Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
ADD REPLY

[m] Money Don't Grow On Trees, ~Belle
+ London
+ Scorpio
+ Asexual
+ Single
* Werewolf | AGE: 37 | 11 POSTS
Wand 55

11" Cedar, Salamander Tail
NET WORTH: 35 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Slytherin) alternative text
May 9 2018, 04:16 PM
Miach sat on the ground, frayed robes dragging in the dust of the gutter as he tossed stones at the wall opposite him. The brick wall behind his back belonged to Borgin and Burkes, a store he wasn't particularly fond of, but one that was a good location for people in need of his services. The brick wall in front of him belonged to Dystyl Phaelanges, a shop that sold bones, fangs, and objects for the home made of bones and fangs. Pointless place. He threw another stone at the wall. It bounced off and echoed through the tiny alleyway.

As was common in Knockturn Alley, it was mostly quiet. No foot traffic had developed during his time sitting there and he had only heard a few people pass on the main alley. Miach didn't spend a ton of his time sitting on the ground outside random shops, but today he was meeting someone.

A letter had been sent to him by owl. It was vague and only stated a date and time, but he knew exactly what it was about. He was proud to say he had developed a reputation on the dark market for making damn good potions. He made quite a good amount of money from them too, and so it wasn't often that he turn down the offer for a job.

Mostly people ask for stupid things. Alihotsy Draughts or Volubilis Potion were common ones, though Miach couldn't imagine what people wanted them for. He also had many orders of Calming Draught, which was highly addictive, and Felix Felicis, although that didn't come cheap. He had yet to encounter an order he couldn't deliver, however, so he waited, quite comfortably, for his mysterious customer to appear.

BELLINDA GREYBACK
fuck off
+ Unknown
+ Taurus
+ Asexual
+ Single
* Werewolf | AGE: 35 | 19 POSTS
Wand 45

12" Blackthorn, Werewolf Fang
NET WORTH: 620 ʛ
No Alumni alternative text
May 10 2018, 05:17 AM

She needed one more case to be done. When you’re one of the most hated werewolves not only because of your late father, but your own doings, you cannot exactly travel internationally by floo powder or a broom. These trips always needed great care and consideration, illegal portkeys and other solutions were useful. Like the fact she could change anytime and run around as a cold blooded wolf. Sometimes she thought she was less of a monster while being in her doomed creature form.
Her business was easy and simple at Borgin and Burkes, it didn’t even take long, and they’ve known each other with Nari well enough. She crawled out from the shop with a little bag in her cloak pocket, and looked around. The one she meant to meet was already there.

“Miach O’Reilly, the potion brewer living and breathing” she commented with her usual bestial grimace on her face, that could be considered a smile. Her actual smiles were kept for investors.

She made her way towards the Leaky Cauldron, with a simple and rather elegant wave of her hand, telling the man he should follow, and once there, checked out a nicely separated spot at a table, and sat down.
“I’ve come across your name quite a lot lately. Are you any good, as they say?” Belle asked, but she simply wouldn’t have been there if she had doubts. Her informators were well taught about the consequences of misleading words. This was simply chatting from her side, but the other didn’t have to know.
“Since when are you my kind?” she asked after, looking deeply in his eyes, not like she was any good at legilimency, no matter how long she studied, but intimidation was, on the other hand, absolutely her style.

@[MIACH O’REILLY]
let it burn
+ London
+ Scorpio
+ Asexual
+ Single
Wand 55

May 10 2018, 09:26 AM
The voice he heard wasn’t pleasant. It sounded as if it couldn’t decide if it belonged to an animal or a human and Miach quickly decided that the person attached to it couldn’t be very pleasant. He wasn’t afraid. Emotion rarely touched him anymore. He looked up lazily as a woman approached him. To his moderate surprise, she wasn’t as ugly as he had imagined. She looked rather put-together. Quite fierce.

”Aye, that’s me,” he said slowly. No sooner had she arrived than she was walking away from him again, waving a hand. He took his time getting up and sauntered after her, out of Knockturn Alley, up Diagon Alley toward the top of the street, and through the brick wall entrance. The Leaky Cauldron was dark and damp. They took a popular table in the back, near the fireplace which was empty and cold.

Was he as good as they say? ”I don’t know what they say, so I can’t speak to that,” he said looking at her. This woman was clearly a werewolf. Many people hid it well. It wasn’t often clear that one was a lycanthrope, but this girl had it in her face and her posture. It made him a little uncomfortable that she was flaunting something he had spent his entire life trying to hide. ”I can make you potions if you need them. I’ve never failed a request before.”

