbed his hands together, nodding at them getting started. "First step," he laid his phone on the top self and had the dial pad ready, "have the fire department on speed dial. Before you ask yes I do and no I have no shame in it." He mused, grinning from ear to ear.

HAYDEN BUCHANNON
HAYDEN BUCHANNON
Bartender/Singer/Model

Wand 61

11½" Rowan, Veela Hair

New Orleans

Virgo

Heterosexual

Single

2010 ʛ

Sep 7 2017, 07:06 PM

"Think like that, and you will. You've got to think a little more positive." Hayden gently chastised him with a grin before arching a brow at him. "Someone watches Master Chef." She chuckled as she noticed he was moving around in a fashion almost identical to one of her favorite celebrity chefs. "Gonna start callin' me Chef now?" Yep, she was going to tease him as much as she could since he was giving her his own brand of it about her dancing. "I promise, my cooking is way better than my dancing. I'm not even sure I want to know how long you were there." She groaned with a shake of her head.

"James," Hayden stopped what she was doing to turn to him and tilting her head with a really, we've gone over this look. "I've gone from cooking meals for seven, to two. Even bringin' you the amount of food I do? I still leave enough for me and Tassy for two meals. Your wolfy appetite doesn't hurt us. The only time you might not get as much is when my brothers are home." She assured him matter-of-factly. Giving him the leftovers made sure he had a good meal and saved money, while making sure that the food didn't go to waste before Hayden or her sister could eat it. So it was really a win-win situation.

"Hey, if I can learn to cook it as young as I did? You've got this." She teased, darting over quickly to playfully poke him in the ribs on the way to grabbing one more thing they needed. "Besides, someone's gotta have faith in you." She fired back, turning around to walk backward and poke her own tongue out at him with another grin.

Chuckling she came back and stood off to the side, leaving him in front of the measured out ingredients for the gumbo first. "Tassy says thank you, and she's who thought to offer sweets as a way to hopefully convince you." She chuckled, although she actually was a little in the dark on how effective her puppy eyes were. Even if he said otherwise. "As far as the face, I had a great teacher. She's got the market cornered on the sad puppy eyes I think." And if that wasn't the truth! The fact Hayden often felt guilty about the little eight-year-old losing her parents, probably didn't hurt either. "I will. You know you're gonna get a mini me flying at you next time you come over right?" She could hear her little sister's squeal already when Hayden came home and said she didn't have to go back into work tonight.

Leaning against the counter beside him, Hayden nodded toward the ingredients. "I've made it easier this time, since it's your first time fixin' it by measuring everythin' out for you. First thing though we need to cook our chicken, sausage, crawfish, and shrimp." Because Hayden liked her gumbo a little on the loaded side. "I went ahead and seasoned everything too, savin' you some prep work and cutting our time in the kitchen down by like fifteen minutes or so. Doubt you wanna be stuck in here with me all day. As far as the fire department, I have an energetic, curious, and very creative eight-year-old at home. I have a button on both phones specifically for 911." She chuckled before continuing to direct him as need be on how to cook the gumbo.

Normally, Hayden was good about not invading personal space, but as she helped James with different aspects of the gumbo, or in this case, leaning in to taste it, she couldn't help but invade his every so often. "A good cook, always tastes their food as they cook to make sure it tastes right. I'm sure you've noticed that on Master Chef." She informed him after dipping a clean spoon in the heavenly smelling pot of cooking gumbo. It didn't feel awkward at all, until she happened to look up and see just how much she was invading his space. "Uhm... sorry James." She apologized sheepishly, taking her spoon and backing away to taste. Not... bad. Not bad at all. Maybe there was hope for him after all!

JAMES POTTER

JAMES POTTER

Wand 51

New Orleans

Sagittarius

Heterosexual

Single

145 ʛ

Sep 16 2017, 06:22 PM

"Ok but just a little more, Chef." He chuckled lightly to himself, amused that she'd called him out on that and being a fan of Master Chef. "Ah...it just happened to be on one night, Tuesdays at 8pm, if I had to guess that is." He winked at her and watched as she continued to move around with ease. "We shall see, I was standing there for a bit so you'll have to prove that statement to me." He sipped a bit more of his coffee, there was no way he was going to let her live any of that show down. "I'd rather come in to find you dancing then Mick, to be honest, I doubt he's as graceful." James was sure that had Hayden wanted to cook here that she would give Mick a run for his money.

A small smile claimed his face as he listened to her assure him she didn't mind fixing the extra meals. "I hear you, trust me. You've saved me from being lectured by my mother on more than one occasion." He shuddered at the many conversations he'd had with her trying to get him to come home so she could stuff him like a goose. "She tends to worry I'm not eating right and thanks to you I can tell her that's not the case. Between your generosity and teaching me the ropes in the kitchen, I might be able to cook more than cereal." He gave her an appreciative smile, she'd helped him out more than she knew. Granted his mother had sounded very interested in the young lady feeding her son and had slipped in a few times of wanting to visit, no doubt to meet her. "She hasn't even met you but she likes you already, you keep the meat on my bones." He bowed slightly and raised a brow at her as she left.

