Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
ADD REPLY

My Funny Valentine, closed: lily
+ New Orleans
+ Sagittarius
+ Heterosexual
+ Complicated
JAMES POTTER
Owner of Mischief Managed
**** Werewolf | AGE: 24 | 171 POSTS
Wand 51
11½" Cedar, Werewolf Fang
NET WORTH: 6340 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Gryffindor) alternative text
Feb 22 2018, 01:34 PM
On any other day, he would have been knee deep in his work at Mischief Managed. His club has always raked in a lot of business during the holidays and today was no exception to that. Instead, though, he'd made a bet with his cousin Fred and lost miserably. Now he was at the bar ordering a drink he was sure he wouldn't like and waiting for a blind date Fred had set up.

Being back in London wasn't all bad, he'd have to visit his old haunts and check in on a few faces while he was around. He knew he'd get an ear full if he didn't manage to see his parents while there. James chuckled to himself at the thought of getting a hower at work and at his age. He wouldn't put it past his mother at least. It seemed the longer he was away the more she tended to worry. He stared at the drink the bartender placed in front of him and studied it before drinking it. "I imagine that's what glitter would taste like." He mumbled to himself before placing a different order.

LILY POTTER
Why is the Rum always gone? 😲
+ New Orleans // London
+ Leo
+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
***** Halfblood Witch | AGE: 20 | 214 POSTS
Wand 56
9" Blackthorn, Cherub Feather
NET WORTH: 630 ʛ
Feb 22 2018, 05:23 PM
The day had finally come when her efforts to get some actual romance in her life paid out. She had a date. Lily, being Lily, was very excited and was trying outfits for hours before she got to the place they agreed on. This was not at all a new thing, setting up dates on the magical web, but she never tried it before. There are all sorts of stories how dangerous it is, so she took her time to find someone who doesn't seem like a creepy sociopath. Her brothers being away also helped a lot, but being busy at work was an obstacle she had to get over, so Valentine's day seemed perfect.

She knew that the best thing she could do is getting there early, so she could familiarize herself with the place and get a drink. Boy, she needed a drink! She walked straight to the bar nervously and all embarrassed, not looking around at all. She ordered her drink, described it as "something very strong" and then when she got it, she heard a very familiar voice about three seats away. She didn't want to believe it, but it became very clear that it was really her big brother.
"James!" she shouted out loud, and sort of flew around the other chairs and people that started choking from the surprisingly loud voice she made to throw herself on her big brother.
"What are you doing here?! Hey, you didn't even tell me you're coming! Hah, you wanted to keep it a secret!"

JAMES POTTER

Sweet Lily Nothings is online, subscribe, like, and leave a comment! <3
+ New Orleans
+ Sagittarius
+ Heterosexual
+ Complicated
JAMES POTTER
Wand 51
Feb 22 2018, 11:00 PM
James handed over the galleons for his new drink, pleased he'd gotten a better one than the first. His eyes scanned the ever-growing crowd around him as he nursed the drink. A girl not too far from him did not look amused at the gift her boyfriend gave her. James couldn't help but snicker, he felt bad for the bloke who looked a little taken back when she walked off in mid-rant. Outside of that the couples in the room were enough to make any single person sick but he wasn't quite ready to join the lonely hearts club.

For a moment, James thought that maybe Fred had been pulling his leg about the blind date. He looked at his watch and noted they were a little late. Suddenly he heard his name being called and it broke him from his thoughts. Eyes wide, he looked up to see a redhead making her way over to him. His face instantly lit up as he locked eyes with his baby sibling. "Lilypad!" James chuckled and patted the back of one of the guys Lily had startled before he hugged her back. "I lost a bet with Fred, shocking I know. It was a last minute thing too so forgive me for not texting." He grinned and tapped the counter absentmindedly. "What about you? Any bloke here I should give the talk to?" He smirked, his blue eyes darting around to find a potential target.

LILY POTTER
+ New Orleans // London
+ Leo
+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
Wand 56
Feb 23 2018, 03:48 AM
She could hardly believe her luck/unluck. Luck because she could see James (and in a very questionable environment) and unluck because of her date. She thought about it just for a second maybe and realized it's definitely luck. No boys can be nearly as important as seeing her big brother... at Puddifoot's... on Valentine's Day.
"You shall be forgiven" she said like a good-hearted queen, and then turned to the person sitting next to James.
"Do you mind, Sir? One doesn't see her big brother every day after he moved to America, even if one's a Potter." said Lily in a very charming manner, asking the stranger to move one spot, making the whole line at the bar move one chair away. She didn't at all feel embarrassed or ashamed, in her sort of weird world, this was an absolutely normal request. He should have offered himself!