Her kind. No doubt she was asking when he had been turned. It was an odd question, one he had never been asked before, but something in her eyes told him that she thought it was her right to know. How did she know he was a werewolf, he wondered. Perhaps she smelled it on him. He didn’t like that.

”What does that have to do with our business?” he snapped. He didn’t like being asked personal questions. ”If you need a potion and are willing to pay for it then so be it. What do you need?”

BELLINDA GREYBACK
fuck off
+ Unknown
+ Taurus
+ Asexual
+ Single
Wand 45

May 10 2018, 02:58 PM
If she could read his mind, she would answer to the fact that she could, indeed, smell him out. It was no big deal for her as she was half a beast in her human form too, changing back and forth over and over again did have several effects on her womanly body.
She nodded to his words and was feeling like this was a challenge. She doesn’t often work with outsiders, especially new people, she had her circle of soldiers that did the work for her, but every single one of the potion brewers failed her with her request, that’s why she was there, and that’s why she was curious if he could do it after all.

She raised her eyebrows when the man snapped all of a sudden. So he wasn’t comfortable being a werewolf, that was interesting.
Then he made a huge mistake to talk to her the way he did. Her nails scratched on the top of the table for a second. She wasn’t used to people talking to her in a disrespectful manner at all. The first instinct kicked in, and she wanted to punish this noone, for letting himself speak up against her. He should know where his place is - and this was the thought that saved him. The man’s place. There was something odd about his smell, something she couldn’t really put into the right place just yet, something... familiar. She knew she could put the puzzle together if she could get a sniff in her wolf form, but the time wasn’t right, and she was running out of that. She needed that potion more and had to figure out who this bastard was, so she decided to let him live, unpunished, until he finished the potion. If he could make it... if he couldn’t, that’s a whole different story. She’ll play with him after.

She pushed a piece of paper towards him with the potion’s description. It was, as she became to know, a very complicated one from the ingredients to the brewing because it was all a part of a blood-spell, that was supposed to connect two together, one as a superior, who’s able to punish the other through their connection.
“Can you or can you not cook this?” she asked as the shadow of the smile was long gone from her face.

let it burn
+ London
+ Scorpio
+ Asexual
+ Single
Wand 55

May 10 2018, 06:59 PM
She obviously wasn't happy that he was being rude to her, and this gave Miach a little bit of smug satisfaction. Not used to someone refusing to pamper you, princess? he thought as he glared at her. He eyes her nails scratching into the table and tightened his grip on his wand stowed away in the pocket of his robes. If she decided to attack him he would probably be toast immediately, but after a moment she seemed more concerned with the aforementioned potion.

He took the bit of parchment and examined the chicken scratch on it. Erumpent tail, lacewing flies, salpeter...strange incantations... Miach scanned the ingredients list and the necessary steps three times before speaking. "This is very old magic," he said. It was very dark magic, really, but he was sure this woman was aware of that and that's why she had trouble finding someone to make it for her. It needed sacrifice and the blood of two living individuals.

"I assume, this is for you?" he asked, finally looking up for the parchment. "This will take me a few weeks to brew, at least. Administering it will be time sensitive...and you'll need the cooperation of both recipients." He wasn't sure how well-versed in this area she was, but surely she realized it wouldn't be able to be delivered in a bottle whenever she wanted.

He wondered vaguely if she wanted to administer it to her entire pack...he knew werewolves had a pecking order. Perhaps she was the alpha and she wanted to physically control all of them. The idea frightened him. "I also don't know if this can be used to connect more than two people," he added quietly as his eyes fell back to the parchment.

BELLINDA GREYBACK
fuck off
+ Unknown
+ Taurus
+ Asexual
+ Single
Wand 45

May 13 2018, 05:07 AM
Belle didn’t waste her time saying the obvious out loud, only nodded to the fact that it was old magic. She was only interested about his answer, if he could get it done, or not.
“It is, indeed.” she answered with no hesitation, as she found nothing threatening in the fact that he knew who will be involved in the outcome of his work. At least one recipient.

She wasn’t aware of the fact that the other half, connected to her, must be willing to be part of this bond.
“So you need the consent of the other end of the magical bond. In what form?” she phrased her thoughts out loud, just to make sure there’s no misunderstandings. With potions, the details were always terribly important.
“What about the blood donation? Can it be forced, or must be willingly given?” Belle asked the next detail about it, not like she couldn’t force anyone into willingly sacrifice the liquid flowing in their veins.

