DECEMBER JAN FEB MAR

RULES

PLOT

THE APP

WANTED

HOUSING

CLAIMS

ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!

UNITED KINGDOM
Ministry of Magic
CURRENCY
GALLEONS (GOLD)
MINISTER
HERMIONE WEASLEY
MUGGLE
NON-MAGICAL

Add Reply

[closed] Among The Flowers, TAG: FINLEY
GALINA MIKAEV
Head of Creature Regulation

Wand 84

12¾" Cherry, Mermaid Hair
Vampire | AGE: 137 | 24 POSTS

No Alumni
Wales

Virgo

Bisexual

Single

285 ʛ

Dec 21 2017, 02:18 PM

Galina stood inside the large event tent that was set up on the grounds of the Pixie Place. The tent was set up specifically for vampires and other light sensitive magical creatures to be able to enjoy the charity event like everyone else. There were flowers and beautiful arrangements all around the tent floor and walls. The charity event was set up by a third party for magical creature rights, and seeing as she was the head of the Magical Creature Regulation Department at the Ministry, it was almost required that she attend. Not that she minded, she loved the Pixie Place, but hadn't been able to visit the lovely grounds in years.

Galina made simple conversations with other witches and wizards along with other magical creatures that were in attendance. She knew that the media was there and she had to be polite, not that she wasn't usually, but sometimes she would have avoided a few of the guests. But this event was for the benefit of all magical creatures so she made the exceptions.

She pulled away from a conversation with a Goblin and walked to the far wall of the tent and looked at the good sized gathering that was there to support magical creatures. It made her happy to see all the support, but she knew they all still had battles to face. Hell, for her life alone, she had struggled to get her job as the head of her department. And she really wasn't that old in comparison to other vampires that she had met in her life. Galina sighed lightly as she ran a hand through her hair smoothing down the knots that were appearing in it, as she observed the event.

FINLEY MUNRO
Perhaps I should pick up ballet again...
FINLEY MUNRO
vampire rights activist

Wand 38

11½" Cypress, Unicorn Hair
Vampire | AGE: 19/34 | 27 POSTS

Hogwarts Alumni (Gryffindor)
no permanent residence

Virgo

Bisexual

Single

20 ʛ

Dec 23 2017, 03:50 PM

Don’t stare, don’t stare, do not stare.

Damn it. Fin was definitely staring.

She ducked her head, forcing herself to take a sip of the drink in her hand. She wasn’t sure what it was, exactly, as she’d taken it off the waiter’s tray in a daze, but it tasted faintly of blood. It was nice of the organizers to think of some of the guests’ unique diets, and the idea that it was no longer that radical of a decision made Finley happy, grateful that she was living in a time where progress was happening every day and taking part in it herself. Her kind’s lifespan could span centuries, and still not all vampires had been as lucky as her to witness these things firsthand.

That line of thought and the drink she was having only managed to distract her for so long, though, and soon Finley found herself seeking out that same figure in the crowd again. Galina Mikaev had grown to mythical proportions in Fin’s imagination, only half real, the rest too legendary to think of as anything but fabled – and she was here. Fin was trying to only glance at her from the corner of her eye, so it wouldn’t seem like she was outright stalking the other vampire’s progress through the room, which she… sort of was. Maybe. How well that was going for her, Finley couldn’t really say.

She wasn’t used to being so anxious at the prospect of walking up to someone and striking up a conversation. Usually Fin could pretty much do that in her sleep, chatty and entirely unashamed.

Right. Okay. She was going for it. Just… edging closer, definitely not weird and intense…

”Miss Mikaev?” Once those words were out, Fin found that a whole other lot of them were trying to follow, bubbling out of her mouth unrestrained: ”Hello, it’s an honor to meet you, miss, I’ve been followin’ yer work in the field an’ it’s a real inspiration – brilliant stuff – we at the Vampire Rights Movement are right grateful for all you’ve done – ah. Sorry. All this blatherin’ and I havenae introduced myself! I’m Finley.”

GALINA MIKAEV

all is as it was meant to be ✨
GALINA MIKAEV
Head of Creature Regulation

Wand 84

12¾" Cherry, Mermaid Hair
Vampire | AGE: 137 | 24 POSTS

No Alumni
Wales

Virgo

Bisexual

Single

285 ʛ

Jan 2 2018, 11:09 AM

As Galina watched the the event from the back of the room she had felt eyes on her. At first she brushed it off since there was some reporters here and there documenting the event for the news and the paper. But as she continued to watch the interactions of the patrons she kept feeling the eyes on her and she couldn't help herself from trying to find the source. As Galina glanced around the space her eyes fell on a young red head girl who was making her way slowly toward her. Galina rose her eyebrows as she watched the girl, she was obviously coming toward Lina and was obviously nervous.

A small smile came to Galina's face as she watched the young girl walk up to her. But it quickly dropped for a moment as she noticed that the young girl was a vampire. The girl looked far too young to be one of her kind, and it made her sad to see such a young face be stuck. It reminded Galina of herself and her past. The girls voice broke her out of her thoughts and she blinked a little surprised at the girl. She was apparently a big fan and talked really fast. Galina couldn't keep the smile off her face if she wanted to as she listened to Finley introduce herself.

"Well Finley, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm glad my work is being followed by such a wonderful activist group." Galina's words were almost too polite for how innocent the girl in front of her. She took a breath and shook her head, "Forgive me, the politeness is a habit. How long have you been following my work then?" Galina did her best to drop the overly polite tone and replace it with something softer.

FINLEY MUNRO
Perhaps I should pick up ballet again...
FINLEY MUNRO
vampire rights activist

Wand 38

11½" Cypress, Unicorn Hair
Vampire | AGE: 19/34 | 27 POSTS

Hogwarts Alumni (Gryffindor)
no permanent residence

Virgo

Bisexual

Single

20 ʛ

Jan 13 2018, 01:50 PM

Fin’s knees were jell-o with overwhelmed excitement and her grin was probably bordering on psychotic, but absolutely none of that mattered because Galina Mikaev was talking to her, smiling at her, and wow. She was starstruck.

Please, ah promise ye, pleasure’s all mine,” she gushed, then paused to take a breath and remind herself to keep her accent in check, or she was going to be remembered by Galina as both psychotic and unintelligible. It was hard when her idol was basically praising her immortal life’s work. Fin’s eyes widened slightly at her next words – was Galina actually apologizing to her? What for? Was she perhaps hallucinating this entire encounter?

Blinking rapidly, Finley came back to her senses. ”Comin’ up to ten years, miss. Almost since I was Turned,” she admitted, for the first time feeling a twinge of embarrassment at her young age. What experience, what insight did she even have, compared to someone like Galina? ”The first few years were… well. You know. I didnae know anythin’ about vampire rights then, didnae care to find out, but then… It gave me hope, to know someone was out there, fightin’. Helped me see how I could make the best out of my situation. That it wasnae – all bad. An' I hope I can work wi' someone like you someday, inspirin' others.”

She ducked her head, feeling her cheeks heat with a phantom blush. ”Sorry, sorry! Am blatherin’ on again.”

GALINA MIKAEV

all is as it was meant to be ✨
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Options
Add Reply