+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
**** Halfblood Witch | AGE: 20 | 151 POSTS
Wand 56
9" Blackthorn, Cherub Feather
NET WORTH: 875 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Gryffindor) alternative text
Apr 23 2018, 08:48 AM
The next day, the next couple of days, and the next week was gone, and she had to face the fact that someone won’t keep his promise. She couldn’t blame him, yet she did, who understands this?!
Lily was always interested in Quidditch, coming from a family where everybody plays. She surely would be a great player, but she never went down on that road, she was already too occupied wanting to do different things than her family members, and let’s face the fact, Gryffindor was full with her brother and cousins.
She wasn’t often seen at black tie events, but her mum, Ginny was awarded a trophy, so she couldn’t miss this one. She wanted to, being in her condition that she was overall an emotional wreck, but she couldn’t get herself to not to be a good daughter, and there was the media in which eyes she also had to look supportive (which she was, regardless the event). So she came, she was wondering around with Rose, with her other cousins, and her mum and dad, but then Rose took off, and after Ginny took her trophy and all was well, she decided it was time for her to try and turn her mind off.
“A bottle of Pinot Noir.” she said and waved slightly to show that she wanted it to be slipped privately to her, with no splurge. She fixed her dress, and hid the bottle under a little coat she had with her, waved at her mum when taking off, and then walked out from the main room, but before walking out from the whole building, she has seen a door opened just at the end of the hallway. She was wondering where it leads and soon enough started walking to that direction to try and find out. She hoped that it maybe goes to the rooftop, although at the same time doubted it.

ALASDAIR BARCLAY

Sweet Lily Nothings is online, subscribe, like, and leave a comment! <3
+ Edinburgh, Scotland
+ Sagittarius
+ Bisexual
+ Single
ALASDAIR BARCLAY
Seeker for the Scottish National Team
** Halfblood Wizard | AGE: 24 | 54 POSTS
Wand 80

11½" Redwood, Thunderbird Feather
NET WORTH: 195 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Slytherin) alternative text
Apr 27 2018, 10:33 AM
Alasdair stifled a yawn with the back of his hand, using the opportunity to sneakily glance at his watch to see what time it was. It wasn’t that he didn’t like Quidditch award events - with free food and free booze and all of the best names in the sport, there wasn’t much more to ask for - but the problem was that, at this stage, he’d been to so many of them.

Now, that might have sounded a bit arrogant, but it was true, and yes, Ali was full of himself. He’d accepted an award of his own early on, a minor trophy for a particularly good catch of the Snitch a few games ago, but this evening wasn’t about him in the slightest, which was probably why he was starting to get a little bored.

He’d slipped to the bar earlier, taking advantage of the fact that all eyes were on Ginny Potter as she received some sort of prestigious prize, and downed an easy pint while chatting up a very lovely player from the Ballycastle Bats, but now he was feeling restless again and paced towards the main doors to the hall, loosening his bow tie a little bit in order to feel slightly less stifled and stuffy.

Alasdair had been intending to catch a literal breath of fresh air outside to refresh himself, but catching sight of Lily Potter - and of course, it had to be her, even thought it had been long time since he’d last seen her at Hogwarts, because not many people had a head of hair quite like that around the place. Besides, few people were as up to date on prominent figures in the wizarding world as Ali was.

He changed course slightly, walking up to her, and smiled winningly. “Hi, I’m Alasdair Barclay. I think we were at Hogwarts together, but I was a few years ahead of you?”

LILY POTTER

epic catch vs. australia in the 23rd minute - watch it on wiztube! great form for worlds.
+ New Orleans // London
+ Leo
+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
Wand 56
Apr 29 2018, 10:11 AM
She reached the door when she heard footsteps behind her. She placed her hand on it, but at the same time turned around, just to catch sight of how Alasdair Barclay loosened his tie. She caught her breath and looked slightly away, blushing as usual, as she heard him walking towards her.
Lily felt many things at the same time, but couldn't really name them as she was short of time, and he talked to her. She was used to being popular, but not with guys. She's only heard from others how so many of them were falling on their knees in a platonic way, but because Albus and James always kept everyone away very effectively, she thought it was just their eyes playing with them. Rose once even gave her a list of names... Alasdair was on it.
“Oh, I know who you are.” she slipped the information unwillingly and gulped as an answer to his smile. She has read so much about this smile in romantic novels where the guy was handsome and macho and the girl was helpless. She didn't think of herself that she was a helpless type, but in given circumstances, she had no idea what to do or what else to say. She realized she should put politeness forward as a first step.