"Of course you lost a bet!" she said it out a bit too loud and excited, but then she quickly tried to be less hyper about the fact that he was there and asked "what bet?" with a more sympathetic manner, and that's when she remembered her date and started praying for him not to turn up.
"Me?! No... no one... I just wanted to, uhm, see how this place looks like, you know when there's a romantic event going on. But I never even think about guys in that way... bruh... I'll probably die alone with dozens of cats, I mean dogs, I mean wolfs."

JAMES POTTER

+ New Orleans
+ Sagittarius
+ Heterosexual
+ Complicated
JAMES POTTER
Wand 51
Feb 23 2018, 02:46 PM
He could only laugh and shake his head in defeat. "I know I should, Fred always seems to best me don't he?" James chuckled again, "I'm holding out hope that one day I'll be the victorious one but until then." He took a sip of his drink before answering. "Oh...ha I would rather not get into details on that. Highly inappropriate and I'm sure Mum would box my ears. However, it resulted in me being set up on a blind date of his choosing." He glanced down at his watch and felt almost relieved. "I think that I've been stood up though if there was ever anyone at all." He mused, figuring that this might have been Fred's plan all along.

James couldn't help but notice her fidget a little when he brought up her having a date tonight. He narrowed his eyes at her and smirked slightly. He might be a werewolf but he didn't need those abilities to read something was a little off about his baby sister. "Overly pink, as per usual. I thought I got a little dizzy from the bubbles they have going at the entrance." He chuckled lightly and smiled. "You don't even think about guys that way...huh.." He repeated her words, his smile slowly turned into another chuckle and a full-blown smirk, he wasn't buying it. "If Mum had it her way you would be surrounded by wolves, she's dropping hints on me making her a grandmother." James finished off his drink before his eyes found hers again. "Not a single bloke is on your radar? Trust me, I'm not complaining but your rambles are giving me pause." He raised an amused brow at her.

LILY POTTER
+ New Orleans // London
+ Leo
+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
Wand 56
Feb 28 2018, 10:41 AM
She'd have loved to ask more details about that bet, but she didn't. Yes, she'd just let that one go. As her mum always told her: "choose your fights wisely".
She laughed at James' description of the place and totally agreed. She was also always finding it too pink, even for her romantic soul. It was just too much.
"I know, right?!" said Lily, and hoped that the whole topic of her being there wouldn't come up. Oh, how wrong she was!
Luckily, she got saved by her drink, but soon after arrival she couldn't decide if it put her into more trouble, or James will just be cool about it. So she took a waiting position.

"Grandmother?! No, no, nooooooo, NO! James, look, I am way too young to be an aunt! Don't do this to me, please!" she cried out loud, which, let's face it, was a good enough try. But not enough to make her big bro change the topic.
"Nope, not a single bloke, as you say." she said, and realized, that after this lie she had to send a message to the net guy that the date was canceled. So she took out her phone from her jeans' pocket and hoped that James won't really notice the subtle movement.
"What about you? No girlfriend?" she asked, and then as a savior came the thought of a topic that could distract him.
"How are you with the whole wolf life now?" asked Lily slightly quieter, leaning in, because that was a sensitive topic of which he didn't really talk about to no one.

JAMES POTTER

+ New Orleans
+ Sagittarius
+ Heterosexual
+ Complicated
JAMES POTTER
Wand 51
Mar 1 2018, 09:58 PM
"Besides the blind date, I was going to come out either way. I sort of made it my new years thing to not work so much. It's taken me since February to give it a go but better late than never." He eyed her drink for a moment and smirked lightly. His blue eyes scanned the crowd for their brother but he doubted he'd catch him alive here. Albus was most likely at his club trying to drink him out of business. "You're growing up too fast Lilypad.." He chuckled and shook his head as if he was talking to a teenager. He couldn't help but see his kid sister in front of him regardless of her being an adult herself.

"Ha! Thank you! That's what I told Mum, I'm not trying to become a dad." He almost shuddered at the thought for more reasons than one. He was a werewolf and he didn't want to pass that along. It was a very real fear that he hadn't been brave enough to voice to anyone. James eyed her as she told him again there wasn't anyone attached to her. He was about to say something when his phone buzzed and quickly checked the message. His brow frowned slightly as he replied before his attention was back on his sister. "Me? No...no girlfriend not after the last one sent me on a rollercoaster." He forced out a short laugh. "There was one girl that had caught my attention but she ghosted me after Christmas." He laughed, slightly amused. He'd done the same thing to girls in his youth so he figured it was karma coming for his arse.

