Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
ADD REPLY

[closed] Found You Out, X: Reid
+ Scotland
+ Capricorn
+ Heterosexual
+ Engaged
ELIZA KENEDY
Healer (Long-term Curse Care)
***** Pureblood Witch | AGE: 24 | 255 POSTS
Wand 29

10" Beech, Mermaid Hair
NET WORTH: 196 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Hufflepuff) alternative text
Mar 11 2018, 03:59 AM
Eliza was a bit shaken after hearing that her family was not the only one in her immediate circle that'd gone through a loved one going missing. It was always just something that did not happen to anyone you cared about... and in her case it just kept cropping back up in one form or another. She was glad, today, that she had made a career of righting such wrongs... but it didn't stop the blonde from wondering what it would have been like to be a healer instead.

Per the agreement with Penn, she'd said little to anyone about what he'd told her. A lot of the details were a little too public, but she didn't want to highlight anything someone would miss. Another thing she was hoping to avoid was too much worry on her behalf. For the moment, she was just meeting Reid to learn more about the context. It was nothing endangering unless there was something she didn't know.

She came dressed in plain clothes to the Arcanum, finding a long and well lit table. She was in a professional mindset, now, though she was also prepared in case a friend was more needed. She imagined this was not the brother who'd plan on needing that, but also that this was not something discussed often. She knew she could still get caught off guard herself despite years of questions coming up.

She pulled her map, paper, graph overlay, and pencils from her bag. Then she took her black leather notebook and quill out. This was not something to be transmitted by technology or transcribed onto it. Always loving hugs as she did, she sat down anyway, figuring that she would simply follow Reid's lead... not really knowing what to expect as Penn had been out of his element the other night as well. When she saw someone that fit his description, she gave a small and friendly wave and laid out her materials so that a small workspace presented itself. It'd have to do for now.

REID LARSEN
All my life, I've been waiting for moments to come-- when I catch fire, and wash over you like the sun. I will fight to fix up and get things right. I can't change the world, but maybe I'll change your mind.
+ London, UK
+ Aries
+ Heterosexual
+ Single
REID LARSEN
Quidditch Player
* Pureblood Wizard | AGE: 23 | 27 POSTS
Wand 48
10" Hornbeam, Pegasus Feather
NET WORTH: 426 ʛ
Hogwarts Alumni (Slytherin) alternative text
Mar 17 2018, 01:35 PM
Reid was suspicious of the owl the moment it came in. First he thought it was a fan letter from a stalker, but once Penn's letter came in it was all making sense. Clearly Penn didn't have anything going on in his life. The kid made no attempt to create his own future, so he had to dig up the past instead. Penn's selfish needs, among other things, needed to be put to rest once and for all.

So save your jokes for someone who cared, but Reid had never been to this library. He always thought people who came to libraries were snobs, only caring about being seen as brainy. He believed this because he'd done it himself to impress a girl before. But that was all in the past. Now he cast judgment on everyone here, including Eliza Kenedy.

"Ya know a coffee shop coulda worked. Didn't need to show off your smarts by bein' here. I know pretty girls can be intelligent too," he winked at her and found a spot across from her. He'd let her introduce herself to him while he gave her a good once over.

He couldn't recall much about her from Hogwarts. She was with Louis Weasley a lot of the time. Hufflepuff. Cute, not sexy. But maybe she had a kinky side he wasn't aware of and then this library could really be used to its full advantage.

Wearing my Slytherin green today in honor of the innocent fallen. #blessed
+ Scotland
+ Capricorn
+ Heterosexual
+ Engaged
ELIZA KENEDY
Wand 29

10" Beech, Mermaid Hair
Mar 25 2018, 10:19 PM
He was definitely composed differently than his brother. His feautures almost looked sharpened and his eyes betrayed multiple points of focus. She felt very, observed, and was not too certain but was pretty sure it was time to give her engagement ring an intentional twist. She didn't always wear it on her fingers at work. Sometimes it was better that people didn't know her weakness. And Merlin knew that veela boy she was engaged to could make her weak. His smile was nice, but not enough. Not entirely genuine.

"Is somewhere so public appropriate?" She was all business now as she held out her hand. "I'm Eliza, as I'm sure you already know. And for now, this is between us until I'm convinced there needs to be more involvement." She currently felt very on the fence about this, as she didn't know the positions of those involved. The wrong people knowing the right detail could trigger a cover up of anything that could already be.

And while she hated the idea of doubting her own place of work, she wasn't usually housed at the ministry. She was considered part of it only loosely, and most of the time her primary trust was placed in her team.