When she returned, James was trying to familiarize himself again with some of the ingredients that she'd laid out. His choice of having next to no breakfast was already starting to haunt him. His eyes found her once again, his smile returning. "I wouldn't dare to disappoint her, to be honest, those puppy eyes are killer I'll admit. They got me to give her my slice of cake last time but you didn't hear it from me...there was a pinky swear involved, very legit." He mused, Tassy reminded him a lot of his own baby sister and their close bond. "She's a sweet kid..."

James listened to her intently, he was glad she'd done the prep work as that was the only part he could actually do alone. It was after that he wandered around lost and burning everything in his path. "Very very efficient Chef," he mused, "and no I don't mind being stuck in here with you, I don't see how any guy would, beautiful girl and great food. Now the fire department...yes I do mind that." He joked, knowing full well that she had thought of just about everything and was impressed to see he'd been right. James moved over a bit and as she instructed started to cook the gumbo, it didn't take long before his stomach reminded him of his ill choice of having an extremely light breakfast, it already smelled so good.

He nodded and followed suit, picking up a spoon and tasting the creation in the pot. Normally he would have been nervous but he knew he was in good hands. When the taste registered he was happy and feeling a bit proud of himself. "It tastes really good already and nothing is burning so that's a plus right?" He laughed and savored the taste that he'd become addicted to when moving here. "Master Chef...yes ma'am." He looked down at her and noticed how close she was to him, he also noticed her move away and apologize. "Extra dash of adorable?" He asked, a smirk slowly claiming his lips.

HAYDEN BUCHANNON
HAYDEN BUCHANNON
Bartender/Singer/Model

Wand 61

11½" Rowan, Veela Hair

New Orleans

Virgo

Heterosexual

Single

2010 ʛ

Sep 16 2017, 11:04 PM

Hayden couldn't help but grin and shake her head at him. Well, they at least had that show in common. Hayden enjoyed watching it and getting ideas for new recipes or just seeing how creative other home cooks could be. "If I remember right, I think your guess is spot on." She teased with a grin before nearly choking on her own coffee when he mentioned Mick dancing. And her imagination decided to paint that picture for her. Yeah, when compared to the normal cook, coming in on her dancing was a much better visual.

At the mention of his mother though, Hayden's smile softened as she remembered her own mother fussing similarly over the boys. Even Hayden when she'd been playing Quidditch full time. "Glad I can rescue you from lectures. By the time I'm through with you, when she comes to visit I'm confident you'll be able to prepare a full meal, dessert included, when she comes to visit you next time." She assured him with another warm smile before chuckling. "Fixin' cereal is not cookin' James." She teased before shrugging and blushing slightly as she was informed his mother already liked her. "I'm sure you'd still have meat on your bones even without my help. You just keep a lil more with it." She laughed with another shake of her head before disappearing to grab a few more things.

"I was wondering why she was so hyper before bed. I knew one slice shouldn't have had her that wound up." So that mystery was solved as she shook her head again as he mentioned the pinky swear. Hayden's heart melted ever so slightly as he told her what she already knew about her sister. "Thanks." There was no need for any other words, Hayden knew she had a gem for a little sister. A trooper with a heart of gold that was handling everything better than most kids her age might. Even if Hayden did know it got to the little girl more than she tried to let on. Just like her big sister.

One brow arched though at him, and before she could stop herself, Hayden's mouth opened before she could think about what came out of it next. "Well, there's not exactly a line of guys waitin' to trade places with you." She blurted out as almost more of a sigh. There wasn't any sarcasm or bitterness. Just a hint of the loneliness that hit her from time to time. "Not even the fire department. So either I need to burn somethin', they're missin' out, or I need to step up my cookin' game." She added in with a chuckle to turn the slightly sour comment into a joke.

A comment she felt bad about after the fact, even with the joke and decided to stick to directing him only as need be with the gumbo going forward. Until it was time to taste it anyway. "That's a big plus." She agreed with a smile as she ducked away with her taste test and arched a brow at him, the spoon halfway to her lips. "Me? Adorable? C'mon now. I lose what little street cred I have left as a kick-ass Beater if word gets out I was called adorable." She teased back, poking her tongue out at him with a grin once she'd tasted his gumbo. And was extremely pleased with the flavors that hit her taste buds.