“I'm Lily Potter.” she said, trying to remember if she had a crush on him - it was so many of them. Well, if she hadn't, that must've been a mistake as he was just her type, so she thought. She shook her head slightly trying to think clearly and about something else, and looked at her hand on the door.
“Do you happen to know, by any chance, what's behind?” Lily asked, her throat was really dry and she definitely wasn't drunk enough for this company to have an interesting conversation with.

ALASDAIR BARCLAY
+ Edinburgh, Scotland
+ Sagittarius
+ Bisexual
+ Single
ALASDAIR BARCLAY
Wand 80

May 2 2018, 09:33 AM
Alasdair’s smile widened into a grin when Lily Potter - yes, Lily Potter - blurted out that she knew who he was already. It was good for the old ego, even though there was a simple explanation there in that Lily obviously came from a family of huge Quidditch enthusiasts, and of course people who followed the game that closely would have heard of him. Still, Ali preferred to flatter himself a little, but he also wasn’t opposed to dishing out some flattery in return to others - he was, after all, a massive and unrepentant flirt.

“Aye, I know who you are too, Lily, of course, how could I not?” he responded with a laugh. “Just saw your ma getting her award up on stage - not sticking around for the party?” It didn’t look like she particularly had much interest in being in a room full of people wanting to hobnob over brooms and Quaffle passes, and he couldn’t really blame her for it. He didn’t particularly want to be stuck there either, especially since the likelihood of him getting quizzed about his updated training regimen was too high for comfort.

Well, perhaps they could help one another out. He certainly preferred the idea of talking to her to the thought of enduring spiels about the good old days from retired former Quidditch aces.

Ali shrugged, truthfully, in answer to her question. “Absolutely no idea. But we could find out, right? Like an adventure. Might be more fun than the endless sequence of awards here.”

LILY POTTER

epic catch vs. australia in the 23rd minute - watch it on wiztube! great form for worlds.
+ New Orleans // London
+ Leo
+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
Wand 56
May 4 2018, 09:43 AM
Lily blushed, and she thought she should try and wear stronger make-up on her cheeks, so it wouldn't be so obvious every time that she feels out of her place, for whatever reason. Like a breathtaking smile or look.
“Yeah, she's so great. Not really in the mood for so many watchful eyes.” she explained, as when it was a party in these places, it was inevitable to have the media around as well, a bunch of fans, and all that just needed someone who she wasn't that night. A together Lily Potter, smiling, nice and shiny.

“How about you?” Lily asked back, and let her eyes rest just long enough on his handsome face that it was hard to put thoughts together in her mind, other than 'aww', which was equal to nothing. She looked at the door in a hope for something humane she could use, but then Alasdair solved the challenge with his words. They could find out. Together. She felt herself shake a little for the idea, that was nothing more than opening a door to the unknown, literally and figuratively. She took a deep breath but was sure she wanted to proceed with this plan.
“Let's do so.” She finally pushed the door in, and stick her head after it. Seemed like it was just another, smaller room for parties. She stepped in and looked around to find a stage on the other end of the wall.

“Surpriiiiiise...” she said with fake enthusiasm and turned back, facing Ali. Everything seemed sort of dusty, they surely didn't use this room very often. She walked all the way to the stage, again facing away from him, and then put her coat, her bag, and the bottle of Pinot Noir down close to the edge, and hopped up, which was quite a maneuver in that dress. She took the battle on her lap, ready to open it up.Maybe drinking the same wine she did when it all went wrong for her, with someone absolutely different, will help Lily feel better.