James weighed the options to answer this and figured that even if he told a half-truth she'd see through it. "It's...an adjustment. I've been working on being more aware of what happens during the full moon. Until I can get a better hold on it, locked in the basement of Mischief Managed is where I'll stay." He gave her a hopeful smile, he'd failed more times than he was willing to admit but he kept on. "What about you Lil? Life in London without being under our watchful eye has to be more exciting for you. Though I'm always going to be protective and most likely threaten any guy you deal with. I'll be...nice." He smirked.

LILY POTTER
+ New Orleans // London
+ Leo
+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
Wand 56
Mar 3 2018, 12:16 PM
"Good. Because I miss you a lot."she said, slightly looking away for James' sake. She didn't have a problem expressing her feelings to her big brother at a public place, several awkward moments and fights from their childhood can prove that, but since she was older, she knew James would.
Looked like that was enough for James not to make a big deal out of her ordering alcoholic drink... even though she wasn't old enough. She took the opportunity though, and maybe went a little too far, not knowing when to stop.
"Great! Let's drink to that!" she said, raising her glass up in the air, all ready to drink it, and then sipped some of it, just giving a good reason to create her own death when the next topic came up. She managed to somehow swallow the sour and burning drink that was not at all yummi, but she tried to keep that part altogether, at least.
"Oh, thank goodness..." said Lily, and she was much more willing and happy to hear about James' girl troubles.
"Well, what can I say? We, girls, are DUMB!" came the last word a little too loud, and at that point, it could be from the drink or just because she's Lily.

She realised again that it's time to do something about the net guy, so she changed the subject and tried to pick her phone out. She rather just placed it next to her arm on the bar, because the conversation was much more interesting. She sipped some more of her drink while listening to James. "I'm proud of you, big bro'!" she said, but more likely it was the alcohol that controlled her movements as she gave him a rather awkward punch on the arm, trying to make the situation less uncomfortable for him as he was just talking about this publically to her. Luckily, her phone buzzed, and she quickly picked it up from the counter and checked it, sending a very quick 'Hi' to the guy she was about to meet.
Before she could answer, she quickly told James she had to go pee, then jumped off the chair and got to the named place surprisingly quickly. She couldn't possibly talk about how life is without him and Albus being in London with the shadow of her date walking in anytime.

JAMES POTTER

+ New Orleans
+ Sagittarius
+ Heterosexual
+ Complicated
JAMES POTTER
Wand 51
Mar 7 2018, 02:25 PM
The tone in her voice made him realize just how long he had been gone. He had no excuse that would make up for it, magic was literally at his fingertips and yet he chose to bury himself in work. James had never really got into why he left London but he assumed it went without saying. Though now he wondered if he shouldn't just confess it openly to his sister but thought against it. A full moon must be on the rise or the drink he'd had was stronger than he realized.

James chuckled at her comment and shook his head. "I think guys still have you girls beat when it comes to being dumb," he joked. "Though I can't say that I blame the girl. We come from a pretty well-known family which means everything we do is in the spotlight one way or another." James finished off his drink and examined the glass as if it held the answer to his unasked question.

The light buzz from Lily's phone broke him from his thoughts and his blue eyes fell upon it before settling back on her face. He raised a brow and was ready to tease her about who it was that wanted her attention so badly. He'd figured it was one of their cousins or one of her many friends but her sudden urge to leave gave him pause once more. James watched his little sister run off to the bathroom before turning back to the bar and ordering a nice fat steak. "There are games afoot.." He mused and before he could think any more on it he saw a note with just his first name sprawled on it sitting in front of him.

LILY POTTER
+ New Orleans // London
+ Leo
+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
Wand 56
Mar 13 2018, 06:56 AM
"Oh, yeah, that's hundred percent true"she said all naturally, but she had a smile waiting to blossom on her face in the corner of her mouth.
Then she only listened to the rest of James' explanation about the girl, and his last sentence gave her something to think about. It stayed with her for sure, although obviously, she always knew that is the case, but then, from him, in that conversation, she really understood every aspect of it, or so she felt like.
Her phone was the one that got her attention from her thoughts back to real life, and she rushed off to the bathroom quickly. She knew she had to deal with the guy because she wanted to ask something from James, and she couldn't have him walking in on them. That would be terrible and really distracting. There was a line, which just helped her case, she quickly texted Hugo all panicking, asking him for advice about what she should do, and when she did everything she wanted, she looked into the mirror to gather some well-known bravery. She quickly turned away, before her thoughts could stop her, and marched out, back to James.
"I want to move into your place" she said it out loud as soon as she got close enough to him, with one breath quickly leaving her lips, feeling like her knees are going to bail on her. She knew she should give more explanation, but she was so happy, that something that was bothering her for a long time finally stopped being a burden on her, that she rather grabbed her glass and emptied it all.

JAMES POTTER

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS
Pages: (2) 1 2 
ADD REPLY

Image Map
RP MONTHS JULY AUG SEPT OCT
ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!