“If it cannot, I’ll might just be a regular customer, if your potion turns out satisfactory for my expectations.” Belle knew most people would rather take this as a threat than a promising business plan, but had no information, how Miach would think of it.
She didn’t need any more vocal clarification of the fact that the half-wolf could do the job. What he said so far was enough for her, and there was no turning back. “Name your price.”

let it burn
+ London
+ Scorpio
+ Asexual
+ Single
Wand 55

May 14 2018, 09:52 AM
What form of magical consent? Surely someone like this would just use the Imperius Curse on whoever they were trying to bond themselves to. Miach eyed her. That would surely be terrible for the person on the receiving end. "They have to speak the incantation and relinquish the blood themselves," he said slowly. "Like...cut themselves. Willing give up control." He paused. "I'm going to take a guess that whoever you're giving this to won't want to give up control."

He didn't think anything of her offer to be a recurring customer. "I can make it for you." His eyes scanned the page again. "Supplies for this will cost a few hundred galleons...it'll take me three to four weeks to brew..." He did quick calculations in his head. "A thousand galleons," he said. This looked like one of the most difficult potions he'd ever have to brew. Part of him wondered what would happen if he messed it up. He'd have to do it with no interruptions.

"I can't start it until two weeks from now. I'll gather ingredients, but I can't start brewing until the twenty-third." He was sure she'd be put-out by this, but he couldn't risk having the full moon fall in the middle of the process. He needed to have his wits about him.

BELLINDA GREYBACK
fuck off
+ Unknown
+ Taurus
+ Asexual
+ Single
Wand 45

May 16 2018, 03:07 AM
The incantations were latin, if she understood right, so that might have her a chance to get this done.
“I don’t suppose so...” she said, still in her head, trying to think how she will get the other to go through this. Surely, there was Imperio to use, but she found so much satisfaction in threatening and terrorising people that she wanted this to be done in an other way, over magically forcing. The horror of the mind as somebody agreed to do what she wanted in order to save someone, for example, was a good enough scenario for her. People are so driven by their feelings for others, it was simply odd for her - she always preferred instincts over emotions.

Belle listened to the rest of what he had to say, and then leaned in closer, as this was the negotiation part. Lucky for Miach, it turned out in his favour, but then again, did it really?
“I give you five hundred more if you... forget to mention the part of losing control in my benefit to the other party.” she said as she put her fingers together in front of her, looking into the man’s eyes.
“And the protection of a pack - if the potion turns out useful. You have to get it done ASAP.” she added, as for her to wait that long was really triggering her not-at-all nice side.

let it burn
+ London
+ Scorpio
+ Asexual
+ Single
Wand 55

May 16 2018, 04:01 PM
Five hundred more galleons? It was tempting, but not enough to get him to interact with anyone else. "I won't be telling the other person anything," he snapped. "I'll be handing you two vials with potion in them and some instructions. i don't want to be anywhere near you or your..." He hesitated. "...er...counterpart when this potion takes effect." He scoffed a little, eyes skimming the page once more before sticking it in his pocket.

He thought the deal was done, until he heard her final offer. She wanted it ASAP. Well, after the full moon was as soon as possible, so she would just have to deal with it. "Two weeks." he repeated, eyes locking with hers. She was difficult to look at, but he held his gaze.

"And I don't need the protection of your pack," he all but spat. He puled a scrap of blank parchment out of his pocket, along with his wand, an whispered an incantation under his breath that would make a binding contract. Tugging a fountain pen out of his pocket, he scribbled the following:

1000 galleons in exchange for service of blood-binding potion on May the 16th. To be delivered within a month's time.

At the bottom he signed his name and then pushed the parchment and pen toward her. "Name here," he said as he pointed beside his own. "Full name," he added. The spell would only be binding using her full, correct name.

BELLINDA GREYBACK

fuck off
+ Unknown
+ Taurus
+ Asexual
+ Single
Wand 45

May 17 2018, 05:21 AM
That shadow of a wolf made her reconsider how much she wanted that potion over and over again, with his disgraceful behaviour. But she wanted it enough to practice some self-control. Although someone will clearly suffer for what he was doing.
Her grip tightened again, over nothing just bare air. She held his contact of eyes, but then nodded, although the next minute, when he pulled his wand out, and started a binding spell, she could only laugh at him.
“I don’t sign contracts.” Belle looked at the piece of parchment with disgust. Who needs a contract, when you have the power to force through agreements?!

She simply pulled out a small sack from her pocket and dropped it to the man sitting at the other end of the table.
“You’ll get the rest when you’ve delivered.” she spat the words at him, it was five hundred inside. Somebody like her didn’t have money problems... she only had her way of getting investors which she wasn’t fond of. Although when deals like this worked out, it was all worth it at the end, and when they didn’t work out, she still managed to have her fun, that others might call revenge. She stood up, ready to leave, as the deal was done in her understanding.

let it burn
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS
Pages: (2) 1 2 
ADD REPLY

Image Map
RP MONTHS APRIL MAY JUNE JULY
ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!