ALASDAIR BARCLAY
+ Edinburgh, Scotland
+ Sagittarius
+ Bisexual
+ Single
ALASDAIR BARCLAY
Wand 80

May 6 2018, 04:02 AM
However he’d imagined Lily to be, he honestly hadn’t expected her to be quite so…nice. Sure, he’d known that at school she was a Hufflepuff and seemed to have a wide circle of friends from what he’d been able to see, but having never had the chance to really speak to her himself, it was a surprise that nothing about her family’s fame seemed to have gone to her head. Kind of admirable, too, since he knew that if he’d been in the same position, he would’ve had an absolutely unbelievable ego.

“I get that feeling,” Ali agreed, though he was maybe only half being serious about the fact. Yes, too many watchful eyes got annoying very quickly, but not because he didn’t enjoy the attention or being seen as a star - it was more of a hassle having people viewing his every move and waiting for him to make some sort of misstep. Having to constantly be careful took the fun out of most things, although he often still found a way to get around it, having learned a few tricks here and there over the years.

He laughed as, seemingly reading his mind, she asked the same question of him. “Like ye said, there’s a lot of people around, an’ people are nosy. Wanted to get away for a wee spell.” The prospect of managing to get away and have an opportunity to get to know pretty, pleasant Lily Potter was a nice one - he followed her through the door and let out another chuckle as, instead of anything particularly breathtaking or interesting, it just seemed to be a slightly musty, slightly dusty second room.

"Wow, what an adventure!” His exclamation was amused as he watched her make her way to the stage and manage to somehow manoeuvre her way onto it whilst juggling not only a dress, but also a number of her other belongings. Impressive. Following her, he placed his hands on the stage and vaulted up a little bit more smoothly, sitting beside her.

“Well, it’s not particularly exciting here, but at least ye won’t have to deal with the press trying to ask about your ma and watchin’ the whole night?”

LILY POTTER
+ New Orleans // London
+ Leo
+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
Wand 56
May 7 2018, 09:56 AM
She was surprised how Alasdair was a completely nice person. He was older than her, and already a Quidditch star when she entered Hogwarts. She has watched him over the years - in a meaning of knowing who he is - and sometimes heard not very nice things about him. Lily thought it is just how it is with other popular people - when you have the attention, they'll gossip about you.
She giggled at his comment about the adventure and then sat up on the stage, and soon enough, she wasn't alone sitting there. It was giving her very strange vibes, sitting so close to someone like him. For her, he was cool... like rain. Not warm and soft like someone else she tried to lock out from her mind. This new sort of feeling, somebody who's making her react so differently, and so much her own self, was relieving. The good old Lily Luna Potter, the romantic girl was still inside and still liked guys with a secretive, macho attitude.

“I can call my friend for you and ask her to let some dragons lose if you'd rather have some more dangerous adventure.” She turned her head towards his direction, but that was not a very good idea, considering the fact that now his face was closer to her level. And closer in general.
Her comment was absolutely about fun, she didn't even consider making it flirtatious. In fact, she wasn't even sure she'd know how to, like, really how to. It was a whole different story letting every thought lose around a Veela when she couldn't control her mind and her tongue.

“That's right. And I have company. Pinot Noir, and you.” Lily said, and finally managed to open the bottle with her wand, easy spell, but not when she's so distracted.
“We're short of glasses. Do you think anyone would follow if we acciod some?” Lily started laughing for the thought of flying wine glasses followed by people trying to figure out who's doing the magic.
“I shall say we shouldn't risk it. Imagine the paparazzi barging in and the titles of the Daily Prophet tomorrow... "Alasdair Barclay got his hands dirty with Lily Potter at the Best for the Best Yearly Quidditch Gala"” She quoted with her fingers in the air for the marks, and then quickly grabbed the bottle as it almost fell from her lap.
“Behave Lily! No wasting valuable alcohol!” she said with a laugh, she wasn't a massive drinker, although she did have her moments recently. She wasn't drinking wine, like at all, that could be an explanation why she felt a little warmer after that one sip. She passed the bottle onto Ali if he took it, secretly laying her eyes on him a little longer while he was busy.