REID LARSEN
All my life, I've been waiting for moments to come-- when I catch fire, and wash over you like the sun. I will fight to fix up and get things right. I can't change the world, but maybe I'll change your mind.
+ London, UK
+ Aries
+ Heterosexual
+ Single
REID LARSEN
Quidditch Player
Wand 48
Apr 8 2018, 04:12 PM
Lots of women wanted to be seen with the popular quidditch player, but in turn that kind of publicity scared off the taken ones. Eliza's deliberate move toward her engagement ring was less a polite notice than it was a challenge. She was scared of being caught, but she'd underestimated just how discreet Reid could be.

"Involvement? What exactly did Penn tell you?" Reid found it hard to believe that after all this time someone would invest themselves in the case. It wasn't that his father wasn't worth it or important enough. He just figured this kind of sit-down would be for a documentary or an interview.

Having Penn initiate what sounded like a fresh investigation out of nowhere, well, it was enough to make his eyes roll. "He's queer, ya know? They're 'drama this drama that' about everything. I know ya mean well, Sweetheart, but it was eight years ago." He shrugged. "Ministry didn't do shit. What can you do to do anything different?"

ELIZA KENEDY
+ Scotland
+ Capricorn
+ Heterosexual
+ Engaged
ELIZA KENEDY
Wand 29

10" Beech, Mermaid Hair
Apr 8 2018, 05:01 PM
She rattled her brain for every little detail. He had an ego, and she couldn't decide whether it was wise or unwise to feed it. With that being said, Penn had focused a little less on details and a little more on the larger picture that seemed to be at play. "He mostly seemed to know the who's and where's. He said that the body was in a pond he never swam in. He knew how to swim and no-one else was allowed in." She tried to keep on the table the things closest to facts, only. "He said that some of his books were banned, that they were rumored to have purist undertones."

His reactions to his brother's reaching out wasn't quite enough to unsettle her. She'd talked to a lot of families and so many times there were defensive reactions. It was just part of it by now for El. Still, he earned the smallest of eye-rolls. "I didn't take any of that to be very dramatic. He said that there was a single-day Ministry investigation and that they came up with nothing. I've been doing this for a couple of years and even cold cases tend to have some kind of lead. It just.." How to phrase this... "I don't have the same bureaucratic and time wasting standards."

Time wasn't something to be wasted. She opened a notebook. "And even if I can't solve anything, it deserves a real investigation. I have people I trust a lot but I can start more or less solo. Penn just told me you were the one holding the cards, so to speak." There, it was all out there now.

REID LARSEN
+ London, UK
+ Aries
+ Heterosexual
+ Single
REID LARSEN
Quidditch Player
Wand 48
Apr 15 2018, 12:08 PM
Reid wasn't sure how much he was willing to divulge Eliza until she explained just how little Penn knew. "That's all true." It was better Penn knew so little. He didn't know about the treasure chest hidden beneath the water, or the grindylow that had guarded it. And neither did the Ministry by the time they'd arrived the next morning. Any evidence of what had happened was gone. For having been a sixteen-year-old kid at the time, he'd made mistakes, but somehow it'd worked out. Only he knew the truth.

But now here was Eliza Kenedy talking about a real deal investigation. Reid licked his lips as he debated. He damn straight held the cards. He didn't have to reveal anything. Even giving her part of the truth, which he'd thought should be hidden at the time but now seemed safe, didn't seem worth it. He was stubborn now that Paige didn't need to be dragged into this.

He glanced down with a shake of his head. "Yeah, it's clear the 'fair & balanced' Ministry looked the other way. My dad's a hero among the Purium. They'd started building ranks back then and were gonna make a real difference in this world. 'Coure some pro-integration vigilante drowns him in his own backyard and the Ministry just thinks well that worked out real nice, didn't it?"

He glanced back up. There was no way this girl could get evidence from eight years ago. It was his word alone that would move this investigation, and this investigation would end with her. "It got me thinkin' though..." He leaned in across the library table. "They didn't get just any wizard for this. Far as I know Dad wasn't a dueler. They didn't have to get a skilled hitman, but they did need someone to clean up. They'd have hired someone experienced just for that. No tracks. Hands clean." His hands made a disappearing gesture. "There's someone responsible alright."

But who could be that misleading breadcrumb?

ELIZA KENEDY
+ Scotland
+ Capricorn
+ Heterosexual
+ Engaged
ELIZA KENEDY
Wand 29

10" Beech, Mermaid Hair
Apr 21 2018, 12:01 AM
She could see him changing a little, just subtlety starting to color his features. It was some thought happening and she knew that this had to be a lot to think about. Even just the fact that this was their first meeting made things a little difficult.. and yet he did not seem to be the type to request multiple trust building exercises. She had the feeling, in other words, that this meeting would either launch her into an investigation or shut her out from this connection altogether. And she wasn't sure how Penn would take that. When she heard him speak, she was actually a bit surprised.