"Besides, you need to start on the rice. Quit tryin' to butter up your instructor." She fired back at him sassily as she nodded to the next part of the meal she had laid out for him with a grin. Okay, was it her imagination or was... no, stop there. Definitely was her imagination. She needed to focus on what they were doing. "Turn the gumbo down to simmer, so it can just soak up the seasonings while you fix the rice. And so you won't burn it." Because the whole reason they were there, was so he could learn to cook without risk of burning the club or his place down.

JAMES POTTER

JAMES POTTER

Wand 51

New Orleans

Sagittarius

Heterosexual

Single

145 ʛ

Sep 20 2017, 02:23 PM

The idea of him being able to make a full meal for his mother amused him greatly but he appreciated the vote of confidence. Hayden was giving him a bit too much credit, he hoped to be able to make a non-burnt grilled cheese but she had other plans, tastier plans at that. On the flip side, it would put his mother's mind at rest with him at least, for a bit. Bringing up Hayden had perked his mother's interest in other sections of his life outside of the kitchen, his mother was a riot.

James laughed as she tried to make a point about him fixing cereal and being a master at it. "What do you mean it's not cooking?" He asked, amusement clear in his voice. "I don't know how many times I have to tell people, it's all about the milk to cereal ratio. If you don't get it right it throws the whole bowl off." He waved his hands as if he were talking about some expensive dish when in fact he was talking about AccioPops. "Plus you know, if they have marshmallows then you have to account for time, no one wants mushy cereal." He smirked over in her direction, clearly happy with himself. "Maybe I'll give you a lesson or two in return, I am a sort of cereal connoisseur after all."

The deal between him and her sister made him laugh again and he shook his head. "I don't know what you're talking about." He played innocent but winked at her, he wasn't going back on his pinky promise. "Yeah, I'm not buying there are no guys dying to switch with me. Granted I wouldn't switch to start with." He lightly nudged his shoulder to hers. "Nooo don't go burning anything, they aren't amused when I do it, I'm starting to think they are running a pool on how many calls I'll make but anyways.." He chuckled and took the last sip from his coffee before discarding the cup, "you've already owned the cooking game. I'm kinda of shocked you haven't left me already to open up a Resturant."

"Ohh ho ho, I forgot about your street cred." He joked, nodding and trying to keep from laughing. He'd seen her hold her own while working there and he was very impressed, to say the least. The girls there seemed to always give the boys a run for their money, a fact that amused him greatly. "I promise your secret will be safe with me, I'll even offer to pinky swear if you don't believe me, Tassy will vouch for me I'm sure." James gave her a brilliant smile and stuck out his pinky for good measure, he wondered how she'd respond to that.

His smile stayed as she told him to cook the rice and stop messing around. "Yes Ma'am, you're the boss." He nodded and put a bit of water in a pot with salt and added the rice as he'd been told to. He reached over a bit too carelessly to turn the Gumbo down and burnt a finger. "Bloody hell!" He hissed and drew his hand back, moving over to the sink to turn on the cold water. He let out a small chuckle and shook his head, there was no way he'd get through a session without burning something, even himself. "I think I'll live, they're only a bit red....so still rare." He tried to joke though he was in a bit of pain still.

HAYDEN BUCHANNON
HAYDEN BUCHANNON
Bartender/Singer/Model

Wand 61

11½" Rowan, Veela Hair

New Orleans

Virgo

Heterosexual

Single

2010 ʛ

Sep 24 2017, 10:50 PM

"Cooking requires, y'know... heating up a stove or an oven and actually cooking, James." Hayden jokingly retorted before rolling her eyes at his rebuff. Which turned into a laugh as he offered to give her a lesson or two in return. "James, while I have all the faith in the world I can teach you to cook. With some things? You're absolutely hopeless." She got out in between her giggles. And it was certainly the truth with him. At least on some things. Others? Maybe there was more hope for him.

"You do realize, you blew your cover already by sayin' you gave her the cake right? Cut the innocent act." She fired at him sassily, trying hard to keep a straight face before failing miserably and breaking into another round of giggles. At least before the topic of her and guys came up, and Hayden got quiet pretty quickly. "Hey, no one wants a workaholic that is more mom than a sister to her little sibling apparently. So looks like you're stuck with me. At least for cooking lessons anyway." She half chuckled before rolling her eyes, again at him. When was the last time she rolled her eyes and had this much fun with someone? It had been a while. "Hey, you're not a kinda pretty leggy brunette with a killer smile. They might not mind comin' for lil ol' me." She teased with a chuckle of her own before shrugging again. "I enjoy cooking, but not enough to do a restaurant. At least on my own. I'm... honestly not sure what I want to do now that I'm not playing Quidditch anymore." She admitted, probably to the first person ever since things happened the way they did.

Not even her family knew she felt lost as far as what to do for a real, steady profession. So she kept up her three little jobs. Besides, she enjoyed working at Mischief Managed. Even if it wasn't her dream job.