ALASDAIR BARCLAY
+ Edinburgh, Scotland
+ Sagittarius
+ Bisexual
+ Single
ALASDAIR BARCLAY
Wand 80

May 15 2018, 06:47 AM
“Funny that, dragon wrangling was never my thing,” Ali remarked with a laugh, running a hand through his dark hair - too neat, too well-styled for the purposes of this fancy event - to muss it into a state of slight messiness that was more his style. “It seems safer, and a lot more fun, to be here with you.” He noted the close proximity of their faces after Lily tilted her head towards him, and smiled knowingly at her, not making any move to scoot back further away and create some distance - after all, he was comfortable where he was.

The pop of the cork flying out of the bottle of pinot noir sounded loud and echoing in the empty space of the room - it sounded like she was being flirtatious when she spoke, which he didn’t mind, and in fact he chuckled along again at the mental picture of wine glasses zooming with a purpose towards them. “Agreed, sounds like it wouldn’t end well - even though that would still be a nicer headline than some of the ones that have been printed about me before.” Thoughtfully, he added, “Although in this case, that kind of press coverage would probably send your entire extended family out for my blood, too.”

It was worth remembering - this was Lily Potter, and her family was one of the most influential in the modern wizard world. Anything that he said or did had consequences that might affect his image, his reputation, both of which Ali cared deeply about, and the massive Potter-Weasley-et cetera clan was not one that he wanted to be on the bad side of, ever. Best not to flirt too much, then. Just a little bit. Harmless.

He took the bottle from her when she held it out with a murmured thank you, and raised it to his lips for a brief sip before lowering it again and offering it back to her. “Huh, that’s not bad wine - guess they really do spare no expense after all for events like these. I’m surprised, though, I wouldn’t have had you figured for the type to sneak a bottle of wine out from a party. Is this something you do often?”

LILY POTTER
+ New Orleans // London
+ Leo
+ Heterosexual
+ In a Relationship
Wand 56
May 16 2018, 06:06 AM
“That’s strange, I certainly thought you were the dragon slaying type, flying on brooms, cutting heads.” she chuckled imagining the picture in her mind, but then, something much more interesting caught her eyes, and that was him messing his neat hair up. Suddenly, she wanted to do that.
“Agreed” she said as she shook the previous thought out of her head. It was easy and complicated for her, sitting next to Ali. On one side, she was fully in control of herself, on the other side, she hardly knew him, and he was so attractive.

“Oh, now the fun starts! Come on, fill me in on one that was nasty and true!” Lily asked in a slightly challenging tone, this seemed to be a good game to play at that moment.
“Hm, let’s see... Weasleys are mainly harmless. Except Fred, he might get worked up, but that would be mainly solidarity to James... and funny enough, it wouldn’t even be my dad you’d need to be afraid of the most. Albus and James, on the other hand...” she laughed it off, but that was annoying her more and more, how the Terrible Potter Duo was handling HER business.

“They are at the other end of the world though, so you’d have enough time to hide.” added Lily giggling, and took the bottle back to take a bigger sip, and then passed it to him again. The wine was so heavy and tasty, she couldn’t really decide if she liked it or not, but more sips meant she enjoyed it more, for sure. But she didn’t want to talk about it, because that was linked to someone she didn’t want to think of.

“I’ve never done something like this ever before. I’m a good girl.” she said, and only seen one solution to get him distracted from the topic.
“Alright, Barclay, let’s get down to business.” she clapped “You show me yours, and I show you mine.” Pause.
“The music list on your phone!” she cracked up laughing, looking at his face, she didn’t know where this bravery came from to say such thing, it was probably combined the wine and the desire to distract the topic. And she was still feeling only playful, she knew so less about the game of seduction or flirt she wouldn’t even get started. Even if this was clearly considered flirtatious.

ALASDAIR BARCLAY
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS
ADD REPLY

Image Map
RP MONTHS APRIL MAY JUNE JULY
ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!

Currency Galleons
Minister Kristopher Norwood
Non-Magical Muggle