She didn't push for eye contact or anything here, instead she jotted down some key words and phrases, like hero and vigilante. They weren't raising flags yet on their own, but she was thinking back to a case in America where she'd heard similar language about another published author. Odd. She wanted to agree that something sounded off. It did, but it also sounded… obvious.

She met his eyes as soon as he looked back up though. "There is definitely something that smells of some rumors I heard when I first started." They were vague. Missing documents and someone's signature that didn't appear to work for the Ministry. It all seemed very inconsequential but she couldn't help but notice too many odd things. "But they all seemed so insignificant and dead-ended that it wasn't clear even who they were in regards to. They were basically just alias names afloat at the time." It was odd. "I'd love to hear more, Reid. I'd also like to come up with a strategy that you'd not be opposed to. But I assume that there are terms." She let that hang in the air, heavily.

REID LARSEN
+ London, UK
+ Aries
+ Heterosexual
+ Single
REID LARSEN
Quidditch Player
Wand 48
Apr 29 2018, 12:13 AM
"Terms?" He answered, surprised. Why hadn't he have thought of that. He was going with the fake-open book approach, but some tit for tat sounded real nice. "I don't have nothin to hide, and I'm the only one you can talk to..." He struggled to think of what to say. This whole thing was bad timing, especially with everything happening with the Purium. The last thing he needed was an investigator nosing around his business.

"How bout this. You investigate who I think coulda done it, and if ya find out anything substantial I'll take ya out to dinner. Terms sound fair?" He had an idea of who he could send her to, and maybe he'd scare her a bit. There was no need to be drastic and send her into Hogwarts on the day of the big show. No need to hurt a pretty face. Reid just needed her much, much further away.

ELIZA KENEDY

+ Scotland
+ Capricorn
+ Heterosexual
+ Engaged
ELIZA KENEDY
Wand 29

10" Beech, Mermaid Hair
May 8 2018, 03:41 PM
She had only assumed that there would be terms. She'd been warned without a warning and did not anticipate any information coming easily. "Fair, but I don't work without some form of contract. I like to have in writing what it is and isn't before I begin any digging or even extensive questioning." She was beginning to grow into herself in this career, something she was proud of. Her voice lost its sugar and became fully professional as she tucked a stray hair behind her ear. "And then of course I'll begin getting a better idea of the things you're most forthcoming with."

She was unsure of this layout for a couple of reasons. She was engaged and not doing this for financial gain. "Tell me all about who I'm going to see, why you suspect them at least. I'll charm this to record a bit." She flicked her wand. "If I'm going to talk to anyone at length, alone, I need a bit more than that." This basically, she figured, spelled out some of her most prominent concerns without her needing to be overly explicit. Just keep playing into his hand. She ignored the dinner comment, for now. Payment was off the table in her mind and not worth discussing. Louis could make dinner with her.

REID LARSEN
+ London, UK
+ Aries
+ Heterosexual
+ Single
REID LARSEN
Quidditch Player
Wand 48
May 20 2018, 01:26 PM
Reid was not liking this turning point in the conversation. This bitch wanted a contract? Even if he derailed her she'd likely return and be more suspicious. He had a decision to make, and Reid wasn't one for thoughtful quick decision making. Fuck it. Maybe she didn't ask for this or deserve this, but it was better if she was just out of his hair completely. Two birds with one stone.

"He's at Hogwarts. The mudblood professor who does the Muggle Studies class. He's real pro-integration and had beef with my dad, got his books banned from the library and was doin' some grass-roots shit to get 'em banned from Flourish and Blott's right when he died. The owner was for free speech, so it wasn't gonna happen. Losin' battle. And you had him, didn't ya? He's on the extreme side."

"He knows something. I can write down his office hours. I've tried to get a talk in with him, but he doesn't give me access into Hogwarts....no surprise he doesn't want to talk to the son of the man he got killed."

Was that convincing? It better be. If this plan was going to work, he needed her at Hogwarts on just the right day and time.

ELIZA KENEDY
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS
Pages: (2) 1 2 
ADD REPLY

Image Map
RP MONTHS JULY AUG SEPT OCT
ACCIO CBOX LINK | KEEP THE CHAT FRIENDLY!

Currency Galleons
Minister Kristopher Norwood
Non-Magical Muggle