Another grin and shake of her head and Hayden had gone from watching him to starting on getting the dessert items together and started. "I'm actually going to work on dessert for you. It's a lil more complicated for a first lesson, so some of it I'll work on while you tackle the rice." She explained before sighing dramatically. "I'll take your word for it." And without hesitation she stuck her own pinky out and hooked it with his. "If Tassy vouches for you, knowing how serious we take our pinky swears in the Buchannon house, then I trust you." She chuckled before going back to work on getting dessert started.

But everything got put on hold the second he burned his finger. "Careful!" She warned a little too late as she turned the gumbo down for him and backed off the cold water just a tad. "Don't want it ice cold, that can cause it to blister." She warned gently as she eyed his finger, and then looked up at him with an apologetic smile. "You'll live. If you have aloe, put some of that on it later. It'll help if there's any pain or irritation. For now, just keep running the cool water over it." And then remembered a trick from her grandmother that had her scurrying back over to their cook station and scooping up a finger full of butter. "Here, this actually will help." she offered as she grabbed a rag and gently dried his hand off. With that done, "Nurse Hayden" rubbed a generous amount of the butter on the burn and then washed the rest off her hand. "Grams taught me that. Every good cook gets burned at least once in the kitchen." She chuckled as she held up one arm to reveal a faint scar on the back of her forearm. "Backed up against a hot cookie sheet. Left me with a nice blister for about a week. Grams put the butter on it, and it helped with the initial burn pain."

During all of the commotion, Hayden had forgotten about what she had been working on, and that she'd flicked a quick charm on the dough and ingredients to keep things going while she checked on James. The thing about quick charms was that they didn't know when to stop sometimes, and after a little too much stirring, sugar, yeast, and chopped up chocolate there was a reaction. One that resulted in the start of a very chocolatey dessert exploding and covering the entire kitchen as well as teacher and student in chocolate dough.

JAMES POTTER

JAMES POTTER

Wand 51

New Orleans

Sagittarius

Heterosexual

Single

145 ʛ

Oct 22 2017, 07:46 PM

"I don't know what cover you're talking about woman, I have selective amnesia so there." He mused, having used that same joke in a lot of other situations. It never worked but he was still going for it. James found himself chuckling at her comparing herself to a mom rather than a sibling. "Well if that's the case then you can relish in the fact that you're a hot mom. Really, I have so many jokes I could bring up right now but I'm going to be a good boy. That...and I don't want you to go get Janet on me from HR." He beamed, that conversation would be an interesting one for sure.

James scoffed, "Of course they wouldn't mind coming for you. You could get away with it, me on the other hand no." He pretended to pout a little as if he were annoyed by that fact too. "I doubt a hairy redheaded wolf is what they want to see so yeah, you got me beat sister." He smirked and took in the scent the food was giving off. James found himself getting excited all over again, he should have been taking notes but he was a bit distracted.

"That's understandable. Going from playing Quidditch to having a more static job here is a big change." He nodded, there was once a time when he thought he'd be traveling the world playing that sport but life had turned left on him. "Like I said before, you're more than welcome to come in here and cook if you don't feel like dealing with the folks at the bar. You have a real talent for it, I'm sure you'll find what it is you want sooner or later." He wanted to assure her that he really did understand where she was coming from. In doing so, he'd have to share a bit about his history as well. "There was a time when I was going to play Quidditch professionally myself but it didn't work out. Personal things in my life kind of hit the fan and buying this place, as run down at it was when I first saw it, brought new life to me." He confessed, a slight smile played on his lips as he recalled the memory as clear as day.

"Ow ow.." He cried, being overdramatic when she took his hand to tend to his finger. James raised a brow at her about the butter, thinking it to be rather odd but he didn't say anything. He figured there were secrets in the cooking world he had yet to learn, this being one of them. He sighed in relief though as the pain that had been pulsing started to calm down. "I don't know, I think I might have to go to St. Mungos, they might have to remove it...who knows." He joked, shaking his head as the pain kept easing off. "If you hadn't of been here I would have stuck my whole hand in ice, so thank you for the tip. Would have done me more harm than good I see."

Those were the last words he got out before an explosion happened. James could only stand there as the chocolate concoction Hayden had been making took on a life of its own. Every inch of the place was covered and he stood there with a confused and rather dumbfounded look on his face. It took him a moment to realize that she wouldn't be able to see it due to it covering his face. Slowly he reached up and wiped it away as best he could. He looked over at her and reached around to open what used to be a cookie jar. With the cookie in hand, he moved it over her cheek and ate it, a light chuckle escaping him as he did so. "Hmm you're rather tasty." He got another cookie and repeated his actions, his laughter becoming louder by the second. "I can see me doing this but you? You doing it was the...icing on the cake." He snorted back a laugh. "Too soon?"

HAYDEN BUCHANNON
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply